PDA

View Full Version : Dusted off Tourist Trophy...

JK
03-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Inspired by the logo thread i wanted some riding pics to fool with... but since there is always the possibility of reproduction, the words 'mental property' comes to mind. Sooooooo instead of grabbing some web pictures i went into good ole touris trophy and took some pics to use in my amature logoing.

turns out i hooked myself again so now i ask:

Does anyone here want to do some "post your best time at track X" or something similar? just thought id ask... here are some of my pics in the meantime-

My john hopkins impression
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt3002.jpg

and others...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt2005.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt2004.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt30063.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt3007.jpg

camera muggin too....

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/tt3003.jpg

Dave
03-28-2008, 12:01 AM
i see you also love the 'blade :)

OneSickPsycho
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm usually pretty decent at racing games, but I am TT retarded...

Dave
03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
i could be down for some time trials...if i ever got r62 vegas out of my ps3 that is :P

WARputer
03-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Man I love that game !!!!

JK
03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
ok i'll start some and see if it catches- :)

where should i put em, id suck to have them just floating all over- :idk:

fatburg
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
ya, there's 3 year olds that are better at that game then mean

Dave
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
here is fine. i put it in today and got my ass handed to me. i hate that its almost all racing machine races and i cant seem to get one bigger than a 400 :(

JK
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
here is fine. i put it in today and got my ass handed to me. i hate that its almost all racing machine races and i cant seem to get one bigger than a 400 :(

that brings me to my next point of clarification: do you want to use the "best ya got" bike? that means if you win a RM bike you are free to use it to set your fast time. Of course that means winning race series or lisences and winning bikes. whatever yall think... Id like to juse what i gots. :D

WARputer
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah....I'd say just use whatever is in your garage....Hell, I've had better times with some of the racing model 2 strokes than a RM Gixxer 1K ....
SO is this what we're gonna post ?
1. The track
2. time
3. the bike used

?????????????

JK
03-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah....I'd say just use whatever is in your garage....Hell, I've had better times with some of the racing model 2 strokes than a RM Gixxer 1K ....
SO is this what we're gonna post ?
1. The track
2. time
3. the bike used

?????????????

the 2 strokes kill me. i just CANT ride em. I feel ya about the Gixxer- i crash that every time.

since theres no reason we'll lie about something like this, typing track-time-bike will do. Or a screen shot at the end will tell all.

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
How in the hell do you guys upload screen shots from the Playstation to the PC ? Is your Playstation hooked up to the internet ?:idk: Excuse my ignorance....by gaming standards, I'm an old fart ! :whistle:

dscort
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
this topic is kinda scary...... my buddy busted out tt last weekend. havent played in over a year. im hooked again also.....played it all week. at least im not the only one.

JK
03-28-2008, 11:18 PM
How in the hell do you guys upload screen shots from the Playstation to the PC ? Is your Playstation hooked up to the internet ?:idk: Excuse my ignorance....by gaming standards, I'm an old fart ! :whistle:

I figured it out a few days ago. in photo mode u can hook up the USB on the PS2 to your comp or use a flash drive and transfer like me. but for the time-track-bike shots i'll have to do with a camera shot of my tv.

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
this topic is kinda scary...... my buddy busted out tt last weekend. havent played in over a year. im hooked again also.....played it all week. at least im not the only one.

yep....I was surprised to see this thread myself, 'cause I had just pulled mine out last Tuesday & started playing. My son deleted everything on the memory card and I had to build up my bike supply again. :panic:

I figured it out a few days ago. in photo mode u can hook up the USB on the PS2 to your comp or use a flash drive and transfer like me. but for the time-track-bike shots i'll have to do with a camera shot of my tv.

Good idea....much easier to use the digital camera to upload. :dthumb:

Now I just need some time off from work to post up some times ....Nurenburg is a bitch to race on , but I love that track !!!:rockout:

Dave
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
yep....I was surprised to see this thread myself, 'cause I had just pulled mine out last Tuesday & started playing. My son deleted everything on the memory card and I had to build up my bike supply again. :panic:

Good idea....much easier to use the digital camera to upload. :dthumb:

Now I just need some time off from work to post up some times ....Nurenburg is a bitch to race on , but I love that track !!!:rockout:

haha yeah no nurburgring just yet, hows about the autum ring? or maybe el capitan?

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
The shorter tracks are good for really honing your skills and times 'cause you can easily memorize each turn and straightaway.

I'm gonna post some times up by Tuesday or Wed.....when I'm off from work.

JK
03-28-2008, 11:34 PM
we can start with a point and shoot track like ...one of those high speed rings? but that may be too bike important. :idk:

mabye good ole laguna seca. i always pitch it a Laguna-

but yeah those tight tracks are the most fun!

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Have any of you guys won the R1 or Gixxer 1K in the challanges ? It took we a while to beat the required times for those bikes ......definetly takes some practice with hitting the right lines and getting the throttle right coming out of the corners.

JK
03-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Have any of you guys won the R1 or Gixxer 1K in the challanges ? It took we a while to beat the required times for those bikes ......definetly takes some practice with hitting the right lines and getting the throttle right coming out of the corners.

i did. is it just me or is the gixxer fidigity?

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:45 PM
i did. is it just me or is the gixxer fidigity?

yeah...it dosen't like to brake and turn at the same time and it seems slippery in the corners sometimes.....but shit ! The power makes you catch up quickly....I like the RM Ducati 999 much better. Or is it the 1098 ? I can't remember. Been awhile since I've used them both. My favorite is the Suzuka Indurance bike .......I believe it's a modified CBR ? :idk:

Dave
03-28-2008, 11:51 PM
hah! id be happy if i could get one of the 600 RMs or actually any of the bigger RMs lol i spent hours tonight trying to unlock the super bol

WARputer
03-28-2008, 11:54 PM
The tracks that really kick my ass are the city runs .....especially when they're in the dark ....they piss me off !

PhiSig1071
03-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I've never played it but it sure sounds like fun.

Dave
03-29-2008, 12:01 PM
The tracks that really kick my ass are the city runs .....especially when they're in the dark ....they piss me off !

i got the vfr400 last night on a city track and it really wasnt that bad. touch the wall once though and you are :zowned:

dReWpY
03-29-2008, 12:30 PM
i like the RM R1 thats the bike of choice

JK
03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I've never played it but it sure sounds like fun.

ask around, you probably know someone who has it.:rockwoot:

i think the 7 stars CBR1000RR is my best bike. but it gets bonkers on the bumpy tracks. I tweaked on a MV Agusta F4 that railed pretty good but power was down to some of the other RM bikes.

WARputer
03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=JK;24922]ask around, you probably know someone who has it.:rockwoot:

i think the 7 stars CBR1000RR is my best bike.QUOTE]

Yes ....I agree .....isn't that the Suzuka Endurance Race bike ? :idk:

Dave
03-29-2008, 07:10 PM
ask around, you probably know someone who has it.:rockwoot:

i think the 7 stars CBR1000RR is my best bike. but it gets bonkers on the bumpy tracks. I tweaked on a MV Agusta F4 that railed pretty good but power was down to some of the other RM bikes.

oughtta be easy to find in any gamestop used bin. if you pay more than $12 you're wrong!

WARputer
03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't see any times yet ladies ! :poke: I need to have a baseline goal before I crank up the Playstation on my day off Monday.

Dave
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
the godfather is on lol

WARputer
03-29-2008, 08:39 PM
the godfather is on lol

Must be an Italian thang :idk:.....I've tried to watch that movie a few times and just couldn't get into it.

JK
03-29-2008, 10:01 PM
i have a baseline forthcoming-

Dave
03-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Must be an Italian thang :idk:.....I've tried to watch that movie a few times and just couldn't get into it.

im scotch irish actually. ive never been able to sit through it either but im always hearing about it so im making an extended attempt lol

WARputer
03-29-2008, 11:09 PM
i have a baseline forthcoming-

Sweet :rockout:

im scotch irish actually. ive never been able to sit through it either but im always hearing about it so im making an extended attempt lol

Irish here too ....Love the Italian ladies though. :drool:

JK
03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
------------------------Laguna Seca Time---------------------

Track: Laguna Seca
Bike: Seven Stars Honda CBR 1000RRW Suzuka 8 Hours '05
Time:1'28.943

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/sadie087e.jpg

I tried a 600 first but couldnt under 1'38.342. So i used the 7 Stars and got a very sketchy 1'31.924. Finally i realized the thing had hard tires on and used the soft tires to get the last time.

Dave
04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Sweet :rockout:

Irish here too ....Love the Italian ladies though. :drool:

ditto on that one

nice looking time there jk! well after hours of hard work today i finally bagged my super license and a semi decent rm: the ninja zx10! hopefully i can use this little green crap sandwich to unlock some decent shit so i can play too lol :willy:

WARputer
04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
------------------------Laguna Seca Time---------------------

Track: Laguna Seca
Bike: Seven Stars Honda CBR 1000RRW Suzuka 8 Hours '05
Time:1'28.943

Damn bro ....I tried a dozen times with all kinds of bikes and the best I could get was a 1:30 !!!:panic: So obviously no pic is needed ....

I'm gonna do a few other tracks tonight ....got the digital camera charging...and I'll put up the times .:dthumb:

JK
04-01-2008, 06:31 PM
looking forward to see what track yall trial on!

the fastest Laguna time ive seen is in the high 1' 24.XXX's. it wasnt verified with a screen shot but the lowest screen shot ive seen was in the 1'26.XXX's. so i guess theres alot more in the bike... i need to learn how to use this thing.

nice looking time there jk! well after hours of hard work today i finally bagged my super license and a semi decent rm: the ninja zx10! hopefully i can use this little green crap sandwich to unlock some decent shit so i can play too lol

yeah i hear ya, the game finally becomes fun when you get into the big bikes. heres something ive figured out... honda sorta 'sponsored-ish-abit' the game so its no suprise that the hondas handle the best out the box. tweaking things gets the other bikes real nice though.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I haven't played TT since it came out... it was a lot like Gran Turismo... other than the 3rd one which I beat all the way through...

I got bored with EARNING the bikes and just used a code or hack and free'd up all the cars/bikes and tracks... THAT was fun.

I'm intrested to see if they make a TT for PS3... doubt it though

JK
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't played TT since it came out... it was a lot like Gran Turismo... other than the 3rd one which I beat all the way through...

I got bored with EARNING the bikes and just used a code or hack and free'd up all the cars/bikes and tracks... THAT was fun.

I'm intrested to see if they make a TT for PS3... doubt it though

they need a TT2 with more bikes, online play, and cars mixed in.

WARputer
04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
I heard a TT2 was in the making. :idk:

Dave
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
looking forward to see what track yall trial on!

the fastest Laguna time ive seen is in the high 1' 24.XXX's. it wasnt verified with a screen shot but the lowest screen shot ive seen was in the 1'26.XXX's. so i guess theres alot more in the bike... i need to learn how to use this thing.

yeah i hear ya, the game finally becomes fun when you get into the big bikes. heres something ive figured out... honda sorta 'sponsored-ish-abit' the game so its no suprise that the hondas handle the best out the box. tweaking things gets the other bikes real nice though.

def, used the zx for a bit then went back and unlocked the rsv factory rm and did some editing to my riding posture. shit works reeeaaal nice now lol

I heard a TT2 was in the making. :idk:

me too, they gotta finish gt5 first though

WARputer
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I've realized that Tourist Trophy lap times and Beer ....don't blend too well !:lmao:

dubbs
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I've realized that Tourist Trophy lap times and Beer ....don't blend too well !:lmao:

Try.. :drewpy:

It works!

Dnyce
04-03-2008, 01:17 AM
i like using the suzuka endurance r1 that i tweaked on, or the suzuka gsxr1k-ill put up times later
the 7star and the moriwaki honda feel like crap to me

WARputer
04-03-2008, 08:21 PM
i like using the suzuka endurance r1 that i tweaked on, or the suzuka gsxr1k-ill put up times later
the 7star and the moriwaki honda feel like crap to me

All 4 of them are the only way to win the final TT races ....I beat the game with the Suzuka GSXR....one sweet handling ride ! :rockout:

Dnyce
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
what about the suzuka kawi?

WARputer
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
what about the suzuka kawi?

Isn't the 7 star bike a kawi ? :idk: I can't remember .

JK
04-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Isn't the 7 star bike a kawi ? :idk: I can't remember .

7 star is a honda. the kawi is a star something or other another.

anyone put down any fastlaps?

WARputer
04-06-2008, 01:05 AM
anyone put down any fastlaps?

1.30.6 was the best I could get at Laguna .....How the Hell did U get a 1.28 ? I got so fed up with the lap times, I haven't touched it since then .......let's try a different track .....one without the damn hairpin corners . :lol:

JK
04-06-2008, 01:17 AM
1.30.6 was the best I could get at Laguna .....How the Hell did U get a 1.28 ? I got so fed up with the lap times, I haven't touched it since then .......let's try a different track .....one without the damn hairpin corners . :lol:

go ahead and lay one down somewhere- :rockwoot: anyone can come back to Laguna if they want.

WARputer
04-06-2008, 01:25 AM
go ahead and lay one down somewhere- :rockwoot: anyone can come back to Laguna if they want.

Maybe tomorrow....I'm at work right now.

dubbs
04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Gotcha..

http://mp-css.sidcomm.co.in/dubbs/IMG_1265.JPG

JK
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Gotcha..

http://mp-css.sidcomm.co.in/dubbs/IMG_1265.JPG

ive been bamboozled! And on a difficult bike too! i dont know how you got that with the Suzi... i wreck the Gixxer in the corkscrew everytime. Let me see what i can do-

dubbs
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
ive been bamboozled! And on a difficult bike too! i dont know how you got that with the Suzi... i wreck the Gixxer in the corkscrew everytime. Let me see what i can do-

It's tough.. I have to take the corkscrew in 2nd and really easily..

Want to try midfield next?

JK
04-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Turnes out i had a quick time in there already- 1 27.916 Laguna

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/qaw024.jpg

And this may be my limit @ mid-field. 1 12.872 I crash every other lap in that 2nd to last corner... just as you go up that last hill. Theres a dip in the road right at the apex that lowsides me.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cavicca/tourist%20trophy/qaw027.jpg

dubbs
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Got ya on midfield..