PDA

View Full Version : Axo riding boots

neebelung
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I've been on the hunt for a lighter, comfier riding boot for commuting to work and shorter rides (i.e. bike night); I have the Teknic Violator 2's, which I love, but they're huge and bulky and just a bit "much" for my tame lil 12 mile commute.

Our local Cycle Gear has started carrying some of the Shift boots (they kinda look like wrestling shoes) and a similar one from Frank Thomas. Both were 'okay' but not terribly comfy, and didn't feel like they offered much protection. The guys there were talkin up these new boots from Axo - the Sniperz. They've got this weird cable system (rather than laces) that I wasn't too keen on at first, but they mentioned they're made by Sidi, so I figured they were worth a try.

OHMYGOD.

So comfy!! I'm in love with these boots. They're a low (over the ankle) boot, with good traction, and a SUPER cushiony collar around the ankle (like a really plushy basketball shoe). The cable system adjustor is at the back of the ankle - you push it in an twist till they're tight enough. That's it. Super fast off and on.

I've only worn them once so far (since I just got them last night), but they were great for the ride in today. We're trekking down to Daytona this weekend, where they'll get a longer test ride, plus walking around in them all day, so I'll give more feedback then, but if you haven't seen these yet, and are in the market for a street boot, give these a look.

Lucky3623
02-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I know it's not the same, but I have the same cable system in my golf shoes. Too easy Drill Sgt.

neebelung
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
:lol: I love em!! They're so easy to get on, and the pressure is evenly distributed (once they're tightened down); no tight spots, or readjusting necessary.

Lucky3623
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
I am glad you posted this though, because I am looking for some new riding boots like you, "commuter" boots.

Frostz28
03-12-2009, 01:24 AM
By boots are AXO's they aren't the one's you are talking about but I LOVE my boots! very comfortable to ride in and more comfortable just walking around in than any other riding boots Ive had. Sometimes I come home from a ride and for get to take them off for hours. So while I can't comment on the exact kind you are talking about the brand gets a thumbs up from me.