PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Lying about Genesis 2.0 figures

pauldun170
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Engine is underrated...

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2009/03/inside-line-dyno-test-2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-20t.html?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2.*

smileyman
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
a manufacturer posting misleading technical specifications??? Is there no humanity left in this world?

I don't ever remember trusting OEM claims for anything. Only waiting until a real world comparison can be made from a reputable and non biased source...

Rider
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Was there any surprise? :idk: I mean it is a Hyundai.

goof2
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Was there any surprise? :idk: I mean it is a Hyundai.

You aren't surprised LESS power was claimed than the car actually makes because it is a Hyundai?

Rider
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
You aren't surprised LESS power was claimed than the car actually makes because it is a Hyundai?

Sorry I read that as overrated. :ws: I read a different article that says it makes no where near the claimed power. I'll see if I can find it.

smileyman
03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah and Honda's and Suzuki's weight figures are all dead on...And Kawasaki has never provided a "ringer" motorcycle for a press intro...

goof2
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry I read that as overrated. :ws: I read a different article that says it makes no where near the claimed power. I'll see if I can find it.

If I remember it was a test vehicle with the V6 that had alignment and ECU issues. The ECU issues were fixed for all production cars. Hyundai had a problem over a decade ago with cars across their model range not developing the power they were claimed to make. I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

It happens to many manufacturers. The Nissan GT-R has had some pronounced consistency issues with power out of their motors. Mazda issued refunds to people who bought RX-8s because they weren't making claimed power. Ford also issued a recall of all 1999 Mustang SVT Cobras to replace the intake manifold and exhaust system due to a shortage from claimed power.

Much of this could be avoided if car magazines actually dynoed the cars they test, but they are way to far in the manufacturers pockets to risk potentially embarrassing the manufacturers like that.

Destitute
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
And there will be variations from vehicle to vehicle, dyno to dyno, and day to day.

z06boy
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
He11 my wife's 2003 SRT-4 was worse...well better than that.

Claimed output was 215 hp and 245 tq at the flywheel.

It dynoed 228 fwhp and 238 fwtq.

Yeah it's a Neon but not a bad little car.

Dave
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
im not surprised at all. i wanna see it with a full three inch system, high flow cat and a good tune. prob pick up a good 40 hp form the looks of it.

nhgunnut
03-17-2009, 05:47 PM
In the past 10 years My wife and I have purchased new Models or the following
99 Dodge Durango
01 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD
03 Hummer H2
04 Nissan Titan
07 Chrysler 300C AWD
08 Honda By far the best service Culture was with Hyundai for the record the 01 V6 Santa Fe was the first year of production and was rated at 180 HP when it first hit the market and was later found to be 173 HP their response was offer to increase my Bumper to Bumper Warranty by an additional 5 years. They also Never gave me any grief about any Warranty Issue (I think there were 3 things that weren't somehow caused be me or my family and they fixed without charge even the ones that were my fault) they simply fixed it without charge or any discussion just a simple bring it in or in the case of my son cooking a voltage pack while trying jump start his ratted out Subaru they sent truck free of charge.
I am amazed that for less that for a rig that was less than 20k they offered this level of service, especially when you compare it to the hell I suffered through trying to get Nissan to Honor their warranty I paid extra for on top the 37.5k I paid for the fully loaded Titan,
My youngest daughter is driving the Santa Fe I wish to go Hyundai made pick up cause it would be in my drive way!

101lifts2
03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Since the front wheels are not moving, the ABS control module sends a torque reduction request signal to the engine control module, which looses about 30 horses. lol

Dave
03-18-2009, 12:07 AM
rx8 had the same problem iirc