PDA

View Full Version : What do you spose they're thinking?

the chi
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
This morning, like many others, as I made my way into work I was yet again witness to cager folly. Many of us are guilty of getting froggy with our cages, and sometimes being a little silly there's no denying, but why exactly would you decide:

A) Race with yourself?
B)Try and race with a fellow cager?
C)Haul ass from a stop light, in a 30mph zone, located smack dab in the middle of heavily policed areas?

Like I said in another thread, many of our local PD and LEO's are in unmarked vehicles, as a matter of fact MOST of our force is in unmarked cars.

This special guy, decided to haul ass away from a light, racing himself I suppose, only to have an unmarked car RIGHT BEHIND him. He got pulled over within seconds.

He's not the first idiot I have seen do this, in the same area, and it just makes me laugh. Everyone else is already speeding, but these guys apparently need to "show off". And its ALWAYS males. :lol:

Rationale?

Trip
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
women have dibs on all around bad driving, we have to make you feel better by being leadfoot douchebags.

Quick281
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
What kind of car?

I can count many times when I am bored at a light and just feel like zipping around. Obviously, if I knew the area to be like you mentioned then I probably wouldn't drive like an asshole. But random WOT runs aren't unheard of. :)

the chi
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
What kind of car?

I can count many times when I am bored at a light and just feel like zipping around. Obviously, if I knew the area to be like you mentioned then I probably wouldn't drive like an asshole. But random WOT runs aren't unheard of. :)

Fox Body Mustang convertible, kinda looked like crap...his exhaust liked to choke me.

In the middle of heavy traffic during morning commute in a 30pmh zone?

I drive an 06 Mustang GT and I dont get that retarded...

z06boy
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
We don't have makeup to put on so it's easier for us. :lol:

the chi
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
We don't have makeup to put on so it's easier for us. :lol:

:lol: That would be valid if I knew a single female that applied makeup while driving!! I think thats a nasty rumor...but nail polish now...to me thats even dumber than driving like a retard.

If this was an isolated incident, I wouldnt even mention it, but its at least the 3rd one I've seen in as many months!

Quick281
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Fox Body Mustang convertible, kinda looked like crap...his exhaust liked to choke me.

That seems normal to me. Do I know what they were thinking? Hell no. Am I surprised? No way. :D

Tmall
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Anybody else notice that women tend to put on their seat belts after they're underway and men tend to do it before even starting the car?

(not all women mind you, but every person I have seen with this habit are female)

z06boy
05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
:lol: That would be valid if I knew a single female that applied makeup while driving!! I think thats a nasty rumor...but nail polish now...to me thats even dumber than driving like a retard.

If this was an isolated incident, I wouldnt even mention it, but its at least the 3rd one I've seen in as many months!

I-77 between Charlotte, NC and Lake Norman...every single day I see females applying makeup while driving. My wife gets pizzed about it too. Texting...reading papers...etc.

Ok the males are guilty of the texting and reading as well as shaving too.

I always wonder :wtfru: !!

Homeslice
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM

I have seen several doing it..........but just lashes and lips, not nails.

BobTheBiker
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
down here, I"m used to seeing EVERYTHING. makeup applications, shaving, reading the paper, texting, doing nails, dozing off behind the wheel. everything BUT attempting to actually drive.

I continually am amazed by how many people there are here that are incapable of driving correctly.

the ones that always want to be in front, or tailgate here are typically the douchebags in camaros/firebirds and vettes but the honda people are the worst about the I MUST BE AHEAD OF YOU, even if I WILL be going slower, I MUST get that extra 5 second lead over you.

The women down here are awful about sitting an inch from my bumper,or creeping up the INSTANT I creep forward to give a space cushion between my vehicle and theirs.

azoomm
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
I saw a woman putting on mascara the other day while driving my Tundra on the freeway. I made a point to make her take a stick to the eye :lol:

z06boy
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
down here, I"m used to seeing EVERYTHING. makeup applications, shaving, reading the paper, texting, doing nails, dozing off behind the wheel. everything BUT attempting to actually drive.

I continually am amazed by how many people there are here that are incapable of driving correctly.

the ones that always want to be in front, or tailgate here are typically the douchebags in camaros/firebirds and vettes but the honda people are the worst about the I MUST BE AHEAD OF YOU, even if I WILL be going slower, I MUST get that extra 5 second lead over you.

The women down here are awful about sitting an inch from my bumper,or creeping up the INSTANT I creep forward to give a space cushion between my vehicle and theirs.

Where is "down here" ?

Particle Man
05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
here I thought it would be a neon :lol:

tached1000rr
05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I-77 between Charlotte, NC and Lake Norman...every single day I see females applying makeup while driving. My wife gets pizzed about it too. Texting...reading papers...etc.

Ok the males are guilty of the texting and reading as well as shaving too.

I always wonder :wtfru: !!

I-77 is nuts, I'm so glad I don't have to travel that daily anymore.

101lifts2
05-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Anybody else notice that women tend to put on their seat belts after they're underway and men tend to do it before even starting the car?

(not all women mind you, but every person I have seen with this habit are female)

I always start the engine first, then put the belt on after I'm out of the parking lot.

I've noticed the opposite. Women put the belt on first and guys do it after they are moving.

I saw a woman putting on mascara the other day while driving my Tundra on the freeway. I made a point to make her take a stick to the eye :lol:

:lol

Tmall
05-15-2009, 05:29 AM
I always start the engine first, then put the belt on after I'm out of the parking lot.

I've noticed the opposite. Women put the belt on first and guys do it after they are moving.

:lol

Must be the girly men in cali. Up here, ppl with testosterone do it the opposite.

Particle Man
05-15-2009, 07:05 AM
I put the belt on before starting the car because the seat belt ding ding ding ding ding drives me fucking nuts

z06boy
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I-77 is nuts, I'm so glad I don't have to travel that daily anymore.

Yes it is...I'm sort of used to it...ok not really but I try not to get road rage....usually the wife drives to and from work since we ride together...hey somebody has to be able to shoot. :lol:

Unfortunately my $$ comes from Charlotte so I have to go into the city but I sure do love living in the lake area. When I'm riding in the country, or kicked back on the deck, or sitting in the boat on the lake it's sooo...:dthumb: !!

racedoll
05-18-2009, 09:58 PM

Because you are female and don't have an ego to boost.

I put mine on after I started to move. I'm waiting for a cop to pull me over for it.

I put the belt on before starting the car because the seat belt ding ding ding ding ding drives me fucking nuts

That is the ONLY reason my husband wears his and even then it doesn't stop him from actually wearing it. He just clips in the passenger belt to his side so it stops dinging. Unless, I'm with him, then he wears it.

the chi
05-18-2009, 10:01 PM
:lol: You must be right!!

As for the seatbelt thing, its the first thing I do when I get in the car, before I even start the engine. :shrug:

Ducati Diva
05-19-2009, 07:12 AM
As for the seatbelt thing, its the first thing I do when I get in the car, before I even start the engine. :shrug:

Same here. I got into the habit when my kids were little. I won't start the car until everyone is belted in.

As for which sex is the worst driver.... I think both sexes have their fare share of complete idiots. Stupidity is not gender based. I cuss at both on a daily bases :lol:

wildchild
05-19-2009, 12:35 PM

i programmed mine out. look in your manual there's usually a way to gert rid of it.

Particle Man
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
i programmed mine out. look in your manual there's usually a way to gert rid of it.

nah, not a big deal and it does serve it's purpose.... and it helps wake the baby up when we get back from a long drive :lol:

101lifts2
05-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Must be the girly men in cali. Up here, ppl with testosterone do it the opposite.

I think more guys in CA have more test then guys in Canada...whether natural or not is another thing. lol