PDA

View Full Version : Neon drivers...

Particle Man
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
:scratch: Why do you feel the need to try to race anything on two wheels? Is it to prove how crappy your car really is because that's all it's proven the last 100 times a Neon has tried to take me off a light (and all I'm riding is an SV).

:scratch: I dun get it

z06boy
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
:idk:Dunno...I would never try that in the wife's SRT-4 (Neon). Now if I was in the Z06...on the R1...or the R6 I may give it a shot. :whistle:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b6d801b3127ccece3c6887e11300000010O08AcMWjly5cNA e3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b6d801b3127ccece3def26812500000010O08AcMWjly5cNA e3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Hey...it's paid for. :idk:

Fighter jets ready to scramble. :lol:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d725b3127ccec55cf383819700000040O08AcMWjly5cNA e3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Particle Man
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
see, that's just it: it's never anything like an SRT-4 - it's always the older ones (the ones they used to advertise with "hi") :lol:

BobTheBiker
04-30-2009, 03:58 PM
you mean the faggy ass 420a powered pieces of shit? I know them well. they DO SUCK too.

let em try and take my 1000R on, it may be 24 years old and ugly, but BY GOD your little neon will be mine afterwards.

Homeslice
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
It's because the vast majority of Neon drivers are skinny white boys from the suburbs, and skinny white boys from the suburbs are into street racing

neebelung
04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
:rofl:

Speaking as a woman married to a man-who-used-to-build-and-race-Neons (fast ones, actually) I can say with 100% confidence - I have NO fucking idea... :lol: Seriously, Chris had fast Neons (no, it's not always an oxymoron), and he would've NEVER even thought of attempting to race a bike. :lol:

The whole reason he got AWAY from them is because once he got a bike, he knew no matter WHAT ya do to a car, the bike will always be faster. Sounds like the skinny ass white boys in your hood need to be taught that lesson.

Particle Man
04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
the skinny ass white boys in your hood need to be taught that lesson.

They are... they just never learn.

Dave
04-30-2009, 04:51 PM
you mean the faggy ass 420a powered pieces of shit? I know them well. they DO SUCK too.

let em try and take my 1000R on, it may be 24 years old and ugly, but BY GOD your little neon will be mine afterwards.

420a is a bad bitch with the right parts ;) not bike bad but bad lol

BobTheBiker
04-30-2009, 06:18 PM

personally, I hate those cars, and their motors. the 420a, and the mitsubishi 4G63 and all its variants. yes you can make some good power for relatively cheap, but honestly, who gives a fuck? bikes will outrun most cars on the road any day of the week anywhere on earth pretty much. plus we get more hot women than the neon drivers.

z06boy
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
see, that's just it: it's never anything like an SRT-4 - it's always the older ones (the ones they used to advertise with "hi") :lol:

:beers: Yeah when we bought the car (for the wife)...back in 2003 she wanted something fairly quick...good handling and brakes...manual transmission and for not much money. :scratch: :lol:

We were living together and saving for a trip to Hawaii to get married on the beach and also in the process of purchasing our home.

The little yellow car has actually been a good one...four doors and a bigazz trunk and can still turn about a 14 second 1/4 mile.

Funny thing though the typical driver IS skinny young white guys :lol:...they see her car (tinted windows)and think it's one of their buddies and then see she's a middleaged woman and must think someone's mom is driving their kids car. She laughs about that all the time.

AquaPython
05-01-2009, 10:59 AM
fuck yea i have been saying that for years!
seems everyone in a neon drives like a complete douche nozzle!

z06boy
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
fuck yea i have been saying that for years!
seems everyone in a neon drives like a complete douche nozzle!

Yep just like the wide brush sportbike riders get hit with. :idk:

NeonspeedRT
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM

The 420a can be made to be a pretty quick motor. I've built several Neon's over the years. At last count i've owned 5 different 1st gen's. I've autocrossed them and drag raced them. My fastest 1st gen Neon was running 12.68's in the 1/4. My last R/T was all motor and running 14.2's in the 1/4, all with full interior, a/c, and p/s still hooked up.

Now that being said, I never would have even thought about challenging a bike with any of my cars. I have helped build a few 1st gen Neon's that were bike killers though. I've helped build several 400+ hp Neon's that would suprise a bike every now and then. How about a 575hp street legal 1st gen Neon. I saw that one take out a Busa from a roll :rockwoot:

NeonspeedRT
05-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Here was my last R/T I built. She ran a 14.2, still got over 30mpg, and handled like a Vette on the autocross course...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/neonspeedrt/myrt6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/neonspeedrt/flneonsday1_img_1425.jpg

JoJoYZF
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
The 420a can be made quick and I still like the 4g63 a lot, but neons are some of the ugliest cars ever made.

Homeslice
05-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I actually thought the SRT4 was good-looking. But then you get inside and..........the only nice thing was the sport seats

101lifts2
05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
.... Sounds like the skinny ass white boys in your hood need to be taught that lesson.

Here was my last R/T I built. She ran a 14.2, still got over 30mpg, and handled like a Vette on the autocross course...[/IMG]

tallywacker
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't see how someone can justify spending money modifiying a neon let alone drive it. You spend 5 thousand in parts wow! Its still a neon.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Its not really the car that inspires the people to try and take u in the 1/4 mile at the light, its usually the plastic rims and trash can exaust the Kid (whether by age or by maturity) had "installed" that causes them to perpetuate their downward spiral into endless disapointment. These kids usually go out years later and buy a bike. Then they spend countless hours in the parking lot of a local taco bell waiting for the next generation of neons to roll up so they can attempt a wheelie and crash into a phone pole... ahh the cycle of douche.

