PDA

View Full Version : 2009 zx-6r

Rider
03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Ok, so I go into the dealer on Friday to kick around some tires and while I'm looking ant the 2009 gixxers the ZX-6R caught my eye. Have you guys seen the new ZX-6R? Holy shit, this is a nice looking bike and after reading the specs, this bad boy id putting out 132hp (at the crank of course). The exhaust looks way restrictive, but a full system, BMC filter, and a power commander with a custom map, could have that thing breathing right and screaming 120+hp at the wheel. :drool:

http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/2009-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R-bike-wallpapers.jpg

Adeptus_Minor
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Looks good. :dthumb:

Dave
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
please excuse me for saying toldyaso ;) its a sexy bitch

smileyman
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Biggest news is the BPF (Big Piston Forks) front suspension. The new design theory is only available on the new ZX6 and the GSXR1000. Looks to be a great system.

Total engine redesign should make it (once derestricted for US noise emissions) the strongest 600 cc mill plus it has retained much of its positive handling traits from the last gen model. Yeah I think it will be killer....:drool:

the chi
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Thats quite possibly the sexiest Kawi I've ever seen...

Phenix_Rider
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
The performance sounds good, but the looks are meh.

p00kienrayray
03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
i think the jagged lines work well, but can do without the headlights. 132 at the crank? thats awesome!

Sixxxxer
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
You guys can all Blow me.

JoJoYZF
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Ok, so I go into the dealer on Friday to kick around some tires and while I'm looking ant the 2009 gixxers the ZX-6R caught my eye. Have you guys seen the new ZX-6R? Holy shit, this is a nice looking bike and after reading the specs, this bad boy id putting out 132hp (at the crank of course). The exhaust looks way restrictive, but a full system, BMC filter, and a power commander with a custom map, could have that thing breathing right and screaming 120+hp at the wheel. :drool:

http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/2009-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R-bike-wallpapers.jpg

You still considering getting another bike?

Rider
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
You still considering getting another bike?

Yeah, I want another one.....Always have. I just need to get approval from the wife. Maybe I should sweeten the deal and bump my life insurance another $500k. :whistle:

JoJoYZF
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I want another one.....Always have. I just need to get approval from the wife. Maybe I should sweeten the deal and bump my life insurance another $500k. :whistle:

Gotcha. She still against or you havent really pushed the issue yet?

Rider
03-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Gotcha. She still against or you havent really pushed the issue yet?

She is still against.

JoJoYZF
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Good luck with that then.

Sixxxxer
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Just do what I did and come home with it...She'll scream and yell and get mad but Fuck it...If she loves you, She'll get over it.

Cutty72
03-09-2009, 04:33 PM
My personal choice > womans choice any time. At least when it comes to my toys, provided it's not causing issues with any other bills etc.

Trip
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Saw it when Ebbs was up here, looks like shit IMO. Suppose to be a shitload better in capability though.

Gas Man
03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Front shot?

Antwanny
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
saw one at school today not bad looking at all, but that stock exhaust looks like poop in person
________
Ford center (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Center)

Rider
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Front shot?

Center

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/jjh007/main-600s-shot.jpg

marko138
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Holy shit...those headlights are butt ugly.

Rider
03-10-2009, 08:53 AM

All bikes are going to the projector lamp set up. Look what Yami did to the R1.... Ugly as fuck. At least Zuke still has the single lamp setup witch is still ok.

marko138
03-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Why do they have to look like they are surprised?

Rider
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
:idk: But eventually the R6 and the CBR will be sporting the same lamps.

marko138
03-10-2009, 09:00 AM
:idk: But eventually the R6 and the CBR will be sporting the same lamps.
Gross. I hope not.

Rider
03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Gross. I hope not.

Why, the XB has the projector lamps. Same shit.

marko138
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Why, the XB has the projector lamps. Same shit.
Yeah but they aren't ugly. The headlights on the ZX and the R1 are insanley ugly.

Dave
03-10-2009, 09:42 AM

says the guy who is super awesome

marko138
03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
says the guy who is super awesome
:ty: You're very kind.

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM

Thats what I'm saying and why I asked. I could tell from the side shot the front end/headlights was disgusting

Dave
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
:ty: You're very kind.

