PDA

View Full Version : ATV + Freezing temps= Bassplayer Flying through Air

Bassplayer
04-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Uh yea...
So im out camping with fam and neighbor, my neighbor brought his ATVs.
So i take em out for a bit, all is well and fun...

Until,...

(Temps have been dancing around 30's, my hands are numb with gloves on)
I over estimate a turn, going too fast, lock the brakes, and slam the left rear into the cement curb-like thingy. I get launched twenty feet away from the Atv. Landing hard on my knees and wrists. Then sliding on the dirt covered concrete. So, Damage=

Heavy Bone Bruising on both knees, (locking up)
Jammed Wrist
Road rash up left leg
and back all outta wack
Strained Hamstring

ATV=No Damage

But i was wearing full gear, so Im okay, and things obviously could be sooo much worse...

But, I can hardly walk and my back is killin me...BAH!

Lamnidae
04-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Damn.

glad to hear you weren't more seriously hurt.....

Bassplayer
04-27-2009, 02:19 PM
im going to dr. today lol just to make sure.. i woke up not able to get to my feet

Trip
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
damn dude...ATVs have always scared me. I just don't like the feel of them. People seems to be less scared of them because they have 4 wheels over the 2 of a motorcycle. Seems a lot of bad shit from people wrecking them with no gear on.

Cutty72
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
damn dude...ATVs have always scared me. I just don't like the feel of them. People seems to be less scared of them because they have 4 wheels over the 2 of a motorcycle. Seems a lot of bad shit from people wrecking them with no gear on.

Most all the ATV's I've ever been on only had 3 wheels? :idk:
Started riding when i was 5... yeah, never wore shit for gear.

I'd like a utility quad. Another thing on the list for when I get back.

Glad you are somewhat ok though man!

Mikey
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM

I don't have a lot of quad exprience, and maybe that's my problem. Still, I have ridden some (and lots of 3-wheelers), and I always felt more stable on two wheels than three or four. :idk:

ETA: Good luck on the recovery, man. Sometimes you don't know how bad you screwed up until a day or two after it happens.

Bassplayer
04-28-2009, 01:38 AM
yup, today I can hardly walk...

Mr Lefty
04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
yeah get to the DR... you could have fucked up your knee cap's like OSP did his... next time just lead with your face... cushon the fall :lol:

glad your alright bro... getting closer to the SV?

Trip
04-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Most all the ATV's I've ever been on only had 3 wheels? :idk:
Started riding when i was 5... yeah, never wore shit for gear.

I'd like a utility quad. Another thing on the list for when I get back.

Glad you are somewhat ok though man!

I don't have a lot of quad exprience, and maybe that's my problem. Still, I have ridden some (and lots of 3-wheelers), and I always felt more stable on two wheels than three or four. :idk:

ETA: Good luck on the recovery, man. Sometimes you don't know how bad you screwed up until a day or two after it happens.

Yeah, 3-wheelers are old school. Do they even still make em? We had one, those things were dangerous as shit. Could do a barrel roll easy. That's why I always shake my head at the people who bring trikes to the gap and try to ride it fast.

Cutty72
04-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah, 3-wheelers are old school. Do they even still make em? We had one, those things were dangerous as shit. Could do a barrel roll easy. That's why I always shake my head at the people who bring trikes to the gap and try to ride it fast.

It's been illegal to produce a off road 3-wheeler since 1986.
The were only as dangerous as the person controlling them, just like anything else. I flipped our 125cc 4 wheeler far more times than our 200cc 3-wheeler, and I was far more reckless on the 3-wheeler.

And why are trikes still legal on street, but 3-wheel ATC's were outlawed. I just don't get it.

If ya can't tell, I'm a 3 wheeler advocate. I'd love to get my hands on a Honda 350X in decent shape.

Mr Lefty
04-30-2009, 08:04 AM
It's been illegal to produce a off road 3-wheeler since 1986.
The were only as dangerous as the person controlling them, just like anything else. I flipped our 125cc 4 wheeler far more times than our 200cc 3-wheeler, and I was far more reckless on the 3-wheeler.

And why are trikes still legal on street, but 3-wheel ATC's were outlawed. I just don't get it.

If ya can't tell, I'm a 3 wheeler advocate. I'd love to get my hands on a Honda 350X in decent shape.

cause the major issue with 3 wheelers was going down a hill and crank'n on the handle bars one way or the other... it'd roll... really easy. people tend to be a bit more cautious on the street... and not often do you have a sharp 90* corner mid hill... if you do on the street they're usually banked a bit.

but you're in ND... so I understand you not knowing about hills and such... :wink:

Cutty72
04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
cause the major issue with 3 wheelers was going down a hill and crank'n on the handle bars one way or the other... it'd roll... really easy. people tend to be a bit more cautious on the street... and not often do you have a sharp 90* corner mid hill... if you do on the street they're usually banked a bit.

but you're in ND... so I understand you not knowing about hills and such... :wink:

Exactly like i said. Problem was dumbass operators, not the equipment being used.