Homeslice
05-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I can't see how someone can justify spending money modifiying a neon let alone drive it. You spend 5 thousand in parts wow! Its still a neon.

I'm sure Corvette owners say the same thing about Camaro/Mustang owners, and I'm sure Ferrari/Lamborghini owners say the same thing about Corvette owners.

tallywacker
05-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm sure Corvette owners say the same thing about Camaro/Mustang owners, and I'm sure Ferrari/Lamborghini owners say the same thing about Corvette owners.

Well own a passat and im still saying it.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Shit, its still a car. Fug it.

I only put money in my car when its neccessary to keep it running. or stopping. Thats all.

Particle Man
05-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Shit, its still a car. Fug it.

I only put money in my car when its neccessary to keep it running. or stopping. Thats all.

Pfft, the whole stopping thing is overrated

SteveP
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
A girl where I worked had an SRT4 that was heavliy modified. It was a quick little car for what it was.

It was on the 4 point lift one day and she was letting it idle and the wheels were spinning free. I made a comment that that's the fastest those wheels will ever spin She didn't find it funny! I thought it was hilarious.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Pfft, the whole stopping thing is overrated

lol i used to share the same ideology. Until i stopped my old honda with the brake all the way in. and the damn thing started to creep forward. OH SHIT.

JoJoYZF
05-03-2009, 12:33 AM

And itll only run 14s or 15s.

tallywacker
05-03-2009, 04:15 AM
And itll only run 14s or 15s.

I know Scott Mohler who is sponsored by mopar and drag races all motor neons. He runs in the 10's. Fastest all motor one out there. Lives near fredrick MD

JoJoYZF
05-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I know Scott Mohler who is sponsored by mopar and drag races all motor neons. He runs in the 10's. Fastest all motor one out there. Lives near fredrick MD

But Im doubting it was a stock neon that only had 5 grand dropped on it.

tallywacker
05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
But Im doubting it was a stock neon that only had 5 grand dropped on it.

My point was just a general neon statement for info. Not to be connected to the budget amount or any other post. Void where prohibited

JoJoYZF
05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
My point was just a general neon statement for info. Not to be connected to the budget amount or any other post. Void where prohibited

Gotcha. Like I said before, the 420a can be built up to make some pretty quick cars, but I still think neons are hideous.

NeonspeedRT
05-04-2009, 08:22 AM

How is Scott doing? I've hung out with him and Mike Crawford (another big Neon tuner) at many races. It's been years since i've seen either of them. Scott held the record for the fastest N/A (all motor) Neon. I think he ran a 10.3 in the 1/4 mile. He was knocking on the door of 9's for awhile.

NeonspeedRT
05-04-2009, 08:32 AM

And people spend money to make a civic go fast, and it's still a civic. And people spend money to make a mustang go fast, and it's still a mustang. Why does anyone spend money modifying anything they own? Simple, because they can.

Maybe if you combined all of my parts on the car I had $5k into it. So what, it's my money. Sure it was still a Neon. I knew it would always be a Neon. I had no illusions otherwise. But that was my choice. It was quicker then most other Neon's, it handled better then most Neon's, and it stopped better then most Neon's. That was my main goal. It was faster then alot of other production cars out there, it handled better then alot of production cars out there, and it stopped better then most other production cars out there. That was a bonus. I guarantee I did it alot cheaper then going out and buying a new car.

So why does someone go out and spend $1500 for a full exhaust system on their GSXR? To get that extra 3.5 hp they want. Why does someone go out and spend $250 on a power commander for their 600RR? It's still a 600cc bike. Why does anyone do any mods to a vehicle? Why is there such a big aftermarket for cars, trucks, sportbikes, cruisers, etc? Because people like doing things to their vehicles. Weither it's to make them faster, handle better, get better gas mileage, sound better, or look better.

The bottom line is it's your car/truck/bike. If you're the one making the payments on it, feel free to do whatever you want to it. If anyone want's to make my payments, i'll be more then happy to do whatever they want or don't want to my vehicles.

pauldun170
05-04-2009, 10:35 AM
People can dump on Neons all they want and yes a lot of them are garbage (shoddy build and design).

However, when they came out in the mid 90's they were very competitive. Good looking design, great power for the class and solid handling.
Of course you could grab a Civic or Corrolla and yes they were put together very well and were nice to drive...but if you actually wanted to get somewhere in a hurry you grabbed the Neon vs the gutless Civic or Corrolla.

The original DOHC Neon Coupe (anyone who purchased a Neon with that stupid 3spd automatic deserves to be tea bagged by there own grandfather) in 95 was the spirtual successor to the B13 SE-r except the Neon was a lot cheaper.

The later redesign of the Neon pimped it's rental car factor at the expense of "purchase worthiness" Chrysler made up for it by releasing the SRT4.
Yes, it may "just be a Neon" but when relased it was better than anything in the price range.

"Well the Civic is more refined"
Shut up fruitcake. Go fucking wine tasting or something.

Particle Man
05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Back to the original post :lol:

I'm not talking modified neons or SRT - I'm talking skinny white dude in a wife-beater driving a bone stock (except for some hubcaps from wal-mart :lol:) mid 90's neon who get pissed when you pass them because they're doing 40 in a 55 "cruisin'" or when they insist that they need to race bikes off every stop light. Most of the time, I just say whatever and let 'em tear the guts out of their car while I'm just taking off from the light like I normally would (apparently they think that's racing). I guess it's just a Napoleon complex.

z06boy
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
:lol: