PDA

View Full Version : Gear for the rally

ericr
04-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I think GA has hit late spring, early summer temps pretty much for good now so plan accordingly. It will be cool at night and hot during the day. The sun is VERY intense down here, for you northern pale people :D sunscreen in your friend if you are uncovered anywhere. Scattered rain is always a possibility here too even if there are no storm fronts.

Here's the 10 day forcast from today...

10-Day Forecast NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads

High /
Low (°F) Precip. %
Today
Apr 25 Mostly Sunny 83°/51° 10 %
Sun
Apr 26 Mostly Sunny 82°/51° 10 %
Mon
Apr 27 Mostly Sunny 80°/50° 10 %
Tue
Apr 28 Mostly Cloudy 78°/54° 10 %
Wed
Apr 29 Scattered T-Storms 79°/56° 40 %
Thu
Apr 30 Partly Cloudy 79°/54° 10 %
Fri
May 01 Partly Cloudy 80°/54° 20 %
Sat
May 02 Isolated T-Storms 80°/55° 30 %
Sun
May 03 Sunny 79°/54° 0 %
Mon
May 04 Partly Cloudy 78°/55° 10 %
Last Updated Apr 25 09:26 a.m. ET

We're getting close!! :rockwoot:

Mr Lefty
04-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Hell yeah! Can't wait

rogue
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Amber Lamps
04-25-2009, 04:58 PM
:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

:rockwoot: < See this guy? Study that head motion, I'll see you in two weeks......:lol::wink::drool:

tommymac
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
:rockwoot: < See this guy? Study that head motion, I'll see you in two weeks......:lol::wink::drool:

dood I have been a metal head since the 80's and got that and moshing down pat :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

We got hit with a mini heatwave here now, prolly going to hit 90 today. I am figuring on taking my mesh and a few sweatshirts, plus rain gear of course :dthumb:

Tom

Amorok
04-26-2009, 01:03 PM
dood I have been a metal head since the 80's and got that and moshing down pat :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

We got hit with a mini heatwave here now, prolly going to hit 90 today. I am figuring on taking my mesh and a few sweatshirts, plus rain gear of course :dthumb:

Tom

I thought he was talking to the girls, that the head motion was for them.

I can't wait. I want to get away from my life for a week so bad. Everything sucks right now, I can't wait for a whole weekend of motorcycles and beer. No wife pissing me off, no kids constantly freaking out after having sugar, and while I still won't be having sex...at least I'll be riding a motorcycle, and my wife won't be around so it'll make sense, although it doesn't make sense right now...fuck. I've got to get the hell out of here.

rogue
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
:lmao: :lmao:

I can't wait to get the hell away myself!!! After the last year or so of all the hell I've been through I need a break! :panic:

tommymac
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I am stressing now as time gets closer. I have a leaking fork seal so th eforks come off tues and go to the shop for oil and replacemtns (dont have time to attack it myself) I also need to try to replace my chain either before or after I do that, then I should be good to go.

Got scared yesterday morning too since I fired up the bike and it spit out a lot of smoke, I thought great what now, but I think it may be from washing it since i blasted it quite a bit with the hose and it seems to have resolved.

Tom

Phenix_Rider
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I am stressing now as time gets closer. I have a leaking fork seal so th eforks come off tues and go to the shop for oil and replacemtns (dont have time to attack it myself) I also need to try to replace my chain either before or after I do that, then I should be good to go.

Got scared yesterday morning too since I fired up the bike and it spit out a lot of smoke, I thought great what now, but I think it may be from washing it since i blasted it quite a bit with the hose and it seems to have resolved.

Tom

:lol: fork seal. I just ordered emulators last night that I plan to install before I leave.

derf
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I have my brother coming over thursday to learn how to change my chain, and hes gonna change my oil too. I also managed to put the vista cruise throttle lock on today, a pain in the ass with just one hand.

I'm gonna drop my truck off at the shop to change its oil too incase AI need to drive that down with my bike in the back.

I also figured out how to cut my own cast off and still be able to use it as a splint, if the doc doesn't take it off the morning of the 6th. i will ride my bike in GA, just may not ride it to.

Sixxxxer
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
I think youll be able to keep up with me and tommy if you end up having to drive...i dont plan on going THAt fast the whole way ;)

Good to hear your still going...

Im all set...Bike got serviced I already scrubbed in my new rear tire I put like 300 miles on it already...Chain is good oil is fresh Im all set...just gotta pack my tail bag and Im fucking Set!!!

derf
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
The speed limiter on my truck is at 94mph, up to there I'm good.

And if you guys get tired and wanna take a brake, I can fit 3 bikes back there, it takes alot of maneuvering but its possible.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-26-2009, 07:12 PM
3rd rally for me, and im glad this year's turn out will be better than ever. it'll be hard to beat last years 5 or 6 people, but i think we'll do it.

It'll be good to see u guys again. it almost seems unreal we're having it this early in the year.

Mr Lefty
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
well it's nice to have something this early... especially with Indy at the end of the summer... pretty cool

Sixxxxer
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
The speed limiter on my truck is at 94mph, up to there I'm good.

And if you guys get tired and wanna take a brake, I can fit 3 bikes back there, it takes alot of maneuvering but its possible.

Im no trying to outrun police or anything...I certainly wasnt planning on keeping a speed THAT high...Ill burn fuel like a madman...You should be good.

And Def will let you know about the Option to put her in the back...I have never ridden this far so I dunnno how im gonna handle it...but I PLAN on riding the whole thing.

derf
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeh hope we dont have to put all 3 in the back of the truck, its quite the perilouse and an ackward series of maneuvers that we would have to do to get 3 bikes back there. The 2 bikes on the sides face forward, and the middle needs to be backed in between them while they get leaned over , then the outer 2 bikes get tied down, and the middle one gets supported by the 2 outer ones.

Mr Lefty
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
wow... yeah that might be ok for short jaunts... not something I'd wanna do for a long haul... especially when you get off the freeway and get on to some of the twisty back country roads in GA

Sixxxxer
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeh hope we dont have to put all 3 in the back of the truck, its quite the perilouse and an ackward series of maneuvers that we would have to do to get 3 bikes back there. The 2 bikes on the sides face forward, and the middle needs to be backed in between them while they get leaned over , then the outer 2 bikes get tied down, and the middle one gets supported by the 2 outer ones.

I dont think all that will have to happen...Sounds CRAZY...Lol, Like I said Im def gonna plan on riding the whole way...and if need be we could always rotate out bikes?? That may just be a PITA though...well have to see what tommy thinks. I get the vibe hes gonna try and ride with me as well...but who knows.

Im ansty already and its not even May yet...Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!

Cutty72
04-26-2009, 09:11 PM
hmmm... GA should be closer, then I could go... provided that this flood stuff would be done by then.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Im no trying to outrun police or anything...I certainly wasnt planning on keeping a speed THAT high...Ill burn fuel like a madman...You should be good.

And Def will let you know about the Option to put her in the back...I have never ridden this far so I dunnno how im gonna handle it...but I PLAN on riding the whole thing.

I figured we try to average something around 70 and we will be good. i think the speed limit in va or wva on 81 is 75 anyway. I got pulled over on saturday up on the taconic, officer said i was doing 75 and figured i would take that since i knew I was going faster. fortunatley he let me go after I showed him my pba cards and hospital ID :rockwoot:

Did 60 the rest of the way home though.

tom