Ah, I don't need a liter bike by any stretch of the imagination... :lol:

marko138
02-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Ah, I don't need a liter bike by any stretch of the imagination... :lol:

Yes you do.

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes you do.

:tt: Hardly. I probably won't ever NEED a liter bike, in all seriousness... :lol:

marko138
02-26-2008, 10:02 AM
:tt: Hardly. I probably won't ever NEED a liter bike, in all seriousness... :lol:

Well if you wanna get technical...no one NEEDS one. But the torque is so much fun.

fpzx10
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Well if you wanna get technical...no one NEEDS one. But the torque is so much fun.

Yes it is :lol:

(Thanks for the peer pressure, Marko. I owe ya)

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM

Eh, probably... maybe one day, but not for a while yet. There's an R6S callin my name right now.

marko138
02-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Eh, probably... maybe one day, but not for a while yet. There's an R6S callin my name right now.

Vtwin FTW, lady. :lol: Ever rode a Buell?

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Vtwin FTW, lady. :lol: Ever rode a Buell?

Nope, but I've ridden the SV650S. I liked it a lot actually. My thing was, it needed too many immediate mods just for me to be happy/comfortable with it (i.e., it was definitely designed for someone shorter than I am, my knees just hit at a weird/uncomfy spot on the tank).

marko138
02-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Nope, but I've ridden the SV650S. I liked it a lot actually. My thing was, it needed too many immediate mods just for me to be happy/comfortable with it (i.e., it was definitely designed for someone shorter than I am, my knees just hit at a weird/uncomfy spot on the tank).

The torque on a Buell is UNBELIEVABLE. It's dead flat and monstrous. Think about 83 ft lbs of torque.....and almost all of it available directly off idle. THAT is a fun bike.

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
The torque on a Buell is UNBELIEVABLE. It's dead flat and monstrous. Think about 83 ft lbs of torque.....and almost all of it available directly off idle. THAT is a fun bike.

....which Buell?

The thing with Buells is... I'm not that attracted to them (yes, yes, that's superficial). I need to have a lust factor with my bike.....

marko138
02-26-2008, 10:31 AM
....which Buell?

The thing with Buells is... I'm not that attracted to them (yes, yes, that's superficial). I need to have a lust factor with my bike.....

Understandable. The XB's are instant power. Yes the XB's have the Sportster based engine. The 1125R takes just a bit longer to build steam...it hits like a bull at 3k. Also dead flat torque curve. And I speak of the XB12's.

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Understandable. The XB's are instant power. Yes the XB's have the Sportster based engine. The 1125R takes just a bit longer to build steam...it hits like a bull at 3k. Also dead flat torque curve. And I speak of the XB12's.

Hmmmm..... .well, who knows, I might be able to try one out Monday. There's usually NO line at the Buell tent. I might give it a whirl.

marko138
02-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmmmm..... .well, who knows, I might be able to try one out Monday. There's usually NO line at the Buell tent. I might give it a whirl.

Give one a ride. I think you'll love how they handle and the power. The looks aren't for everyone. Me....I love the look. I love the looks of the Buell over EVERYTHING...except maybe the Duc Hypermotard.

neebelung
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll letcha know what I think of it... I do have a soft spot for nekkid/half faired bikes, but just never even really considered a Buell.

Rider
02-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I'll letcha know what I think of it... I do have a soft spot for nekkid/half faired bikes, but just never even really considered a Buell.

The 1125R is a sweet bike, but you need small feet to be able to use the rear brake lever.

neebelung
02-26-2008, 11:01 AM
The 1125R is a sweet bike, but you need small feet to be able to use the rear brake lever.

:lol: Well I don't have little feet, but Im sure they're smaller than the average MAN feet. :nee:

Gas Man
02-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Yeah if you want a good street bike you simply must go v-twin. Plus they are more forgiving if you fail to downshift before entering the corner.

And the 1125R is dead ass sexy. A little wide in the front but sweet!!!

Mr Lefty
02-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah if you want a good street bike you simply must go v-twin. Plus they are more forgiving if you fail to downshift before entering the corner.

And the 1125R is dead ass sexy. A little wide in the front but sweet!!!

that's my only knock against them...

can't wait to see SVrider's when I get to ND in September

Cutty72
02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Any and all asthetic complaints I had against the 1125R went away when i sat on it.
It looks like the sex when mounted!!

jtemple
02-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Marko, did you finally bite the bullet and get a Buell?

OneSickPsycho
02-28-2008, 10:24 PM

The first time I cracked the throttle hard on mine from a stop I thought I was going to fly off the back of it... It took a hundred miles or so for me to get used to having all those low slung yarbles...

Give one a ride. I think you'll love how they handle and the power. The looks aren't for everyone. Me....I love the look. I love the looks of the Buell over EVERYTHING...except maybe the Duc Hypermotard.

I liked the look... then I rode one... then I bought one... that same damn day.

t-homo
02-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a blast, does that count?

OneSickPsycho
02-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Kinda.

Mr Lefty
02-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Kinda.

:lol:

marko138
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Marko, did you finally bite the bullet and get a Buell?

Not yet. Probly sometime this season. That 1125 will be sitting pretty.

The first time I cracked the throttle hard on mine from a stop I thought I was going to fly off the back of it... It took a hundred miles or so for me to get used to having all those low slung yarbles...

I liked the look... then I rode one... then I bought one... that same damn day.

Thats what I'm talking about.

Kinda.

:rf:

Cutty72
03-01-2008, 12:02 AM

I will call it... mini me.

jtemple
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Not yet. Probly sometime this season. That 1125 will be sitting pretty.Sweet. That 1125 is sick. If I didn't just buy my 10, I'd give the 1125 a good hard look.

fpzx10
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Sweet. That 1125 is sick. If I didn't just buy my 10, I'd give the 1125 a good hard look.

After the shit you went thru with the 10, if you traded it now, I would vote permaban for you

:kawi:

Cutty72
03-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Sweet. That 1125 is sick. If I didn't just buy my 10, I'd give the 1125 a good hard look.

I looked at what's out there

GSXR1000
ZX10R
CBR1000RR

all too spendy for insurance, and only marginal at best on looks

Duc 1098...

definatly sick... but damn... $$$$$

Buell 1125R
Specs rivaling the 1098
Hot looks, but definatly "different"
affordable
great warranty
cheap insurance.

Mr Lefty
03-01-2008, 06:48 AM

GSXR1000
ZX10R
CBR1000RR

Duc 1098...

Buell 1125R
Specs rivaling the 1098
affordable
great warranty
cheap insurance.

exactly... what's the insurance on the 1125r looking like for you?

and damn... I wanna hear that with an after market can :drool:

marko138
03-01-2008, 08:39 AM

GSXR1000
ZX10R
CBR1000RR

Duc 1098...

Buell 1125R
Specs rivaling the 1098
affordable
great warranty
cheap insurance.

I was never into liter I4's...so I never even considered them. I've had an all Vtwin list for a year.

Mr Lefty
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I was never into liter I4's...so I never even considered them. I've had an all Vtwin list for a year.

I think you've sold me on Vtwins... maybe even Buell's... :lol:

jalaan1
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I think you've sold me on Vtwins... maybe even Buell's... :lol:

same here.

i would just luv the 1125r engine in an XB body :drool:

seriously tho, really considering an XB as a future bike.

Mr Lefty
03-01-2008, 10:44 AM
same here.

i would just luv the 1125r engine in an XB body :drool:

seriously tho, really considering an XB as a future bike.

the XB is growing on me... but I think the 1125R is still the best looking Buell... but it needs some finishing touches to make it dead sexy... first trim down those scoops... and then... reduce the frontal area... fucker's got a bigger forehead than Tyra Banks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album56/tyra-banks01200702.jpg

jalaan1
03-01-2008, 10:46 AM
fucker's got a bigger forehead than Tyra Banks!

lol, got that right.

jtemple
03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
After the shit you went thru with the 10, if you traded it now, I would vote permaban for you

:kawi:I'd ban myself!

Phenix_Rider
03-01-2008, 11:19 AM
I saw a review of the 1125R that said Buell fixed everything that was ever wrong with a Buell bike. The 1125R wants to be where you put it when you want it there and you can actually trail brake without standing it up in corners. Engine is smoother and it has a decent bubble of smooth air for the rider. MY NEXT BIKE! The $3k I'm getting from taxes are going to savings for it!

marko138
03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Ebbs...trust me. The huge front area is NICE when you are riding at track speed. There is NO air pushing you around.

Mr Lefty
03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Ebbs...trust me. The huge front area is NICE when you are riding at track speed. There is NO air pushing you around.

yeah I can see that... damn it... I need to fucking RIDE!:panic:

Mule
03-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been a proud buell owner since oct 06 and have been very happy with the performance and simplicity of maintenance.....

the bike has been durable and reliable and has met all of my needs....

i had an opportunity to demo ride the 1125r back in december and found it hard to go back to my XB after that....

1125r = sex on wheels

OneSickPsycho
03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I've been a proud buell owner since oct 06 and have been very happy with the performance and simplicity of maintenance.....

the bike has been durable and reliable and has met all of my needs....

i had an opportunity to demo ride the 1125r back in december and found it hard to go back to my XB after that....

1125r = sex on wheels

Your AV pic is money. Dick Dastardly is awesome...
http://www.sanfalibero.it/imm/anonymous-muttley-5001058.jpg[

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Well....

I'm back...

Jumped on it sunday... Sat on it in the showroom for about a half hour... wandered around it for a half hour... janitor came to mop up the drool.
Talked numbers for a bit... i can get it a bit under MSRP, so that's good.
Thinking about the exteneded warranty, just as it is a new model this year... there will be bugs.
Figured, now.. i just need to get rid of the 250. any buyers?
after all that... asked the salesman when i get to take it for a spin.
As it was only 28 degrees, and blowing snow, I could not take it out on the roads.
He DID let me run it around the parking lot however.
It fits perfect, great throttle response. Shifts pretty smooth (from 1st to 2nd at least :lol: ) brakes are ok... Actually expected a little more grab from the front, but never got it to speed either... so :idk:
SO after putting about a mile on it back and forth in the lot, i gave up control of it...
All in all, pretty good bike. Wish it was a bit louder, but i'm sure the aftermarket won't be too far behind in that department.

Ebbs, for insurance, i'm looking at $600/yr for the 1125R and my SV, full coverage on both.

For any others looking for an XB or a Ully, check out Stutsman County Harley Davidson. They are my closest Buell dealer, but don't move much inventory.
They have some 06 XB's that they just want GONE!

:nana2:

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:13 PM
nice... bet your wish'n you lived somewhere other than ND right now huh :lol:

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
nice... bet your wish'n you lived somewhere other than ND right now huh :lol:

no, cause this way i have a bit o time to get $$ worked up.

but i WAS the first one in ND to ride one :lol:
Even the salesman was swearing that he hadn't even ridden it yet.

Tho he did go make a lap after i got off of it.

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:17 PM
no, cause this way i have a bit o time to get $$ worked up.

but i WAS the first one in ND to ride one :lol:
Even the salesman was swearing that he hadn't even ridden it yet.

Tho he did go make a lap after i got off of it.

:lol: I'd have taken the lap before you :lol:

did you get any pics?

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:24 PM
:lol: I'd have taken the lap before you :lol:

did you get any pics?

no... gf failed. :no:

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:33 PM
no... gf failed. :no:

wow... your a forgiving guy... she'd have been ex-gf :lol:

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
wow... your a forgiving guy... she'd have been ex-gf :lol:

she got cold...

i'll get pics when it's mine.. better that way anyway.

oh... and fyi, cold tires, and cold wet concrete do NOT equal good traction
couldn't resist twisting it just once, and yup... instant loose tire. fishtailed a bit but kept 'er under wraps. :dthumb:

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:37 PM
she got cold...

i'll get pics when it's mine.. better that way anyway.

oh... and fyi, cold tires, and cold wet concrete do NOT equal good traction
couldn't resist twisting it just once, and yup... instant loose tire. fishtailed a bit but kept 'er under wraps. :dthumb:

bet the sales guy was like :jd: :lol:

naw I just wanted to see how you fit... it's hard with the "official" photos cause I don't know how tall they are... ya know? and I've stood next to you... I know your a short little shit

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
bet the sales guy was like :jd: :lol:

naw I just wanted to see how you fit... it's hard with the "official" photos cause I don't know how tall they are... ya know? and I've stood next to you... I know your a short little shit

gotcha.
to me, it seemed a bit more relaxed riding position than my SV, which supprised me actually.
and the salesman didn't see it. he went back inside with the gf.

your biggest prob will be the rear brake lever.
it is adjustable, but when it's all the way out, the engine case will interfere.
it was set about in the middle on the showfloor, and it was ok for me...
but for a bigfoot like yourself, could cause issues.

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
gotcha.
to me, it seemed a bit more relaxed riding position than my SV, which supprised me actually.
and the salesman didn't see it. he went back inside with the gf.

your biggest prob will be the rear brake lever.
it is adjustable, but when it's all the way out, the engine case will interfere.
it was set about in the middle on the showfloor, and it was ok for me...
but for a bigfoot like yourself, could cause issues.

Yeah I'd imagine new rear sets would be a given

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'd imagine new rear sets would be a given

idk... seemed comfy for me.

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:51 PM
idk... seemed comfy for me.

well I mean for bigfoot's like my self...

(is it bigfoot's... or bigfeet or bigfeets?)

Cutty72
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
well I mean for bigfoot's like my self...

(is it bigfoot's... or bigfeet or bigfeets?)

big un's

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
big un's

:lol: ok

Phenix_Rider
03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Dunno how big your boots are ebbs, but I had no trouble on the brake pedal or shifter wearing my size 12 work boots. Since riding boots are generally smaller, it should be fine. I didn't like the passenger pegs being so close to the rider's though- my heels kept getting caught. Those need to leave.

big un's
Lot's of other big un's I'd rather see... Like Neebs' :drool:

Mr Lefty
03-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Dunno how big your boots are ebbs, but I had no trouble on the brake pedal or shifter wearing my size 12 work boots. Since riding boots are generally smaller, it should be fine. I didn't like the passenger pegs being so close to the rider's though- my heels kept getting caught. Those need to leave.

yeah I wear 12 in boots... 11.5 in most shoes...

yeah the pass pegs will be gone as soon as I got home :lol:... mine would be gone off my bike right now if it wasn't that one was the exhaust hanger

Phenix_Rider
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
yeah I wear 12 in boots... 11.5 in most shoes...

yeah the pass pegs will be gone as soon as I got home :lol:... mine would be gone off my bike right now if it wasn't that one was the exhaust hanger

:lol: Same thing I said before I got a bike. But the way they're built on the 650R I can't! I've found a few uses for them though.

Cutty72
03-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Never had an issue with the pass pegs... then again, i wa just in the parking lot.

They would probably go anyway... just cause.