PDA

View Full Version : Bosworth charged with drunk driving

Rider
03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Former NFL player-turned-actor Brian Bosworth has been charged with drunk driving after being arrested in Hollywood last Friday.

City attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan says Bosworth was charged Wednesday with two misdemeanor counts in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Mateljan says the former Seattle Seahawks linebacker was riding his motorcycle when police stopped him for not having a front license plate.

If convicted Bosworth faces six months in jail.

The 44-year-old former All-American at Oklahoma was drafted by Seattle in 1987. He retired after three seasons because of a shoulder injury.

Bosworth, known for his earrings and blond Mohawk haircut, appeared in such films as "Stone Cold," "Three Kings" and "The Longest Yard."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3972084

OK fine another retired athlete gets arrested for drunk driving. New day same shit, but what caught my eye was the reason he was pulled over. His motorcycle didn't have a front plate. :wtf: When did states start requiring motorcycles to have a front plate? Where the hell would you put it? As far as I know California doesn't require a front plate on bikes but since I moved away the law may have changed. Can one of you Cali residents shed some light on this?

bmblebee
03-13-2009, 04:52 AM
6 months in jail for 2 misdemeanor counts...while the politicos who bankrupted the state get raises

DLIT
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Thought it was one of the AMA racers.

Antwanny
03-16-2009, 01:23 AM
front plates never heard of it. probably just a technicality the officer used for an excuse to pull him over although a pretty weak excuse, ill bet he beats the charges if that is the reason he got pulled over.
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Dnyce
03-16-2009, 03:05 AM
no law against front plate on a bike here, i bet the media got the story wrong.

tommymac
03-16-2009, 03:29 AM
front plates never heard of it. probably just a technicality the officer used for an excuse to pull him over although a pretty weak excuse, ill bet he beats the charges if that is the reason he got pulled over.

A few years back I had a bunch of tickets and when we pleaded them down one was for a no seatbelt ticket on a motorcycle. odd considering that bikes dont have seat belts. But it got the municipality some money from me and it didnt cost me any points.

Tom

p00kienrayray
03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
i didn't know that you can even put front plates on a bike:idk:

JoJoYZF
03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Still not as bad as the Browns' biggest fuck up, dante stallworth.