PDA

View Full Version : Michelin lovers,have you seen this?

Amber Lamps
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
STT have some awesome deals on Michelin race tires and decent deals on street tires. Keep in mind that the first race tire deal is for FOUR tires,1 front and 3 rear!!! I'd almost run them on the street for that price!

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/shop/index.html

ZUKIMON
02-22-2009, 01:41 AM
I've been told in the past to never run race tires on the street. They said that the compound in the tire was so that it couldn't get hot on the street like it could on the track and therefore they would never get "sticky." :idk:

Mikey
02-22-2009, 05:16 AM
No Pilot Road 2CT. Too bad, really. I've been running those for about five months now and they're the best street tires I've ever run, bar none. They still look (and perform) like they're new after about 5000 miles and have way more performance capabilities than I ever thought possible from a sport touring tire.

As a matter of fact, I just did a track day (with Keith Code) on them today and had no complaints whatsoever. That means a lot because my bike is old and heavy, makes stupid torque, has worn-out suspension, and I beat the shit out of it. For my mix of daily riding/ canyon runs/ occasional track days, there's nothing better. :rockout:

Cutty72
02-22-2009, 12:55 PM
No Pilot Road 2CT. Too bad, really. I've been running those for about five months now and they're the best street tires I've ever run, bar none. They still look (and perform) like they're new after about 5000 miles and have way more performance capabilities than I ever thought possible from a sport touring tire.

As a matter of fact, I just did a track day (with Keith Code) on them today and had no complaints whatsoever. That means a lot because my bike is old and heavy, makes stupid torque, has worn-out suspension, and I beat the shit out of it. For my mix of daily riding/ canyon runs/ occasional track days, there's nothing better. :rockout:

That's great to hear. that was another option for me on my Buell... especially if i start commuting long distances on it.

shmike
02-22-2009, 06:12 PM
STT have some awesome deals on Michelin race tires and decent deals on street tires. Keep in mind that the first race tire deal is for FOUR tires,1 front and 3 rear!!! I'd almost run them on the street for that price!

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/shop/index.html

I switched from Michelin to Dunlop this past year but for those prices, I may have to switch back!

Thanks for the heads-up. :dthumb:

PhiSig1071
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
That's a good price on the new michelin race tires, I've been wanting to try a set.

deals gap dragon slayer
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
the reason for not runn0ing race tires on the street is more so because of the heat cycles... race tires are only designed to heat up and cool off so many times before they lose their ability to grip... riding on the street would cause them to endure many heat cycles quickly so they wont grip nearly as well as they should... I'd personally stick to the track with a set of tire warmers to keep them up to temp when i'm not riding

deals gap dragon slayer
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
HOLY CRAP... just looked at STT... what a deal! $415 for a 120/70 and 3 190/55 tires..> WOW... just WOW

Amber Lamps
03-02-2009, 07:30 PM
HOLY CRAP... just looked at STT... what a deal! $415 for a 120/70 and 3 190/55 tires..> WOW... just WOW

See! You spouted off before reading the ad!:whistle: Seriously tho',I've never liked track tires on the street,whether they are new or "take-offs". They never reach their correct operating temperature thus never give "maximum" grip. On the other hand if you consider that these are med-soft tires they are probably "grippier" cold than most street tires are hot. My biggest concern would be longevity and the tendency to cup,flat spot AND get flats because the carcass is typically not as "tough" as street tires....of course at these insane prices....:idk: I posted this for our track lovers,just in case they were unaware but I can't say that I'm not tempted myself...$415 :drool: