PDA

View Full Version : Paint/powdercoating questions/ideas

tommymac
04-13-2009, 02:53 AM
So it looks like I can finally resume my TLS project since the taxman wasnt too harsh this year. I am a little stuck as far as ideas. I am kind of committed to a red/black theme since I have bought a clear clutch cover and a red annodized pressure plate. My original plan was to powdercoat the frame, subframe, swingarm and rims black, then go with a shade of red with the tank and plastics( I have my original uppers but theyre busted up and have a primered set that is intact and will use those)

i was recently at the dealer and saw some bikes with the frames/swingarms powdercoated red so that got me to rethinking things so if anyone has some other ideas I would like to hear it so I can see where all this goes.

tom

Leon
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Black out the motor and wheels, red frame and swingarm, gloss black bodywork and tank. Black forks. Maybe p/c some of the bolts red and go with some red wheel stripes.

tommymac
04-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Hmm I can work with that. I already have the clear clutch cover with a red pressure plate and ring around it, and black retaining bolts. I could go with one of those bolt kits in red to add some contrast on the case covers. I was leaning towards the red plastics but after seeing some of the ducs with the red trellis frames that got me thinking too.

Tom

OneSickPsycho
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Black out the motor and wheels, red frame and swingarm, gloss black bodywork and tank. Black forks. Maybe p/c some of the bolts red and go with some red wheel stripes.

Listen to the man... he knows his cool.

Antwanny
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Listen to the man... he knows his cool.

agreed