PDA

View Full Version : 2002 ZX-6R for sale

GearGrabinGuy
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Well I use to be on here a lot more than I am now. I have been super busy with school and attempting to start a career. I havent had time to ride my bike and it is making me VERY sad. I cant stand to see it sit without being ridden.

Anywho
-22,6xx miles

-Custom full yoshimura exhaust made specifically for me

-hand polished frame, swing arm and rims

-Factory Pro racing shift kit

-Flush mount front LEDS turns

-Pilot Power tires

-Rear clear tails with integrated turn signals

-Ivan’s custom jet kit (also made for me)

-Ignition advance plate

-Professional dyno tune (stock: 92hp/ Mine: 103hp pump and 110hp with 110octane)

-Factory Pro gears 14/40 that is not factory and is one tooth down in the front.

-Custom shark skinz painted in cady black with house of colors lime time pearl green flames traced with cady silver

On top of this I have been over the entire bike and replaced all wheel bearings, fork seals gaskets and the list goes on and on and on.

I am a fully licensed Aircraft mechanic and treat all of my vehicles with the best of care and products.

This bike was my first and it hurts me to see it go but I’m ready for a new project.

It is very clean and very beautiful, has no mechanical issues burns no oil and runs like a champ.

Also I have an extra double bubble wind screen and an extra tranny (nothing is wrong with the current one I eBay snagged a brand new one for $15 and figured why not have a spare.)

Ok the reason I am asking $5500 OBO (I am willing to negotiate but I can’t just give this bike away) is because I have over $11,000 invested in this bike alone (I am a freak with receipts which you will receive with purchase if you would like) I realize I am not going to get that back out. This is a great chance at a one off custom sport bike that every time I ride gets TONS of compliments. Yes this bike has been ridden but never abused by me and it rides amazing and gets 42mpg while doing it!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/benrhayes/bike/PICT0021.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/benrhayes/bike/PICT0022.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/benrhayes/bike/PICT0023.jpg

I want a home for this where it will be cared for. I am willing to negotiate on reasonable offers. I do not have time to do delivery to pick up is the only option. It is located close to Lincoln, IL. It is best to reach me by email benrhayes@aim.com

Thanks guys :dthumb:

GearGrabinGuy
02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
What price would this have to be to get anyone one interested?

rider76
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Man, I live like 100 miles from you by Scott AFB. Put that fucker in St louis Cl. All the young guys gettin their taxes back, buying like fuckin crazy. I sold 3 bikes in 10 days, got full price for all of them.Good luck tho.

GearGrabinGuy
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I have it listed in Peoria, Bloomington, and Springfield. I didnt know if I should go as far as STL but I will have to do that.

marko138
02-19-2009, 08:16 AM
What price would this have to be to get anyone one interested?
Nice bike, brother, but a tad optimistic on that price, IMO. Good luck with your sale. After selling a bike in 3 days...I'd take Rider's advice.

GearGrabinGuy
02-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah I have it posted up in STL now. But honestly with what I have done to it what price would you guys look to get for it. Im just tossing a number out there, input would be very nice.

Im willing to bend I just need this sucka out my shop and some cash in hand.

JoJoYZF
02-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah I have it posted up in STL now. But honestly with what I have done to it what price would you guys look to get for it. Im just tossing a number out there, input would be very nice.

Im willing to bend I just need this sucka out my shop and some cash in hand.

Id probably start at 5k or 5500, it just looks more buyer friendly than 6k for a 7 year old 600cc bike.

GearGrabinGuy
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks, Ill prolly drop the price then.

deals gap dragon slayer
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
It is located close to Lincoln, IL.

I fucked a girl in lincoln back in 2003... Don't tell her husband though :ladysman:

Dave
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
got the stock parts still? youd probably get more if you sold your one offs separate

marko138
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
got the stock parts still? youd probably get more if you sold your one offs separate
Exactly. The mods don't mean shit in resale. At the end of the day you are asking 6 grand for a 2002 600cc motorcycle.

GearGrabinGuy
02-19-2009, 11:31 PM

Nope, the original plastics were broke.

Yeah, I realize that with the mods but I would rather just ride it till the wheels fell off if I could only get $2000 or something dumb like that out of it. It just makes me cry I spent that much on it to see it go for so little if that were the case.

Quick281
02-20-2009, 05:09 AM
I would agree with Rider, see if you can't sell it to someone with a tax return who is looking to blow some money.

5k would look a little more friendly and try to remember that modifications aren't investments.

rider76
02-20-2009, 01:25 PM
saw your CL posting. I had the same idiots emailing me with low ball offers and wanting to trade their Star Wars posters plus cash.... thats just Craigslist man.

I know you need the cash, but I would post " no rides without cash in hand" lot douches just want to test ride bikes all day with no intention of buying anything.

GearGrabinGuy
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah, I would never let anyone test ride it without that cash in my hand!

And I just got accepted to grad school today so now I really do need the cash!

rider76
02-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Siuc?

wildchild
03-06-2009, 08:57 AM
you asked a question, I'm giving you honest feed back, not trying to slam. If I were purchasing the bike I would look here.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-23-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=23&p=38&f=5698&m=0149&d=1200007935&y=2002&ml=K&z=60031&gc=MC&gtc=MC

I start at the low retail and if you have maintenance records go up if you dumped it we go down.
I sold my '06 cbrf4i last year for 5500. Perfect condition, all stock except windshield. 12000 mi. Sports don't get a premium unless you find a guy who really wants exactly what you have.
Again if you are offended by this in any way let me know I'll delete it, I'm just letting you know how some people shop. aftermarket stuff on the bike just doesn't do anything for the price. When you put it on you have to be willing to give it away unless you have stock pieces to put back on.