You're welcome

Dick :lmao:

p00kienrayray
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Just do what I did and come home with it...She'll scream and yell and get mad but Fuck it...If she loves you, She'll get over it.

dude that is the ONLY way to deal with significant others.

JoJoYZF
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Yep.

The 675 has projector lights without looking like a cross-eyed-down-syndrome bike.

So does the 1098/1198.

The ZX10/R1/new 6R are hideous bikes. Period.

Blaming the lights used is like blaming the mailman's penis for Tater's wife being a whore. :idk:

Agreed and great analogy.

marko138
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
This thread RULZ.

Phenix_Rider
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Just came back from the dealer/autozone/ yadda yadda... What the hell is with the stunter tank on the ZX6R? BARF! :hitfan: The rest of it isn't too bad, but the tank is a deal breaker.

Porkchop
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Is someone bitter??? Now that his bike is outdated????

Thats fucking great. Just hope the same thing works with my 'rents! That moment should come here in the next week.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/jjh007/main-600s-shot.jpg

I like the Daytona the most. The sad thing is i like the gixxer front next.... only because it is different and odd. I'm so tired of the cookie-cutter parallelogram headlights. :panic:

Porkchop
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
For those of you who havnt gotten to a show or dealer...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_11.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_7.jpg

Dave
03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
For those of you who havnt gotten to a show or dealer...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_11.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/BRbaseball52/ZX6R_7.jpg

i fucking love the colors on the monster edition. if it had the ZX10 cluster it might have found a home in my garage :drool:

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Just came back from the dealer/autozone/ yadda yadda... What the hell is with the stunter tank on the ZX6R? BARF! :hitfan: The rest of it isn't too bad, but the tank is a deal breaker.

Jason Britton happened. Remember, he's riding Kawi these days.

Dave
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM

you know you can still benefit from some of the tech right? did you see the thread i posted about how the dual bore velocity stacks ought to bolt on to older bikes? they still arent listed on BB but they oughtta be cheap when they do show up

jalaan1
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
:idk: i kinda like everything about it.

Dave
03-11-2009, 12:33 AM

supposed to offer more space for tucking as well as a nice blace to park your booty

Phenix_Rider
03-11-2009, 06:57 AM
supposed to offer more space for tucking as well as a nice blace to park your booty

:td:

Sixxxxer
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Dont Gixxers have a dimple in the tank to place your head when you tuck?? Same shit as Kawi.

Rider
03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
The shape of the tank is supposed to give you better feedback and and to help with your lean so you can better grip the tank.

smileyman
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah I say throw away class leading engine and newly designed forks because the headlights are queer and the tank has a indention...:panic:

What you will see more of are the tailights:sorry: Just being an ass...

Homeslice
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Better than the Honda's lights, IMO.
I know everyone and their mother loves the Honda, but I don't. From a front view it looks like it's buck-toothed. The 05-06 were much better-looking.

Homeslice
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
By the way the tank on the Kawi looks good. Looks like it's wider up top so that it will contact your inner arm during cornering, which helps you have a feel for the bike. I don't know why Suzuki has been doing the opposite lately.

Porkchop
03-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah I say throw away class leading engine and newly designed forks because the headlights are queer and the tank has a indention. What you will see more of are the tailights. Just being an ass...

Totally 100% agree with you. But that doesnt matter to the squids who attend bike night at their local spot. Can't see the bike when your riding it....

I know everyone and their mother loves the Honda, but I don't. From a front view it looks like it's buck-toothed. The 05-06 were much better-looking.

Honda's 600 look is loooong too drawn out. I loved the 03 when it came out, and even sorta liked the 05(even though its uncomfortable as fuck). But now its getting too played out. Come on Honda, you can only hold on to a design so long, when other brands are changing every two years.

This was the first bike that i ever loved.... and the very bike that got me into sportbikes. I'd like to ride one one day to say thank you.... :pat:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2003models/2003-Honda-CBR600RRb.jpg

Phenix_Rider
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah I say throw away class leading engine and newly designed forks because the headlights are queer and the tank has a indention...:panic:

What you will see more of are the tailights:sorry: Just being an ass...

You forgot to mention that the queer tank shape feels bad and and holds less fuel, and the seat is a piece of vinyl over plywood.

Mr Lefty
03-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Saw it when Ebbs was up here, looks like shit IMO. Suppose to be a shitload better in capability though.

exactly... I think it's HIDEOUS! seriously... in the top 10 of ugliest bikes all time

now the performance numbers are sexy as hell... but who ever designed the looks... needs to be shot then hung... then burned.

