PDA

View Full Version : TWO Lodge for the rally, got email!

ericr
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
New thread to avoid the clutter...

I got an email from them today. The lodge is available for our weekend and is $250 a night for the whole upstairs and $290 a night to add the bottom room so esentially the whole thing for $290.

Trip had mentioned he was willing to reserve 2 of the rooms and Rogue was willing to put the other 2 on her card before if we need reservation deposits.

So I guess we need to firm it up. He mentioned there were other requests for the same weekend and I know Trip was one of them and I think Rogue might have emailed them too since she doesn't think us men can handle that part by ourselves :D But it could be some other interests so we need to jump if we want to get the whole thing I guess.

Thoughts aside from getting a pole installed in the downstairs while we're there?

Trip
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I definitely want at least one room, I already have enough people to fill one. Might as well get the whole place. I am going to need my room either probably from thursday on. I need to talk to them.

tommymac
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I can paypal my contribution if need be. I just want a bed to myself :dthumb:

Tom

ericr
02-25-2009, 07:52 PM
He didn't specify what was needed for a deposit so I just replied asking for that info. I'll post when i hear back on that.

I know I had a room full also so that's 2 rooms.

rogue
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I call dibbs on the hide a bed couch! :D :D :D

rogue
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Thoughts aside from getting a pole installed in the downstairs while we're there?

Wait! I just now saw this! Who's dancing? Derf? :D :D

I GOTS DOLLAS!!!! :D :D :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

derf
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I call dibbs on the hide a bed couch! :D :D :D

I got dibs on Rogue, and I gots me a dolla too!!!

I'd be willing to put a night on my card if folks pay me back at the rally.

rogue
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm willing to put a night or two on my card for reservations, although I'm not sure how that's going to work out when we all get ready to pay. :scratch: Eric, you may need to ask him that too. I'm sure he's had plenty of experience with several groups before.

Oh shit...that didn't sound right. :lmao:

Sixxxxer
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Im in, where do I sign up????????

rogue
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Im in, where do I sign up????????

Awesome! You're coming too! :dthumb:

:D :D

Sixxxxer
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Duh....Do I sign on your titties?

Please??!!

rogue
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Duh....Do I sign on your titties?

Please??!!

You're funny. :p If I let you do it, then alot of others will want to too. I don't have big enough boobs to for everyone to sign. :lol:

derf
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
You're funny. :p If I let you do it, then alot of others will want to too. I don't have big enough boobs to for everyone to sign. :lol:

No but it could be fun trying

ericr
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Already heard from GT...

Eric,
We'll need a credit card # to hold. No charge is made to the card unless you don't show up.
The best way to handle it is to have one person to cover the just lodging amount and have the forum members pay him.
You'll have to add 7% tax to the total amount.
Thanks again!

GT

So if one brave person will put their card up for ransom, we can reserve teh whole thing. I can give them my card and then if no one shows and they try to charge it, it will be over the limit and won't go through :P

rogue
02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Already heard from GT...

Eric,
We'll need a credit card # to hold. No charge is made to the card unless you don't show up.
The best way to handle it is to have one person to cover the just lodging amount and have the forum members pay him.
You'll have to add 7% tax to the total amount.
Thanks again!

GT

So if one brave person will put their card up for ransom, we can reserve teh whole thing. I can give them my card and then if no one shows and they try to charge it, it will be over the limit and won't go through :P

Neither will mine. :p We can place the reservation on mine, but I won't be able to put the total bill on it.

Which means, we need to finalize how many days we need to reserve. I know some of us have been talking about getting there Thursday and maybe staying until Monday. That would be 4 nights. If 15 of us go (and I think we'll make that) four nights will roughly be $80 per person. The only other option I can think of offhand is only reserve Friday and Saturday nights and for those of us who'll be riding there a day early (who the hell wants to ride 12 plus hours and be exhausted when we finally meet up? It'll be like "hi I'm Rogue...where's my bed. I'm tired! :lol: ) or staying a day later can fiend for ourselves the additional nights.

If anyone else has other ideas, post'em up! :D

I have made a list of those who say they will be or most likely will be attending. I thought maybe a more definite count is needed now.

Please let me know if I need to add or take your name off the current list.

Thanks! :)

Rogue
Ericr
Redd
Derf
Tommy
Trip
Amorok
Ebbs
Chi & S/O
Tigger
Sixxxer
Phenix Rider

Phenix_Rider
02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
If anyone else has other ideas, post'em up! :D

I have made a list of those who say they will be or most likely will be attending. I thought maybe a more definite count is needed now.

Please let me know if I need to add or take your name off the current list.

Thanks! :)

Rogue
Ericr
Redd
Derf
Tommy
Trip
Amorok
Ebbs
Chi & S/O
Tigger
Sixxxer

Hey, don't forget me. I'll just bring a sleeping bag and grab a spot on the floor if need be. If we get the whole place, there will be plenty of flat space for people to sprawl.

Is there a TWFix paypal account? Everyone that's going could put in rent, plus a little extra for whatever.

Sixxxxer
02-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I just wanna see boobies

rogue
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey, don't forget me. I'll just bring a sleeping bag and grab a spot on the floor if need be. If we get the whole place, there will be plenty of flat space for people to sprawl.

Is there a TWFix paypal account? Everyone that's going could put in rent, plus a little extra for whatever.

Gotcha! :dthumb:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't need anything but a spot on the floor with a blanket.

Amber Lamps
02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Fuck,$80? I'm in. Eric,check if you can put the lodge on your cc number to hold it BUT will they take multiple payments to cover the bill? Or I trust Trip,maybe he would be willing to take paypal payments from us and pay the bill? Heck,you could use a "refillable" visa card if you wanted. Regardless,tell me the amount and where to send it and a paypal payment will be made or a check will be in the mail! All I ask is a bed to sleep in! Woohoo! Finally, progress has been made!

BTW Trip,I have a rebate visa card with a few bucks on it. If they are not going to charge anything to it,it should work to hold the lodge if you are afraid to use your own card. Pm sent.

rogue
02-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Fuck,$80? I'm in. Eric,check if you can put the lodge on your cc number to hold it BUT will they take multiple payments to cover the bill? Or I trust Trip,maybe he would be willing to take paypal payments from us and pay the bill? Heck,you could use a "refillable" visa card if you wanted. Regardless,tell me the amount and where to send it and a paypal payment will be made or a check will be in the mail! All I ask is a bed to sleep in! Woohoo! Finally, progress has been made!

BTW Trip,I have a rebate visa card with a few bucks on it. If they are not going to charge anything to it,it should work to hold the lodge if you are afraid to use your own card. Pm sent.

I thought you had already said you're in? Oh wait... :p

Seriously, I already had your name on the list. Glad to have it confirmed. :)

ericr
02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Reserving the room shouldn't be a problem but until I hear different from GT I don't think he'll want to take 15-20 payments to cover it.

We might get away with 3 or 4, maybe one for each "room" but.... I would suggest that everyone bring cash to cover the room and we can all pay our own share with no hassles. And I didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night either ;)

Trip
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
The best way to probably go about this is to have 4 different individuals take control of the 4 different rooms and collect the money from the individuals that are designated for that room.

We also need to get rooms based on time period there. We don't need someone who is only going to be there friday to sunday to get the room under their name if thats a room we are going to need wednesday - sunday. We may not need all 4 rooms that whole time, we may want to slowly increase rooms based on arrival times.

Amber Lamps
02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
The best way to probably go about this is to have 4 different individuals take control of the 4 different rooms and collect the money from the individuals that are designated for that room.

We also need to get rooms based on time period there. We don't need someone who is only going to be there friday to sunday to get the room under their name if thats a room we are going to need wednesday - sunday. We may not need all 4 rooms that whole time, we may want to slowly increase rooms based on arrival times.

I hear ya but I personally think we should get all of the rooms for the whole four days. Things can change at a moments notice and you might think you can't make it Thursday but at the last minute you can,etc. I'm quite willing to put up $100 to your paypal account right now to lock in Thurs - Mon regardless if I'm sure if I can make it all four days or not.

rogue
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I hear ya but I personally think we should get all of the rooms for the whole four days. Things can change at a moments notice and you might think you can't make it Thursday but at the last minute you can,etc. I'm quite willing to put up $100 to your paypal account right now to lock in Thurs - Mon regardless if I'm sure if I can make it all four days or not.

I'm pretty much in agreement. So far everyone is saying they want to stay 4 nights. Even if I have to leave early or even make it there Friday instead of Thursday, I'm still willing to pay for the four days....

Trip
02-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I am wanting to see who is going to come. I am considering crashing at dgmr may 6 if anyone wants in on that.

Amber Lamps
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I am wanting to see who is going to come. I am considering crashing at dgmr may 6 if anyone wants in on that.

Ummm... what is dgmr? It sounds familiar but....

Trip
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Deals gap motorcycle resort

Mr Lefty
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM

well if I can get the time off... I'll be there...

ericr
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
well if I can get the time off... I'll be there...

We'll call your CO for you ebbs :dthumb: :lol:

Mr Lefty
02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
:lol: don't think that'd work like it did for kat

ericr
02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
It's the thought that counts, right? :lol: I can see if one of the General's from Dobbins will call him if you want ;) My old General would've :lol:

Mr Lefty
02-25-2009, 11:17 PM
:lol: I may not even need the help... I just haven't signed in to base yet... so haven't asked

derf
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Ebbs, I am able to cut orders for you to be at suches that weekend...

Mr Lefty
02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Ebbs, I am able to cut orders for you to be at suches that weekend...

:lol: let me ask first... :wink: we'll go from there

derf
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Just saying RLAS or DTS, take your pick....

Amorok
02-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Alright, I'll be there, I'm getting there the same time as all the others, the 7th, so put me down for the whole time. I can bring an air mattress but I really don't want to, so a cot or something would kick ass. And we should definitely rent the whole place, I don't want strangers running wround. After all, how am I supposed to tell which weird stranger is one of us?

Ebbs, call me. We'll get your shit straightened out.

Let me know how much my part of the room will be and I'll bring cash.

rogue
02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Alright, I'll be there, I'm getting there the same time as all the others, the 7th, so put me down for the whole time. I can bring an air mattress but I really don't want to, so a cot or something would kick ass. And we should definitely rent the whole place, I don't want strangers running wround. After all, how am I supposed to tell which weird stranger is one of us?

Ebbs, call me. We'll get your shit straightened out.

Let me know how much my part of the room will be and I'll bring cash.

If you include the couches (most of which make into sleepers) 16 can sleep in the lodge. So far I have 14 people marked. Most are definitely coming. There's a couple questionable. Remember my original quotes for stay is based on 15 people staying four nights....

the chi
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Okay let me clarify for myself...correct me if Im wrong.

We are looking to reserve the place from Thursday, 5/7-Sunday, 5/10?

There are 4 rooms total? Which means we'll all be up close and personal?

And its $80 per person for the whole stay?

And do we have our choice of roomies?

No offense to the new people, but I prefer to room with the assholes I already know and adore, and who I can deal with first thing in the morning!

Trip
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM

No offense to the new people, but I prefer to room with the assholes I already know and adore, and who I can deal with first thing in the morning!

It's also a campsite. You can pop a tent for cheaper. There is no bathrooms in the rooms either, everyone shares the campsite bathroom.

the chi
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
It's also a campsite. You can pop a tent for cheaper. There is no bathrooms in the rooms either, everyone shares the campsite bathroom.

Have you forgotten who I am? :skep:

I'm old, my knees hurt, my back will hurt and I MUST SHOWER before I am anything more than a hag in the morning...if Im camping to camp, fine. If Im doing other things, no way in hell!

Sixxxxer
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM

I feel the Love :panic:

I understand...I keep to myself though and I can get ready in like 5 mins Flat...So where I stay is not an issue for me, Fuck I'll sleep on my bike.

the chi
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I feel the Love :panic:

I understand...I keep to myself though and I can get ready in like 5 mins Flat...So where I stay is not an issue for me, Fuck I'll sleep on my bike.

:lol: You are almost considered old crew dork, even tho I havent met ya yet...but unlike those "morning" type people (like TRIP), Im not even human until I get a shower and get my powdered donuts. Yes, powdered donuts. Its my thing. I HATE mornings, and unless I am feeling particularly chipper, I dont even really speak before 9 or 10. Getting me outta bed is even more fun. :whistle:

Sixxxxer
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Well sounds like me and you will get along fine...I say Fuck Mornings and LOVE my sleep.

But when it comes to riding Im all giddy and shit and I wake up and am energetic b/c Im excited for the day ahead of me.

Cant wait to meet all of ya!

Riceaholic
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm still in. I'll stay wherever but I warn you. My nose has been broken a few times and I snore really bad...:whistle:

rogue
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Well sounds like me and you will get along fine...I say Fuck Mornings and LOVE my sleep.

But when it comes to riding Im all giddy and shit and I wake up and am energetic b/c Im excited for the day ahead of me.

Cant wait to meet all of ya!

:lol: I'm the same way. I'm am typically NOT a morning person. But I've been known to wake up before dawn hyper as hell and bouncing off the walls to go ride. :lol:

The only issue I can see is bathroom priviledges. But TWO also has camp shower facilities and bathrooms. I just hope they aren't too far from the lodge. :panic: :lol:

I'm still in. I'll stay wherever but I warn you. My nose has been broken a few times and I snore really bad...:whistle:

I have ways of fixing that. If I don't, I'm sure Tommy knows something.... :devil:

rogue
02-26-2009, 12:36 PM

The $80 is a quick estimate given provided 15 people stay 4 days. Depending upon how many stay and the length of their stay, it can be a little more. I'm hoping to be able to have a more completed list by Monday and will be able to give a better estimate of total lodging cost.

Trip
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
:lol: You are almost considered old crew dork, even tho I havent met ya yet...but unlike those "morning" type people (like TRIP), Im not even human until I get a shower and get my powdered donuts. Yes, powdered donuts. Its my thing. I HATE mornings, and unless I am feeling particularly chipper, I dont even really speak before 9 or 10. Getting me outta bed is even more fun. :whistle:

I'm only a morning person when I am doing something I want to do. I am not a morning person for work.

I originally had you/tigger/ebbs if I get a 4 bed room in my list that's if your guy doesn't come, never thought about that. I don't know if ebbs planned to stay elsewhere though so that list isn't complete. This is going to be a lot to work out who is staying where. I don't really care as long as I got a bed. We need to probably start deciding that so there is no fighting and those that need to bring tents/sleeping bags/air mattresses will know in advance.

rogue
02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm working on that. So far I have 9 people with check-in/out dates. There's 3 who haven't given dates yet and two more who are willing to bring tents and camp if necessary.

MFFJM2
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I'll be arriving mid-day on the 8th and leaving on the 11th, but I'm considering renting the furnished mobile home at $85/night. I'd have spent that much on a room at the Holiday Inn.

the chi
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm only a morning person when I am doing something I want to do. I am not a morning person for work.

I originally had you/tigger/ebbs if I get a 4 bed room in my list that's if your guy doesn't come, never thought about that. I don't know if ebbs planned to stay elsewhere though so that list isn't complete. This is going to be a lot to work out who is staying where. I don't really care as long as I got a bed. We need to probably start deciding that so there is no fighting and those that need to bring tents/sleeping bags/air mattresses will know in advance.

That sounds like a perfect room setup to me, except for tigger. :lol: j/k
Count me in, S/o or not!

Mr Lefty
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM

:lol: I'm so gonna wake you up with cold water :D

If I go... i'm staying with you guys... if we run a bed short I can sleep on the floor... I'm cool with that.

rogue
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll be arriving mid-day on the 8th and leaving on the 11th, but I'm considering renting the furnished mobile home at $85/night. I'd have spent that much on a room at the Holiday Inn.

Woot! It will be nice to meet your bike! And you too! :lol:

Do you want me to put you down as a consideration for the lodge if we have available beds and just let you know when I get a final count? Or is staying in one of the mobile home more of a definite for you?

MFFJM2
02-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks, I think. If I can't get the furnished mobile home, I'll get a hotel room nearby, like maybe the Holiday Inn.

rogue
02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks, I think. If I can't get the furnished mobile home, I'll get a hotel room nearby, like maybe the Holiday Inn.

I've been drooling over your bike. :lol: Too bad I'm too short to ride a 'busa without doing some serious lowering. Wait...it may be a good thing I can't. :lol:

Gotcha. You're put down to attend. :dthumb: May I suggest calling TWO & reserving the MH. Once we get more definites, you might be able to get a discount being with a group. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

the chi
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
I've been drooling over your bike. :lol: Too bad I'm too short to ride a 'busa without doing some serious lowering. Wait...it may be a good thing I can't. :lol:

Gotcha. You're put down to attend. :dthumb: May I suggest calling TWO & reserving the MH. Once we get more definites, you might be able to get a discount being with a group. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

Not true!! Enough confidence and you can ride anything girl!! *within reason* :lol:

ericr
02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Not true!! Enough confidence and you can ride anything girl!! *within reason* :lol:

Oh, she could ride it. She just can't stop without falling over unless she has a milk crate waiting there :lol:

rogue
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Oh, she could ride it. She just can't stop without falling over unless she has a milk crate waiting there :lol:

No shit. It's not like riding the KX125 at stock height (36") It was light enough I could roll it to a tree stump, drag a milk crate over to it...something! :lmao: And although it took a wee bit of cordination to get off the bike without it crashing down on top of me. I could do that too. It was kickstarting it that gave me so much hell. :lol:

I'd have to do some serious lowering to it. I'm not too fond of lowering my bikes. I refuse to use a handicap because I'm short. :lol:

the chi
02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
No shit. It's not like riding the KX125 at stock height (36") It was light enough I could roll it to a tree stump, drag a milk crate over to it...something! :lmao: And although it took a wee bit of cordination to get off the bike without it crashing down on top of me. I could do that too. It was kickstarting it that gave me so much hell. :lol:

I'd have to do some serious lowering to it. I'm not too fond of lowering my bikes. I refuse to use a handicap because I'm short. :lol:

As long as your knees dont buckle under the weight, you're golden! Promise.

I have ridden a Busa, that thing as a bitch at a standstill, but moving was like riding on air! Most comfy sport bike Ive ridden so far. Id not want one for "fun" trips like to the dragon as its just too damn big for me to comfortably throw around but for a commuter or tourer, HELL YEAH! Altho people did tease me about it, something like looking like a lil bird perched on the seat...:lol:

Im with ya on the lowering thing, no way in hell!

rogue
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
As long as your knees dont buckle under the weight, you're golden! Promise.

I have ridden a Busa, that thing as a bitch at a standstill, but moving was like riding on air! Most comfy sport bike Ive ridden so far. Id not want one for "fun" trips like to the dragon as its just too damn big for me to comfortably throw around but for a commuter or tourer, HELL YEAH! Altho people did tease me about it, something like looking like a lil bird perched on the seat...:lol:

Im with ya on the lowering thing, no way in hell!

