PDA

View Full Version : okay What the hell

Digifox
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Okay SO, My Head came in yesterday for my EX250. Pulled the old one and threw this on one.

Got the cams put in and torqued the Caps down and somehow there was not...uh....well it wouldnt start so today i pulled the cams out again put #2 on TDC(per the Manual) aligned the cams and tried to start it and Snapped the #6 rocker:skep:

Replaced it and put the cams back in (180 off)
Put it back on TDC and flipped the cams...Now its turning over and Sucking in the carbs and blowing out the exhaust....But still no starting....And the #1 plug is dry but #2 is soaked(like #1s intake isnt opening)

Halp Pweas

____
Damn 4-strokes i could have already rebuilt a whole 2stroke engine and been riding

Rider
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Did you check to see if the valve spring and retainer are still in place? Did you visually check to see if the valve was opening and closing?

Digifox
05-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Did you check to see if the valve spring and retainer are still in place? Did you visually check to see if the valve was opening and closing?

Yes sir.

After it Locked up when the Rocker snapped i Turned it over by hand after redoing the cams to make sure it was all working right.

Rider
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Do a compression check on 1.

BobTheBiker
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
sounds like its turning into a nightmare bike now.

Digifox
05-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes Sir.
Ill do that next

sounds like its turning into a nightmare bike now.

Agreed...Damn bike.