PDA

View Full Version : Ogio Less Drag backapck.....

neebelung
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
....FTMFW!!! :rockout:

Chris picked this up for me last week for my commute (since I take my lunch, a change of clothes and the contents of my purse in a backpack). Finally ot to use it today. Flippin outstanding pack. Not only does it organize and hold a shitload of stuff, it's got tons of reflective piping (it's still not quite light out when I leave for work), really comfy padded straps, and two straps across the front (one across the chest, one at the waist) to keep it in place.

Even fully loaded, it never felt like it was slipping, or going to come off at highway speeds, and the profile of it is low that I never once felt it *bump* my helmet or get in the way of moving my head or anything on the bike.

Sixxxxer
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I use a Hiking backpack I bought at wal mart...Works great and it was 9 Dollars...But sweet shit on the new Gear!!

zed
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I use a Hiking backpack I bought at wal mart...Works great and it was 9 Dollars...But sweet shit on the new Gear!!

same here. I have a large backpack that will hold a lot of clothes. hell, I've taken tools home in mine. full set of 1/4" drive sockets and ratchet and extensions, full set of 3/8 sockets with ratchet and extensions, full set of 1/2" drive in both metric and SAE, ratchet, extensions and impact, screwdrivers, hammers, rechargeable electric impact with extra battery and charger. I think that is about it.

neebelung
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
See I've got a nice Nike pack, and another (can't think of the brand) backpack of Chris' that I've used, but once I get the straps tightened up to where it feels secure, it's way high up on my back and bumps my helmet (not comfy!!)... when I loosen it up, I feel like it'll take flight.

So I decided (what, after 3+ years :lol:) it was finally time to have a bike-specific pack. :lol:

G-Rex
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I cannot ride with a backpack. It bugs me too much. If I gotta carry more than my tankbag can hold, well, I have hardbags for that. :D

Glad you got something that works well that you like!

zed
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
See I've got a nice Nike pack, and another (can't think of the brand) backpack of Chris' that I've used, but once I get the straps tightened up to where it feels secure, it's way high up on my back and bumps my helmet (not comfy!!)... when I loosen it up, I feel like it'll take flight.

So I decided (what, after 3+ years :lol:) it was finally time to have a bike-specific pack. :lol:

my normal load to work was 3 to 4 liters of drink, my rain suit, a big folder of completed work orders. I never had any problems with the feeling that it was going to slide around even when it's not as full.

so, you got a picture of it or do we have to google it ourselves? ;)

Archren
03-12-2009, 02:21 PM
I have one of the ACU pattern National Guard Recruiting backpacks.. for something that I got for free, it's pretty sweet. Padded back, padded straps, has the strap across the chest, lightweight, and a has bunch of different compartments. Granted, it makes it really obvious what I do for a living when I ride, but fuck it, it's comfortable, and does exactly what I need it to do. :lol:

Archren
03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I cannot ride with a backpack. It bugs me too much. If I gotta carry more than my tankbag can hold, well, I have hardbags for that. :D

You want some cheese with that whine? redflip

z06boy
03-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I use a hiking backpack with a waist strap myself and it works for me.

A friend just bought an Ogio the other day at Cyclegear on sale plus he had some type of a coupon and got a great deal and he likes the Ogio alot.

neebelung
03-12-2009, 02:38 PM

Glad you got something that works well that you like!

I used to loooooove my Joe Rocket Manta tankbag, but it's not compatible with the R1 (half plastic tank cover). There is an R1 specific tank bag, but it's pretty small, so when I'm not carrying very much (like for rides, not commuting) I just use my ol Icon Primer tankbag, with the packpack straps on.

so, you got a picture of it or do we have to google it ourselves? ;)

Google is your friend! :nee:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/OGIO_Less_Drag_Backpack--642588.html

You want some cheese with that whine? redflip

:rofl:

zed
03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Google is your friend! :nee:

I was hoping for a picture of you modeling it. ;)

neebelung
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
:lol:

fatburg
03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh Lordy...where do I even start with this thread???

so much better looking and practical

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/fatburg/Misc/gixxer-1.jpg

Archren
03-12-2009, 03:02 PM

http://http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/dustdog29/basball.jpg

:x:

ETA: Ah, you fixed it, lol

neebelung
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM

:dvrofl:

Are you suggesting I should ditch my trusty Ogio for a Webber?

p00kienrayray
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
ogio makes great backpack designs and their shit is sturdy as fuck. i have the koston model that has an ingenious way of holding my skateboard while trekking from class to class. the only downside is that they can get a little pricey.
i believe they make a tank bag and a backpack that holds a lid too.

Cutty72
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I have one of the ACU pattern National Guard Recruiting backpacks.. for something that I got for free, it's pretty sweet. Padded back, padded straps, has the strap across the chest, lightweight, and a has bunch of different compartments. Granted, it makes it really obvious what I do for a living when I ride, but fuck it, it's comfortable, and does exactly what I need it to do. :lol:

I have the same one, haven't tried it on the bike yet though, due to snow...

fatburg
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Just figured I could pay homage to Marko and give sound luggage advice at the same time.

Mr Lefty
03-12-2009, 08:47 PM

fuck yes... then you can tail gate from your bike!

Dave
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM

hey its marko's old ride!

my bike came with a real trunk :P but if i ride with a pack i usually throw on a camelbak with pockets. works awesome on long highway sections once you get the crack visor and move tube past faceguard to mouth routine down

neebelung
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
ogio makes great backpack designs and their shit is sturdy as fuck. i have the koston model that has an ingenious way of holding my skateboard while trekking from class to class. the only downside is that they can get a little pricey.
i believe they make a tank bag and a backpack that holds a lid too.

Yup, this backpack has a helmet carrier, too.

CrazyKell
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I have two backpacks although neither are bike specific. Watch out for straps because once they start flapping they can be a bitch!

One of my bags is a Fox skater bag that works pretty well.

For long trips though, I learned the VERY hard way that backpacks SUCK. Thank god my father was with me and we had enough bungee cords to strap that thing to his luggage on his bike! :woot:

Archren
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I have two backpacks although neither are bike specific. Watch out for straps because once they start flapping they can be a bitch!

One of my bags is a Fox skater bag that works pretty well.

For long trips though, I learned the VERY hard way that backpacks SUCK. Thank god my father was with me and we had enough bungee cords to strap that thing to his luggage on his bike! :woot:

Yeah, I probably wouldn't be doing long trips on my bike for that reason (aside from my bike being an Italian torture rack). The stock 1098 comes with an injection molded plastic tank, so my magnetic tank bag won't work on it (just to be sure, I tried :lol: ). Ducati does make a nifty strap tank bag for it, which I might invest in sometime in the future for doing the longer hill country rides I sometimes like to do. I imagine that would be cheaper than investing in an aftermarket aluminum tank just so I could use magnets. :lol:

Cutty72
03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
How big of a tank bag are you looking for?
I have a strap one I could part with. I prefer tail bags after a long trip with the tank bag...