View Full Version : Witnessed a high side yesterday.

Tmall
05-23-2009, 06:16 AM
I was going for a little jaunt when these two idiots wearing tshirts go screaming by me when I was about 30' from my on ramp to the high way. They cut so close that they actually startled me.

Lead idiot was literally hanging off of his bike so far I thought he was going to drag ass. I thought I'd pay them back for startling me and play how close I could get to their rear tire. I rolled on the throttle to a whopping 40mph and almost blew past the two of them. I quickly realized that not only were they squids. But, they were squids who had zero skill. So, I backed off and merged into traffic and stayed well away from them while they were weaving in and out of cars.

Fast forward a minute of two. I'm a solid mile behind them. Coming up onto this really nice off ramp that leads to one of our nicest scenic roads. I'm watching from a distance and BAM! Following idiot locks up his rear brake while he's trying to take this corner. I see his back tire slide, catch and pitch him into the grass. The bike "rolled" a bunch of times. By the time I got to him he was lifting his bike up and pushed it right over onto his other side.

I asked if he was alright. He was pretty scraped up. His tshirt and shorts held up amazingly well however, I don't think the blood stains will come out.

He was fine, his bike was in rough shape. He said he would call somebody to come get it. So, he went to one of the cars that had stopped to call somebody.

At that moment, I almost got smashed by a car. So, I thought it was time to get the fuck out of dodge. When I was leaving, lead idiot pulled up with the rear locked up and skidding.

I don't usually wish harm on people. But, I honestly believe it was well deserved. Hopefully there was a lesson learned.

MILK
05-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Good grief!

Smittie61984
05-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't usually wish harm on people. But, I honestly believe it was well deserved. Hopefully there was a lesson learned.

Shit. Scars add to his rep and chicks dig scars (which I found out from a real scar that they don't). Our only hope is that this dumbass did the Suzuki (or whatever) credit card thing where they won't repo your bike for not having insurance and that he doesn't have insurance and that he still owes about $8000 on it and can't get another one.

Tmall
05-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Oh it was an old bike. Late 80s at the newest.

Smittie61984
05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh it was an old bike. Late 80s at the newest.

Shit. He'll probably think he's ready for a Litre now since I had his crash and a "starter" bike.

jtemple
05-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I just let people like that go. Hell, a lot of the time, I change my route to avoid having to catch up to the carnage later.

Digifox
05-23-2009, 03:59 PM
:wtfru:
^Needs to say WTF Were THEY thinking!?^

101lifts2
05-24-2009, 01:14 AM
LOL....sounds like this guy running with me in the canyon with a t-shirt and jeans. I was right on his ass and he kept looking back at where I was. He was moving pretty good...too good to be wearing only a t-shirt. I stopped by him on the bottom and told the boy to get some gear if he wants to run with the big dogs. lol

'73 H1 Triple
05-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I just let people like that go. Hell, a lot of the time, I change my route to avoid having to catch up to the carnage later.

I was coming back from a friend's house and came up on three guys on newer sportbikes. The road has some nice corners but nothing too tight or off camber.

Once I rode behind them for a mile, I realized wht it was so easy to catch them on my "old school" 1993 ZR1100 :tremble: Riding too deep into corners before jamming on the brakes, easy corners they cut into 3 or 4 segments and other bad riding forms that made my hair stand up on my neck.

I was very happy when they turned off. I least I didn't get to see them crash .

Particle Man
05-26-2009, 10:43 AM

I do that a LOT - we seem to have a very large population of squids on CBR 1000RR's and GSXR 1000's here riding in shorts, tank top, and flip flops doing wheelies down the road. I've had to change my route a lot lately. :(

Tmall
05-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I love keeping up with those assholes through the twisties with one hand on my hip.

Particle Man
05-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I love keeping up with those assholes through the twisties with one hand on my hip.

:lol: true

marko138
05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Sound like a couple of jerkoffs.

RedRider2k2
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM

Kind of like a couple of weeks ago when I passed an 08 R1 in the middle of a sweeping left turn.

He was slower than most on the ride but couldnt deal with it or something so he was not waving people by, flying into turns then getting on the brakes HARD...I figured he put me at risk by doing that a few times so it would only be fair if I were to pass him on the inside and make him hug the guard rail. :lol:

It was kinda funny and sad at the same time.