PDA

View Full Version : Dont Ever Go To Cycle World

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 01:20 AM
OK, So Quick Backstory...Rode the 6R 2400 Miles in eleven days, went down to GA to meet up with the TWfix crew for the annual rally...Bike ran FLAWLESS...not one hiccup the entire trip...Rode to the Gap after the Rally was over at TWO in Suches, then from the Gap took a 500 Mile Jaunt across the state to OBX where I stayed there for a week and rode around there as well...

Long story short, the bike almost tipped on the trailer, Sandwiched the Rotor against the wheel chock causing it to warp,bend which caused my brakes to lose pressure therefore needing the rotor to be replaced.

NOW, I got home on a Sunday...Had work Monday and Tuesday then off on Wednesday...Took the bike in on Wednesday...Approx 10:30AM that day (Shop opens at 10AM) The Main reason for taking it there was to see what the deal was and to have them fix it QUICKLY...I didnt think it was somethign as simple as a rotor...Anyway, Shop says hell look at it but is kind of busy since Memorial Day weekend was approaching...Fine whatever you have three FULL Days to look at it hurry the fuck up...

No phone call by Friday...Memorial Day weekend is upon us so obviously the lazy fuckbags are off...Tuesday Im angry, I call them...INSTANTLY He knew the problem...therefore that means SOMEONE must have looked at the bike prior to that day...Since I called at eleven and Im sure his techs are lazy and dont start working till twelve...but the they probably take lunch first so its more like 1 to 2PM before a wrench gets turned at this fuckstick of a shop

Tells me the issue...Fine its already there Just fix it...THREE TO FIVE DAYS TO SHIP A ROTOR???? Chirst...Its Now Sunday...So he still has two Days Technically...but For fucks sake...Almost two weeks to fix a Front Right Rotor???

Im not mechanically Inept...I just wanted a quick fix and to not do it myself b/c I had a busy week planned with just coming off an Eleven day vacation...and dont mind paying to get work done...

But No More, Everything else from now on I'm doing...Fuck people...

Sorry...Im just angry, Had a GORGEOUS weekend pass by and I couldnt ride for Dick...

So if your ever in jersey and you think you wanna stop by Cycle World in Cherry Hill...Dont, Shit on there Doorstep.

Sixxxxer.

Rangerscott
06-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Quick fix. There's no such thing at a shop.

If you wanted to ride you could have taken the rotor off. You still got one.

Dry your eyes. Most shops go by first come first serve. Not whats quickest to fix. This is how it should be. My bike shouldnt be put on hold just becuase your bike may be quicker to fix.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I never said I wanted mine to be First on the List...But If your gonna take two weeks to tie up a bike for a front rotor...Tell me and Ill take it to the six other bike shops in my area...Thats shitty business, I bought my bike from this place and thought they had a better reputation than they do...B/c the two times prior I didn't have issues with them servicing my bikes.

Next there gonna try and charge me storage fees for it being there so long...

Rangerscott
06-01-2009, 01:43 AM
When they cant even find a part for me I know I can do it 10x better than them.

Not personally dogging you but I dont understand how someone can own something (be it anything) and not know how to use it/understand it/work on it.

So get your ass workin on that bike. Right meow.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 01:47 AM
They have it held hostage otherwise Id take it back...

And I understand your theory...But I dont think someone shouldnt be able to own a bike simply b/c they dunno how it operates or is put together...Some people just arent mechaniccly inclined and its better that they send it somewhere where soemoen is...

I just happened to not listen to my gut and I tried to take the easy way out and not fix it myself...Im just angry that they are taking THIS long for a Rotor.

Curb
06-01-2009, 01:51 AM
When they cant even find a part for me I know I can do it 10x better than them.

Not personally dogging you but I dont understand how someone can own something (be it anything) and not know how to use it/understand it/work on it.

So get your ass workin on that bike. Right meow.i see that alot at my shop and i deal with guys who have been riding 30+ years. But what really pisses me off is when they think they know how to work on their machines and get all the parts they need and then call me telling me that they ordered the wrong one and then try and tie mechanic up asking questions and wasting 30 or more minutes of their time trying to figure out what the problem is.

marko138
06-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Welcome to life at a bike shop, guy.

Trip
06-01-2009, 07:58 AM
You can't change a rotor yourself. Come on ginger, be a man, put that thing on a stand and replace it your damn self. It's super easy.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I KNOW THAT...Lol

Im kicking myself in the ass...But As Stated...Coming off eleven days off I had a Shitton of crap to deal with and I just wanted it fixed while I was doing said things...Turns out I could've fixed it myself quicker.

Lesson learned...Just stay away from Cycle World.

Trip
06-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I KNOW THAT...Lol

Im kicking myself in the ass...But As Stated...Coming off eleven days off I had a Shitton of crap to deal with and I just wanted it fixed while I was doing said things...Turns out I could've fixed it myself quicker.

Lesson learned...Just stay away from Cycle World.

dealers in general are slow unless you have a reservation and they have all the parts in stock. Just do it yourself unless it's something major.

CrazyKell
06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Wow that sucks!

I'm so thankful that I have a lot of friends who are good about teaching me stuff. I still know very little about my bike (and bikes in general) but I'm trying to learn.

I go to a shop that's 2 hours away BUt he's willing to teach me how to do everything. (personal friend). Apparently....very worth it!

Corey
06-01-2009, 09:17 AM
That's just piss poor service. It shouldn't matter if the bike was brought in for a massive overhaul or to replace blinker fluid. If they're not keeping a customer up to date on what they're doing to the bike, they're pissing away business, especially if there's a decent amount of competition. That kinda lax stupidity might have worked for the shop when people had money to burn on a luxury item like a bike, but now that everyone is feeling the pinch, that kinda shit will drive away customers and knock them quickly out of business. Fuck em.

Sixxxxer
06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
At least Someone Sees my Point....

Gas Man
06-03-2009, 01:04 AM
You can't change a rotor yourself. Come on ginger, be a man, put that thing on a stand and replace it your damn self. It's super easy.

See my sig Sixxxer
:wtfru:

Amber Lamps
06-03-2009, 01:24 AM
See my sig Sixxxer
:wtfru:

I'm just wodering if the rotor wasn't jammed on the carrier and could have been straightened a little... I don't know but for what they are going to charge you...WOW! You could have bought top of the line rotors and pads, and possibly steel braided lines!