PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Digifox
03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Does ANYONE know how long the Rear brake line is for an S-10?
The ones that are under the Cab.
(Its just a normal Cab)

Mine Busted while bleeding them and i cant figure out how long of line i need(its the solid one, not the rubber)

t-homo
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Google will tell you a hell of a lot faster than a forum.

Dnyce
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
especially a bike forum

Digifox
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Tried google
All it came up with was people saying to take it to a shop to replace brake lines......BS

And Front Lines on Shopping

Dnyce
03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
theres a huge s-10 forum, google that.

short of takin it off, or just buying a new one, that seems to be your only option. maybe u could jack it up and get under there with a string, trace it lol....

Phenix_Rider
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Hope you have it easier than me. There are seriously 4 different wheelbases for my truck, and each one uses different brakes lines, driveshafts, e-brake cables, and exhausts. If you want to go all new lines, I got brand new pre-bent stainless lines for $160 IIRC from InlineTube.com. All the right fittings and lengths. I had to provide the rubber hoses, but they're cheap enough.

You can always get bulk line and the correct flair tool from any auto parts store. Then reuse the old fittings.

Quick281
03-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Walk into a parts store. I know when I worked at Car Quest we had a book full of answers for questions just like this.

Not sure about Advanced and Auto Zone though.

Phenix_Rider
03-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Walk into a parts store. I know when I worked at Car Quest we had a book full of answers for questions just like this.

Not sure about Advanced and Auto Zone though.

They have listings for everything :lol: Just have to know exactly what you're looking for.

wildchild
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
good luck. for a few years GM was doing some creative things with their brake line fittings. You may have to go to a GM dealer to get the right stuff. Best way to figure out the length is to take a string under the truck and follow the line. Measure how long the string is when your done. You will probably not be able to buy exactly that size. You will either have to throw in a couple extra bends to eat up excess or cut and flare the lines.

101lifts2
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Just take it off and have it cut and flared. You aren't going to find brake lines that are cut exactly, unless the vehicle is under OEM warranty, then they will stock the exact match.