PDA

View Full Version : Short cuff gloves

JoJoYZF
03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I know a lot of you will only wear gauntlets, but for my 2 mile trips to work and running errands around town, I prefer to leave the gauntlets at home. Since my joe rockets are pretty beat up after 2 seasons, I need some new short cuffs. Any suggestions? Im open to most brands, except JR if theyre gonna pop seams and shit as quick as this pair did. Hoping to keep it below $100.

Rider
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Bad idea. Get the gauntlets. They don't take any longer to put on.

JoJoYZF
03-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Bad idea. Get the gauntlets. They don't take any longer to put on.

I have a pair of a* gp plus' that I wear for any longer trips and any highway rides already. Like I said, for short trips around town I wear short cuffs.

neebelung
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I love my A* SMX-3's. They're a meshie/textile MX type glove. Really comfy. I believe the SMX-6' are similar but with some leather & carbon fiber.

Rider
03-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a pair of a* gp plus' that I wear for any longer trips and any highway rides already. Like I said, for short trips around town I wear short cuffs.

Again I don't recommend it but it's your body. Anyway, you can't go wrong with A*, Held, or Spidi. Avoid AVG Sport and Teknic.

shmike
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I love my A* SMX-3's. They're a meshie/textile MX type glove. Really comfy. I believe the SMX-6' are similar but with some leather & carbon fiber.

I've got the SMX-2's.

Love them.

I have like 4 pairs of gaunlet gloves. Short street trips are ideal for the SMX line.

neebelung
03-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Again I don't recommend it but it's your body. Anyway, you can't go wrong with A*, Held, or Spidi. Avoid AVG Sport and Teknic.

Held has some new gloves coming out this spring - a gauntlet and a 3/4 (basically a shorty with an extra plate to cover the wrist bone). Flippin SWEET ASS GLOVES, but they'll be in the $250 range for the shorty (and $280 for the gauntlet). Still, :drool: gloves... *sigh*

I've got the SMX-2's.

Love them.

I have like 4 pairs of gaunlet gloves. Short street trips are ideal for the SMX line.

Yeah they're great and comfy for my short commute in warmer weather.

JoJoYZF
03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Held has some new gloves coming out this spring - a gauntlet and a 3/4 (basically a shorty with an extra plate to cover the wrist bone). Flippin SWEET ASS GLOVES, but they'll be in the $250 range for the shorty (and $280 for the gauntlet). Still, :drool: gloves... *sigh*

Yeah they're great and comfy for my short commute in warmer weather.

Id love some helds but 250 is a little much for short commute gloves. Im thinking of something like the octane or something similar from a*. Ill have to look into the smx series.

neebelung
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Id love some helds but 250 is a little much for short commute gloves. Im thinking of something like the octane or something similar from a*. Ill have to look into the smx series.

I know, they're super pricey, but dayum, they're nice.

But yeah, A* has plenty of nice, comfy options in a shorty.

p00kienrayray
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

i have 3 pairs of a* short cuffs, 1 mesh/some other fabirc, 1 leather/mesh, 1 leather with plastic knuckle guards. excellent fit and comfort, & cheap, but they don't last that long. the mesh and leather suede parts around your finger tips start to wear away pretty quickly.

JoJoYZF
03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I just found some a* octanes for $70 (retail $90) with free shipping, problem solved. Thanks everyone.

PhiSig1071
03-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I have a pair of the SMX shorties, and I love them, but I can't find them now that I moved into the new place. I went out and bought a pair of "Five" shorties from CG (it's a house brand) and I was plesantly surprised by them. Did over a hundred miles in them today and they were really comfortable.

Phenix_Rider
03-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I just found some a* octanes for $70 (retail $90) with free shipping, problem solved. Thanks everyone.

I like those gloves, and the Cortech Vice. Little longer than a normal short cuff, but without the hassle and fiddling of a gauntlet.

Cutty72
03-13-2009, 11:27 PM

Nice find. I have the A* SMX 2 air carbons. Love 'em, they've lasted 2 years now and are still going. Should make this season before they have to go. OSP crash tested a pair too, and they held up well.

Let us know how you like the Octanes. I was looking at either those, the 3/4's or the GP-X's.

CrazyKell
03-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I have 2 Icon sets of shorty gloves and love them!

Sixxxxer
03-14-2009, 01:10 AM
I have 2 Icon sets of shorty gloves and love them!

