PDA

View Full Version : Love at first sight.

Flexin
02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
:drool: My birthday is not to far away. So if your looking for something to get me I would love to wake up to this with a big ass bow on it. :rockout:

James

Lucky3623
02-26-2009, 10:37 AM
I like these... My brother builds them... Terry Bradshaw bought the 1st one off the line... and you can get them with a full tilt bed.

Made by International, the CXT:

https://www.autoloandaily.com/images/stories/international-cxt.jpg

Porkchop
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Isn't that what all the movie stars bought a couple years back when the H2 became "not big enough". I think i've seen Ashton Kutcher rolling around in one of those CXT's.

Lucky3623
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Not sure if movie stars jumped on them, as I don't really keep up with who owns what, but it wouldn't supprise me.

Rider
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like the motherfucker that ran me over. :panic:

Bcb871810
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I like these... My brother builds them... Terry Bradshaw bought the 1st one off the line... and you can get them with a full tilt bed.

That right there is BAD ASS!

Adeptus_Minor
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Now *that* is a man-truck.
None of those stupid trailer-hitch testicles needed

deals gap dragon slayer
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah but what kind of mileage does it get? :idk:

shmike
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
yeah but what kind of mileage does it get? :idk:

If you have to ask what kind of mileage your $140K pick-up gets, maybe you can't afford it just yet. :idk:

wildchild
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Flex that is one beautiful Pete. Better if it was a quad though. If you get it can I take it for a spin? :drool:

Lucky3623
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Flex that is one beautiful Pete. Better if it was a quad though. If you get it can I take it for a spin? :drool:

No joke... that is one good lookin rig... I would love to slam those gears!

Flexin
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Around here we run singles and tandems. Over the last few years we have been seeing some tandem steer as well.

James

wildchild
02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Ah here if it's a "real" dump it's quad axle with steerable tags. 73,000 lbs. Hooahhhh :rockout:

Flexin
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Ah here if it's a "real" dump it's quad axle with steerable tags. 73,000 lbs. Hooahhhh :rockout:

Here its been tandems. I thing they use some tri axles out west. We have some dump trailers running around as well. Some of the guys when making long runs will use a tandem and a pup trailer. I know a guy with a brand new tandem Kenworth tandem and a pup. He uses the pup when hauling salt.

This would have been perfect for me last year.

James

Flexin
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM

I like the CXT. I would love to have one dragging a nice boat behind it.

Last year I was checking out a truck for sale at a dealership. They were trying to sell it for a guy. It was a F750 with a F350 box on it. White with blue barb wire along the bottom of the doors. Had two 12" subs, two amps (I think) and had 3 6.5" speakers in the bottom of EACH door with a pop up screen and dvd. Really nice truck. The stereo had some sound. I think this had something he would use it to haul every now and then. It looked something like this one.

James

Homeslice
02-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I saw one of those CXT's on the street, and thought it looked stupid. Tall and ungainly.

99% of boats could be towed by a simple full-size pickup.

Adeptus_Minor
02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I saw one of those CXT's on the street, and thought it looked stupid. Tall and ungainly.

Assuming you have brake assist on the trailer. ;)

Flexin
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM

Depends on what you call a boat. The cars you like can haul a Kayak on the roof or sometimes a small small boat behind it. But some of the boats being hauled are over working the truck. Its one thing to have a guy killing his engine hauling more of a load then he should be but its another when this same guy is trying to stop that same load as he comes up on your bumper.

And the boat I want can not be hauled with a 1 ton. There are boats that I want that might be ok behind a 1/2 ton but I would rather pull with a 1 ton or using a medium duty would be even better. If I had want I wanted I would want to haul it just over 3 hours away to take my father out and it would be another 1+ to put it in the water from there. The larger truck could do it safer and take less of a beating. It never hurts to have more braking then you need when hauling IMO.

James

Flexin
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
This would also be nice for hauling as well. But it would be nicer with the big manual trans.

James

Flexin
02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I can't remember if this was a truck he worked in but a guy had this in my old shop to get another guy to put on ghost flames. He was retired and he took this truck, removed an axle, and shortened the frame. Now he uses it to haull his fifth wheel trailer with his wife to Florida. He also have a hitch frame built that he puts in that allows him to use it to haul his Harley with it to bike shows.

James

101lifts2
02-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice dump!

Lamnidae
03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
If you have to ask what kind of mileage your $140K pick-up gets, maybe you can't afford it just yet. :idk:

That's great advice.

Lamnidae
03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
http://www.geo-con.ca/images/track-hoe-200CLC-2.jpg

I always wanted one of those...

Flexin
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.geo-con.ca/images/track-hoe-200CLC-2.jpg

I always wanted one of those...

Mine was the White Bobcat.

James

wildchild
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't remember if this was a truck he worked in but a guy had this in my old shop to get another guy to put on ghost flames. He was retired and he took this truck, removed an axle, and shortened the frame. Now he uses it to haull his fifth wheel trailer with his wife to Florida. He also have a hitch frame built that he puts in that allows him to use it to haul his Harley with it to bike shows.

James

I'm considering the same thing right now. Looking at new trucks that will barely haul some of the heavier fifth wheels. I started looking at older single axle tractors. Fix it up purty and have a little fun going down the road.

Flexin
03-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I like the CXT. I would love to have one dragging a nice boat behind it.

Last year I was checking out a truck for sale at a dealership. They were trying to sell it for a guy. It was a F750 with a F350 box on it. White with blue barb wire along the bottom of the doors. Had two 12" subs, two amps (I think) and had 3 6.5" speakers in the bottom of EACH door with a pop up screen and dvd. Really nice truck. The stereo had some sound. I think this had something he would use it to haul every now and then. It looked something like this one.

James

The big Ford I was talking about drove by the job site yesterday and today. I was able to snap two quick shots yesterday.

James

Flexin
03-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm considering the same thing right now. Looking at new trucks that will barely haul some of the heavier fifth wheels. I started looking at older single axle tractors. Fix it up purty and have a little fun going down the road.

Thats the way to do it. Banging through 8-18 gears and a set of air horns. :rockout:

James

Cutty72
03-14-2009, 12:16 AM
That's not a dump truck...

This is a dump truck...

and a water truck
and a fuel truck
and a paving machine

And my favorite, a mobile shop, with every tool you could ever want.

Flexin
03-14-2009, 10:55 AM
That's not a dump truck...

This is a dump truck...

and a water truck
and a fuel truck
and a paving machine

And my favorite, a mobile shop, with every tool you could ever want.

Where is all the chrome and shiny paint?

James

Rangerscott
03-28-2009, 10:26 PM
If your fuel tank (now tanks) holds more weight than a honda civic, then you got a big ass vehicle.