PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Day at Work

Ducati Diva
05-31-2009, 01:09 PM
This cute ltl guys is "Pisgah" the bobcat. His mom got hit the other day on the Parkway. Yesterday morning we found him laying in the middle of the road next to his mom's grease spot. He is very weak and we have sent him to a vet we know who does good work for us. As of this morning he is doing well so there is hope we can rehabilitate him and turn him loose back on his mountain. We spent the rest of the day scouring the mountain trying to find his den to see if he had any brothers or sisters but had no luck. Will keep looking but as weak as he was the chances are slim.

Even though it was a ltl sad it was so cool to get to hold a baby bobcat! His ltl face was so cute that I'm def in love! I hope the ltl guy makes it!

HRCNICK11
05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Neat! I have seen adult bobcat tracks while out in my Kayak but never seen one in the wild. To hold a baby would be cool. There is a guy on Supermoto junkie that has one as a pet. He has a special license and used to take care of big cats at a zoo or something. He posted some photos that were pretty cool of it just laying around the house.

MILK
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Ohh good grief that is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the little fellow makes it!!!

ericr
05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
That's the kind of cat I like! Cute lil fellow!

Homeslice
05-31-2009, 05:05 PM
blue ridge parkway?

CrazyKell
05-31-2009, 05:11 PM
I hope he makes it.

I didn't realize there was that kind of wildlife in NC. I don't know what I thought was out there....but it's cool!

racedoll
05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
How adorable! And how sad... to think he will be alone now. I hope you can find the den so he can be put back and hopefully get taken care of by someone/thing.

HokieDNA01
05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
How adorable! And how sad... to think he will be alone now. I hope you can find the den so he can be put back and hopefully get taken care of by someone/thing.

His mother was killed on the street. He wouldn't make it if left in the den. I doubt he has been weaned yet. Cute guy. I really hope he makes it.

I saw my first wild Bobcat just south of Nashville while out riding. I had know idea what it was and at first thought it was a coyote. It ran across the road and then just sat there watching me as I passed. Very cool looking animal

Ducati Diva
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
blue ridge parkway?

Yes we found him at mile marker 410.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Crazy...Looks adorable...

Hope he survives!!! :)

Lamnidae
06-01-2009, 06:59 AM
hang in there little buddy!

the chi
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
That is so sad, poor little guy. Im thinking he had to have been semi close to the area when momma was hit for him to have found where momma had been right? Hopefully there are no brothers and sisters...keep us posted on his progress please, and more pics maybe?

z06boy
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh man how cute...poor little guy. I too hope he makes it. I love the mountains.

Rider
06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Keep him. I bet you could domesticate him.. :tremble:

unknownroad
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Poor little kitten :(

You should submit those photos to cuteoverload.com ... they're amazing!

the chi
06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness, speaking of cute lil wild critters, you'll never believe who just visited my office!!

We work with a local Wildlife refuge, and they just stopped by to show us the lil coyote pup they picked up a few weeks ago! He looks a lil rough, and still has the mange and mites, he almost didnt make it he was in such bad shape when they got him, but he is still so awesomely cute!! Here's hoping the cat makes the same recovery!

Looni2ns
06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Aw, poor little guy. Hope he makes it. You guys are his angels. :-)

t-homo
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Bobcat's are gorgeous. I wish I had known they were legal to shoot when I was out deer hunting and saw one. I'd have taken it to the taxidermist for sure.

Rider
06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Bobcat's are gorgeous. I wish I had known they were legal to shoot when I was out deer hunting and saw one. I'd have taken it to the taxidermist for sure.

As long as you use something smaller than a .270 or .308. Anything bigger and the taxidermist will not like you very much. Sewing pieces of fur back together can get very time consuming.

neebelung
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
This cute ltl guys is "Pisgah" the bobcat. His mom got hit the other day on the Parkway. Yesterday morning we found him laying in the middle of the road next to his mom's grease spot. He is very weak and we have sent him to a vet we know who does good work for us. As of this morning he is doing well so there is hope we can rehabilitate him and turn him loose back on his mountain. We spent the rest of the day scouring the mountain trying to find his den to see if he had any brothers or sisters but had no luck. Will keep looking but as weak as he was the chances are slim.

Even though it was a ltl sad it was so cool to get to hold a baby bobcat! His ltl face was so cute that I'm def in love! I hope the ltl guy makes it!

That is seriously one of the most beautiful little creatures I've ever seen!! He's just amazing... so "wild" looking, but so tiny and fragile!

Particle Man
06-01-2009, 04:14 PM

awwww, lookit that face!

MissHell
06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Very cute - hope he makes it. Keep us posted.

HurricaneHeather
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Dear lord that face! The cuteness it hurts!!

I would be so tempted to keep him. I'm sure it wouldn't take long before that little guy made me change my mind. :lol:

Ducati Diva
06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Update.....

Pisgah is doing great! He is strong and eating well!! He was transfered to Blue Ridge Wildlife Institute. They are now looking for a friend for him. Today he caught a mouse!!!!! I wish you all could have heard the ltl growls he was making. It was adorable. They thumped the mouse on the head so he was a ltl disoriented (that way he wouldn't run away to fast) and my boy ponced on him!!!!! He struted around with it in his mouth and I swear he was grinning. That means he has enough of the wild instinct to stay wild. No zoo or cages for my boy! :rockwoot: I am so happy and excited. I feel like such a proud mama :lol: Those blue eyes and cute face just captured my heart. I can't wait till he's big enough to turn loose.

We're still looking for brothers or sister but I think we are to late to help them. *sniff* We'll keep looking for another couple days just to be sure.

Particle Man
06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Update.....

Pisgah is doing great! He is strong and eating well!! He was transfered to Blue Ridge Wildlife Institute. They are now looking for a friend for him. Today he caught a mouse!!!!! I wish you all could have heard the ltl growls he was making. It was adorable. They thumped the mouse on the head so he was a ltl disoriented (that way he wouldn't run away to fast) and my boy ponced on him!!!!! He struted around with it in his mouth and I swear he was grinning. That means he has enough of the wild instinct to stay wild. No zoo or cages for my boy! :rockwoot: I am so happy and excited. I feel like such a proud mama :lol: Those blue eyes and cute face just captured my heart. I can't wait till he's big enough to turn loose.

We're still looking for brothers or sister but I think we are to late to help them. *sniff* We'll keep looking for another couple days just to be sure.
that's great!!

HurricaneHeather
06-01-2009, 04:54 PM
That's awesome! :dthumb:

unknownroad
06-01-2009, 06:05 PM
That's great! I'm amazed that such a tiny little cub can still be a killing machine :willy: Did the vet have any idea how old he was?

t-homo
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
As long as you use something smaller than a .270 or .308. Anything bigger and the taxidermist will not like you very much. Sewing pieces of fur back together can get very time consuming.

I think I had the 243 that day. I don't think I was using my cousins 300 Ultra Mag that day.

canibeyou
06-01-2009, 08:28 PM
What a cutie! Glad to hear he's doin' well.

We have many bobcats here. I've seen a few. Jumped outta the car to try and pet a baby once. My husband just sat behind the wheel, shakin' his head! LOL

Ducati Diva
06-01-2009, 09:53 PM
That's great! I'm amazed that such a tiny little cub can still be a killing machine :willy: Did the vet have any idea how old he was?

W.e think some where around 20 days???? He didn't try to eat it but he was so proud that he had it. I still chuckle thinking about it