PDA

View Full Version : Rally travel plans North crew

derf
03-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Ok since we keep hijacking other threads about travel here goes.

I think that our tentative plan is to meet at the rest stop in Delaware 5 miles south of the NJ/Delaware bridge, Probably start from either 7 or 8 am the do the 700 mile ride down I95, to I85 to I 40. Google says that it's a 12 hour ride. With stops and speeding I think it will take the entire 12 hours.

ugh...Not the route I'd choose- way too much slab. I plan to take US219 as far as I can (which is NC abouts) and then head west. But I'll definitely be leaving early. 6am-ish is likely.

I see one possible problem here. We may hit rush hour in the baltimore DC area around then. Not sure if you would want to leave earlier or alter the route to bypass all of that.

I think youre pretty accurate on the time though. Figure if we avg 70 most of the way thats 10 hrs and factor in 2 hrs of break time. With all of us on sportier bikes I figure were good for about 150 miles or so on a tank (i can stretch it on the hwy to about 180) so we will be stopping roughly every 2 hrs anyway.

Now I am gettin excited, got some more work done on the bike last night, all I realy need now is an oil change, wash al;l the dirt/sand off (riding to the construction sites) clean and lube the chain and throw the battery back in and were good to go.:dthumb:

Tom

Actually what I was thinking is if maybe we might want to leave the night before. Not sure what time folks get out of work, but it might be worth it to get past DCeven if it means leaving the rest stop at 10 and getting through DC at midnight. and finding a cheap roadside motel for $30. I 95 is littered with them just south of DC, plus I know of one with a strip joint attached, but I would put the bikes in the room for that one, then lock them up inside the room too. I'm all in favor of this, just because it means that thursday will be a shorter day, and that means more shenanigans for us!

Another possible route is to hang a right on I70 in baltimore, then a left on I81 heading south until you hit I26, then local 23 to 441 to 64 to 515 to TWO. not that I put too much thought into it or anything.

Oh and DC traffic means that we are fucked starting from about 530 am until about 10 then again from 2 til 8 or 9 at night. But if you take the outer loop and just ride it out it shouldnt be bad.

See what sixxer wants to do. either plan works for me. I will prolly work at the jobsite that wednesday but will be home and can get on the road prety easily. Only thing is I will have ot leave here around 8 or so to meet you guys and may still get hit with some traffic on the NJ tpke and getting out of NYC. I am not familiar with the other route you mentioned and am not sure how traffic is around DC (will we be flowing with traffic or going against it in the AM) I have no prolem with leaving NY at 2 or 3 am to meet you guys or go earlier. I guess for sleeping somewhere we can see how it goes, sometimes I get that burst where I just want to get there and other times its just time to knock out for a bit. If we do several hrs in the dark I am sure the sun comming up will give us a little boost as well.

Tom

Ive ridden through the night without realizing it before, and only stopped for a short nap. I should have my screaming meanie (the alarm clock to end all alarm clocks) so we could take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the night and be up just in time to watch a romantic sunrise!

If you guys want to leave in the Night to help ease the pain of traffic...I'm down, I'm a crazy fuck so Whatever works for the best Im down with...I'm the same way, sometimes I just wanna get there and I get all excited and shit other times Im like fuck it lets crash.

Ok so now that we know were all crazy and dont give a flyin fuck :lol: do yall want to leave wed night or go late night so that were past dc before 4 or 5am. Baltimore and Dc cant be much more than an hr or 2 at the most from that rest spot. Fred would it be faster doing 95 to 85 or going the other way.

Tom

This is where it all went south

How bad will it be if me derf and sixxer get there first and start drinking. we will burn the plcae down before anyone else gets there :rockwoot:

Tom

It's only bad if you burn the damn place down.

Keep Derf away from fires. He's clumsy, ya know. :lol:

So long as the ball gag stays in his stuff untill you arrive. Sixxer and I are much larger than he is and it wouldnt end well :lol:

Tom

IIRC, he was told to bring it, but that didn't mean he was going to be able to use it. :lol:

I've taken down bigger guys than him. :whistle:

Ok so the tentative plan is for the north crew listed below to roll down the night before, and most likely stop somewhere late at night and be the first to arrive on the 7th, and get drunk, play with fire and ball gags (and possibly the baby jesus butt plug, but thats a whole nother story).

Directions still need sorting.

Right now this is who is coming from the north:

Tommy
Sixxxer
Derf
Phoenix Rider (please confirm)

tommymac
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I need to check the forums more often, instead of new posts, this one slipped by me :lol: I was about to start a similar thread covering what you mentioned and alw what everyones bringing. I was thinking along the lines of tools, tire repair kit etc....

I have a prety good first aid bag and will bring some other stuff in case we need a procedure done in the field :dthumb: I also planned to order a trie repair kit, and am bringing my tool kit, a multi tool and a flash light or 2.

So now is it confirmed were leaving wed night, and if so about what time. i will prolly be working at the construction site wed till around 4 or 5. I will have the bike prepped and ready to go beforehand but would want to get a 3 or 4 hr nap in before we hit the road. Plus I would rather lleave NY a little later since I will hit traffic getting out of NYC even later in the evening.

Tom

derf
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing, have the bike ready to go tuesday take a quick nap right after work, then wait for you to get here, ride into the night, maybe a small nap on the road on the way down, then get there kinda early

Phenix_Rider
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Don't think I'm riding with you folks. I much prefer to get a full night's sleep before going that far, instead of dragging ass after work. And I really do not want to ride slab all the way.

derf
03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I was thinking leaving south NJ around 9 or 10 doing 5 or 6 hours and taking a break for a few hours, hell even an iron butt motel for 2-3 hours would be great and get down there early afternoon.

tommymac
03-25-2009, 08:25 AM
I was thinking leaving south NJ around 9 or 10 doing 5 or 6 hours and taking a break for a few hours, hell even an iron butt motel for 2-3 hours would be great and get down there early afternoon.

9 or 10 may not work, tha tmeans I have to leave NYC around 6 or 7 which means getting killed by traffic. I would be fine leavin glater so we can get a nap in before we go. Plus as were riding down the sun comming up may be that extra boost to get us all through. Obviously it will be a see how we feel sort of thing as far as if we push all the way through or stop for a nap somewhere. Either of you guys bringing a gps so we can find a place if need be. I have one but currently dont have a mount or a power source for it so I would have about 4 hrs of use off its own battery.

Tom

derf
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeh I'm good with whatever time...

I also have my GPS mounted, but I havn't hooked up the power outlet yet.

tommymac
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeh I'm good with whatever time...

I also have my GPS mounted, but I havn't hooked up the power outlet yet.

ok cool, I may have some other stuff to do/work on so ading a powerlet adapter was kinda far down on my list of stuff to do before the rally. Now how much travel time we looking at from that rest stop in delaware? With no traffic I can make it down there in about 3 hrs.

Tom

derf
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I just checked google earth, cool shit, I put the cursor exactly on the rest stop, and it says exactly 12 hours 700 miles

tommymac
03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
I just checked google earth, cool shit, I put the cursor exactly on the rest stop, and it says exactly 12 hours 700 miles

so its 12 hrs from there, thats what I was nto sure of. I think its 8 something from up here. If we average 70mph while on the road with breaks and stuff 12 hrs sounds about right. Figure we stop every 150 or so miles for gas so thats every 2 hrs, then just have to factor in how long our breaks will be which I guess we will see as we go. Once one of us gets fatigued we will pack it in for a bit.

Tom

the chi
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Dont forget, even pushing through, if it says 12 hours it usually means more like 13-14 with stops for gas, rest and food. Dont forget to drink lotsa non alcoholic fluid on the way too!

derf
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM
For a long ride like this a 15-20 minute break is good, just to stop and go for a walk for a few smoke a cig or 2 and stretch again.

Haven't heard from sixxxer yet with his take on the plan.

the chi
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
For a long ride like this a 15-20 minute break is good, just to stop and go for a walk for a few smoke a cig or 2 and stretch again.

Haven't heard from sixxxer yet with his take on the plan.

700 miles, stopping every 150 or so for gas and rest/food at 15 minutes a pop adds apporixmately 1.25-1.50 hours additional time...just saying...ya'll taking scenic or slab?

Sixxxxer
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Well I got word today from The Boss that Taking time off will not be an issue so Im good for leaving anytime after 3PM on wednesday....I'd prefer to leave later into the night on wednesday early thursday morning...And Im in no rush to get there so however long it takes it takes.

I gotta order a new rear tire get a tune up and get my luggage situated...Better order that now ;)

derf
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
700 miles, stopping every 150 or so for gas and rest/food at 15 minutes a pop adds apporixmately 1.25-1.50 hours additional time...just saying...ya'll taking scenic or slab?

we will wind up making up that time easily by just going faster

tommymac
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
we will wind up making up that time easily by just going faster

easy enough there.

When I rode home from the gap I did mostly 10 to 20 minute breaks. Stretched out, had a drink, took a leak and was right back at it, and took one longer break to sit and eat lunch. I will see about getting out early on wed so I can grab a power nap and be good to go. I figure I can leave here some time after 10pm just ot be sure traffic is not a factor and that will give a few hrs to get in some sleep.

Tom

Sixxxxer
03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah I'd really like to leave as late wednesday night as Possible...But Im down for whatever

derf
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
so tommy leaves at 10, I leave my house at 1130, sixxxer at midnight, and we should all get to the rest stop around the same time...

rogue
03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
You guys be safe! Don't push yourselves too hard! :D

Don't make me worry. I'll expect texts for each of you periodically. :)

Sixxxxer
03-25-2009, 07:43 PM
so tommy leaves at 10, I leave my house at 1130, sixxxer at midnight, and we should all get to the rest stop around the same time...

Sounds about right...Lol Although I can DEF Make Delaware in 20 Minutes Easy...Lol

derf
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Its about an hours ride for me

the chi
03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
You guys be safe! Don't push yourselves too hard! :D

Don't make me worry. I'll expect texts for each of you periodically. :)

AH HA!! Do i get to give up my "Mama Rae" title now?

derf
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM

are you going to threaten to spank me too if I don't text?

Sixxxxer
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Its about an hours ride for me

I said I Could make it there in twenty...That's Hauling ass down the TP.

Its about 30mins from me.

Plan sounds goo so far...Im excited

the chi
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
are you going to threaten to spank me too if I don't text?

I dont spank. I nag, hang, draw and quarter those who make me worry.

:dthumb:

Sixxxxer
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Well thats not Sexy or Fun :idk:

Fooey on you!!

Mr Lefty
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM

lord does she ever... and then... when SHE'S supposed to update you... she doesn't. EVER.

the chi
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Six, hunny, Im MAMA Rae...since when is your "mother" sexy?

ANd like you notice Ebbs, HA. Its a one way thing anyway. If I disappear off the planet, somewhere, eventually someone will find me. ANd mine is usually due to ADD..."oh look, that looks interesting, Im gonna check it out...do i hear banjos?"

Sixxxxer
03-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Rubbish...I will never in my life consider you a mother figure...Therfore you can be Sexy.

tommymac
03-28-2009, 02:06 PM
ok mapquested my town to new castle delaware which seems kinda near our projected meetpoint. maplost has it taking me 2 and a half hrs to get there. Without traffic I can prolly do it in just over 2.

