PDA

View Full Version : '92 S-10 PROJECT *+ pics*

Digifox
03-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Well this a truck ive*we've* had since like 2005.
And IM just now working on it at 16.lol

Its a 1992 S-10 2WD V6 2.8L with a 5 speed.
200,000 sum miles are runs great.
got it for FREE

Replaced:
the Fuel pump, Clutch, Breaks/calipers

Still to do:
Find out why it wont start by the key(something in the steering column)
put the cross member and Drive shaft back in Then bleed the breaks and its ready to go.

Add-ons:
Prime Star wheels(look like pro-stars)
Put the scoop on(Because its bad ass)
Purple horny Or Bullet in place of the stock muffler
*Later on might run duals out the rear.*
Oh and the stereo will be replace with a JENSEN System*DVD,Navi,radio,ipod dock,Sat. ready, all that good shit*

If i had about $2,000 i would put a 390Hp TVR Tuscan Inline 6 in it.
But i have to stick with the crappy 120Hp V6
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/digifox1165/000_1742.jpg
*Thats the scoop that will get put on it*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/digifox1165/000_1741.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/digifox1165/000_1738.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/digifox1165/000_0097.jpg

Got the Transmission and clutch put in yesterday
Anyone need a Borg Warner T-5 5 speed?
Fits S-10,TVR Tuscan,and more...lol

speedylocksmith
03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
as far as it not starting having something to do with the ignition, there is very little to go wrong. If the key turns forward, springs back from the crank position, goes back and key comes out then nothing is wrong with the ignition or the rack. Only possible problem is the electrical ignition switch (which I believe is on the top of the column) but usually if the electrical switch has gone bad, it won't let the key turn properly (just like if the rack was broken).

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
'92 GM... does it have a VATS key?
I used to have a problem with a '92 Firebird where I think VATS was shorting out and causing intermittent starting issues.

Digifox
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
It does start.....just not with the key....lol
You can cross the leads on the starter and it will start.

Im guessing the reson it wont start wiht the key is the same reason why when you try to use the right turn signal the windsheild wipers come on...

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Electrical problems... the mechanics' favorite.

Digifox
03-08-2009, 02:32 PM
VATS?
Isnt that the "smart" key?

I just have an old Metal Key *Axxess+*

The ONLY reason im guessing is its in the column is cause i popped the dash off under it and jiggled some wires and the wipers came on. yet the switch hadn't moved.

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
VATS?

Yeah.. 'smart' is one way to put it... until it shorts and impedance is off by like a 10th of an ohm or whatever and it doesn't recognize the key as legitimate.
If yours isn't VATS then you have one less thing to worry about.
Probably just a plain old short, maybe a faulty wiring harness somewhere?

pauldun170
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Put as little money into it as possible.
Scoop = maximum gayness

101lifts2
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Dude you have been 16 for long time now. LOL

Never heard the term VATS...but I think its called Pass-Key and I'm pretty sure the S-10s in that year didn't have any security.

DLIT
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I would start it up and use it to go buy something else. Then you can just drive that off a cliff.

101lifts2
03-08-2009, 03:32 PM
....Scoop = maximum gayness

Esp. when the scoop is made out of painted airduct tin. lol

Digifox
03-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Dude you have been 16 for long time now. LOL
101lifts2:
What are you talking about?:idk:

And if the scoop if for maximum Gayness That means its Double the Gay when i get in it

Mikey
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Fuck the haters. Get it running good, throw the scoop on there if you want, rattle can it flat black, and drive it until the wheels fall off.

Smittie61984
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Needs a Chevy 350 cranking out about 400hp.

And the scoop has to go unless you have an old Mopar motor in there with 3 two barrels.

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Needs a Chevy 350 cranking out about 400hp.

And the scoop has to go unless you have an old Mopar motor in there with 3 two barrels.

