Traxion Control

Base starts under $14K

No picture, hooker? :lol:

azoomm
05-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Pictures are on Facebook. I'm on my blackberry. :nee:

Dave
05-29-2009, 09:13 PM
can we get some more background here? did you see it in person? ride it perhaps? or what? we had a pic thread going for the production bike for a bit two weeks ago

and claimed power is bullshit until dyno'ed. yamaha claims twenty more horsepower than it's peers, yet is somewhat lacking when its compared on straight line power

Amber Lamps
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
can we get some more background here? did you see it in person? ride it perhaps? or what? we had a pic thread going for the production bike for a bit two weeks ago

Here suckers...

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/007.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/005.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/011.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/012.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/013.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/016.jpg

Mr Lefty
05-29-2009, 09:34 PM
looks like it got punched in the eye

Amber Lamps
05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
looks like it got punched in the eye

I'm not crazy about it at all...

more net goodness...how's your Deutsch?

http://www.s1000rr.com/

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/s1000rr.pdf

Dave
05-29-2009, 09:38 PM
i know what it looks like lol, like i said we had a thread ;) after i got over its bmw'ness ive found i like it quite a bit. somewhat concerned about bmw pulling the plug early from their poor results in SBK though. then again, corser had a great time in practice today. still early in the season

Amber Lamps
05-29-2009, 09:49 PM
i know what it looks like lol, like i said we had a thread ;) after i got over its bmw'ness ive found i like it quite a bit. somewhat concerned about bmw pulling the plug early from their poor results in SBK though. then again, corser had a great time in practice today. still early in the season

Hey um, someone else asked for pictures...:whistle:

No picture, hooker? :lol:

See?...

Dave
05-29-2009, 10:34 PM
milk's comment was what led me to believe our resident pasta rocket lover either rode or saw it in person. i assumed she was alluding to that ;)

Mr Lefty
I think she rode it... she mentioned in the other thread she was gonna get a ride soon

6doublefive321
Looks like Stuart Scott. Boooooyaaaah.

azoomm
05-29-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm at wsbk in Utah right now with BMW. We have 4 here. Sorry, but I left my dyno at home..... But, it's tiny and all sorts of goodness in person.

Consumers aren't allowed to demo the bikes here. But, can look at them, as of today. They've been covered whenever parked since Tuesday.

It is by far the most technologically advanced bikes I've ever had my ass on.

derf
05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeh kinda reminds me of a mad scientist, you know with the one eye spectacle.

Other than the headlights, its a pretty bad ass bike

Dave
05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm at wsbk in Utah right now with BMW. We have 4 here. Sorry, but I left my dyno at home..... But, it's tiny and all sorts of goodness in person.

Consumers aren't allowed to demo the bikes here. But, can look at them, as of today. They've been covered whenever parked since Tuesday.

It is by far the most technologically advanced bikes I've ever had my ass on.

awesome! any word on finalised us pricing or shipping dates?

azoomm
05-31-2009, 07:52 AM
awesome! any word on finalised us pricing or shipping dates?

It will be under $14,000 for the base, then you can add the quick shift, Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control.... still keeps it under $20,000 with the full package.

Amber Lamps
05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
It will be under $14,000 for the base, then you can add the quick shift, Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control.... still keeps it under $20,000 with the full package.

What a bargain....:lol:

Adeptus_Minor
05-31-2009, 01:55 PM
What a bargain....:lol:

It's a BMW... what did you expect? :rolleyes:

And I think it's sexy as hell. I'd give one a serious look if I had the means.

MILK
05-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Nice!

Dave
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
nice. I wonder what the weight breakdown is between the base and fully loaded versions

Homeslice
06-01-2009, 03:51 AM
better than all the current jap crap

Tmall
06-01-2009, 05:56 AM

You've ridden them back to back?

Rider
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Looks a 1000 times better in race plastics.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Looks a 1000 times better in race plastics.

most bikes do?? :dribble:

looks like a ZX10...

