PDA

View Full Version : Ladies JR gloves?

the chi
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I need some sizing assistance. I am looking at getting a pair of Joe Rocket gloves but having never worn them, I am not certain of their fit.

Do they run small, short, wide, etc?

I have very narrow hands with long skinny fingers, typically I can wear a medium or large, but judging fro the sizing chart, theres no way I could wear a large. Anyone wear JR gloves?

skiergirl
04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I have two pair of JR and love them but I hate to admit I don't know what size they are. I'll look when I get home tonight for you.

TYEster
04-29-2009, 05:38 PM
I have two pair of JR and love them but I hate to admit I don't know what size they are. I'll look when I get home tonight for you.

LOL they are large. And considering since I wear large gloves too, I'd say they aren't true to fit since I can wear hers. Maybe not at the track, but getting from A to B it's not so tight a fit.

But since everyone's hand is different, the only way to know is try em on.

*edit - so their medium, but I think they're mens, or UNIsex gloves since nothing on them constitutes "woman" gear. And since I barely fit mediums, this all makes more sense to me.

HurricaneHeather
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I have long skinny hands(but maybe a bit bigger because,, well small hands would silly on a giant like me:lol:) and have a couple pairs of JR gloves....they are down at my parents house though so I can call my dad and ask him to look tonight. I think they are larges and they are ladies gloves. They also hold up well in a crash :wink:

Amber Lamps
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
I obviously can't help you as far as female sizing but in men's sizes they run with everyone else for the most part.

the chi
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
:lol: Thanks guys!

My grandmother said I have piano playing fingers, long and slender, but for me they = spider monkey! Gloves that tend towards wider hands and stubbier fingers are a no go...

In any case, please let me know, in the meantime I just ordered these:

http://assets2.revzilla.com/product_images/0008/3880/Fieldsheer_Roxanne_Glove_White_detail.jpg?12351542 28

Revzilla was good, faster shipping than other retailers, and very personable on the phone. Free shipping, price match and knowledgeable folks! :dthumb:

TYEster
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow I thought I had an affinity for white gear, those are some WHITE ass gloves.

julie j
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I am pretty sure I have the JR Ballistics in a large. My hands are very similar to what you described with my fingers being almost as long as my palms. Very spider monkey. :lol: They fit my fingers great unless I let my fingernails get too long. Then the stitching rides under my nails. :panic:

skiergirl
04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I actually have a Mens GPX in medium that fits pretty well, not loose but could be just a tad tighter, the small was too tight. (these are over the wrist)

I have a shorter pair of JR Phoenix size M/L that fit perfect. I think they are women's but I'm really not positive.

Phenix_Rider
04-29-2009, 07:57 PM

My grandmother said I have piano playing fingers, long and slender, but for me they = spider monkey! Gloves that tend towards wider hands and stubbier fingers are a no go...

http://assets2.revzilla.com/product_images/0008/3880/Fieldsheer_Roxanne_Glove_White_detail.jpg?12351542 28

Revzilla was good, faster shipping than other retailers, and very personable on the phone. Free shipping, price match and knowledgeable folks! :dthumb:

Astronaut gloves?! :sorry:

JR gloves seem to fit about average- same as Power Trip or Shift, but larger than A* and Cortech's sport gloves.

Amber Lamps
04-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Me and Chi' are white gear whores!!!:lol:

LittleTaz
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I have the JR Women's Highside gloves in small. My hands are kind of wide I think and my fingers are just kind of average, I guess... not long and skinny, but not stubby either. I tried the mediums first but the fingers were a little too long... the fingers in the small fit, but are just almost too short. I switched to A* Stella SP-2's in a medium which fit perfectly if that gives you any sort of comparison :idk:

the chi
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I like my white gear...:shrug:

As for these, I got an email about the closeout sale, Fieldsheer had some changeups so alot of their stuff is selling on closeout right now, and compared to all the fru fru fancy ladies gloves that offered zero protection and race gloves which I already have, I figure these will make a good middle ground. I had the icon shorties, but somehow ripped out parts of the palms so I decided to get a new pair. I'll let ya'll know how the FS sizing is...

CrazyKell
06-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I have JR gloves but they're mens and I wear a small.