PDA

View Full Version : Picked up some new boots today

ericr
03-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I got the Alpinstars SMX Plus boots, came in today. They feel good on my feet, just have to try them out going down the road now! :D

insert crappy cell phone pic...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/erush69/astarsmxplus.jpg

zed
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
nice boots

Cutty72
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I have 'em in the perf version, the gf has them in blue. good boots.

rogue
03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
You gotta get a proper bike to ride first. redflip

ericr
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
You gotta get a proper bike to ride first. redflip

I'll show you proper at Suches, midget redflip

JoJoYZF
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
If possible post up how you like them after a few rides. Those are the exact boots Im planning on buying in the next couple weeks.

Yamerhaw
03-17-2009, 11:08 PM
i've got those in blue, LOVE EM, I have supertech's too, and i like the smx plus as good or better!

JoJoYZF
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
i've got those in blue, LOVE EM, I have supertech's too, and i like the smx plus as good or better!

Damn between you and our other resident gear whore, thats very encouraging.

ericr
03-17-2009, 11:34 PM
If possible post up how you like them after a few rides. Those are the exact boots Im planning on buying in the next couple weeks.

I will when I can but Rogue wasn't really kidding... one of the guys i work with has some of them and we swapped bikes one day. When we stopped, he couldn't put the kickstand down because of the boots :lol: So I won't ride on my bike with them, I need to borrow someone's sportbike to try them out.

JoJoYZF
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I will when I can but Rogue wasn't really kidding... one of the guys i work with has some of them and we swapped bikes one day. When we stopped, he couldn't put the kickstand down because of the boots :lol: So I won't ride on my bike with them, I need to borrow someone's sportbike to try them out.

Good point. Ive got time anyway. My tires just showed up and my new gloves are on the way so itll be a few paychecks before I have the extra money for them.

t-homo
03-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Nice. I was talkin to a guy at sportbike track gear the other day and he said he'd take those over the sidis.

buzzcutt2
03-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I got the Alpinstars SMX Plus boots, came in today. They feel good on my feet, just have to try them out going down the road now! :D

Did you find a deal on them anywhere? I'm strongly considering these.

ericr
03-18-2009, 09:40 AM

I work at a dealership so I get an employee discount, so yeah.

They are awesome boots. Both the techs here wear them, one was a WERA racer and has had multiple crashes with the SMX Plus and said they hold up better than any other boot he's worn, never a foot injury with these on. He said Sidi's are nice too but they tend to wear out way faster. The other tech does lots of track days and he highly recommended the SMX Plus too.

z06boy
03-18-2009, 09:44 AM
The only thing I don't like about my Alphine * boots is that they squeak loudly when you walk around in them.

I love them on the bike though.

buzzcutt2
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I work at a dealership so I get an employee discount, so yeah.

They are awesome boots. Both the techs here wear them, one was a WERA racer and has had multiple crashes with the SMX Plus and said they hold up better than any other boot he's worn, never a foot injury with these on. He said Sidi's are nice too but they tend to wear out way faster. The other tech does lots of track days and he highly recommended the SMX Plus too.

Guess I'll have to get off my lazy ass and do a search then...:panic:

Dealership in Cartersville? I believe I will be in the area next month doing a little mountain biking. :rockout:

marko138
03-18-2009, 10:51 AM
The only thing I don't like about my Alphine * boots is that they squeak loudly when you walk around in them.

Damn right they do.

Nice boots.

JoJoYZF
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Dealership in Cartersville? I believe I will be in the area next month doing a little mountain biking. :rockout:

About the best Ive found is $279 which I think is last years price. Most places seem to have bumped the price to $350, but Im not sure if they updated to an 09 model or if theyre the same.

buzzcutt2
03-18-2009, 11:13 AM
About the best Ive found is $279 which I think is last years price. Most places seem to have bumped the price to $350, but Im not sure if they updated to an 09 model or if theyre the same.

:ty:

t-homo
03-18-2009, 12:20 PM

Call sportbiketrackgear.com. They are listed at 350, but they have a discount on all A* stuff if you call in. He told me 15%.

Cutty72
03-18-2009, 03:06 PM

I love them on the bike though.

Little bit of graphite on them takes care of that issue, if it bothers you.

ericr
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Cool, shoot me a pm when you're coming up and we'll try to have lunch or something.

z06boy
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Little bit of graphite on them takes care of that issue, if it bothers you.

I'll give it a shot...thanks. I tried a couple of things and they didn't work for very long. It doesn't bother me while out riding or stopping for breaks outside but inside it can be quite annoying especially when your bonehead friends make comments about it. :lol: