PDA

View Full Version : Well it looks like I may be doing a cross country trip

thirdgenlxi
02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
And it's gonna be freakin awesome!!!! :drool: Seriously though..... been giving this alot of thought lately and I think I'm gonna do it. It won't be until April of next year, but that gives me lots of time to thouroughly plan it out and make it a kick ass trip.

Anyways.... next year is my aunt and uncles 40th wedding anniversary, so they're throwing a lil party and the whole family is going. They live in Tucson, Arizona.... I'm in north Georgia near Atlanta. Since I've been wanting to get out west on my bike for some time now, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. I'll head out there and go to the party, then continue on the rest of my journey from there. I want to hit up alot of places.... Grand Canyon, Pacific Coast Hwy in Cali, Vegas, Hoover Dam, Monument Valley Utah (where Forrest Gump decided to stop runn-in), Pikes Peak and all over Colorado, etc... just to name a few. It'll be one of my biggest roadtrips yet! :rockwoot:

That's the tentative plan at least..... I've got a lil over a year so I'm gonna plan everything out ahead of time. It'll probably be about 3 weeks long or so. I joined up on some local regional forums for out that way as well, hoping to meet up with some locals that might be able to show me around the area a lil bit. Also want to try and meet up wiith some of you guys along the way, plus I'll need to borrow a couch for a night here and there too

I'll keep y'all updated as the plans progress :dthumb: And anybody that wants to meet up... speak up! I'll be travelling mostly along the southern part of the US (LA, AR, TX, NM, OK, etc)

Mr Lefty
02-28-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm in biloxi.. MS down to meet up and you can crash at my place if ya need

Ninjakel
02-28-2009, 11:08 AM
That's awesome Jared. Good luck!!!

rogue
02-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm in LA! :D North part of the state...and that's nowhere NEAR New Orleans. :lol:

Leon
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
We're in south fl. You've got a couch if you need it. :whistle:

R6Chick
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
By April of next year I'll be in Phoenix and will have a garage, let me know!

Gas Man
03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Obviously michigan sucks and you are staying far away...

SMART!!

Quick281
03-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Awesome trip Jarred! I should be doing the same sort of trip in a couple of weeks but it doesn't look like I will be doing it on the bike. I should have the bike in the back of the truck with me so I do expect to unload and tear up some twisties as I travel across the country.

t-homo
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm in SW Missouri. Smiley man is in NW Arkansas. If you get this far north, let us know.

Quick281
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I should also add that if for what ever odd reason you end up riding to Alaska, I will do my best to accommodate you!

And yes, you are probably the only person I would worry about randomly deciding to ride to Alaska.

G-Rex
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I should also add that if for what ever odd reason you end up riding to Alaska, I will do my best to accommodate you!

And yes, you are probably the only person I would worry about randomly deciding to ride to Alaska.

I've already ridden up there once, and planning to go again probably next year. Where are you going to be? I doubt you'll be up as far as I'm going. :lol:

t-homo
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I've already ridden up there once, and planning to go again probably next year. Where are you going to be? I doubt you'll be up as far as I'm going. :lol:

I find it amusing that you've been to alaska, but not tennessee.

Quick281
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM

Talkeetna for the summer and I don't know where I will be for the winter.

If I work the oil pipe line I will be up in Prudhoe bay which is where I assume you are heading. I couldn't provide you with housing while up there on work duty, but I would probably have a place in Anchorage you could stay at and do maintenance if needed. Hit me up before any plans go through and I will let you know where I am and how I can help. :pat:

Oh, and even if you don't need a place to stay it is always nice to know someone who can pick you up in times of fail. :D

G-Rex
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I find it amusing that you've been to alaska, but not tennessee.

Oh, I've been to Tennessee before on my TLR, just not on the Busa. The map in my sig reflects states I've been to on the Busa only. However, I agree that it is kinda silly having Tennessee all by itself there. :lol:

Prudhoe bay which is where I assume you are heading. I couldn't provide you with housing while up there on work duty, but I would probably have a place in Anchorage you could stay at and do maintenance if needed. Hit me up before any plans go through and I will let you know where I am and how I can help. :pat:

Oh, and even if you don't need a place to stay it is always nice to know someone who can pick you up in times of fail. :D

Sounds good! Prudhoe Bay is exactly where I'll be heading. How odd would it be to run into a fellow TWFer up there. :lol:

Quick281
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Oh, I've been to Tennessee before on my TLR, just not on the Busa. The map in my sig reflects states I've been to on the Busa only. However, I agree that it is kinda silly having Tennessee all by itself there. :lol:

Sounds good! Prudhoe Bay is exactly where I'll be heading. How odd would it be to run into a fellow TWFer up there. :lol:

In fact, depending on when you hit the area if I am not working and could find the time I would be willing to make the Prudhoe Bay trip with you if you need a partner in crime for that road. :D