Mr Lefty
03-11-2009, 09:59 PM
This was the first bike that i ever loved.... and the very bike that got me into sportbikes. I'd like to ride one one day to say thank you.... :pat:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2003models/2003-Honda-CBR600RRb.jpg

that's NtS's bike... well was before he took out a guard rail...

Mr Lefty
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
All bikes are going to the projector lamp set up. Look what Yami did to the R1.... Ugly as fuck. At least Zuke still has the single lamp setup witch is still ok.

well I hope they're much better than the XB's version... they're HORRIBLE lights... though I've heard they've fixed that...

I don't mind the projector style... the Daytona's look good... but FUCKING A... Kawi and Yamaha need LOTS of work. Suzi isn't bad... though I still think the bike would look fuck'n tits with just the two bulbs and paint over that projector in the middle.

Porkchop
03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
that's NtS's bike... well was before he took out a guard rail...

Sat wha?

I don't mind the projector style... the Daytona's look good... but FUCKING A... Kawi and Yamaha need LOTS of work. Suzi isn't bad... though I still think the bike would look fuck'n tits with just the two bulbs and paint over that projector in the middle.

Lol, the Yamaha and Honda lights are very similar, just different angle. You didnt seem to say anything about the Honda :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Then wouldnt it just look like all the other 600's with split lights? I still like the Suzi bc its different.

marko138
03-12-2009, 08:09 AM

I dont mind the Honda headlights. They look mostly normal. But I agree that the 05's were better looking. Always liked them.

well I hope they're much better than the XB's version... they're HORRIBLE lights... though I've heard they've fixed that...

The lights on the XB, while projectors, fucking SUCK. I can't see shit at night. Buell did recall them...which I had done. That made them marginally better.

Honestly, before the recall, riding at night at 35 mph was down right DANGEROUS.

But I knew the lights sucked before I bought it. I did my research. And I don't ride at night very often.

Mr Lefty
03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Sat wha?

Lol, the Yamaha and Honda lights are very similar, just different angle. You didnt seem to say anything about the Honda :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Then wouldnt it just look like all the other 600's with split lights? I still like the Suzi bc its different.

what's your point :idk: I like the honda and Yamaha lights... I was talking about Yamaha's projector style... on the R1... not the R6... the R6 is a good looking bike IMO... but the CBR looks the best... the colors for 09 just suck donkey balls.

I like the GSXR... but think it'd look better with just two headlights and paint where the center projector light is... MUCH BETTER IMO.

Rider
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I dont mind the Honda headlights. They look mostly normal. But I agree that the 05's were better looking. Always liked them.

The lights on the XB, while projectors, fucking SUCK. I can't see shit at night. Buell did recall them...which I had done. That made them marginally better.

Honestly, before the recall, riding at night at 35 mph was down right DANGEROUS.

But I knew the lights sucked before I bought it. I did my research. And I don't ride at night very often.

The projectors lights on the gixxer are good. Very bright.

marko138
03-12-2009, 08:26 AM
The projectors lights on the gixxer are good. Very bright.
I always liked the GSXR. The lights look fine to me. The cyclops look never bothered me.

Rider
03-12-2009, 08:31 AM
I always liked the GSXR. The lights look fine to me. The cyclops look never bothered me.

The only issue with them is that the lights bounce with the suspension. The slightest bump in the road you can see the light bounce on the road ahead of you. I was riding behind a buddy in a cage and he said my lights(on low beans of course) was bouncing constantly.

Dave
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
what's your point :idk: I like the honda and Yamaha lights... I was talking about Yamaha's projector style... on the R1... not the R6... the R6 is a good looking bike IMO... but the CBR looks the best... the colors for 09 just suck donkey balls.

I like the GSXR... but think it'd look better with just two headlights and paint where the center projector light is... MUCH BETTER IMO.

stacked headlights dont seem to be too popular either, 999/749 anyone?

z06boy
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I like the side view...well once the exhaust and rear fender are taken care of with aftermarket pieces.

I don't really like the front view as much.

Overall though I like it...should be a screamer too.

Homeslice
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
You forgot to mention that the queer tank shape feels bad and and holds less fuel, and the seat is a piece of vinyl over plywood.

