PDA

View Full Version : RST Leathers

CrazyKell
06-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Anyone know anything about their stuff.

I'm looking at a suit on Ebay right now that seems like a decent deal but don't know much about them.

the chi
06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Links help sweetie...

CrazyKell
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=260418711816

Sorry! Forgot to post the link to the suit. :doh:

Rider
06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
They look a little cheap since they don't have much armor, but they are better than nothing.

the chi
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Heres some discussion I found on it...personal opinions from users...

http://www.ukbikeforum.co.uk/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t6715.html

Amber Lamps
06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
There's a company in Canada that will custom make you a suit for about $600 or less, I'll see if I can find a link.

skiergirl
06-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd be hesitant to buy a suit I couldn't try on first. They all fit so different and being a girl makes it even harder to get one that fits properly. However, if you get a good enough deal alterations aren't that bad if they are minor.

the chi
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
While Sgirl makes a valid point, if you measure yourself properly (and honestly :wink:) buying leathers or gear online isnt a bad idea. Every leather suit and most of my gear has all been purchased online without ever trying it on.

Here's another review:

http://www.bikechatter.co.uk/leathers/17-leathers/32-rst-rift-2.html

CrazyKell
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks Rae. I'm just looking for a set of interim leathers before I drop the big bucks on the nice set. :lol:

the chi
06-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Is there a track near you? I know our "local" track sells used leathers sometimes, the ones they typically rent out. They are far from pretty, but usually in good shape, and would give you the protection necessary and the experience of full leathers without spending a fortune!! Dont forget to keep an eye on the websites that sell gear...I get emails every day with killer deals...thats how I picked up both sets of my leathers for under $500 a piece! (Last set $1200 suit for $399)

Amber Lamps
06-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Is there a track near you? I know our "local" track sells used leathers sometimes, the ones they typically rent out. They are far from pretty, but usually in good shape, and would give you the protection necessary and the experience of full leathers without spending a fortune!! Dont forget to keep an eye on the websites that sell gear...I get emails every day with killer deals...thats how I picked up both sets of my leathers for under $500 a piece! (Last set $1200 suit for $399)

And trust me they fit her very well!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

CrazyKell
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Really?

I looove your Spidi set and it's what I'm hoping to get over the winter.

the chi
06-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Yup, thats exactly how I found out about the deal...

Go to different websites and subscribe to their emails list, and while its sometimes irritating to get all the emails, you can really get great prices!

Heres a few I get emails from:

MotorcycleSuperstore.com
BikeBandit.com (killer deals, sometimes takes FOREVAH to get it tho)
Revzilla.com (price matches other places, live ppl on the phone)

Craigslist is also a good'un to watch...especially in places where alot of riding goes on (the south). I just sold my Teknic leathers on C-list to a guy buying leathers for his wife to break some spped records in Utah, theyve promised me pics when they go!

On gear I honestly try to stay away from ebay as there are no guarantees if there is something wrong...

t-homo
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought it was RS Taichi that you were talking about at first. Too bad its not.

Homeslice
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
They say "designed and styled in the UK", but they don't say where it's actually made, and based on my experience with UK stuff, alot of it is made in Pakistan, and if it is, it will fit like crap.

marko138
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Have not heard of this particular brand.