Gotta agree with at least the latter part of that.
Scoops that feed nothing are kinda :shrug:

Now a smallblock V8 or larger V6 in that thing would be kickass.
It'd make a nice sleeper. Although you'd have to add a few hundred pounds of something (bags of sand... bolted in railroad iron...) to the ass end to keep traction when you get on the gas.
My dad had a 70's Datsun pickup into which he dropped a Buick V6.
He finally had to part with it because it kept getting him in trouble. :lol:

Digifox
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM

It'd make a nice sleeper. Although you'd have to add a few hundred pounds of something (bags of sand... bolted in railroad iron...) to the ass end to keep traction when you get on the gas.

I would put an old 4.3 Turbo in it out of a Cyclone
Or Maybe a newer Vortec V6

But hell the TVR inline 6 makes 390HP 310Ft/lb and gets 20-25MPG
And have you heard the awesomely deep rumble they have

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM

No doubt on the TVR motor, but speaking strictly of things you can bolt into the S10...
The Syclone engine would be fuck-awesome, but can you even find one anymore? If you can, I bet you could buy two old trucks for what that engine would cost in a semi-complete form. :panic:

Digifox
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
No doubt on the TVR motor, but speaking strictly of things you can bolt into the S10...
The Syclone engine would be fuck-awesome, but can you even find one anymore? If you can, I bet you could buy two old trucks for what that engine would cost in a semi-complete form. :panic:

if you find one and it cheap its a POS
If you find one that runs its going to cost $900-1,200.

Oh Question one of you might know.
The ground wire? on the starter, not the power but the small one

Is GONE! so could that cause it to not start?
And does it have to be grounded to the Ignition circuit or can it just be ground to battery?

Stupid i know, but i dont fuck with starters, i just kick shit ^_^

speedylocksmith
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
VATS?

The ONLY reason im guessing is its in the column is cause i popped the dash off under it and jiggled some wires and the wipers came on. yet the switch hadn't moved.VATS stands for Vehicle Anti Theft System. The S10 doesn't have a VATS key. It's not a "smart" key because it cannot be programmed to the computer. It's actually an ohm resistance value. There are 15 different values. 1 and 2 are so close that 2 will work for either so there are really on 14 different values but it doesn't apply to the S10.

Smittie61984
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM

V8 S10s suck from a dig when drag racing. Where they kick ass is about a 30mph+ roll to roughly 120mph. One buddy of mine who got me into them had a 6speed 350 zz4 crate pumping about 450hp. It was a 92 S10 with a small cowl induction hood and corvette rallies. Looked like an old man truck really, and no clue it was fast.

Anyways the funniest story about his drag racing was he saw some kids looking at a WS6 firebird when they first came out. This guy is in his late 40s and all grey hair. He stopped and talked to the guys some and he is a master shit talker too. He asked them if it's fast and the one guy responds "Fuck yeah it's fast". He then asked if they thought it could keep up with the S10. They laughed and he said he felt he could beat them with that truck and start in 2nd gear (That was a trick cause 1st gear was useless). Even had one guy ride in his truck and put it into 2nd gear.

Well they took off and the WS6 took off. He said to the guy who was now busting out laughing "Hang on to your tutu" and it got up in the RPMs the truck just peeled back. The guy's jaw dropped and he blew by the WS6 like it wasn't even there. The guy got out of the truck and didn't say a word.

I was with him when we raced a Viper. We smoked it to about 120mph and then the aerodynamics kicked in. The guy at that point stuck his arm out the window and waved him on. Said he wasn't going to give the guy the satisfaction of thinking he could beat him int he 100s.

GMC Syclones are fucking badass too. And I love the Buick Grand Nationals. No one expects those to be fast.

Homeslice
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Where are you going to find a TVR engine?

Some things just aren't worth sinking much money into. Not in this economy where you can buy brand new cars for thousands off.

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
V8 S10s suck from a dig when drag racing. Where they kick ass is about a 30mph+ roll to roughly 120mph. One buddy of mine who got me into them had a 6speed 350 zz4 crate pumping about 450hp.

I can't imagine keeping that thing hooked up.
My Dakota gets squirrely enough with the 4.7 V8 and it was BUILT for that.
Sucks major ass when the roads are even kinda slick.