Better than the Gixxer tanks........They don't have anything to lock your thighs into. They get narrower up top, which is exactly the opposite of how it should be.

Rider
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Better than the Gixxer tanks........They don't have anything to lock your thighs into. They get narrower up top, which is exactly the opposite of how it should be.

I never had an issue with the shape of the tank on my 08 gixxer. I could grip the tank no problem. If you notice though, the Suzuki race bikes(AMA, WSBK ) have different shaped tanks that are wider at the top.

Homeslice
03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I never had an issue with the shape of the tank on my 08 gixxer. I could grip the tank no problem. If you notice though, the Suzuki race bikes(AMA, WSBK ) have different shaped tanks that are wider at the top.

I liked the 04-05 gixxers........More of a "traditional" fuel tank. Also a longer reach.

When I say "grip" the tank I don't mean just when you're leaned over. I mean when you're just cruising, it's nice to have a grippy tank so that your lower body can absorb bumpy roads. This takes the stress off your back and arms.

I always have the ball of my feet on the pegs, and I like to "push" my thighs up into the lip on the tank, if there is one. I really liked the 05-06 Kawi 636 because they had a lip that was so prominent that you didn't even need to push your legs into it, they were already there.

Gas Man
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM

Why not throw a HID in that bitch?

Dave
03-12-2009, 09:47 PM
fat bastard did...

Tmall
03-12-2009, 09:59 PM

I've been considering that.. Would a brighter bulb make a huge difference in a projector headlight setup?

Dave
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
thats exactly the kind of question that the internetsw forum was designed to answer. im sure theres soe poor shlub on badweather who already spent the moolah for you..

Gas Man
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
An HID would make the difference... not just a brighter an HID

marko138
03-13-2009, 08:42 AM

I've considered it. But I'm not sure it would pass inspection. Shops are getting tougher on inspection around here. Also...I dont know that I ride at night enough to justify doing it.

I'm still kicking around the idea though.

Rider
03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I liked the 04-05 gixxers........More of a "traditional" fuel tank. Also a longer reach.

When I say "grip" the tank I don't mean just when you're leaned over. I mean when you're just cruising, it's nice to have a grippy tank so that your lower body can absorb bumpy roads. This takes the stress off your back and arms.

I always have the ball of my feet on the pegs, and I like to "push" my thighs up into the lip on the tank, if there is one. I really liked the 05-06 Kawi 636 because they had a lip that was so prominent that you didn't even need to push your legs into it, they were already there.

Stomp Grips could fix that :idk: I ride the same as you and never had a problem on the GSXR.

marko138
03-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Stomp Grips could fix that :idk: I ride the same as you and never had a problem on the GSXR.
Interesting that the race bikes have a different tank.

Rider
03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Interesting that the race bikes have a different tank.

Yeah you have to look at the profile of the AMA 1000 bikes. You can tell they are not production tanks on there.

marko138
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm gonna check that out.

Rider
03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna check that out.

If you notice, the tank is all one piece. It doesn't have the separate plastic piece up front like the production bikes.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Mladin_Daytona_08.jpg

Rider
03-13-2009, 09:06 AM
It's also flatter on top than a production bike.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E52Q-GbXUbg/SIy_hZESfYI/AAAAAAAAACA/WVolmDnrTtk/s320/Mladin.jpg
http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/GSX-R/GSX-R1000/2008_GSX-R1000_blue_500.jpg

marko138
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah definately doesn't look like it's got the plastic piece.

101lifts2
03-29-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm gonna try an rent one at sportbikerental.com when they become available. I think I want to upgrade....

Rangerscott
03-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Bout the ugliest face on a bike ever made. Its like a bug sqwenting. I'd take a buell firebolt XB12 over that and I dont even like those add-on looking faces they have.

O kawi. Where is your head?

marko138
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Bout the ugliest face on a bike ever made. Its like a bug sqwenting. I'd take a buell firebolt XB12 over that and I dont even like those add-on looking faces they have.

O kawi. Where is your head?
I love the front of the Firebolt.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/New%20bike/IMG_1181.jpg

Mr Lefty
03-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I love the front of the Firebolt.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/New%20bike/IMG_1181.jpg

when'd you get a kawi?

Rangerscott
03-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Look at it from the side. Looks like they just threw it on like a poor kid's cheapo streetfighter kit.