PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Project takes flight

Gas Man
03-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Well the some of the boys came out to play... and/or to see the all winter long project come to its closure. The Phoenix project that I have spent so much time documenting on the other site.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight001.jpg

We had to fixed one bad wire connection and then it came together...

Added some gas
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight003.jpg

Made sure the tappet had oil. Already ensured oil at the filter and other hose connections.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight004.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight005.jpg

Got her started as you'll see in the video and the guys got the biggest kick out of my loose mirror that fell (hopefully that won't be an issue after some loctite and some more torque).
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight006.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Flight/Flight008a.jpg

So the vids. There are 4.

I tried to put them in order on a playlist

Phoenix Project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO80WJc5Uw0&feature=PlayList&p=0E16986BFFD17E31&index=0&playnext=1)

Otherwise here's the individual links.
Start the Phoenix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO80WJc5Uw0)
Phoenix riding away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFoCsUHYBlM)
Phoenix Flight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjw2Qci-XPs)
Phoenix Final Loop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrEpYLVxy2s)

It turned out better than I could have expected. :rockout::rockwoot: The bike sounds and pulls great. Just waiting on my headlight mount to get back from chrome and I'll be able to put down some miles.

Mr Lefty
03-16-2008, 07:39 AM
that bitch sound fucking AWESOME!

now get some gear on... ya :squid: :lol:

awesome build Gasman... I can't wait to actually see and HEAR it in person

DLIT
03-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Why do you call it Phoenix?

Mr Lefty
03-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Why do you call it Phoenix?

I think he said it had something to do with tearing it down and rebuilding it... like the story of the phoenix rising from the ashes... :idk:

Mudpuppy
03-16-2008, 09:54 AM
gasman you are so fucking gay.. what the fuck? don't EVER call something that gay a cool name like phoenix.. did you fall off your kawasaki when you had it and bump your head or something? this has to be the gayest thing i have seen in my life.. but i guess if you are going to park it in the corners at least have a good reason.. best of luck on spending your entire summer polishing chrome and wishing you could ride but there is a .000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of rain and the barometric pressure just isn't right and you rattled all your necessary components off your bike..

gay, gay and more gay.. you disappoint me gasman..

jalaan1
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
:chopper:

nice work, sounds great.

Trip
03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
looks sweet

azoomm
03-16-2008, 11:47 AM
That's really awesome man!!

DLIT
03-16-2008, 12:01 PM
I think he said it had something to do with tearing it down and rebuilding it... like the story of the phoenix rising from the ashes... :idk:

Exactly. There were no ashes to begin with, but I see the point.

t-homo
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Good work Gas Man. That thing is sick. Next winter can you just buy me a duc with the money instead though?

Audiomechanic
03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
GREAT JOB ,GAS! That thing is sweet! All that hard work (and money) paid off it seems!!! I'd love to see it in person but I won't be making the rally. :cry:

One day.

gasman you are so fucking gay.. what the fuck? don't EVER call something that gay a cool name like phoenix.. did you fall off your kawasaki when you had it and bump your head or something? this has to be the gayest thing i have seen in my life.. but i guess if you are going to park it in the corners at least have a good reason.. best of luck on spending your entire summer polishing chrome and wishing you could ride but there is a .000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of rain and the barometric pressure just isn't right and you rattled all your necessary components off your bike..

Dayum. Who shoved a corn dog in your butt this morning?

vabarber2
03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Congrats on finishing!! Nice work and she sounds awsome!!!

No Worries
03-16-2008, 08:52 PM

I don't care for Cruisers, but at least Gasman does his own mods and maintenance. Lots of sportbike riders are too scared or lazy to work on their bikes.

Gas Man
03-16-2008, 10:39 PM

:panic::idk:

And guess what... you don't polish chrome!

Exactly. There were no ashes to begin with, but I see the point.

Its symbolic man...

I don't care for Cruisers, but at least Gasman does his own mods and maintenance. Lots of sportbike riders are too scared or lazy to work on their bikes.

And now that I'm done with mine... I got 2 more ready to hit the lift. A neighbors Honda Magna that needs some boards, pipes, jet kit, oil change, ect. And a AIH Legend chopper that needs pipes, jetting, new tail lights & turns, and a sissy bar.

Thanks for mostly the kind words... I know all about the slack I will catch on the tennis shoes and NO gear. But shit... you imagine the excitement if you just build that bike with your hands and did every single bolt... I didn't need gear, I could take on the world with all the adrelaine.

Mudpuppy
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
that's all you have to say fuckwad? so you clean it whatever.. jesus man you completely lost your fucking mind.. yeah here are some observations:

1. that garage is too fucking clean - did you fly american choppers out to do the real work, send them home with a wad of cash and then open the garage for your pals?