Smittie61984
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I can't imagine keeping that thing hooked up.
My Dakota gets squirrely enough with the 4.7 V8 and it was BUILT for that.
Sucks major ass when the roads are even kinda slick.

Another buddy of mine had that V8 Dodge Dakota (96 I believe). It was pretty sweat. He then got a 92 V8 S10 that had I think that 350HO motor in it with some tweaks. Estimated around 350hp. At Atlanta dragway which is about the shittiest hooking up track in the world he ran low 14s. That was with his carbs starving for fuel towards the end. Plus a 100hp Subaru can't hook up at that POS track. We got some a new SpeedDemon 690 that was beautiful and money. Probably would have ran high 13s if the carbs worked right but it was sold before we ran it again. I'm guessing we would have gotten high 13s at any other track with the fuel starvation and mid 13s with proper fuel. He sold it for a dirtbike and a couple of ATVs for his kids.

Couple of pics...
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1162/715606153_642f37b31d_o.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1404/715606231_7f9b415863_o.jpg

Here is some video of various races. Check out that V8 S10 running high 9s. From what I remember it was streetable (Every car had to be in this event) except a fuel cell at the very back. Suspension work but said he daily drove it. Oh yeah. Check out what happens when you let women drive cars. Plus check out what would happen if men did not worry about women. Super fast but ugly ass cars...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKVWU_cJBs

Adeptus_Minor
03-08-2009, 10:05 PM
fawk... he damn near looped that little hatchback. :lol:

101lifts2
03-09-2009, 12:04 AM
101lifts2:
What are you talking about?:idk:

And if the scoop if for maximum Gayness That means its Double the Gay when i get in it

I remember from CF that you were always 16 years old..maybe you were 15 then...my bad.

Mikey
03-09-2009, 12:14 AM

You keep saying that, but where are you gonna get one of those things? It seems to me it would be difficult to locate, expensive, and parts would be a PITA, especially if you start wanting things like heads and cams.

Adeptus_Minor
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
He can find the Syclone motor itself, but the turbo and everything else would be another matter entirely.

http://www.rebuilt-gas-diesel-engines.com/cgi-bin/engine.cgi/reman_engine.html?engine_id=22341&sid=1ca4n02D6K6R65T-35109325847.2f

Smittie61984
03-09-2009, 12:36 AM
fawk... he damn near looped that little hatchback. :lol:

I love that car. I swear that thing could probably pop a wheelie at 80mph.

But that is what happens when you give a redneck unlimited funds, a plasma cutter, welder, and a lots of beer. I could just see that conversation...

Bill - "Hey Bob. See that little bitty hatchback we have sitting around"
Bob - "Yeah"
Bill - "See that big ass motor we have laying around"
Bob - "Yeah"
Bill - "Wnat to drink some more beer and put that big motor in that little car"
Bob - "Yeah"

Digifox
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I remember from CF that you were always 16 years old..maybe you were 15 then...my bad.
When i Joined CF...if im not mistaken i was 13.
lol but i just turned 16 not to long ago

and i never lied about my age on CF..:idk:

EDIT:
Ho Shit yeah!
Im so fucking proud of myself!!!!
i hooked up the ignition wire.
put some gas in it and it started right up!
GOD DAMN, after 2 years of sitting it fires up and idles fine...though i had a bit of a fuel leak...lol 2min and it was up again.
Now i just have to replace the heater hose since Someone.....needed it more then i did.

Im so proud of myself!

Adeptus_Minor
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Good on ya, kiddo. :dthumb:

So now that the important part is done, sand and rattle-can those damn bumpers before that rust gets into the other systems.
Don't you know that stuff is contagious?! ;)

Digifox
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Good on ya, kiddo. :dthumb:

So now that the important part is done, sand and rattle-can those damn bumpers before that rust gets into the other systems.
Don't you know that stuff is contagious?! ;)

I know, gotta go get some Black paint and sand paper.
But at least it was Ziebarted
So i only have the front bumper and a few little spots the paint has chipped off form...im not realy sure.

t-homo
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
LMAO at Dlit.