You're about my height and did well on it? What's your inseam? Now you do have me wondering if I can actually handle one! :lol:

Bird perched on a seat? That's better than being called a midget. :lol: I get laughed at when I stop because alot of times I only put my left foot down, which makes the bike appear to be sitting on the kickstand. :lol: There there's the backing up issue. I can only do it by pushing it from the side. That always gets a laugh too. :lol: I don't care. Like I told my old riding friend, "At least I ride, Beyotch!" :lol:

the chi
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
You're about my height and did well on it? What's your inseam? Now you do have me wondering if I can actually handle one! :lol:

Bird perched on a seat? That's better than being called a midget. :lol: I get laughed at when I stop because alot of times I only put my left foot down, which makes the bike appear to be sitting on the kickstand. :lol: There there's the backing up issue. I can only do it by pushing it from the side. That always gets a laugh too. :lol: I don't care. Like I told my old riding friend, "At least I ride, Beyotch!" :lol:

I do have a considerable inseam for my height, im freakishly unproportioned. :lol: I think Im a 31 inch inseam, but i typically go with 32 for comfort. I get called midget too, have you talked to Ebbs yet?

On the busa I could comfortably get one foot down firmly, as it sat lower than my bike (perhaps the weight?) but the wider seat made it difficult to get both down. However on my GSXR i can almost completely flat foot without heels and on my old RR i could tippy toe both feet in heels.

As far as moving bikes, the heavier bikes, like the busa I was more comfortable sitting on the seat and tippy toeing backwards, whereas on my GSXR i can stand beside it. I dont have much upper body strength but I have enough in my lower body and legs to be more comfortable using my legs to hold and catch while sitting the bike.

I gotta mention tho, if the busa fell on me, Id have been screwed. No way in hell Id ever have been able to get her up, and my theory is if I cant get the bitch back up by myself, I dont need to be riding it!

rogue
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I do have a considerable inseam for my height, im freakishly unproportioned. :lol: I think Im a 31 inch inseam, but i typically go with 32 for comfort. I get called midget too, have you talked to Ebbs yet?

On the busa I could comfortably get one foot down firmly, as it sat lower than my bike (perhaps the weight?) but the wider seat made it difficult to get both down. However on my GSXR i can almost completely flat foot without heels and on my old RR i could tippy toe both feet in heels.

As far as moving bikes, the heavier bikes, like the busa I was more comfortable sitting on the seat and tippy toeing backwards, whereas on my GSXR i can stand beside it. I dont have much upper body strength but I have enough in my lower body and legs to be more comfortable using my legs to hold and catch while sitting the bike.

I gotta mention tho, if the busa fell on me, Id have been screwed. No way in hell Id ever have been able to get her up, and my theory is if I cant get the bitch back up by myself, I dont need to be riding it!

Ahh...there's the difference! My inseam is only 27" on a good day. My problem with the 'busa that I sat on is I couldn't pick it up of the stand. The seat's wide so that didn't help with being able to get feet down. So when I went to push up, I didn't have enough leverage...or bend in my leg....to push that amount of weight up. Like you, I don't have much upper body stength and depend on the strength in my legs to hold the bike. So when I'm standing beside mine pushing, my arms are doing nothing more than guiding and holding her up, my hip is against the side of the bike and I walk the bike. I keep my kickstand down too for that just in case I slip. Hopefully the stand will catch the bike before falling on me. Been there and done that. Not fun being trapped under a bike. :lol:

I can get more of my feet on the ground on a gixxer since they remodeled them in 05-06. It's funny how I can tell the slightest of difference in a bike by simply sitting on it. The seat, how it thows me up against the tank and how wide/narrow it is, has alot to do with how much I can actually touch.

the chi
02-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Ahh...there's the difference! My inseam is only 27" on a good day. My problem with the 'busa that I sat on is I couldn't pick it up of the stand. The seat's wide so that didn't help with being able to get feet down. So when I went to push up, I didn't have enough leverage...or bend in my leg....to push that amount of weight up. Like you, I don't have much upper body stength and depend on the strength in my legs to hold the bike. So when I'm standing beside mine pushing, my arms are doing nothing more than guiding and holding her up, my hip is against the side of the bike and I walk the bike. I keep my kickstand down too for that just in case I slip. Hopefully the stand will catch the bike before falling on me. Been there and done that. Not fun being trapped under a bike. :lol:

I can get more of my feet on the ground on a gixxer since they remodeled them in 05-06. It's funny how I can tell the slightest of difference in a bike by simply sitting on it. The seat, how it thows me up against the tank and how wide/narrow it is, has alot to do with how much I can actually touch.

The latest model hondas are very good for smaller people too, they really narrowed the seat and put you more on the tank. Still uncomfortable as hell, like sitting on a 2x4, but more short people friendly.

Kawis did the same but they still = teh suck on seat width.

I had my honda fall on me once, trapped me, and I was stuck in my hedges in my front yard too. Funny now, but that was more than enough to teach me that I needed to be able to move my own shit. Bitch was HEAVY. I think it weighed in close to 4 times my body weight then but after I got loose I was so pissed I had no problems getting her up.

rogue
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
The latest model hondas are very good for smaller people too, they really narrowed the seat and put you more on the tank. Still uncomfortable as hell, like sitting on a 2x4, but more short people friendly.

Kawis did the same but they still = teh suck on seat width.

I had my honda fall on me once, trapped me, and I was stuck in my hedges in my front yard too. Funny now, but that was more than enough to teach me that I needed to be able to move my own shit. Bitch was HEAVY. I think it weighed in close to 4 times my body weight then but after I got loose I was so pissed I had no problems getting her up.

The very first day I had my SV she fell on me. My ex and I rode to the store (he was on his bike). I pulled up, kicked the kickstand down, and it sprang back up and I didn't realize it. I had gotten half off the bike when she and I both went down. So I was laying on the ground hollering "HELP!" to my ex with my helmet still on. Thank God there wasn't many people there. :lol:

I need to practice picking up my bike. I've seen the "how to" pics online of some chick with a heavy cruiser do it, but I've yet to try it. Oops. Plus I no longer have it bookmarked. :(

smileyman
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM

One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles:idk: I am glad about the low seat height though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!

the chi
02-26-2009, 05:35 PM
One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles:idk: I am glad about the low seat hieght though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!