Dave
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM

must be why they are cleaning up in wsbk :lmao:

azoomm
06-01-2009, 12:09 PM
nice. I wonder what the weight breakdown is between the base and fully loaded versions

It is 455lbs wet. That is loaded with Race Abs dynamic traction control and the quick shift. Those are the only items that don't come on the base model. And, those options weigh just over 5lbs.
Pricing is under $14,000 for the base, the 3 options will still have the loaded model under $20K.

The technology and thought out into this bike is incredible.... And i'm not saying that because I drank the blue kool aid.

Trip
06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
headlights are retarded, eh it's just another liter bike I have no desire to own.

Amber Lamps
06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
must be why they are cleaning up in wsbk :lmao:

Oh yea baby! They're kicking the "Japs" in the ass!

Mikey
06-01-2009, 01:09 PM

He hasn't even ridden all the current "Jap crap". He's got a 929. :lol

Dave
06-01-2009, 01:13 PM
It is 455lbs wet. That is loaded with Race Abs dynamic traction control and the quick shift. Those are the only items that don't come on the base model. And, those options weigh just over 5lbs.
Pricing is under $14,000 for the base, the 3 options will still have the loaded model under $20K.

The technology and thought out into this bike is incredible.... And i'm not saying that because I drank the blue kool aid.

that still seems really heavy to me. The rsv is far more svelte. Still, id like to check one out when it hits my local dealer.

azoomm
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Eh, I just figured I would get y'all the information that I have, as I have it. You don't have to like it.....

fnfalman
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
The problem with BMW is that they rely too much on technology instead of good old fashioned engineering on the important shits like chassis, suspension and engine.

I was reading the interview with the VP-something or another with BMW and his arrogance; very typical of BMW, showed. And it also shows on WSBK where they are running pretty much dead last.

I'm done with BMW. At least until they begin to put the rider first instead of computer first.

Dave
06-01-2009, 06:03 PM
The problem with BMW is that they rely too much on technology instead of good old fashioned engineering on the important shits like chassis, suspension and engine.

I was reading the interview with the VP-something or another with BMW and his arrogance; very typical of BMW, showed. And it also shows on WSBK where they are running pretty much dead last.

I'm done with BMW. At least until they begin to put the rider first instead of computer first.

for some crazy reason im guessing you are on the RSV4 waiting list arent ya Fnfalman? ;) btw, how do you like the rs125? i never heard much about it besides that it came in and was getting the road treatment. :dribble:

Homeslice
06-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Nope :lol: but "better" could mean anything, such as I like the looks of it better than any of the current jap crap :lol:

2008 marked the beginning of ugliness for all the Japs, IMO.

And as for the new Aprilia? Hot-looking bike, but what's the retail going to be, like $20K? lmao........And I can guarantee the first couple model years will have lots of defects and flaws, the way the current RSV's did. Can you say clutch cylinder that leaks and needs bleeding every 500 miles? Odometer that resets due to the dash crapping out? Swingarm that develops cracks and prompted a recall? Electrical connector that burns up? "Immobilizer" anti-theft system that decides for itself when to let you start the bike? Spot weld on the cheap pot-metal oil tank that develops a leak? Rear shock that noticeably faded after a long ride due to its proximity to the exhaust? All of this happened on my 04. Italian reliability FTL. :lol: I'd rather take my chances on the BMW. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't charging more, they could easily get it.

Dave
06-01-2009, 07:56 PM
"Better" could mean anything, like better styling, better comfort.........And I like the looks of it better than any of the current jap crap, so yeah.

And as for the new Aprilia? Hot-looking bike, but what's the retail going to be, like $20K? lmao........And I can guarantee the first couple model years will have lots of defects and flaws, the way the current RSV's did. Can you say clutch cylinder that leaks and needs bleeding every 500 miles? Odometer that resets due to the dash crapping out? Swingarm that develops cracks and prompted a recall? Electrical connector that burns up? "Immobilizer" anti-theft system that decides for itself when to let you start the bike? Spot weld on the cheap pot-metal oil tank that develops a leak? Rear shock that noticeably faded after a long ride due to its proximity to the exhaust? All of this happened on my 04. Italian reliability FTL. :lol: I'd rather take my chances on the BMW. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't charging more, they could easily get it.

the factory is going for 20k the regular version should be within reach of the bmw

Homeslice
06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I thought the base was going to start at 18-20K, with the "Factory" somewhere in the low-mid twenties. At least that was what the rags were speculating a few months ago. The thinking was that just because it has a V4 everyone would be willing to pay a premium over an inline bike.

Dnyce
06-02-2009, 02:24 AM
it looks a lil dif from the first pics seen, but i still like it

fasternyou929
06-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm at wsbk in Utah right now with BMW. We have 4 here.Did they fly you out there with them? I need to get a track day company started...

azoomm
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm done with BMW.

Huh... when did you sell the Z4? :nee:

Did they fly you out there with them? I need to get a track day company started...

Yes, yes I did... I got to Miller on Tuesday and got home LATE last night. I had a fantastic week....

I'm not an inline 4 kind of gal - but, this bike. holy chit THIS bike. I was really impressed. And, not with just the look and feel - with the motor, the technology, the whole package and offering. :idk:

fasternyou929
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, yes I did... I got to Miller on Tuesday and got home LATE last night. I had a fantastic week....As impressive as the bike may be technically, I think that's the coolest part of this thread. *jealous*

azoomm
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
As impressive as the bike may be technically, I think that's the coolest part of this thread. *jealous*

Awww, thanks. It's really quite the experience.

fnfalman
06-02-2009, 05:09 PM
for some crazy reason im guessing you are on the RSV4 waiting list arent ya Fnfalman? ;) btw, how do you like the rs125? i never heard much about it besides that it came in and was getting the road treatment. :dribble:
I'm on the Tuono V4 waiting list.

The RS125 is a blast but it sucks on the street. You can't afford to lug the engine much below 8,000RPM. It changes the direction by Jedi mind trick instead of any conscious efforts. The fork springs are way too light for my fat ass, as is the rear shock.

Dave
06-03-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm on the Tuono V4 waiting list.

The RS125 is a blast but it sucks on the street. You can't afford to lug the engine much below 8,000RPM. It changes the direction by Jedi mind trick instead of any conscious efforts. The fork springs are way too light for my fat ass, as is the rear shock.

lol i shoulda figured. do they have any images of it out yet or is it all guesses?

fnfalman
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
lol i shoulda figured. do they have any images of it out yet or is it all guesses?

No images of the Tuono V4 but several Aprilia representatives have said that they will offer a Tuono. Aprilia would be stupid not to make a Tuono V4. Their RSVR were outsold by Tuono almost 2-1.

pauldun170
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
S1000r - Officially added to the list if they keep it under 15K OTD.

fasternyou929
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
S1000r - Officially added to the list if they keep it under 15K OTD.

I did a track day at Summit Point yesterday and one of the riders there had already put in his order for one, but I didn't ask him the price. They gave him a clear business card with an image of the S1000RR on it that he can "hold out in front of him and see what it will look like in his garage/driveway when it arrives". :lol:

pauldun170
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I did a track day at Summit Point yesterday and one of the riders there had already put in his order for one, but I didn't ask him the price. They gave him a clear business card with an image of the S1000RR on it that he can "hold out in front of him and see what it will look like in his garage/driveway when it arrives". :lol:

:lol

almost sounds like an ebay scam.

GREAT DEAL ON PS3 PICTURED BELOW!!

(In the mail you get a photo of a PS3)

azoomm
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM

I have one of those :lol: It's cheezy and funny and ridiculous. But, totally fun.

I'm telling you... if I were in the market for a sportbike, THIS would be it.

fasternyou929
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I have one of those :lol: It's cheezy and funny and ridiculous. But, totally fun.

I'm telling you... if I were in the market for a sportbike, THIS would be it.

:lol: How many people have you "run over" with it?

azoomm
06-09-2009, 06:18 PM
:lol: How many people have you "run over" with it?

Now I know we get along... THAT was the first thing I did. :lol:

anthonyk
06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Nope :lol: but "better" could mean anything, such as I like the looks of it better than any of the current jap crap :lol:

Shoot, do your homework before buying then. At least 3/4 of those problems have been happening on the RSVs and Falcos since 2000 or earlier. :lol