2. yes i respect the fact that gasman worked on it

and finally yes i agree most sportbike riders just take their shit to the stealership or whatever.. thanks to the help of fellow members of wos i do all of the work on my bike..

gasman DO NOT make me come over there and smack you upside the head with a fucking muffin pan bitch..

Gas Man
03-17-2008, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't let OCC touch my shit any fuckin day!!!

Garage clean? HMMMM... that's the only way to run.

You better bring your own muffin pan and hope its bullet proof! :D

OneSickPsycho
03-17-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm using a tacklebox... Tacklebox FTW!

Audiomechanic
03-17-2008, 12:47 AM
And now that I'm done with mine... I got 2 more ready to hit the lift. A neighbors Honda Magna that needs some boards, pipes, jet kit, oil change, ect. And a AIH Legend chopper that needs pipes, jetting, new tail lights & turns, and a sissy bar.

Thanks for mostly the kind words... I know all about the slack I will catch on the tennis shoes and NO gear. But shit... you imagine the excitement if you just build that bike with your hands and did every single bolt... I didn't need gear, I could take on the world with all the adrelaine.

Hey, Gas, let me know what jet kit you use and how it turns out. Since my next bike will likely be a Magna, I might want to liven it up a bit more than it already is.

I can imagine the excitement! You built that thing from the ground up!

Gas Man
03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah it wasn't a magna but is a shadow... have it on the lift now...

Audiomechanic
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah it wasn't a magna but is a shadow... have it on the lift now...

Dang, oh well.

ceo012384
03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
GM, I'm really glad you brought this thread over, I always liked it.

AND THAT THING SOUNDS FUCKING MEANNNNNNN!!! :rockout::rockout::rockout:

Mudpuppy
03-17-2008, 11:17 PM

its just ridicolous - looks like you could host a sewing or knitting class in that fucking garage.. why does it need to be bullet proof? you going to shoot me? don't you know i am 10' tall and bulletproof motherfucker.. i'll just use your muffin pans and have you cook me some muffins after i smack you up with them and show you the bolts are still in there even after an ass beating..

and most chopper owners work on there own bikes because they have to.. all that shit rattles off constantly.. high fucking maintenance.. i would rather spend my time riding then working on my shit all the time..

yeah gasman thanks for bringing this thread over you commie fuck.. now go knit me a sweater cupcake - its cold out there..

you know i just like giving you shit gasman... just making sure you get your money's worth for asking me to coming over to this board.. i wouldn't want you to feel slighted..

the choppers look badass and i am sure you have spent some serious time and money on them.. if that turns your crank, floats your boat and you are having a good time then great.. life is short.. enjoy the fuck out of it and piss off as many motherfuckers as you can.. i am sure everytime you fire one of those up you piss off at least 20-30 neighbors.. keep up the good work fuckstick.. one day i will have to check them out.. missed you on the last ride.. i definitely like to check them out because i certainly won't even own a showpiece bike myself.. if i clean my bike twice a year that's alot.. i would rather ride it..

Gas Man
03-18-2008, 12:18 AM
I hear ya Mud... just have to adjust my "Mud Dar" to your fuckface attitude. For that matter i guess I need to increase the cursing and attitude more when typin atchya. Will adjust accordingly.

I have missed you both times. It was no wonder why it didn't smell like a fudge packing plant when I was riding with wos... knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it till now. Thanks for the enlightment. :lol:

Seriously though, Mud... you need to come out next time I roll the chrome butt jewerly weight out to a WOS ride. Haven't saw you in like forever.

I didn't bring over the rest of the thread cause it was just too much....

DLIT
03-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Did you just refer to your bike as chrome butt jewlery? Mad retard strength.

Gas Man
03-18-2008, 01:03 AM
its a inside joke...

Twisty use to call chopper butt jewerly... and many joke about the weight... combined... you get it...

Mudpuppy
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
lol.. only reason was you didn't put your finger on it you stuck your finger up in it before the ride - your ass that is.. maybe you were looking for a stray gerbil or maybe you just wanted to loosen things up a bit before a ride on the vibrating chopper.. :pat:

well for sure this year there should be plenty of chances.. you should come out 04/20/08 for the charity ride.. there will be all kinds of choppers there that day.. and all kinds of sportbikes, etc. it is a nationwide event and the people setting it up are going for a record ride.. other than that though we will be riding alot more this year.. so get your working, sewing, knitting, muffin making, etc. done now and get out and ride this summer with us..

Gas Man
03-20-2008, 02:55 PM
What is this charity ride?

