PDA

View Full Version : GasMan- Big Dog Recall

Phenix_Rider
03-16-2008, 08:09 PM
In the April 2008 Cycle World. NHTSA #07V580000

For the 05-08 Mastiff, 05-07 Chopper, 06-08 K-9, 05-07 Bulldog and 08 Mutt. About the rear fender strut mount bolts. Thought you or another Big Dog rider would be interested.

vabarber2
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
GM probly already changed it anyway!!

Phenix_Rider
03-16-2008, 08:21 PM

:lol: Yeah- I thought about that while I was typing. That may have been one of his mods.

OneSickPsycho
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
If you watch those recalls in CW, you'll see Big Dog there more than any other manufacturer... That could mean one of two things... either they suck ass, or they are overly cautious/meticulously rigid about QA... I'd vote the latter.

marko138
03-17-2008, 03:42 PM
If you watch those recalls in CW, you'll see Big Dog there more than any other manufacturer... That could mean one of two things... either they suck ass, or they are overly cautious/meticulously rigid about QA... I'd vote the latter.
I believe Gas has addressed that. He claims the latter.

DLIT
03-17-2008, 08:36 PM

Probably.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gas Man
03-18-2008, 12:56 AM
yeah i changed them myself... with my own bolts... fuck going to the dealer for them.

And yes its the latter. They had a recall on somin a while back... don't remember what... but what happened was they found out a guy on the line was using never sieze on something that was suppose to have loctite. They issued a recall for the ENTIRE year to replace the bolt. Not even just R&R it with some loctite... Replace the bolt and loctite it. That is how anal they are.

but they should be when you pay so much.

hands down BDM is the BEST when it comes to standing behind their product. I know a guy with a 2005 chop with 50K miles on it. The president Nick Messer knew all about his bike from the forums. The techs from the factory were at Daytona. Well the techs did a bunch of work on his bike, like EHC software updates, this, that, whatever... all for free. The bike has been out of warrenty for over a year!

Many guys get parts for free when they break. Especially if its a part that is more pronone or known to break, it just so happens that yours broke after the warrenty is up.

straight up... they are the best when it comes to this shit.