PDA

View Full Version : 96 suzuki katana 600 cutn off

baby Ray
04-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Ok My bike cuts off after about 5 mins of riding or idling. I recently removed the tank and drained all the fuel out, re-place one of the lines from the petcock to carbs I think it was 5/16 but replaced with 1/4, Could this make a difference? I see that one line goes to the crabs, reserve goes to the other side. One vacum line goes to the fuel level indacater and I think some are missing from the carb to the tank. When I bought the bike about 2 weeks ago the dealer drove it home for me and no problems. So could it be trash from turning the tank on its side or wrong vacum hooked up. Thanks in advance for your help:willy:

marko138
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you sure there aren't two going into the carbs? Are there 3 lines coming out of the petcock? 2 go to the carbs and one is vaccuum? Atleast thats what I remember about my old school GSXR...which should have essentially the same engine.

Might want to check that the fuel screen on the petcock isn't clogged with shit too.

baby Ray
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Are you sure there aren't two going into the carbs? Are there 3 lines coming out of the petcock? 2 go to the carbs and one is vaccuum? Atleast thats what I remember about my old school GSXR...which should have essentially the same engine.

Might want to check that the fuel screen on the petcock isn't clogged with shit too.

I just ran out and checked I hooked the vacum to the wrong f'n nipple, That just might be the problem, I didn't even notice that f'n nipple on the back of the petcock. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks a million checks in the mail, I owe you a case of cold brew

marko138
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I just ran out and checked I hooked the vacum to the wrong f'n nipple, That just might be the problem, I didn't even notice that f'n nipple on the back of the petcock. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks a million checks in the mail, I owe you a case of cold brew
The 2 facing front and back should be the fuel supply the one facing the right side of the bike should be vaccuum...it's probly also smaller diameter.

Gas Man
04-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Good shot Marko.

This guy came over from my bg dog site... told him to check here for better intel!!!

What's Baby Ray!

baby Ray
04-12-2009, 08:21 PM
The 2 facing front and back should be the fuel supply the one facing the right side of the bike should be vaccuum...it's probly also smaller diameter.

that's what it was thanks alot for your info,alot better

Gas Man
04-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Sweet deal BR. You should stick around here... you could blend in well with your bike choice.

marko138
04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
that's what it was thanks alot for your info,alot better
So that did the trick?

Gas Man
04-14-2009, 11:26 PM
He said it worked on the other site....

marko138
04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
He said it worked on the other site....
Awesome...looks like I am still helpful. :lol:

baby Ray