Now should we meet by the harley dealer or further south at the rest stop so we can all gas up and be ready to go.

How are you guys for mileage on a tank of gas? I can get 150-180 butmay be a bit less with the hard bags on acting as sails.

Tom

derf
03-28-2009, 02:19 PM
150-170 is my limit. And I definately think the meet spot should be the gas station. Trying to find the harley place at night would be a bitch, i've gotten lost trying to find it in the day before.

Mr Lefty
03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
ok mapquested my town to new castle delaware which seems kinda near our projected meetpoint. maplost has it taking me 2 and a half hrs to get there. Without traffic I can prolly do it in just over 2.

Now should we meet by the harley dealer or further south at the rest stop so we can all gas up and be ready to go.

How are you guys for mileage on a tank of gas? I can get 150-180 butmay be a bit less with the hard bags on acting as sails.

Tom

I'd say 150 or so should be about average per tank would be a good basis... that's about when I needed a break anyhow...

tommymac
03-29-2009, 03:30 AM
I'd say 150 or so should be about average per tank would be a good basis... that's about when I needed a break anyhow...

When I rode home from the gap on my Tl thats about how it played out. it works out too figuring you run about 2 hrs then get a nice little break. figure some runs may be a little longer or shorter depending on where we can get gas.

Tom

Mr Lefty
03-29-2009, 10:15 AM
When I rode home from the gap on my Tl thats about how it played out. it works out too figuring you run about 2 hrs then get a nice little break. figure some runs may be a little longer or shorter depending on where we can get gas.

Tom

yeah... I had planned my trip last year on about 180ish... but due to my gearing I couldn't go that far... but for a full day of riding... I needed to stop at 150... if it was only a tank or two I could do 180... but that extra 30 miles adds up over 3-5 tanks in a day

tommymac
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
yeah... I had planned my trip last year on about 180ish... but due to my gearing I couldn't go that far... but for a full day of riding... I needed to stop at 150... if it was only a tank or two I could do 180... but that extra 30 miles adds up over 3-5 tanks in a day

It woul dbe too much of a stretch but that extra 30 miles would knock out one fuel stop along the way, and as derf said we could always just ride faster :lol:

Tom

derf
03-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Hell if you ask me I would be happy with an extra 2 minute stop at 75 miles just to get off the bike for a min, I wouldnt take the helmet off or shut the bike just stretch, smoke and hop back on.

tommymac
03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Hell if you ask me I would be happy with an extra 2 minute stop at 75 miles just to get off the bike for a min, I wouldnt take the helmet off or shut the bike just stretch, smoke and hop back on.

We can see, that may be good as we get further into the trip just to keep us going. So long as we can signal the others if one needs a break we can pull off to the side of the road. Otherwise I say once we hit 140 or so miles have the lead rider keep an eye out for the next exit with gas. If we go 85 to 95 that wont be too far anywhere, but I dont know when we get further south.

Tom

rogue
03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't have to worry about how far I can go. I always have to go to the bathroom well before my fuel light comes on. Usually somewhere around 100 miles. I fill up when I stop.

I hope Amorok doesn't mind. :lol:

tommymac
03-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't have to worry about how far I can go. I always have to go to the bathroom well before my fuel light comes on. Usually somewhere around 100 miles. I fill up when I stop.

I hope Amorok doesn't mind. :lol:

You would hate traveling with me then.

Heres an exchange karen and I had on a trip to beaver run about an hr after a gas stop

karen: we have to stop I have to pee

me: No, we just stopped

karen: but i have to go again

me:too bad wait till the next gas stop, pee in a damn bottle or something

karen: I iwll pee on the seat if you dont stop

me: go ahead, its your car, youre sitting there and I work in the ER so the smell of urine doesnt bother me

then it spiraled into something about me being killed in my sleep or something :lol:

Tom

rogue
03-29-2009, 02:57 PM
You would hate traveling with me then.

Heres an exchange karen and I had on a trip to beaver run about an hr after a gas stop

karen: we have to stop I have to pee

me: No, we just stopped

karen: but i have to go again

me:too bad wait till the next gas stop, pee in a damn bottle or something

karen: I iwll pee on the seat if you dont stop

me: go ahead, its your car, youre sitting there and I work in the ER so the smell of urine doesnt bother me

then it spiraled into something about me being killed in my sleep or something :lol:

Tom

:rofl:

That sounds similar to my dad's conversations with me when I used to ride in the 18-wheeler. In fact, I had to carry something to pee in when I rode with him. He wouldn't stop. :lol:

I have no issues with stopping on the side of the road to go pee if I have to go *that* bad on the bike. Just ask Kaneman. :rofl: And if I can't get someone's attention to let them know I have to stop, I have and will make my own stop and try to catch up later. :lol:

derf
03-29-2009, 07:06 PM
:rofl:

That sounds similar to my dad's conversations with me when I used to ride in the 18-wheeler. In fact, I had to carry something to pee in when I rode with him. He wouldn't stop. :lol:

I have no issues with stopping on the side of the road to go pee if I have to go *that* bad on the bike. Just ask Kaneman. :rofl: And if I can't get someone's attention to let them know I have to stop, I have and will make my own stop and try to catch up later. :lol:

On really long bike trips I have a tube that runs the length of my leg that I use as a dump tube. Just don't ride behind me.

derf
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
We can see, that may be good as we get further into the trip just to keep us going. So long as we can signal the others if one needs a break we can pull off to the side of the road. Otherwise I say once we hit 140 or so miles have the lead rider keep an eye out for the next exit with gas. If we go 85 to 95 that wont be too far anywhere, but I dont know when we get further south.

Tom

There are some places along 195 south of virginia that fuel stops are 20+ miles apart....

Mr Lefty
03-29-2009, 07:12 PM
On really long bike trips I have a tube that runs the length of my leg that I use as a dump tube. Just don't ride behind me.

:lol: hopefully you don't get too many tailgaters :lol:

derf
03-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Thats why I do it....

Oh yeh and I am 99% done wiring in a cig lighter for the front of the bike (power for my GPS), and I'm gonna add in a 2nd one in the tail when I get around to it, so if you need to charge anything bring a cig adapter for it and I can charge on the go. I was out in the shed working on it until 1:30 without realizing the time. All I need to do is lengthen the power wire from the battery and hook up the ground wires, a little tidy work to clean it up and I should be done.

tommymac
03-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Thats why I do it....

Oh yeh and I am 99% done wiring in a cig lighter for the front of the bike (power for my GPS), and I'm gonna add in a 2nd one in the tail when I get around to it, so if you need to charge anything bring a cig adapter for it and I can charge on the go. I was out in the shed working on it until 1:30 without realizing the time. All I need to do is lengthen the power wire from the battery and hook up the ground wires, a little tidy work to clean it up and I should be done.

its a good reminder for me to bring a phone charger if nothing else. What did you run the wires off of for the lighter adapter?

Tom

derf
03-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I made a whole 2nd wire harness for the cig lighters and a clock/volt/temp thingy. The whole setup runs off a switched relay that only works when the bike is on so no worries about draining the battery by accident.

I have a fuse bix under the seat, the realy is hanging off the back of it, and the wires from the fuse box to the front of the bike are in their own sleeve running alongside the stock harness all the way up to the dash from the rear of the bike. I'm gonna post some pictures of it when I'm done. I just decided to give up for the night cuz it was kinda late.

tommymac
03-30-2009, 01:58 AM
I made a whole 2nd wire harness for the cig lighters and a clock/volt/temp thingy. The whole setup runs off a switched relay that only works when the bike is on so no worries about draining the battery by accident.

I have a fuse bix under the seat, the realy is hanging off the back of it, and the wires from the fuse box to the front of the bike are in their own sleeve running alongside the stock harness all the way up to the dash from the rear of the bike. I'm gonna post some pictures of it when I'm done. I just decided to give up for the night cuz it was kinda late.

Nice, i will have to take a look at it at the rally.

tom

Sixxxxer
04-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Ok so while out on my 60 Mile Jaunt today...I realized a few things...A. I hope its not windy when we leave because it was Fucking balls on the highway today trying to ride in that shit. B. Are we going to this thing rain or shine?? I'm assuming yes (even though rain riding scares the SHIT out of me) If so I need to prepare rain gear (got any cheap ways to make some decent rain gear??)

And Lastly...While I do want to get there asap i want to get THERE...So i dont think we need to cannonball run this bitch its a LOOOOOONG ride and we def need to pace ourselves.

Cutty72
04-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok so while out on my 60 Mile Jaunt today...I realized a few things...A. I hope its not windy when we leave because it was Fucking balls on the highway today trying to ride in that shit. B. Are we going to this thing rain or shine?? I'm assuming yes (even though rain riding scares the SHIT out of me) If so I need to prepare rain gear (got any cheap ways to make some decent rain gear??)

And Lastly...While I do want to get there asap i want to get THERE...So i dont think we need to cannonball run this bitch its a LOOOOOONG ride and we def need to pace ourselves.

Cheap rain gear = garbage bags w/holes for your arms and head.

I wear frog toggs myself (and so do a few others on here) They work really well, and also block the wind a bit.
About $100 for the set IIRC.

tommymac
04-04-2009, 08:17 PM
We can monitor the weather too and if its looking bad change up our departure time either earlier or later depending. I just got a pair of frog toggs. I have an older nelson rig rain jacket you could borrow I just dont have the pants.

I think pacing ourselves will be important too. I try to push through on long trips but something like this we will take breaks when needed.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks Tommy...I appreciate that...I'm gonna order new gloves, my tail bag, new pants and possibly new riding boots since I just have Timberland knock offs now...I can get this bright yellow rain jacket from my work but it wouldnt cover my legs either so I dunno i guess we'll play the weather part by ear.

derf
04-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks Tommy...I appreciate that...I'm gonna order new gloves, my tail bag, new pants and possibly new riding boots since I just have Timberland knock offs now...I can get this bright yellow rain jacket from my work but it wouldnt cover my legs either so I dunno i guess we'll play the weather part by ear.

go to home depot or loews they have those yellow rain suits for between 10 and 15, top an bottom. Then grab some small plastic shopping bags for your feet. If you really wanna complete the ensemble grab a pair of dish gloves from the store for a few $$$. For less than 20 you have a made to order dry suit

tommymac
04-18-2009, 08:52 AM
have you guys figured out a route down there, I know maplost has it going to 78 to 81 to 77 from my house. But I know were meeting on 95, so I wasnt sure if we should head wes tot catch 81 or just do 95 to 85. Or will we follow the magic little gps :)

Tom

NONE_too_SOFT
04-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Don't think I'm riding with you folks. I much prefer to get a full night's sleep before going that far, instead of dragging ass after work. And I really do not want to ride slab all the way.

By the time you get down there, u will wish you would have slabb'd the first part of the trip. better to get the easy riding out of the way, being tired on tennesse roads leads to wrecks. believe me.

or course not.

Im comming from northeast ohio, last time i went down and hit up cinccinatti, adn then on to lexington KY, and down to knoxville. I'm willing to adjust my route if anybody wants to meet up.

Sixxxxer
04-19-2009, 05:16 PM
By the time you get down there, u will wish you would have slabb'd the first part of the trip. better to get the easy riding out of the way, being tired on tennesse roads leads to wrecks. believe me.

or course not.

Im comming from northeast ohio, last time i went down and hit up cinccinatti, adn then on to lexington KY, and down to knoxville. I'm willing to adjust my route if anybody wants to meet up.

Id love to meet up with you and roll in together I just dont want you to ride out of your way to meet us...Mybe we can try and meet in the middle??

Derf/Tommy...Thoughts??

tommymac
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Id love to meet up with you and roll in together I just dont want you to ride out of your way to meet us...Mybe we can try and meet in the middle??

Derf/Tommy...Thoughts??

We can try to take 78 to 81, or cut over to 81 from the stop in deleware, that would be more central for us to meet up. Only thing is will he be traveling at the odd hours we will be? My schedule earlier that week before is prety light too which is good, I iwll get out of work wed around 4 or 5 so I can grab a nap untill around 10pm or so then get on the road.

Tom

marko138
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Hit 81 where? I like a mile from 81.

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
We can try to take 78 to 81, or cut over to 81 from the stop in deleware, that would be more central for us to meet up. Only thing is will he be traveling at the odd hours we will be? My schedule earlier that week before is prety light too which is good, I iwll get out of work wed around 4 or 5 so I can grab a nap untill around 10pm or so then get on the road.

Tom

Yeah I goggle mapped it from my house and it doesnt really have me on 95 for that long its more of a diagnal route from jersey to Suches...So we might be able to cross paths with NTS...But Your right I forgot we were leaving at the Ass Ass Crack of dawn...

CANT FUCKING WAIT THOUGH

rogue
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
CANT FUCKING WAIT THOUGH

Me either! I need a fucking break!!!!!

tommymac
04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah I goggle mapped it from my house and it doesnt really have me on 95 for that long its more of a diagnal route from jersey to Suches...So we might be able to cross paths with NTS...But Your right I forgot we were leaving at the Ass Ass Crack of dawn...

CANT FUCKING WAIT THOUGH

We make good enough time we could be there by the ass crack of dawn :lol:

given those routes you guys think its better if we go south via 81 or stick with 95. Also if we do decide on a different route we may have to change our meetpoint.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont care what way we take...as long as its the quickest.

tommymac
04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I dont care what way we take...as long as its the quickest.

agreed, but thats what we would need to figure out. Its easier for me to meet you guys by running down 95 and meeting in delaware, whereas if I take 78 to 81 its longer for me before I start heading south. One idea is we can take 95 south then we get over by 495 in dc, then we can take rt 66 west and that will get us to 81. We take that way when we go to vir but we take 129 south. The exit for 81 is right after that one.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
That sounds like a solid starting point...

tommymac
04-20-2009, 06:23 PM
That sounds like a solid starting point...

Cool this way I am only flying solo down to deleware which is about 2 to 2.5 hrs. From there I cant see it being much more than another 2 hrs to 81, then just head south and hope for the best. I will play with mapquest tonight or tomorrow to see what else we can sort out.

Last night I ordered a cramp buster, another cargo net and some little squeege sp? wipers to put on my gloves from aerostich:rockwoot: I just need to get a tire repair kit and figure out some other stuff (spare batteries etc) and should be good to go.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah...I got my Tailbag...Should be good to hold everything I need...but as a backup just incase i can always bungee down a backpack on top of the tailbag incase i need more room...Got some suppplies to bring a little toolkit and I got my new gear...

Since we are starting at night You think ti will be to cold to ride with my Streetgloves?? I was gonna order full gaunlets to make sure my hands were warm...but wasnt sure...I rode last night and it was like 60 and my hands were fine...but i rode the other night in 50 degree weather and my hands were ice blocks...

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Google Maps has me taking 95 to 495 to 66 to 81.

tommymac
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah...I got my Tailbag...Should be good to hold everything I need...but as a backup just incase i can always bungee down a backpack on top of the tailbag incase i need more room...Got some suppplies to bring a little toolkit and I got my new gear...

Since we are starting at night You think ti will be to cold to ride with my Streetgloves?? I was gonna order full gaunlets to make sure my hands were warm...but wasnt sure...I rode last night and it was like 60 and my hands were fine...but i rode the other night in 50 degree weather and my hands were ice blocks...

tough call, may be able to tell when it gets closer esp since it hasnt been that warm up here recently. I ma figuring on wearing my perfed textile jacket down there and am hoping that a sweatshirt or 2 or the raingear will be adequate. I may bring a pair of heavier gloves jsut in case but some of that may be dictated by last minute weather forecasts. If its only dipping into the 60's at night I think we will be fine. If its cooler I may rethink my gear choices.

I may also have some extra room between the tailbag and the hard bags too in case we need to stow some extra stuff. My last weekend trip I had more than enough room with just the hard bags but this trip is much longer so I will be bringing more clothes etc...

Tom

tommymac
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Google Maps has me taking 95 to 495 to 66 to 81.

perfect, I guess becasue youre further south. From here it has me taking 78 to 81.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah I am Gonna TRY to pack my leather jacket...Since we are riding at night my Textile is MUCH warmer and I wanna be as comfortable and warm as possible...But Ill see how that goes.

Phenix_Rider
04-20-2009, 07:06 PM
tough call, may be able to tell when it gets closer esp since it hasnt been that warm up here recently. I ma figuring on wearing my perfed textile jacket down there and am hoping that a sweatshirt or 2 or the raingear will be adequate. I may bring a pair of heavier gloves jsut in case but some of that may be dictated by last minute weather forecasts. If its only dipping into the 60's at night I think we will be fine. If its cooler I may rethink my gear choices.

I may also have some extra room between the tailbag and the hard bags too in case we need to stow some extra stuff. My last weekend trip I had more than enough room with just the hard bags but this trip is much longer so I will be bringing more clothes etc...

Tom

I would definitely bring a heavier pair of gloves. Not just gauntlets either- something insulated. Most gauntlets won't do any better at keeping your hands warm than a street short cuff. Early may will probably still be in the 40s at night. A pair of long underwear or overpants is a good idea too.

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah I meant like Dedicated Windbreaker Type Gloves...Like cold riding gear.

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/insulated_and_or_waterproof/first_gear/fargo_motorcycle_gloves.html

Something like that??

tommymac
04-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I would definitely bring a heavier pair of gloves. Not just gauntlets either- something insulated. Most gauntlets won't do any better at keeping your hands warm than a street short cuff. Early may will probably still be in the 40s at night. A pair of long underwear or overpants is a good idea too.

the gerbings gloves I have are prety warm so I may pack those, plus the textile pants I have are prety good at keeping me warm. For me the big question is which jacket to wear since packing 2 may not be feasible.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah...Im gonna see how i can manager packing a spare jacket...Lol I dunno how well it will work out.

Phenix_Rider
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
the gerbings gloves I have are prety warm so I may pack those, plus the textile pants I have are prety good at keeping me warm. For me the big question is which jacket to wear since packing 2 may not be feasible.

Tom

Yeah- packing a leather jacket probably won't work. Even if you pull the armor out, they're bulky. For 40*, about any glove with a liner would work. Below that is when it gets difficult to keep your digits warm. Ask me how I know... If you don't have grip heaters of some kind, you might look at "Hot Hands" packs.

Not sure which boots to wear yet. I have Sidi Typhoons that are perfect for the cold or wet. JR GPX that are decent riding boots, but not really good for walking, and Sidi Vertigos on the way. Of course I'll pack tennis shoes. Shopping for a digital camera now.

derf
04-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I may be out for the ride down. I broke my hand over the weekend and depending on how it heals I may be driving down either with or without the bike. I'll know closer to the day we leave what shape I'm in so dont count me out yet.

tommymac
04-21-2009, 04:10 AM
I may be out for the ride down. I broke my hand over the weekend and depending on how it heals I may be driving down either with or without the bike. I'll know closer to the day we leave what shape I'm in so dont count me out yet.

That sucks, which hand and what bone did you break? Some tuff you could ride with but others def not :(

Tom

Riceaholic
04-21-2009, 05:55 AM

Tom

I have a couple extra jackets. I'll bring them so you can trade out if you want. Any other gear you all want me to bring? I have extras if you don't want to pack so much crap for the ride down. For that matter let me know about anything you guys don't want to carry and I'll grab it. I'm in the Suburban so there's plenty of space...:lol:

I'm about 6'1 200. If that'll work let me know.

tommymac
04-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I have a couple extra jackets. I'll bring them so you can trade out if you want. Any other gear you all want me to bring? I have extras if you don't want to pack so much crap for the ride down. For that matter let me know about anything you guys don't want to carry and I'll grab it. I'm in the Suburban so there's plenty of space...:lol:

I'm about 6'1 200. If that'll work let me know.

thanx for the offer but I think our main concern now is for the ride down there ;) we will probably make a game time decision as far as what gear to bring/wear.

Tom

derf
04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
That sucks, which hand and what bone did you break? Some tuff you could ride with but others def not :(

Tom

My right hand, and i have now strength in my ring or pinky, and it hurts to stretch my other 2 fingers, which means i cant grip the throttle ot the front brake. Again, I'm holding my breath, and hopefully will be able to ride down 3 weeks from now.

marko138
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
perfect, I guess becasue youre further south. From here it has me taking 78 to 81.

Tom
78 to 81...you'll be cruising right by my house.

Sixxxxer
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
My right hand, and i have now strength in my ring or pinky, and it hurts to stretch my other 2 fingers, which means i cant grip the throttle ot the front brake. Again, I'm holding my breath, and hopefully will be able to ride down 3 weeks from now.

Well Hopefully It all works out...But if you cant ride down are you still going??

If so are you still gonna leave with us that early in the AM?

And Marko we'll probably be riding by your place at like...3am Lol

derf
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok so I'm in a cast now, worst case is that the cast is on and I just drive my truck down, if the 2 of you want I can just put your bikes in the back and we drive down together

tommymac
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Ok so I'm in a cast now, worst case is that the cast is on and I just drive my truck down, if the 2 of you want I can just put your bikes in the back and we drive down together

We drive down to GA then we have to ride in so it looks like we rode all the way ;)

Tom

rogue
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
ChEaTeRs!!!!! redflip

:lol:

derf
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
We drive down to GA then we have to ride in so it looks like we rode all the way ;)

Tom

shhh dont tell anyone the plan

tommymac
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
ChEaTeRs!!!!! redflip

its only a crime if you get caught ;)

Tom

rogue
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
its only a crime if you get caught ;)

Tom

If Derf has to drive down, you'll be caught. There's no way you guys would pass up a chance to drive the 800 miles down instead of riding the bike! I know I wouldn't! :lmao:

I have before! I know better now! :lol:

tommymac
04-21-2009, 03:07 PM
If Derf has to drive down, you'll be caught. There's no way you guys would pass up a chance to drive the 800 miles down instead of riding the bike! I know I wouldn't! :lmao:

I have before! I know better now! :lol:

I am shocked and truly appaled that you would make such harsh accusations of our character. i am sure sixxer is just as upset about this as i am :lol:

Tom

NONE_too_SOFT
04-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Derf/Tommy...Thoughts??

PM me your route. I'll see what we can do.

Mr Lefty
04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Nts... When you going to head out? Ill be in tenn on the 2nd

NONE_too_SOFT
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
i donno really. i just know i have AT LEAST that thursday friday saturday sunday off. and then prolly some more on top of that.

Sixxxxer
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I am shocked and truly appaled that you would make such harsh accusations of our character. i am sure sixxer is just as upset about this as i am :lol:

Tom

Actually Part of me Really wants to Ride it...I mean If Derf is bringing a Cage than Ill just be able to throw my luggage in his truck...But I REALLY kind of want to ride it...Just to say to myself Hey I did it...BUT...

If the weather forecast looks gloomy for the ride down...Then yeah We can load up our shit and drive down...I just got in from a Rain filled ride home and let me say...Fuck that shit.

But its good to know Derf is going no matter what, that shows his true dedication.

Tommy what do you think?? I mean if you dont want to ride it thats fine with me...I Still have to ride from The Gap to the Outer banks so Ill still get PLENTY of seat time in.

derf
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I still may be riding, and right now I am gonna bring my helmet and jacket so at worst I can ride bitch foresomeone else, hopefully a chick so its not too gay

Sixxxxer
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Rouge has an open seat I hear :)

But yeah we got a few weeks still...we'll play it by ear and see how quick you heal up.

rogue
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Rogue may have an open back seat but Rogue doesn't ride anyone pillion because Rogue can't touch the ground! :rofl: The only way I'd consider riding someone 2up on my bike is if they can touch the ground from the back seat! :lol:

However, I will allow some people to ride my bike, with me riding 2up....with the stipulation, you crash you buy. ;)

derf
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
So my prediction of spooning with tommy might just come true

tommymac
04-22-2009, 06:51 AM
So my prediction of spooning with tommy might just come true

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I am def still game to ride down and kind awant to since its a big challenge.

Now to the this sucks part. This week is my easy week and have a few days off so I can get stuff done (provided the LL doesnt show up and I kill him) so last night I was looking at the bike and see more orange stuff around the chain. So now its gotta go, with me running close to 3k miles of touring and agressive riding comming up I dont want to risk it. My sprockets look prety good so I may just leave them for now.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Rogue may have an open back seat but Rogue doesn't ride anyone pillion because Rogue can't touch the ground! :rofl: The only way I'd consider riding someone 2up on my bike is if they can touch the ground from the back seat! :lol:

However, I will allow some people to ride my bike, with me riding 2up....with the stipulation, you crash you buy. ;)

Fucking Pillion Propaganda...And Your bike would technically sit lower with Someone on the back...

Tommy...I figure we'll just play it by ear and see how Quickly Derf recovers.

rogue
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Fucking Pillion Propaganda...And Your bike would technically sit lower with Someone on the back...

Tommy...I figure we'll just play it by ear and see how Quickly Derf recovers.

But not low enough for me to touch. Mini-Me gets on the bike and it doesn't move. It wouldn't squat when I rode pillion on my on bike before I lost weight either. :idk:

Sixxxxer
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
If you cant touch how do you Ride??

rogue
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
If you cant touch how do you Ride??

When I'm stopped, I lean the bike against the inside of my left thigh while holding her up with my left foot...errr...tip toe. :lol: She leans like she's sitting on her kickstand. :lol:

Sixxxxer
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
You know they Have these things called Lowering links right??

Even 2 inches would probably help you out.

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
You know they Have these things called Lowering links right??

Even 2 inches would probably help you out.

I've had lowering links on my bike. I've lowered her and I remade the seat myself. I didn't like it so I raised her back to stock height. I even took off the lowering links (traded my lowering links for the ex's stock links because he wanted to raise his) and put a new stock seat on her (it was free lol ). Before I did, I practiced putting one foot down until I was comfortable. I can tip toe on both sides if the ground is level. :lol:

I'm hard headed and don't like having a handicap. For the most part I do just fine without having the bike lowered. I have a couple of issues with steep inclines, but I usually work around those somehow. :lol:

Sixxxxer
04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Lol...Oi Oi Oi

tommymac
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Rogues short :nee:

Tom

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Just wait and see at the rally. I get laughed at all the time. :lol: That's when I always reply with "AT LEAST I RIDE, BIATCH!!" :rockwoot:

Sixxxxer
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
You should Ride SAFELY ;)

tommymac
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
my chains being shipped out today, hopefully i get it soon so I can swap it out before the rally:rockwoot:

Tom

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:24 PM
You should Ride SAFELY ;)

I do ride safely. :D I can hold the bike just fine with the ball of one foot down. If it will make you feel better, I'll try to remember to put both tip toes down whereever possible. redflip

My bike is light and I have fairly strong legs so it's easy for me hold her up. :D It's also important to have the right footwear. For me, I wear a boot that won't slip when I stop. Also, having something with a thick sole helps ALOT.

There's alot of women on this board (LauraLynne comes to mind first) who have a short inseam and ride their bikes at stock height. And don't get Azooomm started, even though she's tall. She's seen female racers that couldn't touch at all that still ride just fine at stock height. It's all a matter of what the rider feels comfortable doing. ;) Although I give Derf alot of shit because he's taller than me and his bike is lowered. :lol:

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
my chains being shipped out today, hopefully i get it soon so I can swap it out before the rally:rockwoot:

Tom

WooT!!!! You have two weeks! :lol:

Mine's a little rusty although I managed to knock some off when I had to fix my rear tire. A few days later I went riding with an old friend and a couple of his friends (people I've never ridden with before). I noticed their bikes were all shiny and pretty, except for the chain and theirs looked worse than mine. :skep: My bike may be dirty but my chain stays clean for the most part. The damn humidity here makes it hard to keep the rust off of it but considering everyone else's chains I've seen....mine is one of the cleanest. :D :lol:

tommymac
04-22-2009, 12:33 PM

Mine's a little rusty although I managed to knock some off when I had to fix my rear tire. A few days later I went riding with an old friend and a couple of his friends (people I've never ridden with before). I noticed their bikes were all shiny and pretty, except for the chain and theirs looked worse than mine. :skep: My bike may be dirty but my chain stays clean for the most part. The damn humidity here makes it hard to keep the rust off of it but considering everyone else's chains I've seen....mine is one of the cleanest. :D :lol:

When I took it out for my first rides I realy cleaned the chain, bike was under a cover in the carport all winter :( got most of the rust off then last night i gave it a good look and it looks more like the grease comming out of the o-rings so I wanted to replace it sooner as opposed to later. Only thing was this was an easy week for me so I had plenty of time to do it. Prolly wont get it untill early next week so I will squeeze it in when I can. I did finish the base for my no mar so now I can be a tire changing fool :lol:

And wtf happened to tire prices I see pilot powers are like 50 bucks a set more than last year :(

Tom

Trip
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
rogue, you should use your size to your advantage. Give em a scrotum punch at the rally.

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:41 PM
When I took it out for my first rides I realy cleaned the chain, bike was under a cover in the carport all winter :( got most of the rust off then last night i gave it a good look and it looks more like the grease comming out of the o-rings so I wanted to replace it sooner as opposed to later. Only thing was this was an easy week for me so I had plenty of time to do it. Prolly wont get it untill early next week so I will squeeze it in when I can. I did finish the base for my no mar so now I can be a tire changing fool :lol:

And wtf happened to tire prices I see pilot powers are like 50 bucks a set more than last year :(

Tom

Mine sits under a carport now too. I don't cover her because I learned a lesson with covering and humidity. It traps the moisture under the cover and causes the chain and other things to rust more quickly. I've noticed since I stopped covering her up, the chain especially seems to fair better.

As far as tire prices, I have no clue. Even the Road Attacks I purchased in January have gone up about $50 a set the last few months.

What's a no mar? And is anyone bringing some sort of air compressor/pump to the rally for just in case?

rogue
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
rogue, you should use your size to your advantage. Give em a scrotum punch at the rally.

:lmao: :lmao:

Guys (and girls) are lucky I'm not so evil. I've never intentionally nailed a guy in the crotch. I'm already a dirty fighter, but I just can't lower myself to that level. :lol:

True story: When I was about 16, my younger brother nailed me perfectly and dropped me to the floor. I couldn't breathe, my eyes teared up from the pain and all I could do was just lay there holding my crotch and gasping for breath. Now granted females aren't as sensitive as males, but after that experience I vowed I'd never ententionally low blow another human, except as a last resort in instances where it would be needed (rape, etc). :lol:

I've been told I'm a fool for being that way, but there's some sort of honor and dignity about fighting and not using such female tactics (including scratching and hair pulling, which I'm not prone to do either). :D

tommymac
04-22-2009, 03:31 PM
first off if rogue punches me in the nuts I wont let her play with my hair :lol:

I may have air in a tire repair kit in those co2 bottles just in case.

Tom

derf
04-22-2009, 06:23 PM

For her that would be considered a head butt

Phenix_Rider
04-22-2009, 06:49 PM

You laugh, but several of us could do that! :lol

Maxima Chain Wax. All the difference in the world. I've ridden in some nasty rain and not been able to clean my chain for days. No rust at all.

I try to keep my bike pretty- just don't look too close. It gets ridden every day that's halfway decent. At three years, it's starting to show a little age. Nothing like laugh lines to make a sexy woman though. :dthumb:

rogue
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
You laugh, but several of us could do that! :lol

Maxima Chain Wax. All the difference in the world. I've ridden in some nasty rain and not been able to clean my chain for days. No rust at all.

I try to keep my bike pretty- just don't look too close. It gets ridden every day that's halfway decent. At three years, it's starting to show a little age. Nothing like laugh lines to make a sexy woman though. :dthumb:

I know there's a few guys that can do that. Nothing looks funnier than to see 2 people riding on a bike and the one on the BACK is the one that puts their feet down at stops! :lmao: One of my old riding friends rode one of his friends 2up and they did that. :lol: Of course, almost everytime he took off or changed gears the front tire floated. :lol:

I use Maxima Chain Wax most times. I have another...Belray I think....but I mainly use the Maxima. :dthumb: I clean and wax my chain about once a week, depending upon how much I ride. :) It still has a little bit of rust on it I can't seem to knock off though. :scratch:

Riceaholic
04-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Mine sits under a carport now too. I don't cover her because I learned a lesson with covering and humidity. It traps the moisture under the cover and causes the chain and other things to rust more quickly. I've noticed since I stopped covering her up, the chain especially seems to fair better.

As far as tire prices, I have no clue. Even the Road Attacks I purchased in January have gone up about $50 a set the last few months.

What's a no mar? And is anyone bringing some sort of air compressor/pump to the rally for just in case?

I'll bring my air tank...

Phenix_Rider
04-23-2009, 07:48 AM
I'll bring my air tank...

...as in SCUBA? That would be hilarious- have to mount a snorkel and goggles over your helmet :rofl:

Sixxxxer
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Just dropped the Bike off for a Service and To put my new Rear tire on...After that Im good to go for the Rally!!!

Bring it on Bitches!!

tommymac
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Just dropped the Bike off for a Service and To put my new Rear tire on...After that Im good to go for the Rally!!!

Bring it on Bitches!!

Sweet, my chain shoudl arrive on monday so i will put it on next weekend and will inspect my rear tire before we go, and decide if I should swap it out. As of now it looks realy good but will be commuting and have a 300 plus mile ride planned for saturday.

Tom

derf
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I really need a new chain, and was planning on changing it before the rally, but thats not gonna happen. I think I will however be able to manage to do an oil change.

rogue
04-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I still need an oil change. I'll be getting that done sometime next week, depending on work.

tommymac
04-23-2009, 11:25 PM
next weekis prety tight for me but one of the guys wants to grab one or 2 of my shifts next week so I may give one up just to get some work done. Aside from the chain I have a few small things I want to do and just need a good day to knock it all out.

Tom

Phenix_Rider
04-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Anybody have experience installing emulators? I'm about to order a set, but need to be sure I can get them in before heading down for the rally.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Anybody have experience installing emulators? I'm about to order a set, but need to be sure I can get them in before heading down for the rally.

Cant help ya there, if I had more time i would attack my fork seals myself since I havent done them before. Times getting tight so its easier for me to pull them off and take them to a shop. Plus a tleast I know it will be done right.

tom

rogue
04-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Cant help ya there, if I had more time i would attack my fork seals myself since I havent done them before. Times getting tight so its easier for me to pull them off and take them to a shop. Plus a tleast I know it will be done right.

tom

Me and a friend done done my fork seals. Neither of us has any experience with replacing them either. It took us a little less than 3 hours from putting the bike on the stands to taking the bike off the stands. It wouldn't have taken us that long if we had the correct tool to shove the seal in the fork, but we had to make one using an idea another rider gave us. :lol:

I still have tons of last minute shit I need to do before the rally. Although the only one I need to do for the bike is an oil change. I'm hoping to get my filter and oil tomorrow but I also have alot of other shit I need to do tomorrow to.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Me and a friend done done my fork seals. Neither of us has any experience with replacing them either. It took us a little less than 3 hours from putting the bike on the stands to taking the bike off the stands. It wouldn't have taken us that long if we had the correct tool to shove the seal in the fork, but we had to make one using an idea another rider gave us. :lol:

I still have tons of last minute shit I need to do before the rally. Although the only one I need to do for the bike is an oil change. I'm hoping to get my filter and oil tomorrow but I also have alot of other shit I need to do tomorrow to.

I still have a few smaller things to do and need to hit target for a few odds and ends (batteries, sunscreen etc...) but I think I am covered on most of the bigger stuff and just need to pack everything.

tom

rogue
04-27-2009, 12:52 AM
I still have a few smaller things to do and need to hit target for a few odds and ends (batteries, sunscreen etc...) but I think I am covered on most of the bigger stuff and just need to pack everything.

tom

Damn. I didn't think about sunscreen. I really need to pick up some more batteries for my MP3 Player too. And some raingear.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Damn. I didn't think about sunscreen. I really need to pick up some more batteries for my MP3 Player too. And some raingear.

i will need batteries for my camera and flashlight. I may try to order headphones this week and try using them on the ride down and back. my biggest concern now is just getting the forks done if the shop has to order the seals. I will def pay extra to get them overnighted if need be. I am sure i am forgetting other stuff. we already have a small travel bag for toiletires that we used for track days and stuff so thats already done, but I am sure i will wind up forgetting something.

tom

rogue
04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Awww....fuck! I need to find some of those travel sized toiletries myself! There's no way I'm bringing my huge bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc!

I guess I need to make a list!

And if you haven't thought about it, bring some insect repellent! (something else I just thought of :lol: )

tommymac
04-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Awww....fuck! I need to find some of those travel sized toiletries myself! There's no way I'm bringing my huge bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc!

I guess I need to make a list!

And if you haven't thought about it, bring some insect repellent! (something else I just thought of :lol: )

good call, I will see what I can do with that. i am also going to try to get a small can of plexus or some other cleaner and some wipes for my visor. I have a small can of chain lube I am going to bring too. its not as good as the motul but its in a small can.

I also want to make sure I can fit a few beers into all my stuff too :rockwoot:

Tom

rogue
04-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Don't forget my bottle of Rogue Ale! :D :D :D

tommymac
04-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Don't forget my bottle of Rogue Ale! :D :D :D

you want the dead guy ale? they have a bunch of other good beers. I have a bottle of their 06 imperial stout at home, that i wont share though :lol:

tom

Phenix_Rider
04-27-2009, 07:28 AM

About a 2' piece of PVC pipe? :lol: That's what I plan to use. The only thing that worries me at all is drilling the damper rods and getting the forks back together (in the triples) straight.

Tommy- you sure it will be done right? :idk: I trust myself a lot more than ANY shop I've been to.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 08:32 AM
About a 2' piece of PVC pipe? :lol: That's what I plan to use. The only thing that worries me at all is drilling the damper rods and getting the forks back together (in the triples) straight.

Tommy- you sure it will be done right? :idk: I trust myself a lot more than ANY shop I've been to.

This is one shop I have 100% faith in I am very friendly with both mechanics and everytime we go to the shop we are always bs ing about bikes music and everything else. These guys also race on dirt and roadcourses. They deal with ducati, triumph, aprilia and BMW so they def know their shit. They also have some rather wealthy clientele so they def need to be on point.

Tom

ericr
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Yeah, good idea! With all the rain we've had the mosquitos are aweful around here this year!!

rogue
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM

That's what we used but we had to cut the pipe to make it fit. Our problem arose in finding something to cut it. :lol:

We didn't do any drilling on the rods so I can't help you there. Getting the front end back together was really easy on my bike. Everything pretty much fits only one way on mine. Take pics and notes if you have to. It helps. :)

rogue
04-27-2009, 06:34 PM
you want the dead guy ale? they have a bunch of other good beers. I have a bottle of their 06 imperial stout at home, that i wont share though :lol:

tom

Yeah. :lol:

Just pick an inexpensive one and bring it. If the Chocolate Stout isn't expensive, bring that. If not, I'll be happy with the Dead Guy Ale. No Brutal Bitter or Younger's Special Bitter (yes, I've been looking at the website :lol:) :D

tommymac
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Dead guy will work then and I need a few fo rmyself now. I just got the forks off, and I dont look forward to reinstalling them. The left seal is prety much shot I was surprised to see how much fluid there is on the tube. So tomorrow evening I will get them to the shop and get that started. to add to my misery i need a new inspeection, my sticker got destroyed durring the removal :(

Phenix_Rider
04-27-2009, 09:32 PM
That's what we used but we had to cut the pipe to make it fit. Our problem arose in finding something to cut it. :lol:

We didn't do any drilling on the rods so I can't help you there. Getting the front end back together was really easy on my bike. Everything pretty much fits only one way on mine. Take pics and notes if you have to. It helps. :)
Did you take pics? I'm sure there's a maintenance section somewhere here that's begging for a writeup.

Yeah. :lol:

Just pick an inexpensive one and bring it. If the Chocolate Stout isn't expensive, bring that. If not, I'll be happy with the Dead Guy Ale. No Brutal Bitter or Younger's Special Bitter (yes, I've been looking at the website :lol:) :D

That sounds good :drool: I've only seen had the Dead Guy and a couple Magic Hats.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Did you take pics? I'm sure there's a maintenance section somewhere here that's begging for a writeup.

That sounds good :drool: I've only seen had the Dead Guy and a couple Magic Hats.

Which magic hat, we have most of their stuff around here ;)

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-28-2009, 08:24 PM
NYC must be tough...My shit isnt inspected and I have yet to have any issues with it al at all.

I dont think Inspection will be an issue on our long journey to GA Lol

tommymac
04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
NYC must be tough...My shit isnt inspected and I have yet to have any issues with it al at all.

I dont think Inspection will be an issue on our long journey to GA Lol

I have to get out of NYC and city hwy loves to break balls so I will get it done before I go. I may ask the guys at the shop if I coul dget a new sticker at least since it was good for the month of may. Once out of NY I figure it wouldnt be a problem but I have to traverse brooklyn and SI first. Not to worry, I may be a bit frazzled but will get everything done. Plus i now have an excuse to go beer shopping for some dead guy ale

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Lol...I just get nervous something will happen and ill be riding this whole thign by myself...With Derf hurt and your bike being worked on a week and a half before we leave...

But i got faith...:)

tommymac
04-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Lol...I just get nervous something will happen and ill be riding this whole thign by myself...With Derf hurt and your bike being worked on a week and a half before we leave...

But i got faith...:)

Worst case I will buy a new one, break it in on the way down, then change the oil on thurs and be good to go :dthumb:

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Buy a new what...Bike??!!

Mr Lefty
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Buy a new what...Bike??!!

yeah... duh! :screwy:

Sixxxxer
04-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Thats just crazy...I mean I know hes probably kidding but...Jesus!

tommymac
04-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Thats just crazy...I mean I know hes probably kidding but...Jesus!

Am I ;) I have been looking for a justified excuse for a new ride for a while, plus a buddy crashed his bike this weekend and is in the market for a new one.

All this pre trip insanity is nothing new for me, most of my other long trips and trackdays are usualy chock full of last minute chaos and scrambling ot get the job done. I already sorted out some contingencey plans if there are delays with the fork seals. They told me I should have them by the weekend and are well aware of my time situation. Fortunatley next weeks schedule isnt too bad. Working in the ER mon night, off tues, working a job site on wed, go home nap for 3 hrs and hit the road :dthumb:

Tom

derf
04-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Tommy, bring your cast saw. I had to cancel my appointment with my doc for thursday cuz I came down to fla, now I cant get another apointment until this tuesday, with the expectation of getting the cast off on friday. I'm also going to need some castmaterials so I can make myself a hand brace for riding.

How do grinding or metal cutting wheels do vs cast materials.

tommymac
04-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Tommy, bring your cast saw. I had to cancel my appointment with my doc for thursday cuz I came down to fla, now I cant get another apointment until this tuesday, with the expectation of getting the cast off on friday. I'm also going to need some castmaterials so I can make myself a hand brace for riding.

How do grinding or metal cutting wheels do vs cast materials.

It will cut right thru plaster, problem is it will cut right thru your arm too. A cast saw will cut plaster but not the skin. It doesnt spin but moves back and forth at a high rate of speed. I always show patients that it wont cut yuo on my own arm so they feel better.

I highly doubt I iwll be able to get it out of the hospital but we can use other stuff to take it off.

Tom

derf
04-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I'll let you know whats going on. I am taking xrays tuesday and I'm gonna threaten the nurses that I'll cut it off myself if I dont talk to the docs.

tommymac
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll let you know whats going on. I am taking xrays tuesday and I'm gonna threaten the nurses that I'll cut it off myself if I dont talk to the docs.

Usualy that will get them to do it so you dont hack up your arm ;)

Early weather forecasts looking kinda sucky for leaving up here. 30% chance of rain, hopefully it improves over the next few days. Looks better down in GA though.

lastly what time are we meeting up in deleware?

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Usualy that will get them to do it so you dont hack up your arm ;)

Early weather forecasts looking kinda sucky for leaving up here. 30% chance of rain, hopefully it improves over the next few days. Looks better down in GA though.

lastly what time are we meeting up in deleware?

Tom

Weather in my opinion is still A lil to far out to be calling it...BUT...If its suppossed to be wet when we leave I'd like to either leave earlier or later...Depending on who wants to do what...That call will have to be made basically wednesday later into the night...once I get a grasp on what the skies look like.

I was thinking meet up in DE around Midnight?? Get situated say hi to each figure out the plan of attack...say a prayer and hit the road.

tommymac
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Weather in my opinion is still A lil to far out to be calling it...BUT...If its suppossed to be wet when we leave I'd like to either leave earlier or later...Depending on who wants to do what...That call will have to be made basically wednesday later into the night...once I get a grasp on what the skies look like.

I was thinking meet up in DE around Midnight?? Get situated say hi to each figure out the plan of attack...say a prayer and hit the road.

I agree on the weather, we will see as the week goes on. Also we need to see how it looks further south. It may be bad here but get better as we go south. I think midnight will work for me too, that way I will leave NYC around 9:30 or 10pm to get down there in time.

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah...Def. Its way far away to predict...But the 10 day outlook shows the Bottom edge of Delaware with scattered showers...so If it holds true to that forecast it will A. be scattered showers...which I can deal with...and B. once we get to MD it should be clear...Keyword SHOULD be.

But Weather changes like girls Panties...So Ill be keeping an eye on it closer towards our depature...

I got faith we'll be good to go.

Sixxxxer
04-30-2009, 09:27 AM
See...now the weather is calling for No rain and Sun the Day we leave...

I figure this time next thursday we'll be somehwere in GA...Closing in on the Lodge!!!

rogue
04-30-2009, 10:09 AM

I figure this time next thursday we'll be somehwere in GA...Closing in on the Lodge!!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Stop worrying about the weather so much right now. It's really too early to tell shit. And when you get down south, it's never correct anyway :lol:

Sixxxxer
04-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh i know all to well...I live in FL for two years...home of the ten min thunderstorm...then sunny skies all day

rogue
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Oh i know all to well...I live in FL for two years...home of the ten min thunderstorm...then sunny skies all day

Home of Liquid Sunshine! :lol:

Sixxxxer
04-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Yes Mam...Lol

FUCK IM ANSTY!!!!

rogue
04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes Mam...Lol

FUCK IM ANSTY!!!!

You and me both! Is it next Thursday yet???? :lol:

I still need to change the oil. I have a few other last minute things to do but can't do them until either Sunday or Monday now. Also, I need to get with my brother this evening and see if Amorok and I can crash at his place Wednesday night. If not, we may have to stay at a hotel nearby due to repair work being done here.

ericr
04-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I got my new rear tire in today and the guys are going to mount it for me...guess I'll pay for it later :D I put a take off bridgstone from a Statoliner on the front the other day but I'm not real sure of it so I'm getting a new front in tomorrow too. I should do an oil change too, guess I can take care of that this weekend. Then all I have to do is pack Wed evening.

tommymac
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM

I hops so, I need these fuggers to finish my forks so I can start gettin shit done here.

Tom

rogue
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I still have my oil change to do. I need to pick up the oil filter. I was going to pick it up today but right now I'm kind of stuck at the house. Blah.

I need to raid Mini-Me's closet at her dad's for MY clothes she's stolen from me. She took my good jeans (as in my riding jeans) and a shirt or two. She's always stealing my shit.

I have a couple of odds and ends to tie up. Hopefully it will be done before I leave.

derf
04-30-2009, 11:13 PM
I gotta change my chain, oil, and cut off the cast. And I'm 99% sure I'm gonna drive my truck with the bike in the back, although I'm still planning on making the trip down there with tommy and sixxer

tommymac
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Forecast for wed/thurs up here is improving so we should have a good ride down. Now lets all pray I get my forks back by tomorrow at the latest:panic: that way i have monday and some of sunday to get it all done.

I may have to try to bang out of my shift on wed if things get messy on the bike front.

Tom

rogue
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
It was showing 60% chance of thunderstorms for Thursday morning here, but now it's only 20%! Of course, that means it WILL rain some. :lol:

I finally ordered some rain gear for the trip. Before then it was showing tons of rain in the forcast. Now that I have rain gear, it shouldn't rain. :lol:

tommymac
05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
It was showing 60% chance of thunderstorms for Thursday morning here, but now it's only 20%! Of course, that means it WILL rain some. :lol:

I finally ordered some rain gear for the trip. Before then it was showing tons of rain in the forcast. Now that I have rain gear, it shouldn't rain. :lol:

thats why i am packing mine, in hopes we wont need it.

Tom

tommymac
05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
yee hah forks are done, may pick em up today if I get otu of here early otherwise I will head up tomorrow ot get them and begin reassembly :dthumb:

Tom

rogue
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
yee hah forks are done, may pick em up today if I get otu of here early otherwise I will head up tomorrow ot get them and begin reassembly :dthumb:

Tom

:rockwoot:

I just picked up my oil filter so I'll be changing the oil either Sunday evening or Monday when I'm off work.

I also got my raingear in! :D

tommymac
05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
:rockwoot:

I just picked up my oil filter so I'll be changing the oil either Sunday evening or Monday when I'm off work.

I also got my raingear in! :D

Sweet. I was goin gto order some earphones but thye prolly wont arrive in time so I may go check out best buy and see waht they have. I also still need to hit target. I also got a real nice LED flashlight up here at the jobsite. I will see if I can snag a few more for you guys.

Tom

rogue
05-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Sweet. I was goin gto order some earphones but thye prolly wont arrive in time so I may go check out best buy and see waht they have. I also still need to hit target. I also got a real nice LED flashlight up here at the jobsite. I will see if I can snag a few more for you guys.

Tom

Nice :lol:

I wear skull candy and they aren't that expensive. I found them at Best Buy. One of the few sets I've found that don't hurt my ears. :lol:

Did you get any insect repellent yet? I found some at Wall Mart that's 40% deet. That's the strongest I've found. If you need me to, I'll swing by and pick up a can of it for you. Wait...you're like a giant. You may need two cans. Or even three! :lol:

Phenix_Rider
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I need to find some earplugs. Normally don't wear them, but my helmet seems to be getting noisier... and that is a long ride. The cheap foam ones drive me nuts- they rub on the liner of my helmet and transmit more noise than they block.

rogue
05-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I need to find some earplugs. Normally don't wear them, but my helmet seems to be getting noisier... and that is a long ride. The cheap foam ones drive me nuts- they rub on the liner of my helmet and transmit more noise than they block.

Try any gun shops. They usually have kick ass ear plugs. :dthumb:

Sixxxxer
05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I gotta change my chain, oil, and cut off the cast. And I'm 99% sure I'm gonna drive my truck with the bike in the back, although I'm still planning on making the trip down there with tommy and sixxer

Word...I think youll be able to keep up with us fine...Its a long ride so Like I said...not gonna kill myself trying to cannonball run the damn thing...Plus you have GPS...I have No fucking Clue where Im going...Lol

Forecast for wed/thurs up here is improving so we should have a good ride down. Now lets all pray I get my forks back by tomorrow at the latest:panic: that way i have monday and some of sunday to get it all done.

I may have to try to bang out of my shift on wed if things get messy on the bike front.

Tom

I dont have time to order rain gear...so Fuck it...I'm gonna bring some makeshift shit to try and help just in case...Good look on the forks...Im gonna go buy some new jeans today some new headphones and some little shit for my trip...then Pack my tailbag and get shit ready to go!!!

Im Pumped.

tommymac
05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Word...I think youll be able to keep up with us fine...Its a long ride so Like I said...not gonna kill myself trying to cannonball run the damn thing...Plus you have GPS...I have No fucking Clue where Im going...Lol

I dont have time to order rain gear...so Fuck it...I'm gonna bring some makeshift shit to try and help just in case...Good look on the forks...Im gonna go buy some new jeans today some new headphones and some little shit for my trip...then Pack my tailbag and get shit ready to go!!!

Im Pumped.

Want me to bring the jacket I have, at least it will keep the upper body covered.

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Want me to bring the jacket I have, at least it will keep the upper body covered.

Tom

Only if you have the room...If not...Dont sweat it...Maybe Me not bringing any will be good luck!!??

Phenix_Rider
05-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Try any gun shops. They usually have kick ass ear plugs. :dthumb:

Went to Dunham's last night. They have Frogg Toggs- $50- I might pick up a set, but I really hate the thought of rain gear flapping around. My overpants do a great job with cold or rain, just not so well in heat.

Looked at their earplugs too- lots of 25/26dB plugs. Most of them simply stick out too far, but I found some moldable silicon putty things I decided I'll try. They're rated 22dB, and should be able to get them flat enough they aren't irritating.

tommymac
05-02-2009, 10:02 AM
made some good headway this morning. Forks are on and the whole front end is back together :dthumb: now i just need to bleed the brakes, swap the chain and check a quick thing under the dash then we can get it over to inspection on mon or tues. I jist hope work isnt too bad th enext few nights. last night was flat out brutal and I had 2 medical students I wanted to beat the snot out of then set them on fire. tonight and monday night dont bode well for me with the docs that are on so I will hope for the best.

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Good to hear Tommy...I picked up a Set of Sont Headphones...but Damn these things work great (So far) They mold into my ear really well...Gotta see how they fare with putting a helmt on but I think theyll do great...And there soft I had them in for like an hour last night and they didnt hurt at all...Granted I wasnt wearing my helmet but even my old headphones hurt after a few mins of wearing them.

Getting the Tailbag packed...Went to wal mart for my travel sized toilitries and shit...Picked up a Mini Mag light, and Some Zip Ties, Duct Tap and Bug Reppeelent as well as the other shit I bought...Just need to get a few more things, and Im straight...

Tommy you have a tool/tire kit your bringing right?? And I think Derf is most likely bringing the truck so Im sure he has tools in that thing...

Fuck Im excited and I still have 5 days left till we leave.

tommymac
05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Good to hear Tommy...I picked up a Set of Sont Headphones...but Damn these things work great (So far) They mold into my ear really well...Gotta see how they fare with putting a helmt on but I think theyll do great...And there soft I had them in for like an hour last night and they didnt hurt at all...Granted I wasnt wearing my helmet but even my old headphones hurt after a few mins of wearing them.

Getting the Tailbag packed...Went to wal mart for my travel sized toilitries and shit...Picked up a Mini Mag light, and Some Zip Ties, Duct Tap and Bug Reppeelent as well as the other shit I bought...Just need to get a few more things, and Im straight...

Tommy you have a tool/tire kit your bringing right?? And I think Derf is most likely bringing the truck so Im sure he has tools in that thing...

Fuck Im excited and I still have 5 days left till we leave.

I will see about getting a tire repair kit as well, I think it was on my list but kinda slipped my mind. I iwll check the auto parts stores tomorrow, or I will order one from aerostich or something and have it shipped via 2 day express or something. That way its here by wednesday. I may still bring some tools just in case. Most bikes need 10 and 12 mm sizes, the damn priller has a lot of stuff thats 11 and 13 mm:idk:

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I can get together a tool kit...i know my bike takes mostly 10 and 12MM...And I looked into a tire repair kit at wal mart but i didnt know what would work for a motorcycle application....I didnt see anything specifically for Motorcycles...But I figured I wasnt going to since most people say not to patch/plug our tires...

Derf is probably still homeward bound but If hes bringing the truck maybe it would be a good idea for us to fill up one or two gas cans Just in case we misjudge our fuel stops??? Im just trying to take every pre caution neccessary.

Im excited as fuck tho.

tommymac
05-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I can get together a tool kit...i know my bike takes mostly 10 and 12MM...And I looked into a tire repair kit at wal mart but i didnt know what would work for a motorcycle application....I didnt see anything specifically for Motorcycles...But I figured I wasnt going to since most people say not to patch/plug our tires...

Derf is probably still homeward bound but If hes bringing the truck maybe it would be a good idea for us to fill up one or two gas cans Just in case we misjudge our fuel stops??? Im just trying to take every pre caution neccessary.

Im excited as fuck tho.

great idea on the gas cans. I will get a tire repair kit so dont worry about that. I think for headphones I will hit best buy or something and bring my helmet and see how they fit over it. Plus we can make stops for beer since derf will have room.

Tom

ericr
05-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I got my rear tire mounted, the front didn't come in Fri though it shipped so it should be here Tue so I can get it mounted then. If not, the take off I put on there last week is good enough, just don't know it it'll be as sticky as the Metzlers are.

Anyway, I knew my flange bearings were getting a little rough last time I changed my rear tire and I almost put off worrying about it this time and waiting till after the rally. I'm glad I decided to pull the flange off the wheel and check the inner bearing too....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/erush69/bearings.jpg

It's was looking a little rough :panic: Most of the balls were still in it, sorta, but it was shredded and came apart when I knocked it out. Got 2 new sealed bearings in now so that's good to go. Forgot to pick up oil while I was in town yesterday so I'll get that tomorow and change it tomorrow evening. Either way I'm good to go now though :dthumb:

derf
05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
OK boys I think my travel plans might be changing. I might have to shoot into brooklyn on wed afternoon/night for a funeral viewing. I'm still gonna leave in the middle of the night with you, but I wont be able to get any sleep at all that afternoon, so there is no way I'm gonna make the drive all the way in 1 shot.

In fact what I might do is start driving down myself until I get tired then text you where I am and when you make it that far wake me up and we will finish the ride together. I don't know what I'm doing yet, I have to wait and see before I make any decisions, but right now thats what I'm leaning towards.

Unless either one of you has a trailer then i can meet tommy in brooklyn, pick sixxer up on the way back down and we just do the drive that way. I also think I may be able to borrow a trailer from someone here in NJ, but I don't am not sure, I cant get in touch with the guy.

Anyone in NJ have a trailer I can borrow?

tommymac
05-03-2009, 09:54 PM
OK boys I think my travel plans might be changing. I might have to shoot into brooklyn on wed afternoon/night for a funeral viewing. I'm still gonna leave in the middle of the night with you, but I wont be able to get any sleep at all that afternoon, so there is no way I'm gonna make the drive all the way in 1 shot.

In fact what I might do is start driving down myself until I get tired then text you where I am and when you make it that far wake me up and we will finish the ride together. I don't know what I'm doing yet, I have to wait and see before I make any decisions, but right now thats what I'm leaning towards.

Unless either one of you has a trailer then i can meet tommy in brooklyn, pick sixxer up on the way back down and we just do the drive that way. I also think I may be able to borrow a trailer from someone here in NJ, but I don't am not sure, I cant get in touch with the guy.

Anyone in NJ have a trailer I can borrow?

I am still inclined to make the ride down, and would go for meeting up with you somewhere down south. I guess we can see what sixxer wants to do and figure it out from there once your plans become more definite.

Tom

derf
05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok, for now, this looks like it will be my route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=New+Jersey+08022&daddr=suches+ga&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.080837,93.164063&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

derf
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh yeh and I'm gnna go through my tool boxes and gonna consolidate them into one box with one of each tool ( I have like 10 socket sets mixed together), plus a crate or so of power tools so that we can pretty much do any repairs that we need to do down there.

tommymac
05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Ok, for now, this looks like it will be my route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=New+Jersey+08022&daddr=suches+ga&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.080837,93.164063&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

I think thats our route too, I know were going 66 to 81 and going south.

Tom

derf
05-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeh it looks like the best route to me, avoids DC traffic, most miles on highways, and through fairly unpopulated areas

tommymac
05-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeh it looks like the best route to me, avoids DC traffic, most miles on highways, and through fairly unpopulated areas

yeppers. I also have the mapquest route printed just in case. I guess as it gets closer let us know how wed will be shaping up for you. I still got a ton of stuff to do and to top it off will be battling the LL over some stuff. gonna be a fun 2 days thats for sure.

tom

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Im with Tommy...I want to Ride it...I dunno just somethign to tell myself I have accomplished in life...Plus Im kinda excited to do it...If you want to let us know where you are thats perfectly fine...We should be good to go for the most part...Tommy I assume you have a good idea fo where we need to go without using a GPS or looking at Directions the whole way???

But as stated...Let us know for sure what your plans are...As of right now Im set to meet Tommy over the DE Memorial Bridge around 12 Midnight Wednesday Night...Then we will set out from there.

tommymac
05-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Im with Tommy...I want to Ride it...I dunno just somethign to tell myself I have accomplished in life...Plus Im kinda excited to do it...If you want to let us know where you are thats perfectly fine...We should be good to go for the most part...Tommy I assume you have a good idea fo where we need to go without using a GPS or looking at Directions the whole way???

But as stated...Let us know for sure what your plans are...As of right now Im set to meet Tommy over the DE Memorial Bridge around 12 Midnight Wednesday Night...Then we will set out from there.

I just have the mapquest directions. what I can do is charge up and bring my gps, it has about 4 hrs of use on a charge. I figure there are a few big chunks of hwy riding so thats rather easy but theres some turns in GA so we will need to keep a closer eye on things. I figure by then we will have all met up and we can put the gps in derfs truck if he doesnt have one.

tom

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Got ya...I was gonna print out a set to just to have as well...And Its looking light it might be somewhat wet on the ride down...Which Im hoping is Scattered showers and nto Rain the whole way...but whatever, Im in for whatever gets thrown at me...As much as I HATE rain riding...if its not Poouring Ill be ok. And the forecast will probably change six more times before we actually leave.

Im all packed...Its on the bike but Im gonna re secure the tailbag...I was rushing before work today and didnt tie things down like I wanted to...I gotta get some longer Bungees and I should be good to go...Just waiting on Wednesday to get here.

And I belive Derf has a GPS.

Also...Anyone ever used Rain x on there Visor??? I was thinking of getting some to help with the Wet stuff incase It does rain...

Nvm...I found a Product that got decent reviews...Call Nikwax...Gonna pick it up at an LL Bean tommorrow before work...

tommymac
05-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Got ya...I was gonna print out a set to just to have as well...And Its looking light it might be somewhat wet on the ride down...Which Im hoping is Scattered showers and nto Rain the whole way...but whatever, Im in for whatever gets thrown at me...As much as I HATE rain riding...if its not Poouring Ill be ok. And the forecast will probably change six more times before we actually leave.

Im all packed...Its on the bike but Im gonna re secure the tailbag...I was rushing before work today and didnt tie things down like I wanted to...I gotta get some longer Bungees and I should be good to go...Just waiting on Wednesday to get here.

And I belive Derf has a GPS.

Also...Anyone ever used Rain x on there Visor??? I was thinking of getting some to help with the Wet stuff incase It does rain...

Nvm...I found a Product that got decent reviews...Call Nikwax...Gonna pick it up at an LL Bean tommorrow before work...

I also go tthos elittle rubber wiper blade type things you put on your left thumb so i will put an extra one in my bag just in case :dthumb:

man I got a long 2 days ahraed of me here with packing and getting ready.

tom

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Thats awesome...Thanks Again...I got a makeshift rain gear setup...Mesh type pants to wear over my jeans and my medium weight jacket that repels water pretty good...Running to the store now to get that Nikwax...and Look for some waterproof gloves...Fuck this last minute shit...Lol

Every forecast I see is saying Scattered showers for wednesday night...so I think the further south we get the better the weather will get ( I hope )

tommymac
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Thats awesome...Thanks Again...I got a makeshift rain gear setup...Mesh type pants to wear over my jeans and my medium weight jacket that repels water pretty good...Running to the store now to get that Nikwax...and Look for some waterproof gloves...Fuck this last minute shit...Lol

Every forecast I see is saying Scattered showers for wednesday night...so I think the further south we get the better the weather will get ( I hope )

I think we will be ok the way its looking. Made some progress today, chain is all put back togetherand I will get the bike inspected tomorrow. The LL came over and we had it out again so that killed some of my day. I did however manage to run some errands and more importantly get the beer.

So tomorrow I get the bike inspected and do a good once over and finish packing.

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Beer is good...I have some room in ym tail bag...i could fit a bottle or two...the side comparments are empty and Im all packed...but anyway...Bought some wind/waterproof gloves just in case...it looks like its gonna be hoovering around 50-55 when we leave DE...so hopefully it will get warmer as we get further south.

rogue
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
What type of gear will you guys be wearing/bringing to the rally? For the last couple of weeks I've been riding to work with my leather in hopes of conditioning myself to riding in leather as opposed to mesh. It didn't work well, so I'm wearing my beater mesh jacket (I've been down in it). I can't deal with the humidity in the leather even at higher speeds. It's like it saps my strength!

I am bringing an extra pair of gloves though.

As far as alcohol, IIRC, Eric is supposed to be scouting nearby places that we can purchase alcohol. I figure if we ride in a group, taking a bag each with us, we can get plenty of alcohol back to the lodge. :D

Ninjakel
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Steph, I'd really advise leather.

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Icon Boots, Jeans, Mesh Jacket, A Star Gloves...My Mesh Jacket has very good armor...But It keeps me warmer than my Leather jacket...I dunno I might just wear my leather jacket anyway and Bundle up with a hoodie underneath it.

Mr Lefty
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM
DO NOT USE RAIN-X on your visor... I don't know about once or twice... but it will discolor the plastic. if you look at the bottle it says keep off plastic.

I used some stuff called TT-clear... didn't work as well as advertised... as long as you clean your visor at each gas stop... you'll be good... just turn your head side to side and the water will clear itself.

try not to get behind cars/trucks... the mist they kick up has alot of grime in it. that shit doesn't come off cept when you wipe it down.

Sixxxxer
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
DO NOT USE RAIN-X on your visor... I don't know about once or twice... but it will discolor the plastic. if you look at the bottle it says keep off plastic.

I used some stuff called TT-clear... didn't work as well as advertised... as long as you clean your visor at each gas stop... you'll be good... just turn your head side to side and the water will clear itself.

try not to get behind cars/trucks... the mist they kick up has alot of grime in it. that shit doesn't come off cept when you wipe it down.

Yeah I didnt use Rain x...I got this Stuff Called Nikwax...Its safe for plastic...Put on a coat and ran it under the sink water...beaded off fairly good...Any little bit helps.

Thanks tho!!! Hows that ankle??

derf
05-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I think we will be ok the way its looking. Made some progress today, chain is all put back togetherand I will get the bike inspected tomorrow. The LL came over and we had it out again so that killed some of my day. I did however manage to run some errands and more importantly get the beer.

So tomorrow I get the bike inspected and do a good once over and finish packing.

Tom

If you have anything you want me to bring I will be in Brooklyn on 92nd and Flatlands in Canarcie wed night until 9, you can meet me there and I'll throw it in my truck. The truck will be packed tuesday night so I can leave for work on wed then straight to the funeral after.

I am going to go through my tool boxes tonight after I finish packing my gear and clothers so i will be bringing an ample set of tools and power tools.

Beer is good...I have some room in ym tail bag...i could fit a bottle or two...the side comparments are empty and Im all packed...but anyway...Bought some wind/waterproof gloves just in case...it looks like its gonna be hoovering around 50-55 when we leave DE...so hopefully it will get warmer as we get further south.

BEER!!! I can fit a keg or ten in my truck, more if I have a trailer.

And yes I do have GPS's tom tom and magellan

derf
05-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Pretty much all packed up and ready to go, just need to put my clothes into the car (after I find some socks), find my gauntlet gloves, and load my biek up

Sixxxxer
05-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Bike is Done...Just put the Rain cover on and bungeed it all down tight...Now I just need Wednesday to get here!!!

rogue
05-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm still going through shit and packing up. I'm putting everything I can into zip lock bags just in case it does rain on the way there.

Sixxxxer
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah I didnt do that...But its all clothes for me...and they can dry...Plus my rain cover for my Luggage seems to fit decent.

rogue
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm just doing it as a precaution. My bag comes with a rain cover too. When I rode from Fort Worth to here a couple of years ago, all I had was a backpack and nothing covering it. It rained it's ass off on me. Surprisingly just a couple of things were a little damp but everything else was dry.

tommymac
05-05-2009, 06:35 AM
I am going to bring it anyway but I can prolly shoehorn all my stuff into the hard bags and my tank bag. but I will toss some extra stuff in the tail bag just ot weigh it down, plus I have a rain cover for it whereas my hard bags arent quite waterproof.

Tom

Phenix_Rider
05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, I had planned to change the oil and bleed the brakes on the bike last night. Instead I changed the starter on my truck- in the rain in Advance' parking lot. :zowned:

I'm going to wear my leather overpants and leather jacket, and maybe the Vertigos that came in yesterday :rockout: Track gear (pants especially) just isn't comfortable for very long.

I have one saddlebag packed. Looks like all I'll have is my saddlebags and a sleeping bag on top.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Well, I had planned to change the oil and bleed the brakes on the bike last night. Instead I changed the starter on my truck- in the rain in Advance' parking lot. :zowned:

I'm going to wear my leather overpants and leather jacket, and maybe the Vertigos that came in yesterday :rockout: Track gear (pants especially) just isn't comfortable for very long.

I have one saddlebag packed. Looks like all I'll have is my saddlebags and a sleeping bag on top.

I always but my 2 piece together for long trips. the suit is built in the riding position, and never gives me any problems while ON the bike... trying to swing a leg over w/ the pack on the bike is another story.

What's ur route look like?

Riceaholic
05-05-2009, 12:49 PM

I know I sait it before, but just a reminder. If any of you guys wanna lighten the load, I'm trailering up and I'm gonna get supplies tomorrow so if any of you need anything you don't want to carry, please let me know. I have plenty of room. I'm leaving Wednesday night so give me a list...

rogue
05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I forgoed packing crap in zip lock bags. It started becoming a PITA doing it and my little bag doesn't expand as much as I thought it would. I barely got 5 changes of clothes with an extra long sleeve shirt in there. :lol:

derf
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
CAST IS OFF!!!

But I'm still in a splint, I should be able to ride, but my hand is very stiff and atraphy has already taken its toll. There is no way in hell I'm gonna be able to make the ride, however, my bike fits very nicely on the back of my truck.

Just waiting for the rain to stop before I load it up.

Add to that I am not even going to attempt to put the chain on right now, I'll leave it in the box till I get to GA and let all you strong boys do it for me

Riceaholic
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Just got off the phone with mu buddy Shane from Tennessee. He's gonna meet us at TWO on Friday and ride back to the gap on Sunday. He lives right near 129 and has a lot of good routes around there.

Sixxxxer
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Well the Forecast is looking Damp...But either way I think me and Tommy are gonna tough it out and roll with whatever mother nature throws at us.

Tommy you have a No ride clause Like tigger or are we all systems go no matter what its like outside??

tommymac
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Well the Forecast is looking Damp...But either way I think me and Tommy are gonna tough it out and roll with whatever mother nature throws at us.

Tommy you have a No ride clause Like tigger or are we all systems go no matter what its like outside??

All systems go here. Figure were droning of fhrs on hwys for most of the night so thats no biggie. I will monitor things tomorrow to see where the precip is, we may go for an earlier or later start depending on how things look. Seems like most of this rain is from the south going north so hopefully we pass through it quickly.

Got a few extra sweatshirts and gloves too. Rain is one thing but being cold and wet flat out sucks.

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Sounds good...I was going to suggest possibly having you ride down to my house if the weather was going to cause a problem and delay our start time...but It'd have to be pretty bad for me to not ride out in it.

You got my number...and I have work till 3...Possibly getting done earlier than that so if you wanna jump the gun and head out before our orginal start time...just let me know. Im gonna try and catch a nap after work but ill probably be so fucking excited to leave i wont sleep much

I have three pairs of gloves...Hopefully I stay dry enough to not go through all three pairs...only one is truly rain glove material.

Looking at the Hourly breakdown it looks like Rain starting around midnight then clearing up around sunrise...so Maybe we get a jump on it and head out earlier?? We'll cross that bridge tomorrow.

derf
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Use rubber medical gloves, it will just take longer for your hands to start to feel cold and damp

rogue
05-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Just got off the phone with mu buddy Shane from Tennessee. He's gonna meet us at TWO on Friday and ride back to the gap on Sunday. He lives right near 129 and has a lot of good routes around there.

If he's staying with us, he may want to bring a sleeping bag! :D

Riceaholic
05-06-2009, 02:08 AM
If he's staying with us, he may want to bring a sleeping bag! :D

All that's taken care of...I'm bringing a hammok cause I like being outside...:lol:

Sixxxxer
05-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Ok Tommy. My Main Concern is the Green Cell Thats in GA Right now...Its moving up the coast and thats whats gonna get us wet tonight...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Braindamaged0386/Weather.jpg

So When I get home from work Im gonna check the Radar again and see where we stand forecast wise...But right now it looks like it we pushed our start time ahead we would beat most of the moisture the further south we pushed...But its up to you Ill follow your lead.

tommymac
05-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I am working untill around 5 up in westchester so that will limit how much earlier I can get on the road. I will keep track of that cell throughout the day and see how its tracking, (nice having a do nothing job :lol:) all I need to do when I get home is take a quick shower mount all the bags, check the tire pressures and can be on the road. Only problem would be fighting traffic out of the city, after 6 it should start to lighten up but you never know. I may see about getting out of here early too in case we need an early jump off.

Tom

tommymac
05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
looks like the storm is moving prety fast which is good. I guess it depends on how it tracks too. I was thinking that if it stays more inland we coul dtake 95 down to 85 and stay further east and avoid some of it, or if it moves east we take the planned route and just cut through part of it.

I am kind of in the mindset that I want to be on our way at midinight but will def wait a few hrs if it looks like we will have better weather. Plus I could get in a little nap before we go.

Tom

rogue
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
A nap? Who the fuck can sleep! We have a rally to attend!!!

I didn't sleep worth a damn last night and was up early full of energy. :lol: I'm hoping work tires me out or I'm going to be bouncing off the walls tonight. My hyperness has kicked in overdrive!!! :lmao:

tommymac
05-06-2009, 10:54 AM

I didn't sleep worth a damn last night and was up early full of energy. :lol: I'm hoping work tires me out or I'm going to be bouncing off the walls tonight. My hyperness has kicked in overdrive!!! :lmao:

I think if it werent for the rain and figuring out our travel plans I would be more excited. Now its jsut guarded optimism hoping we can leave on time and stick with our original plan but will have ot see how mother nature treats us here.

tom

Phenix_Rider
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM

:lol: Sounds like one of my friends here. Me, I'm just laid back making it through a slow workday. I'll go to the gym tonight and burn any extra energy.

I have a few last minute things to do; get a haircut because I'll have the lid on forever and long hair bugs me, finish packing the saddlebags, and try to locate a digital camera I can live with. The bike's all ready to go- washed and waxed, chain checked cleaned and lubed, brakes bled, tires checked. No suspension upgrades unfortunately- still don't have my emulators. Very close to canceling the order and going somewhere else.

tommymac
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
This rain seems to be tracking more to the north so that may bode well for me getting out of NY and down to meet sixxer. just not sure about that one strip of ugly looking rain thats still down by GA, not sure if we will get stuck in that and if so how bad will it be by later this evening/tomorrow morning.

Tom

ericr
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Tom, the pattern has been it dying off by midnight or so lately so it may clear out ok for y'all by the time you're down this way.

tommymac
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Tom, the pattern has been it dying off by midnight or so lately so it may clear out ok for y'all by the time you're down this way.

I am hoping so. I have been watching the radar all morning, it def looks like its weakening/getting smaller. Our concern was which way was it going to go. Now it looks like we may only get hit with the tail end of it and that depends on which way it goes and if it continues to weaken. i am feeling more and more optimistic about it now.

Tom

ericr
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Be glad you weren't coming through this morning!!! It was like driving in a waterfall this morning when I was coming into work!! It shouldn't be that bad for y'all tomorrow but you might catch some of it.

tommymac
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Be glad you weren't coming through this morning!!! It was like driving in a waterfall this morning when I was coming into work!! It shouldn't be that bad for y'all tomorrow but you might catch some of it.

I saw all that this morning, looked prety bad down there. were figuring were going to get rained on its just a question of where and for how long at this point. Sixxer and I have been texting all afternoon figuring out our plans and weather we should try to leave earlier or later.
Tom

Sixxxxer
05-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I just looked at the Radar...Def See the Tail of the storm...and thats probably the only thing that worries

So far we should be good to go...

Gonna try and nap...Im getting more excited now that im done work!!!

tommymac
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I hope to be out soon and will monitor things when I get home. Looks like baltimore/dc may get hit with a little rain soon and just scattered stuff for several hrs after that. So I think the first leg of the trip should be ok. I just want to know what the tail of the storm will do and hope we dont run across it.

Tom

Sixxxxer
05-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah...Sounds good...I think once we get on the road things will fall into place...And If we have to seek refugee...Fuck it, Like I said...Im up for the adventure...Ill have a sotry to tell my grandkids!!!

tommymac
05-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah...Sounds good...I think once we get on the road things will fall into place...And If we have to seek refugee...Fuck it, Like I said...Im up for the adventure...Ill have a sotry to tell my grandkids!!!

So long as it doesnt involve derf or the ball gag its all good LOL

Tom

derf
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Ball gag is packed and ready to go, so is the lube in case we get really frisky.

Text me when you leave and which way you go. I have a few routes that I looked at either east down 95 or west down 81. I'm probably going to leave brooklyn about 9 so I might be behind you if you leave early.

Phenix_Rider
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, fuck I wasn't planning to be up this late. Should not have gone to the gym. Printing maps now, finish packing, then off to bed. Planning to head out early- 6am.

Phenix_Rider
05-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Motherfucking ATM ate my card. Now I have to sit on my ass till 9am when the hicktown bank finally opens. On top of that, I forgot to enter the payment for my suspension parts, so the ATM balance didn't agree with my register- big mistake on my part. And now, my brother will be at work when I get to NC. Damnit, why couldn't this be easy!?

Phenix_Rider
05-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Made it to NC. There are some truly wicked sections of US219 in west virginia.