Mudpuppy
03-21-2008, 01:08 AM
What is this charity ride?

It is to support the troops and to stop child abuse - two great causes. It is on 04/20/08. Still working on some of the details but meeting at 1pm at the t-shirt shop in Hell - the dam dam just doesn't have enough parking.. you should ride with us for sure..

Gas Man
03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I might be able to... I'm on midnights that weekend... so I could swing maybe swing it.

You should post up a seperate thread on it

Mudpuppy
03-22-2008, 12:41 AM
i thought there was a thread for it but i am not setting it up just participating..

so is the phoenix project for your wife or a second bike for you? maybe i missed that or maybe you didn't say...

Cutty72
03-22-2008, 10:48 AM
i thought there was a thread for it but i am not setting it up just participating..

so is the phoenix project for your wife or a second bike for you? maybe i missed that or maybe you didn't say...

He just redid a bunch of shit on his big dog.

Gas Man
03-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah... MP... go back and look at the vids...

Mudpuppy
03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
i started to watch them but i wasn't going to dedicate 15 minutes of my life to it.. would have been one thing if i was there to help but to watch a video about it just didn't enthuse me.. so what is the story of the big dog phoenix? i thought i saw 2 bikes there?

Gas Man
03-26-2008, 12:38 AM
There are always at least 2 bikes in my garage... mine and the wife's. Then who ever's bike I'm working on... this week its the neighbors Honda Shadow Sabre... doing new floor boards, pipes, jet kit, diff oil, engine oil and pulling the front forks for fork oil.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Ontheground012a.jpg

And I don't expect everybody here to enjoy the vids or anything I say about my style bikes... but as always I'm here to help and share. Its 2 wheeled adventures!!

Mr Lefty
03-26-2008, 02:50 AM
I for one enjoy your threads... you've given me much more respect for the choppers... still not gonna run and buy one... but still cool in their own right

Dnyce
03-26-2008, 11:39 PM
and most chopper owners work on there own bikes because they have to.. all that shit rattles off constantly....

thats fuckin funny lol

that shit came out sweet tho gman. werd up.:dthumb:

Gas Man
03-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks ebbs... and I understand that POV. Its cool man... I'll ride with ya either way!

Mr Lefty
03-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Thanks ebbs... and I understand that POV. Its cool man... I'll ride with ya either way!

Should get the chance in September!:rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
03-27-2008, 05:27 PM

i will ride you like the bitch you are whenever i can cuz i know you like it.. bend over and take it..

p.s. can i come over and work on my bike in your sweet garage? :sorry:

lol..

Mr Lefty
03-27-2008, 06:02 PM
i will ride you like the bitch you are whenever i can cuz i know you like it.. bend over and take it..

lol..

:lol:

Gas Man
03-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Should get the chance in September!:rockwoot:

:rockout::dthumb:

lol..

Sweet and yes. The lift hasn't saw a sportbike yet... it needs some plastic expierence!

Captain Morgan
03-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice!! Sounds great. I like cruisers and sportbikes. Each has it's purpose and I would own and ride both.

Gas Man
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks Capt.

hoping to get some milage on it this weekend.

Cutty72

Sweet and yes. The lift hasn't saw a sportbike yet... it needs some plastic expierence!

How bout a Buell...
Though I doubt I would go to MI to get work done on it... no offense.

Gas Man
I will work on anything... I don't care...

Cutty72
03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I will work on anything... I don't care...

I'm watching the Buell form intensly for the coming of different exhausts for it...
And I will keep that in mind, if I'm ever in MI, I'll hit you up, for a beer if nothing else.

Gas Man
03-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Good deal.. do it up!!

Bassplayer
03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Good deal.. do it up!!

Gas Man! That bike sounds freakin sweet! amazing job! wish i could see it in person... (had to wipe the drool off my desk) :drool::dthumb::dthumb::dthumb:

Mudpuppy
03-27-2008, 10:56 PM

well i got the sprockets and chain done tonight despite the 10' of snow we got.. trailered the bike over to cale's and it took about an hour or so.. everything went smooth.. i will definitely be over for some future work.. i want to do a steering dampner - ever do one of those? i also wouldn't mind changing out the clutch cable and adjusting the throttle as it is a little sticky.. changed the fork fluid a couple of years ago not sure how often that should be done.. probably about high time to bleed the brakes and replace the fluid and i wouldn't mind when i did that to do the stainless steel brake lines.. probably be good too to take the tank off and pour some seafoam right into the carbs while it is running.. couldn't hurt.. air filter clean.. damn i have a long laundry list so its a good chance i will hit you up, bring over some homebrew and jerky and we can make good use of that lift and sweet garage.. sorry you offered yet?

