PDA

View Full Version : Instead of a jacket...

logan1
03-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Well it gets into the triple digits here in Oklahoma and it is really hard to rock a jacket at those kinda of temperature. So i have been looking at alternatives and was wondering is anyone had any experience with Fox Armor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FOX-Body-Armour-BNWT_W0QQitemZ350035361314QQihZ022QQcategoryZ42326 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sixsixone-661-Pressure-Suit-Body-Armor-Chest-Pad-XXL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34353QQihZ004QQitem Z140214433232QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I want to use it instead of my jacket during the summer for commuting back and forth from work.

Carolina
03-14-2008, 08:48 PM
looks cool /good price but would it be any cooler than a perforated mesh or textile????

you could also:squid: it out naw joking

It's been said before I'd rather wipe sweat than blood just get a camelpack instead

vabarber2
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
If you go with that I wish you luck man! IMHO I'd just go with a mesh jacket! But something is always better than nothing!

Carolina
03-14-2008, 08:51 PM
also it's coming from hong kong make sure you get the correct size if you get it but most of our ishh is made in china or some foreign country nway

Good Luck

logan1
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Believe me guys i am very concern about safety especially since i ride a 07 GSXR 1000 and that is the reason i came to the forum to get more constructive input in order to make an informed decision.

Its just that when you get stuck in traffic at 5 pm and it's a 102 degrees every little bit of cooling make a difference.

t-homo
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Both of them look like some good quality pieces for what they are. I have never had eszpererince with ehter but if you do it, write a review. I think Icon or A-stars has a piece that is kinda the same on motorcycle-superstore.

Cutty72
03-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I have a mesh JR jacket.
Wearing that is cooler than wearing just a tshirt.
my .02

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:39 PM
go faster

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a mesh JR jacket.
my .02

Truth.

I've seen guys wearing rigs like that... I dunno though, I'd be worried about it sliding around if I went down... At least with a jacket if the armor slides, you still have some protection...

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:54 PM
as far as protection goes, i wouldnt trust that shit. plus you'd look like the fucking road warrior and somebody might throw a spear through your chest.

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 01:55 PM
as far as protection goes, i wouldnt trust that shit. plus you'd look like the fucking road warrior and somebody might throw a spear through your chest.

I totally want to look like the Road Warrior.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:58 PM
loose 50 pounds and become attractive. thats a start.

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 02:01 PM
loose 50 pounds and become attractive. thats a start.

It's hard to accept a burn when the burn'er' cannot spell lose.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
It's hard to accept a burn when the burn'er' cannot spell lose.

im not even going to edit it just to spite you mother fucker.

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 02:03 PM
im not even going to edit it just to spite you mother fucker.

It's cool looser.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Your mom is looser.

Imma be on your grammar for the next week like a vulture on miscarried fetus's in the desert.

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Your mom is looser.

Imma be on your grammar for the next week like a vulture on miscarried fetus's in the desert.

My grammar is solid... I write real good.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 02:19 PM

You will falter.

Cutty72
03-15-2008, 02:41 PM

You mean you write very well. :lol:

OneSickPsycho
03-15-2008, 02:49 PM
You mean you write very well. :lol:

It was a joke, retard.

vabarber2
03-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Such hatred!

azoomm
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/canspellsmiley.gif (http://www.millan.net)

As far as that *armor* goes. Don't do it. There are plenty of guys here that do it because they think it makes them "hard core". That's a fail...

vabarber2
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/canspellsmiley.gif (http://www.millan.net)

As far as that *armor* goes. Don't do it. There are plenty of guys here that do it because they think it makes them "hard core". That's a fail...
:lol:

:iagree:Exactly!

logan1
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/anaranchi/ThreadDirection.jpg

Phenix_Rider
03-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I'd wear that...under a textile jacket.

fnfalman
03-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I have an AlpineStar underjacket like that, I think they call it the SM-Bionic or some sort of dumbass name. It's not meant to be outerwear. The mesh won't resist abrasion at all. You're suppose to wear it under an offroad jersey or offroad textile jacket, or onroad outfit. I wear mine when I go offroading under a textile jacket. They're available in shorts too.

T-Pro (imported by Johnson Leathers in San Francisco) also has a similar get-up. As is Bohn body armor.

Amber Lamps
03-16-2008, 05:43 AM
I have an AlpineStar underjacket like that, I think they call it the SM-Bionic or some sort of dumbass name. It's not meant to be outerwear. The mesh won't resist abrasion at all. You're suppose to wear it under an offroad jersey or offroad textile jacket, or onroad outfit. I wear mine when I go offroading under a textile jacket. They're available in shorts too.

T-Pro (imported by Johnson Leathers in San Francisco) also has a similar get-up. As is Bohn body armor.

I have the Dainese version somewhere,I think,if I find it you can have it. I think I wore it 3 or 4 times under a jersey. I was so paranoid that I couldn"t enjoy riding. Also,Icon sells a vest and elbow and knee armor. I know people that have gone down with the vest who swear by it and I've crashed the leg armor wth excellent results...zero damage! Personally,I'd rather see you in a mesh jacket,tho'. The greatest armor in the world can only protect the parts of the body that it covers.

neebelung
03-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I have a mesh JR jacket.
my .02

:werd:

An in all seriousness, there's something to that. The more skin you have exposed to the sun on a hot day, the more you're going to dehydrate (not to mention, sunburn). Your body is actually going to stay COOLER in a jacket than in, let's say, a t-shirt and some body armour.

It seems to be OTB made a really excellent post about this (with some comparisons to nomads in the desert) some time ago... maybe he can chime in with some wisdom here.

jalaan1
03-16-2008, 11:51 AM
like said above, that armor is great, but under some sort of jacket for best
abrasion resistance.
i wear a mesh jacket in the hot weather and it keeps me cool enough.

i'd suggest a quality mesh jacket, and to help reflect the sun's rays get
a brightly colored one.
just my .02

DLIT
03-16-2008, 12:06 PM
My last track day in Vegas, it was 100+ and I was in a 1-peice. When I was riding street during the summer, it'd be 100+. Still in my 1-peice. It's not that bad when you're moving. I'd just suck it up.

02Gsxxr
03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
With the design behind that item... you might as well just get a perforated leather jacket thing looks like a jacket as it is

No Worries
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Tough it out. Wear a leather jacket with a synthetic t-shirt underneath that soaks up sweat. I have a bunch of shirts and shorts that wick away sweat under my leathers. I got them from REI for hiking, but all outdoor stores and catalogs carry them. On really hot days, I carry a dry, spare shirt in my tank bag.

fatburg
03-19-2008, 08:14 AM
I wear a similar set up when on the dual sport, and let me tell you, it is NOT any cooler then my mesh/perf'd leather jacket. A lot of my buddies ride with the 6-6-1 gear and they love it. It does not move around on you once adjusted correctly. I'm just up in KC so I understand the high 90's with 90 percent humidity, and personally I think there are better solutions to beat the heat.

With that said, though I love my current mesh, I'm looking to replace it with a full perf'd leather jacket, mine has a foam back protector, but i don't like the feeling of having the rest of my mid section totally exposed.