PDA

View Full Version : tire repair kits

tommymac
04-27-2009, 02:43 AM
been lookin garound for something to have before the rally and wanted to see what you guys recommend. A friend has one of the slime repair kits but it seem slike thats just like fix a flat. I wanted to know if that would be adequate or woudl be better off with a kit to plug a puncture?

Tom

Riceaholic
04-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I've always used a plug but a plug won't help if you have no way to fill the tire.:idk:

tommymac
04-27-2009, 06:18 AM
I've always used a plug but a plug won't help if you have no way to fill the tire.:idk:

seems mos tof the repair kits have co2 cartriges sp? to fill the tire or at least get enough pressure in it to ride it somewhere where you can adequateley fill it up.

tom

Riceaholic
04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
That's the new high-tech version. I just had a car tire kit. I'd pull the nail and try to jam the plug in before all the air leaked out...:lol:

Phenix_Rider
04-27-2009, 07:37 AM
I have a Stop&Go ATV patch kit. 3-4 CO2 and the reamer, install tool and licorice sticks. Cost maybe $15. Found a bicycle shop that has replacement CO2 for about $2 ea. The threaded ones are hard to find, but the press-in are everywhere (used in BB guns)

derf
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I've successfully used a bycicle hand pump in the past, it works, but it takes a real long time, and its only temporary enough to get you to a fill station.

buzzcutt2
04-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I have a Stop&Go ATV patch kit. 3-4 CO2 and the reamer, install tool and licorice sticks. Cost maybe $15. Found a bicycle shop that has replacement CO2 for about $2 ea. The threaded ones are hard to find, but the press-in are everywhere (used in BB guns)

The non-threaded can be purchased at wal-mart pretty cheap.

Phenix_Rider
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
The non-threaded can be purchased at wal-mart pretty cheap.

Exactly- but a the kit I have doesn't use those.

Gas Man
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't mind gettting a nice setup for my trips this summer.

Mr Lefty
04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
NEVA NEVA NEVA use slime on your bike... FUCK THAT SHIT!

I used it at the recomindation of a shop in Anchorage... told me that it's like a perminant seal... well the fuck'n slime came out at speed and sprayed the bottom of my bike with green shit. it's a fuck'n PAIN IN THE ASS to clean off... and who ever changes your tire will kick you in the nuts... or should have free rains to do so.

tommymac
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
NEVA NEVA NEVA use slime on your bike... FUCK THAT SHIT!

I used it at the recomindation of a shop in Anchorage... told me that it's like a perminant seal... well the fuck'n slime came out at speed and sprayed the bottom of my bike with green shit. it's a fuck'n PAIN IN THE ASS to clean off... and who ever changes your tire will kick you in the nuts... or should have free rains to do so.

I change my own tires and i realy dont want to kick myself in the nuts. I guess I will pick up something from aerostich or something.

Tom

Mr Lefty
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I change my own tires and i realy dont want to kick myself in the nuts. I guess I will pick up something from aerostich or something.

Tom

yeah not only would you likely dislocate a hip... but you'd also have really sore nuts