ceo012384
03-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Again, GM, you put a lot of fucking work into that thing, and it really looks awesome. I am not a cruiser guy myself, but I sure as hell appreciate the elbow grease, method, attention to detail, and a job well done. :cheers:

Gas Man
03-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Gas Man! That bike sounds freakin sweet! amazing job! wish i could see it in person... (had to wipe the drool off my desk) :drool::dthumb::dthumb::dthumb:

Thanks!:rockwoot:

well i got the sprockets and chain done tonight despite the 10' of snow we got.. trailered the bike over to cale's and it took about an hour or so.. everything went smooth.. i will definitely be over for some future work.. i want to do a steering dampner - ever do one of those? i also wouldn't mind changing out the clutch cable and adjusting the throttle as it is a little sticky.. changed the fork fluid a couple of years ago not sure how often that should be done.. probably about high time to bleed the brakes and replace the fluid and i wouldn't mind when i did that to do the stainless steel brake lines.. probably be good too to take the tank off and pour some seafoam right into the carbs while it is running.. couldn't hurt.. air filter clean.. damn i have a long laundry list so its a good chance i will hit you up, bring over some homebrew and jerky and we can make good use of that lift and sweet garage.. sorry you offered yet?

steering dampner... stupid easy!

We can do all of that... easy... if you see my lift thread... i just did fork oil on a honda cruiser... no difference on a sportbike.

Seafoam... got some in the garage... always.

cables... part of a normal service IMO

Everybody that knows me... knows I always offer to help. As one of my chopper buddies expierenced this last week... its first come first serve. He was impatient on waiting for me to free up, tried to install some shit himself and f'ed up a bunch of shit... now I have to fix that crap too. oh well...

Again, GM, you put a lot of fucking work into that thing, and it really looks awesome. I am not a cruiser guy myself, but I sure as hell appreciate the elbow grease, method, attention to detail, and a job well done. :cheers:

Thanks... can't ask for much more on a sportbike site!! :dthumb:

Mudpuppy
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
yeah i want to go through the bike a little bit this year.. its running good enough just want to take care of the clutch and throttle - both kind of important.. clutch is probably alright but i don't want to guess.. already did the brake pads and the rotors are good for another 100,000 miles as they hardly ever wear out on a bike.. just want to get the stainless lines for the consistency.. the rubber varies too much..

dReWpY
04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
im down for the 4/20 ride, details mofo

Gas Man
04-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Well I took the bike out for a 35 mile shake down Monday. With the new igntion, air cleaner setup, and pipes... it ws pullin like mad!!! Clear thru the yellow... pullin like a mad man!!!

Went over it today and tighten up everything... found a few things loose.

Cutty72
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Well I took the bike out for a 35 mile shake down Monday. With the new igntion, air cleaner setup, and pipes... it ws pullin like mad!!! Clear thru the yellow... pullin like a mad man!!!

Went over it today and tighten up everything... found a few things loose.

Of course... it's a chopper :lol:

And you were riding it :lol: :nana2:

Mudpuppy
04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
that's a statement you don't hear too often - loose parts on a chopper.. lol.. just starting the fucking thing will loosen every bolt.. surprised you didn't shake anything off on the shakedown run..

Cutty72
04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
that's a statement you don't hear too often - loose parts on a chopper.. lol.. just starting the fucking thing will loosen every bolt.. surprised you didn't shake anything off on the shakedown run..

Shoulda called it a shake apart run :lol:

Gas Man
04-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Shit I almost did Mud... after talking to a buddy with the same top motor mount (one of my new things)... it got red loctite on it... that bitch ain't coming loose again!!

So I pulled the tank and found another set of the special connectors had gone wrong... not sure what's up with that... installer error? The neighbor, Mr Sgt, said he thinks they must be prototype crap.. or somin like that.

Either way... got some different spade connectors on there and it works again...

Mudpuppy
04-05-2008, 11:30 PM
ok so i may not understand your chopper addiction and i may sometimes make fun of you for my own amusement but let me just say Gasman - live the fucking dream pal. when you commit to something you fucking go big. you are a true american hero. we are going to ride and hang out this year. its been far too long.

Gas Man
04-06-2008, 12:39 AM
AMEN Mud on all counts!! I usually go in full steam... that's the way I roll. Sence the chop has been done... I have been getting into firearms now. Had my CCW class today... it was really good and great info. Got my fingerprints, and passport photo Sun, then roll out to the Sherriff road patrol to file and pay out another $105.

Anyway... amen on getting together... I'll follow so you don't have to listen as much... but TRUST me... you'll hear me so much now that you won't even hear your bike running!! :lol: