PDA

View Full Version : First event - 2/27/09

azoomm
03-01-2009, 10:25 PM
What a GREAT day!!! It was HOT - holy crap August is going to be interesting if we're pushing 90 in February. But, it just helped make the tires sticky.... Wheeeeeeee

First pictures are up, more to come. www.mcoker.com

Cutty72
03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
There's only like 4' of snow on the track right now.
Hopefully we'll be able to make the april 30 day here... :panic:

Nice pics.

tommymac
03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
my frinds went down to barber and thier sunday was snowed out :(

Tom

TrackRider54
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
It was cold at Tally Saturday. Warmer in the morning than in the afternoon.

I was working turn 5. Glad I opted to ride my free day at a later date. Would have been miserable on Sunday.

If you were down there Saturday, and riding in the Advanced group, see if you can find yourself on this crappy cell phone video. If you were on the RC51, you'll hear yourself coming. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uH6qTWjlDQ

deals gap dragon slayer
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
i can totally get away with saying thats me in the pic on a borrowed bike.. I have a habit of playing with others bikes.. lol

azoomm
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
i can totally get away with saying thats me in the pic on a borrowed bike.. I have a habit of playing with others bikes.. lol

Huh?

deals gap dragon slayer
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
LOL sorry... forgot not everyone here knows me...

Seems like half of the photos out there of me riding are on someone else's bike... the rider on the Yami you posted up from H2r has the same helmet as me..

I used to have an R1 so its not that far fetched.. lol

azoomm
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
LOL sorry... forgot not everyone here knows me...

Seems like half of the photos out there of me riding are on someone else's bike... the rider on the Yami you posted up from H2r has the same helmet as me..

I used to have an R1 so its not that far fetched.. lol

Ah, since I know the rider in the picture - and I don't know you. Or, it was taken at my event - and you weren't at my event... it's pretty safe to say you can't claim to be in that picture.

But, can't fault you for trying. :idk:

deals gap dragon slayer
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
didnt say i was going to try.. just that i could... i've got better pics of me anyways.. lol I'll try to get some good ones this weekend in Houston

azoomm
03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
didnt say i was going to try.. just that i could... i've got better pics of me anyways.. lol I'll try to get some good ones this weekend in Houston

Generally, those managing events will not encourage or like you taking your hands off the grips to "try and get a good picture". But, rock on man... :dthumb:

shmike
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Generally, those managing events will not encourage or like you taking your hands off the grips to "try and get a good picture". But, rock on man... :dthumb:

So did you give the guy at your event a stern talking to? :scratch:

azoomm
03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
So did you give the guy at your event a stern talking to? :scratch:

I have since, why? We're pretty clear on the pavement to people - waving to the camera can make for a spectacular shot of you running off the track. I'm not a fan of those pictures. :wink:

tommymac
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
This thread is confusing and is giving me a headache

Tom

azoomm
03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
This thread is confusing and is giving me a headache

Tom

:lol:

I know... shall I weed it?

tommymac
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
:lol:

I know... shall I weed it?

i thought it was about a track day but then it was about someone who was there or wasnt there then someone else got in trouble:idk:

Tom

shmike
03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
i thought it was about a track day but then it was about someone who was there or wasnt there then someone else got in trouble:idk:

Tom

The guy that was there got in trouble. The pic he got in trouble for is used to show off the event.

The guy that wasn't there could have pretended to be the guy that was there because he has the same helmet and once had a different bike.

The guy that wasn't there will be the guy that was there but at a different track next weekend.

When he is the guy that was there he may get in trouble like the other guy that was the guy that was there for taking his hands off the bars.

Cutty's track has snow. Barber did too. Tally is cold.

Got it now? :whistle:

deals gap dragon slayer
03-03-2009, 12:07 PM

lol of course not...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/damien311/hand.jpg

tommymac
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
The guy that was there got in trouble. The pic he got in trouble for is used to show off the event.

The guy that wasn't there could have pretended to be the guy that was there because he has the same helmet and once had a different bike.

The guy that wasn't there will be the guy that was there but at a different track next weekend.

When he is the guy that was there he may get in trouble like the other guy that was the guy that was there for taking his hands off the bars.

Cutty's track has snow. Barber did too. Tally is cold.

Got it now? :whistle:

its all so clear to me now :lol:

Tom

r!der
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
easier going the other way :D

Bradlee_t
03-03-2009, 04:17 PM
lol of course not...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/damien311/hand.jpg

Dragging a hand? What's next.......sketching at the track?:panic:

tommymac
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM

there are 2 guys at an org that I ride with that routineley drag elbows:rockwoot:

Tom

deals gap dragon slayer
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Ha... I'll let you know how this weekend turns out

TrackRider54
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Unless you are Ruben Xaus....I'd recommend not hot dogging at the track. Besides endangering yourself, you may endanger others.

It would SUCK to get taken out by someone paying more attention to the photographer than the riders around them.

http://motovation.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/ruben-xaus.jpg

azoomm
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Unless you are Ruben Xaus....I'd recommend not hot dogging at the track. Besides endangering yourself, you may endanger others.

It would SUCK to get taken out by someone paying more attention to the photographer than the riders around them.

Thank you.

We will no longer be publishing photos with situations like this. I just can't have that encouragement out there. Besides, without meaning to offend, I think the initial photo is more a testament to Michael's ability with a camera than the rider's with his bike...

r!der
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
It's not that hard to take the hand off the left clipon. :idk:

But I agree, it's better to keep both on the clipons and eyes on the track.

deals gap dragon slayer
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
i agree that it shouldnt be encouraged... and I'll admit that it isn't the smartest thing to do... that particular shot of me was taken while I was stuck in the novice group (1st track day with them) behind slower riders that i wasn't allowed to pass. no excuse, i know. thank god for hot pitting.

TrackRider54
03-04-2009, 11:05 PM
You're not allowed to pass? Even in the straights?

When I ride with NESBA (who doesn't allow inside passing in intermediate), if I get behind someone who "parks" it in the corner, I back off of them in the straight, and catch them in the corner. I get a better drive coming out and pass them on the straight or around the outside.

deals gap dragon slayer
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
in that particular org.. (as with many others) in the beginners group they don't allow passing just because some riders are easily startled by it or may try to keep up and get in over their heads. if i'm not mistaken they still allow it on the straights with a very wide berth.

Bradlee_t
03-05-2009, 09:41 AM
:jacked:

azoomm
03-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Fruggin' passing.... :lol:

TrackRider54
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
in that particular org.. (as with many others) in the beginners group they don't allow passing just because some riders are easily startled by it or may try to keep up and get in over their heads. if i'm not mistaken they still allow it on the straights with a very wide berth.

I got over the "startle factor" real quick riding with STT. They allow passing on the inside and outside in intermediate. I've ridden in the advanced group with them as well. It's not uncommon for two buddies to be running together and split around you.

Just gotta remember to hold your line. It's YOUR line, and they have to find a way around.

One of the things that scares me most is when someone knows I'm behind them, and they move over to let me by....while I'm trying to come around them. DOH!!! Just hold your line!!! :rant:

Porkchop
03-11-2009, 02:00 AM
http://www.mcoker.com/images/preview10.jpg

Nice....