I know one pair is Pink and black :drool:

I have The ICon Tarmac V.3 Shorties...There not bad...But They have only been used about half a season so far

JoJoYZF
03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Nice find. I have the A* SMX 2 air carbons. Love 'em, they've lasted 2 years now and are still going. Should make this season before they have to go. OSP crash tested a pair too, and they held up well.

Let us know how you like the Octanes. I was looking at either those, the 3/4's or the GP-X's.

The carbons were the other ones I was looking at. Im hoping to have the bike back out next week or the following week and the new tires put on right after that, so once that happens Ill definitely let you know how they are. The GPX is basically a short cuff version of the gp plus, and thats definitely a good thing since I like the plus' that I have already.

Quick281
03-14-2009, 03:26 AM
I have these in red and i like them. Nice and short but still fit well in my "trunk".

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1977&id=7877

I got mine for 60.00.

Phenix_Rider
03-14-2009, 08:42 AM
I've had a pair of Power Trip Grand Nationals since I started riding. They've held up really well, and are very comfortable. I don't think my new GP Plus will get much use- but I'll keep them for trackdays. They just don't feel good enough to ride all day.

ericr
03-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I have a pair of Alpinestars Octane S-Moto Gloves that are all leather, perferated and armored. They took a little to break in but are super comfortable now and good protection other than your wrists. Perfs are good in hot weather too.

No Worries
03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Does anyone else wear shorties and zip them under the cuff of their jacket? I wear locally-made elkskin gloves that make it real easy for me to feel the levers.

JoJoYZF
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I've had a pair of Power Trip Grand Nationals since I started riding. They've held up really well, and are very comfortable. I don't think my new GP Plus will get much use- but I'll keep them for trackdays. They just don't feel good enough to ride all day.

My plus' are the same way. They come out for longer rides and highway trips and stuff like that and will be used for track days once I finally start doinng them. They still feel like theyre not fully broken in or something.

I have a pair of Alpinestars Octane S-Moto Gloves that are all leather, perferated and armored. They took a little to break in but are super comfortable now and good protection other than your wrists. Perfs are good in hot weather too.

Im glad you like them since those are the same ones I just ordered. I should have them here in the next couple days.

PhiSig1071
03-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Does anyone else wear shorties and zip them under the cuff of their jacket? I wear locally-made elkskin gloves that make it real easy for me to feel the levers.

That's why I got my shorties, the cuffs on my jacket, which I love, are pretty bulky and it's hard to get gauntlets over them, and it's kind of hard to pull the sleeves over the gauntlets. The shorties I got have a neoprene part at the end that the jacket slides very nicely over.

JoJoYZF
03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Mine get tucked under a little bit since the sleeves on my jacket come down just past my wrist bone.

ericr
03-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Im glad you like them since those are the same ones I just ordered. I should have them here in the next couple days.

I think you'll like them. What took time to break in for me was being able to lift my first 2 fingers up to the clutch and brake levers. Since I'm on a cruiser it's a little wrong on the angle with the armored knuckle piece but they're getting nice now and I haven't worn them all that much yet.

Let me know how you like 'em after you try them out.

marko138
03-16-2009, 09:07 AM
I cannot comment on short cuff mcgillicutties b/c I dont wear them.

:nothing:

Amber Lamps
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Speaking of short cuff gloves....

Technic Speedstars for $37.99 @ New Enough XL only

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/teknic/speedstar_short_motorcycle_gloves.html

Amber Lamps
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Or for $39.99 Technic Supervents.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves/teknic/supervent_pro_motorcycle_gloves.html

derf
03-24-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm just looking for a plane old pair of straight black leather preforated short cuff gloves with a hard knuckle. I had a pair of A* gloves like that a while back but they got all used up and the palm cracked and broke. I've been using the SMX6 mesh glove for a little while now and like them, but prefer leather.

I too have a set of gauntlets but i just can't get the feel for them and never felt comfy, my hands get tired from breaking and clutching and I just want to go back to the shortys to be comfy again.

Amber Lamps
03-24-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm just looking for a plane old pair of straight black leather preforated short cuff gloves with a hard knuckle. I had a pair of A* gloves like that a while back but they got all used up and the palm cracked and broke. I've been using the SMX6 mesh glove for a little while now and like them, but prefer leather.

I too have a set of gauntlets but i just can't get the feel for them and never felt comfy, my hands get tired from breaking and clutching and I just want to go back to the shortys to be comfy again.

Pst don't tell anyone but I'd rather shorties myself.

t-homo
03-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Hey guys, I heard tigger likes shawtys.

Amber Lamps
03-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey guys, I heard tigger likes shawtys.

Sho nuff dawg! I love me some short girls! Always have and always will!

t-homo
03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Same here. 5'2" and 110 lbs is about perfect.

PhiSig1071
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Dude, I'm 6'4", if I was dating a chick that was 5'2" she'd be 69'ing my fucking belly button. My new girlfriend is 5'8" and she's about perfect height for me.

t-homo
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM
See, I'm only 5'9" so it works out great.

Amber Lamps
03-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Dude, I'm 6'4", if I was dating a chick that was 5'2" she'd be 69'ing my fucking belly button. My new girlfriend is 5'8" and she's about perfect height for me.

Dude you just have to arch your back some,trust me it works out great!

PhiSig1071
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Dude you just have to arch your back some,trust me it works out great!

Good to know, I'll have to look for a shorty next time around.

rogue
03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow.... :lol:

t-homo
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow.... :lol:

How you doin?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/fkowalczyk/joey.jpg

Quick281
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
T-Rock, I am bothered by your use of that picture.

marko138
03-25-2009, 08:11 AM
T-Rock, I am bothered by your use of that picture.
You're not the only one.

the chi
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM

You arent! I use Icon shorties for my street riding, and while I think they could hold up a bit better (tearing out the palm after a year) I like the comfort and feel of them. And zipping my gloves into my jacket is the last part of my ritual!

Ducati Diva
03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I use Cortech HDX gloves. They have lasted two seasons (will have to replace before the end of this one prob). Comfy and seem to have good protection, although they've never been fully tested :lol: I always zip them in my sleeves.

t-homo
03-25-2009, 05:53 PM
You're not the only one.

Google images.

JoJoYZF
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
So far after only a few short rides I really like the a* octanes. Seem to be pretty sturdy, have the hard knuckle protectors and theyre comfy.

Google images.

Still a little gay.

Quick281
03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Still a little gay.

only a little?!?!?

t-homo
03-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Fuck you all. I fucking hate you all. PS, I'm drunk as shit.

JoJoYZF
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
only a little?!?!?

Youre right, its richard simmons gay.

Fuck you all. I fucking hate you all. PS, I'm drunk as shit.

Oh no, Im crushed.

t-homo
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
God damn it. I don't know why I still come back to this forum.

Amorok
03-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I always end up with really tall women. Something about a girl who can cross her shins behind my back... I'm a happy guy. Nothing against our resident Keebler elves but I like 'em with some length of leg.

PhiSig1071
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with you on that one! (Although I have only met one woman who could pull the shins behind the head move off, she was a college volleyball player who was 6'2").

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I always end up with really tall women. Something about a girl who can cross her shins behind my back... I'm a happy guy. Nothing against our resident Keebler elves but I like 'em with some length of leg.

I'll have you know that Rae has the longest legs in the ENTIRE Lullaby League!

Or the Lollipop guild for that matter! Hrrumph!

PhiSig1071
03-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Tig, creepy. Very creepy.

t-homo
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Rae's legs are the same length as mine. I like it.

rogue
03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Hmmph. Even short females can wrap their legs around a guy...

:p :p

the chi
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I'll have you know that Rae has the longest legs in the ENTIRE Lullaby League!

Or the Lollipop guild for that matter! Hrrumph!

Oh shit! snort Those pics are hilarious!

Only too true, right!?

Poor Amorok, deluded all this time! :lol:

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 07:51 PM

Yea? Well that depends on the guy....

rogue
03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
AAAAAACCKK!!!! That's not an average man either! :panic:

:lmao:

Cutty72
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
So far after only a few short rides I really like the a* octanes. Seem to be pretty sturdy, have the hard knuckle protectors and theyre comfy.

Hows the ventilation?

JoJoYZF
03-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Hows the ventilation?

So far its pretty good. Its kind of hard to judge since its been cooler, but you can definitely feel some air come through. They have the same knuckle air flow set up as the gp plus' that I have.

t-homo
03-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I like the direction this thread went.

Rangerscott
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I wear short leathers.