:lol: Its wrong to laugh but I just have this mental image! Damn, now im impressed!

rogue
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles:idk: I am glad about the low seat height though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!

Smiley, are you coming to the rally? :D

smileyman
02-26-2009, 05:37 PM
No, but still pondering trying to intercept you and Amorok on your way up. I got way too many responsibilities to juggle :sorry:

rogue
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
No, but still pondering trying to intercept you and Amorok on your way up. I got way too many responsibilities to juggle :sorry:

Understandable. With me having no job as of yet (I'm optimistic! :D ) it's going to be hard for me, but I'm being threatened. So I'm going or else be strung behind someone's bike and dragged there. :lol:

Once I get settled in a new job, I'll have to make a trip up your way to meet up and ride. :D Exactly what part of NW Arkansas?

smileyman
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I am in Fayetteville. Middle NW part. Plenty of great roads to show any of ya's that can come by. I showed Ebbs some last year, what we could cover in one day. Since then I have found alot of really great new stuff and some roads in Missouri that are to die for! T-Rock and I have been threatening to hook up and ride soon.

So how the hell did you get jobless? I take it that "night moves" you put on your employer didn't go over well?

Mr Lefty
02-26-2009, 06:07 PM
why do I feel like my shoes are talking to each other... oh... hey Chi.. hey Rogue... :lol:

derf
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm still contemplating bringing my pop up camper instead of staying in the lodge. It has 2 queen beds a small kitchen heater and a small fridge

rogue
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
why do I feel like my shoes are talking to each other... oh... hey Chi.. hey Rogue... :lol:

redflip

rogue
02-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm still contemplating bringing my pop up camper instead of staying in the lodge. It has 2 queen beds a small kitchen heater and a small fridge

Unless you just want to be antisocial redflip your own breathing room and privacy, right now there's still plenty of room. The lodge has 12 beds and 4 couches that all pull out into a bed except one...and I'll take the love seat if necessary. So far only 10 people, including you, have said they're staying at the lodge. There's others attending but they're making other accommodations. :)

rogue
02-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I am in Fayetteville. Middle NW part. Plenty of great roads to show any of ya's that can come by. I showed Ebbs some last year, what we could cover in one day. Since then I have found alot of really great new stuff and some roads in Missouri that are to die for! T-Rock and I have been threatening to hook up and ride soon.

So how the hell did you get jobless? I take it that "night moves" you put on your employer didn't go over well?

I've been as far up as Hot Springs. Hwy 2 was a really nice road on the way up (once we got into Arkansas) and so was the road leading up Petit Jean Mountain! :D

As far as my job, I got shitcanned. I believe it was due to office politics. I find it strange that I never received not one verbal warning or a write up until a co-worker decided he wanted a supervisor position and I was apparently in his way. So I got wrote up 3 times in two weeks (two of which I honestly believe were bullshit write ups) and they told me "bye". Although I'm still not sure if I got fired or just laid off as the owner told me to come back in 90 days and talk to her. :idk: I still haven't received my termination slip so I'm not sure what's going on and I can't get in touch with anyone that knows anything. Either way, I'm jobless and looking.

Amorok
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm actually not worried about the lodge at all. Let's see, I'll be staying multiple dudes to a room and walking somewhere else for the latrine. It's just like a deployment, minus the suck!

Just let me know if I need to bring an air mattress. I don't want to because I really want to haul everything on my bike, but I don't actually need it if it comes down to it.

Someone mentioned snoring. I need to warn you guys that I'm not intensly pleasant to sleep with or near. Ulu can tell you, not only do I snore a lot apparently I'm...musical. If I bust ass I'm not only completely unapologetic, I'm still sophomoric enough to find it funny. So there, you've been warned.

tommymac
02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm actually not worried about the lodge at all. Let's see, I'll be staying multiple dudes to a room and walking somewhere else for the latrine. It's just like a deployment, minus the suck!

Just let me know if I need to bring an air mattress. I don't want to because I really want to haul everything on my bike, but I don't actually need it if it comes down to it.

Someone mentioned snoring. I need to warn you guys that I'm not intensly pleasant to sleep with or near. Ulu can tell you, not only do I snore a lot apparently I'm...musical. If I bust ass I'm not only completely unapologetic, I'm still sophomoric enough to find it funny. So there, you've been warned.

I snore as well and I have no desire to sleep with you :lol:

I do want to claim one bed for myself :)

Tom

smileyman
02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
I've been as far up as Hot Springs. Hwy 2 was a really nice road on the way up (once we got into Arkansas) and so was the road leading up Petit Jean Mountain! :D

As far as my job, I got shitcanned. I believe it was due to office politics. I find it strange that I never received not one verbal warning or a write up until a co-worker decided he wanted a supervisor position and I was apparently in his way. So I got wrote up 3 times in two weeks (two of which I honestly believe were bullshit write ups) and they told me "bye". Although I'm still not sure if I got fired or just laid off as the owner told me to come back in 90 days and talk to her. :idk: I still haven't received my termination slip so I'm not sure what's going on and I can't get in touch with anyone that knows anything. Either way, I'm jobless and looking.

Such Bullshit! I have seen 3 employees leave this week without any warning at all though...

Petti Jean is nice recently repaved and within my riding radius. There are lots of good places though. Hot Springs is cool and on the edge of my one day travel but Hwy 7 is worth it.

As for you guys and your snoring, if you can hear the guy beside you snoring you haven't drank enough!!!

ericr
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
As for you guys and your snoring, if you can hear the guy beside you snoring you haven't drank enough!!!

That's what earplugs are for too ;)

the chi
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
That's what earplugs are for too ;)

or pillows and bungee cords...:whistle:

Sixxxxer
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Or i could just Stuff my Face in some Boobies...and drown out the noise all together!

rogue
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Yep :whistle:

rogue
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Such Bullshit! I have seen 3 employees leave this week without any warning at all though...

Petti Jean is nice recently repaved and within my riding radius. There are lots of good places though. Hot Springs is cool and on the edge of my one day travel but Hwy 7 is worth it.

We stayed in Hot Springs, but our trip was to ride Petit Jean and hike. So it's been repaved? The road wasn't that bad when I went. :idk:

Rider
02-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I most definitely wont be at the rally this year. I just solidified my trip plans to Orlando during spring break.

ericr
02-27-2009, 09:10 PM

No, those are to tie you and Rogue up and keep you quiet with :whistle:

:lmao:

rogue
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Bungee cords are prolly better than braided rope. :panic:

Be careful that doesn't come back to bite you in the ass at the rally, Eric. :devil:

derf
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
ike if you bit him in the ass?

ericr
02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
ike if you bit him in the ass?

Yeah, I think she said she wants to bite my ass
:idk:
:whistle:
:drool:

derf
02-27-2009, 11:07 PM
shes gonna bite your ass hard

rogue
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
:angel:

derf
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Hey all, just to let you know that a sock on the door means leave me alone!!!

tommymac
02-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Dont worry I will bring some stuff from work to take care of them 2 troublemakers:whistle:

Tom

rogue
02-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Dont worry I will bring some stuff from work to take care of them 2 troublemakers:whistle:

Tom

Two can play at that game! :devil:

derf
02-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Cool so you guys are bringing the sex rope so I can leave mine at home.

tommymac
02-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Two can play at that game! :devil:

yes but you will loose

:overkill:

Tom

derf
02-28-2009, 07:29 AM
no, in the game of bondage everyones a winner

rogue
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
yes but you will loose

:overkill:

Tom

Keep thinking that... :whistle:

derf
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
http://twitpic.com/img/1rb24-4272db9236349d9586b5ec035c8dfe90.49a9ccad.jpg

Amorok
03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I carry 550 cord on the bike, along with duct tape.

derf
03-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey that works for me

Amorok
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I had the weirdest dream about the rally last night. It was incredibly bizarre. Wondering if it's a bad omen.

rogue
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Nah. I think it's just because you've been thinking about it alot.

Amorok
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I hope so, it was really weird. You were in it, but totally clothed. Not cool.

rogue
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
:lol:

I had a weird dream about the rally a few nights ago too. Tommy was trying to scare me with needles. I woke up thinking, "wtf was that about?" :lol:

Phenix_Rider
03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
I had the weirdest dream about the rally last night. It was incredibly bizarre. Wondering if it's a bad omen.

Nah- I'm sure plenty of bizarre stuff will happen anyway :dthumb:

tommymac
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM

we can def see to that :lol:

Tom

the chi
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM

If it doesnt, than it isnt a true TWFix gathering. No less than 2 people must walk way with injuries, bumps and bruises. And several others will suffer some type of emotional scarring.

bwahahahahahaha...

tommymac
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
If it doesnt, than it isnt a true TWFix gathering. No less than 2 people must walk way with injuries, bumps and bruises. And several others will suffer some type of emotional scarring.

bwahahahahahaha...

Derfs bringing a ball gag so I am sure some deep emotional scars will occur after that weekend :lol:

Tom

the chi
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
That settles it, I'm bringing my knives. And a gun. Again.

rogue
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Again? Damn. :lol:

Mr Lefty
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM

and how did those work out for you at the last rally's and indy? :lol:

Amorok
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM

Mine are bigger.

the chi
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Mine are bigger.

you think?! I have aspirations to be the next lara croft. Big guns and bigger knives...:lol:

Amorok
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
You laugh, but in the movie Tomb Raider Angelina Jolie carried two HK USP compacts in 40S&W. I have an HK USP .45 fullsize. And my knives are bigger, end of story.

Trip
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
you think?! I have aspirations to be the next lara croft. Big guns and bigger knives...:lol:

Croft never really uses big guns, or knives and you are too short to make some of those jumps and cliffs you have to be able to reach in the game. :lol: You would be no fun trying to play tomb raider as the char. Unless you are talking about the stupid fucking Angelina Jolie character, I reject her as ever being Lara Croft. Jolie is played out and has been that way for a long time, like since she fucked billy bob.

You laugh, but in the movie Tomb Raider Angelina Jolie carried two HK USP compacts in 40S&W. I have an HK USP .45 fullsize. And my knives are bigger, end of story.

Fuck her...

the chi
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Croft never really uses big guns, or knives and you are too short to make some of those jumps and cliffs you have to be able to reach in the game. :lol: You would be no fun trying to play tomb raider as the char. Unless you are talking about the stupid fucking Angelina Jolie character, I reject her as ever being Lara Croft. Jolie is played out and has been that way for a long time, like since she fucked billy bob.

Fuck her...

Now you with the short jokes? *sigh* I loved the video game, but I did suck at it...:panic:

Smittie61984
03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Coolio. I can make it to that. But being so close I'll crash at my home about an hour away.

Wolf Pen Gap is cool but very pourus pavement. I like it cause I love it when my bike slips. Blood mountain is a race track quality road. But lot's of squids and cops. Just wait for a group of tank tops and flip flops to roll by on Litres from the hikers store at the Appalachian trail. Give it 5minutes and they'll keep the USFS occupied. GA60 is cool but the tar snakes they threw down aren't so great. But they have repaved GA60 north of TWO and that is sweet as hell. Low on cops there too.

Richard Russel is pretty cool and low on cops. GA75 north of Helen is money and switchback heaven! Helen for those who don't know is a giant fake german town that is a big tourist trap. But they have put-put, carnivals, and taverns. Including a biker specific bar. Then there are a lot of hidden roads that I don't even know about that are cop free and better than the Gap.

rogue
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Cool. I got you down as attending. :dthumb:

tommymac
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Whos going to the gap that monday? I found out I have more vacation time than I thought so I may take a few extra days off, god knows i earned them.

Tom

rogue
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Whos going to the gap that monday? I found out I have more vacation time than I thought so I may take a few extra days off, god knows i earned them.

Tom

Most of us are. I thought you already said you were going to make a pass or two through there? Eric and I are thinking maybe those of us who want to ride the Gap may want to leave TWO Sunday and make our way closer. TWO is about 2 hours or so away from the Gap. We could also ride the Cherohala Skyway on our way there. If we rent rooms a little closer to the Gap, we'd be able to ride it more on Monday. Whatcha think? We were just dicussing this last night and haven't actually brought up the idea to anyone just yet.

BTW, for Cherohala info, go here: http://www.cherohala.com/

tommymac
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Most of us are. I thought you already said you were going to make a pass or two through there? Eric and I are thinking maybe those of us who want to ride the Gap may want to leave TWO Sunday and make our way closer. TWO is about 2 hours or so away from the Gap. We could also ride the Cherohala Skyway on our way there. If we rent rooms a little closer to the Gap, we'd be able to ride it more on Monday. Whatcha think? We were just dicussing this last night and haven't actually brought up the idea to anyone just yet.

BTW, for Cherohala info, go here: http://www.cherohala.com/

Now I am thinking of not heading back to ny till tues or wed now so i could ride all day monday, then use late mon and tues as a trvel day or even extend things another day if need be. Figure if I am traveling a million miles might as well make the most of it.

I started attacking the priller today, seems I have a ton of work to still do to get it ready :(

Tom

rogue
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Now I am thinking of not heading back to ny till tues or wed now so i could ride all day monday, then use late mon and tues as a trvel day or even extend things another day if need be. Figure if I am traveling a million miles might as well make the most of it.

I started attacking the priller today, seems I have a ton of work to still do to get it ready :(

Tom

Yeah...that way you wouldn't be pressed for time, something I need to think about as well. I'd rather play on the Gap Monday and Tuesday make my way back home, but this is dependent upon what Amorok and some others are doing too since I'll be riding with them.

What do you have to do to the priller? I still have some stuff I need to do to mine...gotta change the oil soon, I have to replace the front break reservoir (I have it, just got to get some brake fluid), change the tires, and flush the radiator...it's never been done that I'm aware of.

tommymac
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah...that way you wouldn't be pressed for time, something I need to think about as well. I'd rather play on the Gap Monday and Tuesday make my way back home, but this is dependent upon what Amorok and some others are doing too since I'll be riding with them.

What do you have to do to the priller? I still have some stuff I need to do to mine...gotta change the oil soon, I have to replace the front break reservoir (I have it, just got to get some brake fluid), change the tires, and flush the radiator...it's never been done that I'm aware of.

Where to start, I am replacing both foot levers, and the right side mirror from the accident. The bike needs a good cleaning theres a lot of dirt/mud built up from the damn construction site in there i need to clean out. Then a good once over to make sure its up for a potential 3k mile trip.

I wanna see if I can twist derf or sixxers arms to stretch it out so I am not riding the whole way back solo. Did that onece from the gap and it was not fun.

Tom

rogue
03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Where to start, I am replacing both foot levers, and the right side mirror from the accident. The bike needs a good cleaning theres a lot of dirt/mud built up from the damn construction site in there i need to clean out. Then a good once over to make sure its up for a potential 3k mile trip.

I wanna see if I can twist derf or sixxers arms to stretch it out so I am not riding the whole way back solo. Did that onece from the gap and it was not fun.

Tom

Hmmm...dunno about Sixxxer but you may be able to talk Def into it...depending upon how long the military is willing to let him go. There may be another one or two from up that way coming too. I'm waiting to hear back if it's definite or not. I'd tell you but I'm scared I'd jinx their chances of coming. :lol:

Smittie61984
03-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Cool. I got you down as attending. :dthumb:

And that's May 9-11 (Or in the weekend of)? I have a Triathlon on Jekyll Island on the 16th of May.

rogue
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
And that's May 9-11 (Or in the weekend of)? I have a Triathlon on Jekyll Island on the 16th of May.

Yeah..there about. ;) 8th-10th. Some are coming early...some staying later. It's all about what you can do. :)

derf
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I might be able to, but I think sixxxer is heading over to Myrtle Beach for bike week, then hitching a ride home. I was asked if I wanted to meet up with some friends there, and I have been contemplating it, so I don't know if I will be riding back home until the sunday after anyway.

Amorok
03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm taking the whole week after the rally off, so I might just stay in Tennessee and north GA the whole week hitting nice roads. My schedule is open, whatever you guys want to do.

rogue
03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel like I'm just along for the ride so I'll be doing pretty much what everyone else is doing. Within reason, of course. :lol:

Amorok
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, looks like we're hitting the Gap and some other nice roads afterwards. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully Ebbs can get enough time off to do it all with us, or else I'm going to have mine and Rogue's shit packed on my bike on the way back.

rogue
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, looks like we're hitting the Gap and some other nice roads afterwards. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully Ebbs can get enough time off to do it all with us, or else I'm going to have mine and Rogue's shit packed on my bike on the way back.

I should be able to pack and carry everything I need on my bike. I may need to wash at one point though. I'll make more definite packing plans when the date gets closer.

Two more months to go! WooT!!!! :rockwoot:

Amorok
03-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Please Rogue. You're a girl, there's no way you can live out of a backpack for a week, even with a full-service dry-cleaner in the room. I have lots of cargo room, don't worry about it. Ebbs, if you ride I can carry a small bag for all three of us if needed.

I better buy more bungies.

rogue
03-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Please Rogue. You're a girl, there's no way you can live out of a backpack for a week, even with a full-service dry-cleaner in the room. I have lots of cargo room, don't worry about it. Ebbs, if you ride I can carry a small bag for all three of us if needed.

Four days of clothes plus stuff to go out in...and had room for stuff Moira gave me :D

Mr Lefty
03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
if I ride... I'll bring my bags... as you saw Amorok... I've got enough room for anything I might need....
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/381833176_STXDD-M-1.jpg

rogue
03-09-2009, 09:15 PM
if I ride... I'll bring my bags... as you saw Amorok... I've got enough room for anything I might need....
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/381833003_kg2ZT-M-1.jpg

:x:

Mr Lefty
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
it's not work'n?

rogue
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I can't see it. When I right click--properties--copy/paste the link in the address bar, it tells me the link is broken. :idk:

Mr Lefty
03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
better?http://www.smugmug.com/photos/381833176_STXDD-M-1.jpg

rogue
03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
better?http://www.smugmug.com/photos/381833176_STXDD-M-1.jpg

Holy hell you have that bike loaded down! How much different was the handling with all the added weight?

Amber Lamps
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Holy hell you have that bike loaded down! How much different was the handling with all the added weight?

Well we call him Senior Loopy because he did an "accidental" wheelie and destroyed that bike on the way home....

rogue
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Well we call him Senior Loopy because he did an "accidental" wheelie and destroyed that bike on the way home....

Accidental wheelies do happen. :whistle:

Sucks the bike was destroyed in the process.

Amber Lamps
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM

To be honest,I don't remember if he had all that stuff on there or not at the time.

derf
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Just wondering, all you local folks are you staying at the lodge or just gonna come and hang out each day? Cuz the whole point of the weekend is to have crazy shananigans for 4 days straight

tommymac
03-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Just wondering, all you local folks are you staying at the lodge or just gonna come and hang out each day? Cuz the whole point of the weekend is to have crazy shananigans for 4 days straight

Oh there will be shennanigans :lol:

tom

rogue
03-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Not from me!

