PDA

View Full Version : Draggin Jeans

Bassplayer
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey anyone try these? i was thinkin of pickin up a pair, i hear they are good.
Id like to hear some feedback on these.
http://www.dragginjeans.com/default.aspx

Bassplayer
03-24-2008, 07:17 PM
i think weve all seen the vids of the guy getting pulled down the track wearing these jeans, hes all good and walking away... but here ya go anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKzAORD35I

LaFemmes
03-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Any extra protection, is good protection.
Although, I do not own a pair, I hear good things about them.

azoomm
03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Draggin is good.

Cortech is better.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=252&cat=26

pickle.of.doom
03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I was thinkin about them, but I am going to pick up some of the bohn underamor pants instead, and just wear that underneath regular jeans. Gives you more options, and I think that the Bohn product offers a higher level of protection.

Cutty72
03-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I think Ebbs has a pair, but i'm not sure.

jtemple
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Draggin is good.

Cortech is better.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=252&cat=26I have the Cortechs and couldn't be happier. Off the bike, the knee armor kind of rubs you funny. But, on the bike, it's fine.

I wouldn't expect the armor to stay in place, should I go down, though. They just don't fit like leathers do. I only wear them for casual rides, anyway.

Phenix_Rider
03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Draggin is good.

Cortech is better.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=252&cat=26
I have a pair of the "classic" Draggin Jeans. Great protection, and you have to read their testimonials- like the two old guys on tour that wrecked and the EMT couldn't cut through the jeans:dthumb:

Thing is, the classic feel like old man pants. Too tight in the hips for my tastes. I got them for a great price (like $80) and thought they'd break in. (I think they shrank) The loose fit 32s almost fit me, and mine are 34s, so that might be the way to go. They have cargoes on the US site, and I think the australia site has zip-off cargo short deals.

I have the Cortechs and couldn't be happier. Off the bike, the knee armor kind of rubs you funny. But, on the bike, it's fine.

I just ordered a pair of the Mod Denim pants. Looked at the DSX too, but couldn't see any difference.

I'm considering getting a pair of Icon's Anthem pants if I can find them under $110. Supposed to be the same coverage as Draggin with more style.

azoomm
03-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I have the Cortechs and couldn't be happier. Off the bike, the knee armor kind of rubs you funny. But, on the bike, it's fine.

I wouldn't expect the armor to stay in place, should I go down, though. They just don't fit like leathers do. I only wear them for casual rides, anyway.

Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.

Phenix_Rider
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.

That may be the only difference between the Mod and DSX.

Amber Lamps
03-25-2008, 03:00 AM
I have a pair of the Draggin Jeans. I hate the cut and the way they look. They remind me of Rustlers or Wranglers. I also have Shift,Icon and LBZ riding jeans/pants. Of them all,the Icons fit and look the best but I doubt they have the protection of the Draggin Jeans. I also have the Bohn under armor. I think it would provide great protection but I found it to be very hot. I got a severe case of monkey butt wearing it on a long ride and quit using them. BTW I just ordered the Icon Leather pants. Supposedly they follow Icon's general style lines,ie boot cut/loose fit. I'm hoping the airflow will be good. I'll let everyone know when they come in. Maybe I'll join Photobucket so I can post some pics.

fatburg
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm assuming you would want to buy them a couple inches long to avoid ride up wouldn't ya?

jtemple
03-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.Mine have the velcro pockets. I just bought them last season. The armor will stay inside the jeans where it is supposed to. What I'm talking about is the jeans sliding around on me, since jeans are a lot baggier than leathers.

marko138
03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I was thinkin about them, but I am going to pick up some of the bohn underamor pants instead, and just wear that underneath regular jeans. Gives you more options, and I think that the Bohn product offers a higher level of protection.
I'm looking for a pair of Bohn Adventure shorts for under my leathers.

NeonspeedRT
03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I currently own two pairs of Draggin Jeans. I have their regular jeans and the cargo jeans. The cargo jeans are much, much more comfortable and look better then the regular jeans. Draggin jeans fit true to size. I bought them in the size jeans I normally wear and they both fit perfect.

I also have a pair of Shift riding jeans that I like alot, but not as much as the Draggin jeans.

I've tried on Joe Rocket riding jeans, Cortech riding jeans, and Icon riding jeans. None of those fit as well as the Draggin Jeans or offered as much protection as the Draggin jeans. The Shift jeans were a close second, which is why I went with them. But the Draggin jeans are still the best "riding" jeans i've worn.

The Draggin jeans use a much thicker dennim then other riding jeans and their stitching is tripple stitched all over for extra durability. They have plenty of Kevlar protection all around the legs, hips, and butt.

I highly reccomend them :dthumb:

marko138
03-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Are draggin jeans heavy in weight? And do they get hot in warm weather?

NeonspeedRT
03-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Are draggin jeans heavy in weight? And do they get hot in warm weather?

They are warmer in hot weather then regular jeans. I will say that. But nowhere near as bad as wearing leather. I ride pretty much year round. When it's 98 + 120% humidity i'm still riding.

marko138
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I wear leather always....and if it's that hot I just dont ride.

fnfalman
03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.

azoomm
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.

They are relaxed men's fit - that means I go for them to fit my hips, and deal with extra material at the waist. The newest ones I have, the pockets are small enough for the knee armor to fit into and they don't move... they are similar to the pockets for the armor in my jacket. Don't move at all.

I don't fit into women's gear... I'm now convinced that gear is all made for leprechauns :lmao: I need to have the option of an inseam well over 30.

The best fitting jeans so far for me have been the Ducati jeans - go figure. But, at $300+ a pair they can blow me...

z06boy
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I live near Hickory which is where they are HQ'd so I was able to ride up and try different pairs/styles on and walk out with them which is a good thing.

I have a pair of their utility jeans and also bought the knee/shin armor and have been happy with them.:dthumb:

Are they as "stylish" as my Lee jeans...ok probably not BUT I only wear them when I'm out riding and with kevlar across the butt and around the knees with the CE-rated armor on knees and shin...again...like them alot. :rockwoot:

My riding boots and Joe Rocket jacket aren't as "stylish" as my regular clothes either BUT come on...it's riding gear.
:idk:

fnfalman
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
They are relaxed men's fit - that means I go for them to fit my hips, and deal with extra material at the waist. The newest ones I have, the pockets are small enough for the knee armor to fit into and they don't move... they are similar to the pockets for the armor in my jacket. Don't move at all.

I don't fit into women's gear... I'm now convinced that gear is all made for leprechauns :lmao: I need to have the option of an inseam well over 30.

The best fitting jeans so far for me have been the Ducati jeans - go figure. But, at $300+ a pair they can blow me...

Thanks for the heads-up. If you could, you might try out a couple of BMW dealerships and see if they have the INOTEX (aka New Denim) pants left for women. BMW had discontinued the line but maybe there are still stocks floating around. They are cut long and of course, the women's line for the female fit.

Oops, forgot to add that they ain't cheap, but they are good though. Textiles that look and feel like denim.

NeonspeedRT
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I live near Hickory which is where they are HQ'd so I was able to ride up and try different pairs/styles on and walk out with them which is a good thing.

I have a pair of their utility jeans and also bought the knee/shin armor and have been happy with them.:dthumb:

The utility/cargo jeans are the way to go with Draggin Jeans. They look better and are much more comfortable to me.

I always buy a pair down at bikeweek. They usually have a tent set up and sell blems for $75. The jeans are absolutly fine. There might be an area where the stitching isn't in a straight line or something like that. It's nothing that compromises safety.

Z06, Check and see if they sell blems out of their HQ's. For the same thing, that can save quite abit of money.

z06boy
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
The utility/cargo jeans are the way to go with Draggin Jeans. They look better and are much more comfortable to me.

I always buy a pair down at bikeweek. They usually have a tent set up and sell blems for $75. The jeans are absolutly fine. There might be an area where the stitching isn't in a straight line or something like that. It's nothing that compromises safety.

Z06, Check and see if they sell blems out of their HQ's. For the same thing, that can save quite abit of money.

The do sell blems...I didn't buy blems but may go back and dig through the "room" full of them. :yes: :beers:

marko138
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM

$300? :wtf: Outrageous.

Amber Lamps
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
The do sell blems...I didn't buy blems but may go back and dig through the "room" full of them. :yes: :beers:

Hey bro,since you're so close to me,could you see if they have a 36/34 in the cargo jeans. I never tried those since I hated the regular ones so much. Thanks.

azoomm
03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. If you could, you might try out a couple of BMW dealerships and see if they have the INOTEX (aka New Denim) pants left for women. BMW had discontinued the line but maybe there are still stocks floating around. They are cut long and of course, the women's line for the female fit.

Oops, forgot to add that they ain't cheap, but they are good though. Textiles that look and feel like denim.

I tried, Lone Star BMW had them here... and the sizing was strange. Couldn't get a pair to save my own life. They went rather quickly, we seem to have a larger contingent of women riders here in the Austin area.

$300? :wtf: Outrageous.

That is a direct product of the Carbon Fibre wallet syndrome they think all Ducatisti have...

marko138
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
I tried, Lone Star BMW had them here... and the sizing was strange. Couldn't get a pair to save my own life. They went rather quickly, we seem to have a larger contingent of women riders here in the Austin area.

That is a direct product of the Carbon Fibre wallet syndrome they think all Ducatisti have...
This is not the first I have heard of this kind of pricing on their apparel.

NeonspeedRT
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Here's a good review of the Ducati Jeans. $399 a pair ouch. I'll stick with Draggin Jeans for that price.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-jeans/e-squad-jeans/

Here is a good review of Draggin Jeans...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/draggin-jeans/draggin-jeans.htm

Bassplayer
03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
thnx guys, ill pick up a pair! :dthumb::dthumb:

z06boy
03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey bro,since you're so close to me,could you see if they have a 36/34 in the cargo jeans. I never tried those since I hated the regular ones so much. Thanks.

I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.

Amber Lamps
03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.

That's cool bro,whenever is fine.

ceo012384
03-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I've heard good things about those. I've been considering picking up a pair to widen the range of situations where I would ride. Get some more basic street time in.

OneSickPsycho
03-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.

PhiSig1071
03-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.

z06boy
03-31-2008, 11:19 AM
I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.

Yea I hear ya but that's what the kevlar is for...."the burn"...plus these are 14.5 oz. denim...not to be compared with "regular" jeans...whether they "tore" or not. I also have their CE-rated knee/shinn armor included so I think they're just fine.

It also helps having pokets in jeans...I have a thickazz leather wallet in one hip pocket and the hard plastic kickstand plate/thingy in the other hip pocket for added protection against burning my azz in a slide.:yes:

To each their own though. :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider
03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.

The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt:no:

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.:dthumb:

PhiSig1071
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt:no:

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.:dthumb:

I actually kinda like the skull (although I haven't seen the jeans in person). Plus the Strongarm is less money. Between the two I'm more concerned with fit and protection, if they're uncomfortable and I don't wear them they're not going to save my ass. I'll look around, I'm planning a trip from KW to Alaska next summer, so I might be saving the money to buy something more along the lines of a adventure touring jacket/pants combo. (I don't know how a muddy set of Icon jeans would look on a KLR on the AL-Can.)

the chi
03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I have the ladies ICON jeans, cant remember which style, it was last years I think, and while protection wise they are good, the fit really sucks...I agree with Zoomie...i am oddly sized anyway, but the first pair I ordered the waist would have been fine, but they didnt go past the hips and thighs, and the second pair almost fits in the hips, it is huge in the waist, but the length was good!! :lol: For me, I'll stick with leathers on the track and for "spirited" riding, and regular jeans the rest of the time...ladies beware of the stretchy jeans tho, those offer ZERO protection since they arent real denim, think levi's and such for sturdy non armored riding jeans...