PDA

View Full Version : I am pretty sure this helmet was desgined for me!

Mrs. Colleen
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
WANT...

http://www.rockheadbikes.com/Shoei_RF_1000_Caster_TC_1_p/shrf1000cstrtc1.htm

Not only does it have stars, but it comes in red, and it SPARKLES! :rockwoot:

Plus I tried it on this past weekend and it was SO comfy!

Now if only I had an extra $400 laying around...and room for another helmet. :whistle:

the chi
06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Very sharp!

Rider
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
That Castor is a very sharp helmet. Pics don't do it justice and the $380 price is a bargain.

z06boy
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
A friend bought that exact helmet this weekend.

marko138
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Not bad...for a Shoei. :lol:

HurricaneHeather
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
That is purty!

JoJoYZF
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I was set on getting the blue version of that helmet but the thing didnt fit me right.

Mrs. Colleen
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
That Castor is a very sharp helmet. Pics don't do it justice and the $380 price is a bargain.
Yeah...local shop has it for about $100 more. As much as I love to support the local shop I don't think I could for an extra $100!

Plus I do not think I will be getting it soon...maybe wait until it is "last seasons" model. I was thinking about telling my hubby to get it for me for my birthday...but he said he is getting me a custom jacket instead! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:
I was set on getting the blue version of that helmet but the thing didnt fit me right.

That is why I tried it on...it has been on my wish list since I first saw it in a magazine a few months ago but I figured I should make sure it fits before I get my heart too set on it. Luckily it works for me! :beers:

Amber Lamps
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah...local shop has it for about $100 more. As much as I love to support the local shop I don't think I could for an extra $100!

Plus I do not think I will be getting it soon...maybe wait until it is "last seasons" model. I was thinking about telling my hubby to get it for me for my birthday...but he said he is getting me a custom jacket instead! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

That is why I tried it on...it has been on my wish list since I first saw it in a magazine a few months ago but I figured I should make sure it fits before I get my heart too set on it. Luckily it works for me! :beers:

Well I can find the same model for about $200 but not with that design..:sorry:

Phenix_Rider
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
WANT...

http://www.rockheadbikes.com/Shoei_RF_1000_Caster_TC_1_p/shrf1000cstrtc1.htm

Not only does it have stars, but it comes in red, and it SPARKLES! :rockwoot:

Plus I tried it on this past weekend and it was SO comfy!

Now if only I had an extra $400 laying around...and room for another helmet. :whistle:

Comp Acc has most RF-1000s for $300. I picked up a blue Artifact recently.
http://www.compacc.com/search/search2.cfm :dthumb:

z06boy
06-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Well I can find the same model for about $200 but not with that design..:sorry:

New ? Graphics ?

Amber Lamps
06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
New ? Graphics ?

new and I'll have to check but it was about 3 different designs/ colors but the sizing may be off for you... what size do you need? I ASSumed a small/med for her.

z06boy
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
new and I'll have to check but it was about 3 different designs/ colors but the sizing may be off for you... what size do you need? I ASSumed a small/med for her.

Either medium or large. I'll try one on at CycleGear or try my friends on to make sure.

I have a medium HJC and a large KBC. My wife's medium Scorpion is too tight on my head too.

Mrs. Colleen
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Comp Acc has most RF-1000s for $300. I picked up a blue Artifact recently.
http://www.compacc.com/search/search2.cfm :dthumb:
They don't have the star one. :(
Either medium or large. I'll try one on at CycleGear or try my friends on to make sure.

I have a medium HJC and a large KBC. My wife's medium Scorpion is too tight on my head too.

FWIW - I wear a Large Scorpion but the most comfortable of the Shoeis was a Medium. :beers:

Amber Lamps
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
They don't have the star one. :(

FWIW - I wear a Large Scorpion but the most comfortable of the Shoeis was a Medium. :beers:

Well since Shoei is an oval head helmet in that series and Scorpion tends more to the round head. I would say that you are a med/oval. You may think that you are happy with the Scorpion my dear but if you ever get your hands on a Shoei, Shark or Arai, I think that you may come to find true helmet nirvana...:lol: If I trip over the "Stars" helmet in med for a good price I'll let you know. FWIW I personally would find the dough, it's amazing the difference between a premium helmet and a bargain lid.

Amber Lamps
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM

HJC more oval, KBC/Scorpion more round. You'll need a MED in this lid. I'll check and see what I can get sub $300.

Mrs. Colleen
06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Well since Shoei is an oval head helmet in that series and Scorpion tends more to the round head. I would say that you are a med/oval. You may think that you are happy with the Scorpion my dear but if you ever get your hands on a Shoei, Shark or Arai, I think that you may come to find true helmet nirvana...:lol: If I trip over the "Stars" helmet in med for a good price I'll let you know. FWIW I personally would find the dough, it's amazing the difference between a premium helmet and a bargain lid.

I tried on the Arai that my husband wants...in my size of course...and it was not comfortable! Maybe it was just that model but either way my head is not that shape!

I do want to upgrade to that helmet...but I want my custom jacket more! :D Plus I need to get an oil cooler for my Miate...plus I want to get back to the track (with my car)...plus I want racing seats in the Miata...plus I want.......well you get the idea!

Phenix_Rider
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM

I tried on the Arai that my husband wants...in my size of course...and it was not comfortable! Maybe it was just that model but either way my head is not that shape!

Same here- the only Arai that was even a close fit for me was the top-of-the-line Corsair V, and at $700+ that's just not good enough. Sharks don't fit me either. Scorpion is close, and I would rather buy them than a high-end Arai that fits less well.

Amber Lamps
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Same here- the only Arai that was even a close fit for me was the top-of-the-line Corsair V, and at $700+ that's just not good enough. Sharks don't fit me either. Scorpion is close, and I would rather buy them than a high-end Arai that fits less well.

The Quantum has the same sizing characteristics as the Corsair and is less expensive. I agree that any decent helmet will give you the same or similar protection but what you really pay for with the high end helmets is all the other things that make riding more enjoyable.

Ducati Diva
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
:lol: yup that's def you!

Phenix_Rider
06-10-2009, 10:55 PM
The Quantum has the same sizing characteristics as the Corsair and is less expensive. I agree that any decent helmet will give you the same or similar protection but what you really pay for with the high end helmets is all the other things that make riding more enjoyable.

They felt different. Must have been the $300 difference.