I'm I-N-N-O-C-E-N-T damnit! :angel:

derf
03-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Oh there will be shennanigans :lol:

tom

Oh yes there will be, if all goes according to plan I will be at the center of many shennanigans

Not from me!

I'm I-N-N-O-C-E-N-T damnit! :angel:

yeh you will be the focus of many shennanigans

rogue
03-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Careful your planning doesn't backfire on you :whistle:

derf
03-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Backfire?

Mr Lefty
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Yeah especially in twisties..... :lol:

:lol: yup... I've wondered what would have happened had I not had the bags on... I've launched that bike pretty hard more than a few times... and the front would come up... but only like a foot or so... and not nearly as fast...

but I did "pop" the clutch when it slipped out of my hand so I'd have probably done the same.... though the bags made it worse as they held me on the bike rather than slipping back...

yeah... but ya live and learn... I just gotta make sure I don't loose focus... and reduce my daily miles... besides about 70% of my trip was super slab... fuck that never again... I wanna do all my trips with the minimum amount of freeway I can.

Amorok
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I plan on staying at the lodge, or wherever the majority of people are staying. We're riding during the day but at night I plan on getting drunk and doing retarded things, and I can't ride anywhere. So I'll be staying wherever I plan on passing out.

Ebbs, I'm all for not riding the slab. We should go meet Rogue in Monroe and take Natchez Trace over to Alabama. That'll make the trip take longer, the speed limit is low on that road, but its scenic.

Rogue, if you need extra room, Ebbs and I have you covered. I refuse to believe a girl can pack that lightly. I'm prepared to be further amazed by you, however.

tommymac
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I plan on staying at the lodge, or wherever the majority of people are staying. We're riding during the day but at night I plan on getting drunk and doing retarded things, and I can't ride anywhere. So I'll be staying wherever I plan on passing out.

Ebbs, I'm all for not riding the slab. We should go meet Rogue in Monroe and take Natchez Trace over to Alabama. That'll make the trip take longer, the speed limit is low on that road, but its scenic.

Rogue, if you need extra room, Ebbs and I have you covered. I refuse to believe a girl can pack that lightly. I'm prepared to be further amazed by you, however.

if we avoid slabs from NY/NJ it will take a week to get there :lol:

Tom

the chi
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM

I think Im offended by that statement.

Its amazing what we ladies can do in regards to packing light, and biker chicks are pros at minimizing what we need. Pffft. Silly boys.

the chi
03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
And tiny women need MUCH less room than you ginormous behemoths with your jeans that are as tall and wider than we are.

tommymac
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I think Im offended by that statement.

Its amazing what we ladies can do in regards to packing light, and biker chicks are pros at minimizing what we need. Pffft. Silly boys.

Could you please talk to my fiancee, we go away for a track weekend and she brings like 5 pairs of shoes:idk:

Tom

Amorok
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey, I'm not that much taller than you, kid. I probably outweigh you by 50 pounds or so, but I don't need much room either. Its Ebbs that needs all that room. Geeky Giant.

the chi
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Could you please talk to my fiancee, we go away for a track weekend and she brings like 5 pairs of shoes:idk:

Tom

REALLY? Dayum! I get irritated if I have to take more than one pair. Since I started riding I really learned to take only the necessities. The indy trip was my one exception, I was loaded for bear, but I needed enough for a full week, plus my techology. I go nowhere without my laptop. :idk:

Hey, I'm not that much taller than you, kid. I probably outweigh you by 50 pounds or so, but I don't need much room either. Its Ebbs that needs all that room. Geeky Giant.

:lol: He DEF takes up some room! Other than my laptop, I can fit everything I need with spare room in my luggage on the bike, and my bags are tiny compared to his!

Mr Lefty
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
And tiny women need MUCH less room than you ginormous behemoths with your jeans that are as tall and wider than we are.

oh really? I seem to remember your bags being as packed as mine were... my trip was 4000 miles and 18 days... yours... 1500 and 5 days... :lol:

ericr
03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I will say most real "women bikers" tend to not be so girly and need 3 suitcases for an overnighter :whistle:

One days worth of my clothes probably take up as much room as 3 days of Rogue's :lol:

The more I think about it, moving to a hotel near Deal's Gap for Sunday night and getting an early start on riding the road sounds better to me.

Amorok
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that could work. I think I'll bring my laptop (if Ulu lets me) so we'll have internet if there's cell coverage. As for clothes, two pairs of pants, ten shirts, and enough underwear and socks for a week. That's it. I can usually make it on an alice bag or less.

Phenix_Rider
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, that could work. I think I'll bring my laptop (if Ulu lets me) so we'll have internet if there's cell coverage. As for clothes, two pairs of pants, ten shirts, and enough underwear and socks for a week. That's it. I can usually make it on an alice bag or less.

WTF? Why do you need ten shirts for a week?

Amber Lamps
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
WTF? Why do you need ten shirts for a week?

The guy sweats A LOT!!!!

derf
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Plus he makes a mess everywhere he goes. You cant take him anywhere

Amorok
03-11-2009, 06:24 AM
I can get kind of sweaty, and I always seem to get stuff on me, so I bring spares.

Phenix_Rider
03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Plus he makes a mess everywhere he goes. You cant take him anywhere

:lol

I figure 5-6 days, I might bring 2-3 shirts, and a pair of pants/shorts. Whatever else (socks, etc.) will cram into corners. Not quite as bad as Ebbs and his one green TWFix shirt :whistle:

Amber Lamps
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
:lol

I figure 5-6 days, I might bring 2-3 shirts, and a pair of pants/shorts. Whatever else (socks, etc.) will cram into corners. Not quite as bad as Ebbs and his one green TWFix shirt :whistle:

HAHAHAHA!!!! Good one! Booyah,in your face Ebbs you bastich!!!

Mr Lefty
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
:lol: funny thing is I have like 8 of those shirts... But the green one is a camera slut.

Amber Lamps
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
:lol: funny thing is I have like 8 of those shirts... But the green one is a camera slut.

Yea I had an ex like that....hey!

ericr
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM

I really do wish we'd taken a picture the other week so there could've been one more with the green shirt :lol: