PDA

View Full Version : My new gear

Moni
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I am so damn happy :rockout::nana::nana:...I finally have a kick ass helmet and boots...next the pants...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/MONIATL/SupertechR.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/MONIATL/x-eleven_anth_lg.jpg

skiergirl
06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice, I love my A-star boots but they squeak like crazy. How are those? what model?

shmike
06-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Nice gear, Moni. :D

I thought you were sitting out for a few months because of your back? :scratch:

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Nice gear, Moni. :D

I thought you were sitting out for a few months because of your back? :scratch:

Pssst.... Moni is a WOMAN. One minute she's getting rid of her bike for health and financial reasons.... the next she's buying $500+ dollars worth of riding gear. :idk: Don't try and figure it out bro, just go with the flow.....:lol:

Example;

"WOW, Moni! That is some sweet ass gear! Congratulations!":rockwoot:

Moni
06-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I got a kick ass deal on the gear so I bought it LOL

As for my back thankfulyl GOD has blessed me and its behaving. So far so good. So I am getting myself ready so I can get on the track soon.

I still am selling the bike but not giving up on riding. Eventually buying a bigger one.

Tigger you are too funny

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I got a kick ass deal on the gear so I bought it LOL

As for my back thankfulyl GOD has blessed me and its behaving. So far so good. So I am getting myself ready so I can get on the track soon.

I still am selling the bike but not giving up on riding. Eventually buying a bigger one.

Tigger you are too funny

I am almost as funny as you are beautiful, mi amor! :wink::lol:

z06boy
06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice gear.

My A*'s squeak like a mofo too.

Moni
06-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I am almost as funny as you are beautiful, mi amor! :wink::lol:

Thanks

Nice gear.

Not sure if these squeak...I just got them late last night so we will see

JoJoYZF
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Nice gear.

Same here with smx plus boots.

Congrats, a* boots and an x11, are you trying to be like me now?

z06boy
06-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks

Maybe the newer ones won't. That is a nice looking boot you bought and nice helmet...congrats.

Moni
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Congrats, a* boots and an x11, are you trying to be like me now?

LOL maybe

Maybe the newer ones won't. That is a nice looking boot you bought and nice helmet...congrats.

THANKS!

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks

Naw they don't have the external ankle armor. That's the source of the squeaking!

z06boy
06-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Naw they don't have the external ankle armor. That's the source of the squeaking!

You are correct...with my boots it is the external ankle armor and I didn't notice hers doesn't have it.

Curb
06-02-2009, 11:16 AM

Congrats, a* boots and an x11, are you trying to be like me now?if she was trying to be like you wouldnn't she need a bike that has an undiagnosed problem preventing it from running:scratch:

Moni
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Cool

if she was trying to be like you wouldnn't she need a bike that has an undiagnosed problem preventing it from running:scratch:

My bike is going to the dealer...its under warranty

skiergirl
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe the newer ones won't.

They do, I just got a new pair of SMX Plus in Feb and they squeak worse than my last pair....

z06boy
06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
They do, I just got a new pair of SMX Plus in Feb and they squeak worse than my last pair....

:bash:

I was at a friends house and he was showing me his new surveillance system which included camera's with sound and all. Well we were testing the sound so I went outside while he...his and my wife stayed inside. I walked all around his house and talked at different volume levels just to see if they could hear me.

Well they could hear me in my normal speaking voice but couldn't really hear me when I lowered my voice to a whisper BUT they all said it didn't matter because they could hear my dayum A*'s squeaking with every step I took !! :lol:

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
:bash:

I was at a friends house and he was showing me his new surveillance system which included camera's with sound and all. Well we were testing the sound so I went outside while he...his and my wife stayed inside. I walked all around his house and talked at different volume levels just to see if they could hear me.

Well they could hear me in my normal speaking voice but couldn't really hear me when I lowered my voice to a whisper BUT they all said it didn't matter because they could hear my dayum A*'s squeaking with every step I took !! :lol:

Yea the new MODEL SMX boots don't squeak...

They gave us that lube to put on them...I have no clue where that went. You ever notice that they stop when they are hot? I just came in from riding and they weren't squeaking at all.:lol:

skiergirl
06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Tig, When did the 'new' model come out? has to have been really recent....

CrazyKell
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Congrats on the new gear Moni! good luck with you bike!

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 02:36 PM
tig, when did the 'new' model come out? Has to have been really recent....

smx-r

I realize that they aren't SMX-Plus boots so that may be where we're divergent but they are a "newer" model of the SMX line.

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
and the SMX-5

z06boy
06-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Yea the new MODEL SMX boots don't squeak...

They gave us that lube to put on them...I have no clue where that went. You ever notice that they stop when they are hot? I just came in from riding and they weren't squeaking at all.:lol:

I thought it was just my ears from the race baffles in the exhaust...I guess they don't squeak as much if at all when they are hot. :lol:

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I thought it was just my ears from the race baffles in the exhaust...I guess they don't squeak as much if at all when they are hot. :lol:

HAHAHAHA! Believe it or not, they stop squeaking if it's really hot. It's about 85-90 outside and I did a few "hot laps" and I walked up the stairs to my apt and noticed there wasn't any squeak!:lol: Here's the funny part, now I've been sitting in the AC and guess what? SQUEAKING!!!!:lol:

z06boy
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
HAHAHAHA! Believe it or not, they stop squeaking if it's really hot. It's about 85-90 outside and I did a few "hot laps" and I walked up the stairs to my apt and noticed there wasn't any squeak!:lol: Here's the funny part, now I've been sitting in the AC and guess what? SQUEAKING!!!!:lol:

:lol: :lol:

JoJoYZF
06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
if she was trying to be like you wouldnn't she need a bike that has an undiagnosed problem preventing it from running:scratch:

This is true, I meant gear wise though. I could be wearing similar gear to hers, this way Id be extra safe in the garage working on my bike.

skiergirl
06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
smx-r

I realize that they aren't SMX-Plus boots so that may be where we're divergent but they are a "newer" model of the SMX line.

Oh I wasn't implying you were wrong but I was like damn it figures I only bought my 4 months ago.... and there's already a better version out...

they are different though and I would have stuck with the plus style with the metal shank since they are mainly for the track and I'd guess that would hold up better....who knows.

Amber Lamps
06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh I wasn't implying you were wrong but I was like damn it figures I only bought my 4 months ago.... and there's already a better version out...

they are different though and I would have stuck with the plus style with the metal shank since they are mainly for the track and I'd guess that would hold up better....who knows.

FWIW I have two pairs of the plus boots, one pair of the old SMX-3s, a pair of Icons and a pair of Joe Rockets....I pick the sqeakers every time!:rockwoot:

marko138
06-03-2009, 07:55 AM
My A* squeek like a bitch too. I put a piece of electrical tape under the ankle armour and it quieted them down a little.

Antwanny
06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Nice, I love my A-star boots but they squeak like crazy. How are those? what model?

mines dont smx-5 comfortable as all hell and no squeky boots for me

Amber Lamps
06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
mines dont smx-5 comfortable as all hell and no squeky boots for me

Yea but your SMX-5 do not have the protection our squeaky boots do.

marko138
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
You're not cool unless your boots squeak.

Moni
06-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Nope the boots don't squeak

Antwanny
06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
yea but your smx-5 do not have the protection our squeaky boots do.

lies all lies

marko138
06-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I need some new boots. Maybe some Super Techs.

DLIT
06-05-2009, 08:22 PM

Mine do too, and I also love 'em. Nice boots and helmet!