PDA

View Full Version : Going on a crazy long trip?

Amber Lamps
06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I know this isn't new but now it's free! There's a rebate of the purchase price promotion going on...

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/19588?WT.mc_id=2145351

Who knows, it might save your life or at least let people know you're okay if you're out of cell range.

skiergirl
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
nice idea I suppose but if you are really in an accident and hurt or unconscious how would you push the darn button for help...

t-homo
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
if you move the mouse over the picture of it, a new picture pops up that is badass.

Amber Lamps
06-12-2009, 06:29 PM
nice idea I suppose but if you are really in an accident and hurt or unconscious how would you push the darn button for help...

Well, what happens when you do wake up? :idk: What if you're out of cell range but another person comes along. They could push the button. What if you are in a group and one guy crashes hard. Etc. I don't know I think I'm in the "better than nothing" zone again. I'm sure that there are millions of scenarios where this might not help but how many people have died because searchers couldn't find them?:idk:

Gas Man
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Interesting... but damn!!

Amber Lamps
06-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Interesting... but damn!!

Yea they give you the unit but spank you on the service, kinda. It's less than $100 a year and if you're out in the shit a lot, it's probably worth it.:idk:

Mr Lefty
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
They're almost a standard item when you look at alot of the Adventure Touring forum ride reports.

but I've heard that if you take trip's out of the UK or US... they dont' work so well. I know 99.9% of us won't... but just FYI.

I'll probably be getting one just as it's easier to keep people updated... and in an emergancy... you can just press a button and have someone notified you're in trouble... or if I remember right... you can configure it so it'll send out a signal if you DO NOT do anything for a certain time period. :idk:

Amber Lamps
06-12-2009, 10:48 PM
They're almost a standard item when you look at alot of the Adventure Touring forum ride reports.

but I've heard that if you take trip's out of the UK or US... they dont' work so well. I know 99.9% of us won't... but just FYI.

I'll probably be getting one just as it's easier to keep people updated... and in an emergancy... you can just press a button and have someone notified you're in trouble... or if I remember right... you can configure it so it'll send out a signal if you DO NOT do anything for a certain time period. :idk:

I think you are right, plus like you said, you can send a message to your family that you are okay.

Mr Lefty
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah I know you can configure it to auto email your famly each day to let them know you're alright.