PDA

View Full Version : I get to do some cool $#!T.

marko138
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
You know....alot of people complain about their job. I’m one of those people. However, compared to most of the working population I have very little reason to complain.

I’ve got to do some cool things. Recently and in the past. Unless you are 1.) Retarded, or 2.) live in a cave with Osama Bin Laden...then you know we are in the midst of a Presidential/Primary Election campaign. I’m not a fan of the government, Republican or Democrat. However, in the last 2 days both Democratic candidates have come to town. I’ve got to cover them both in one way or another. Being that this is my first Presidential Election as a ’working professional’ this was pretty exciting.

I was at the Obama rally in downtown Harrisburg on Sunday. The lines to get in were INSANE. It was like a rock concert...you’d think the Rolling Stones had come to town. Barack and Roll. Secret Service and security in general was pretty crazy for Barack.

Yesterday, Hillary came to town...she held a town hall type meeting at a tiny diner outside the city. These buffoons had the media shooting at a wall of mirrors. Smooth move. So they realized their mistake and switched the setup around. Then they packed us in like sardines. Really really tight quarters. Security wasn’t as tight for her, surprisingly, but Secret Service made their presence known. I literally stood less than 10 feet from Hillary Clinton at one point.

Oh...and who ever ran audio for that event is a serious doofus. Learn how to do your job.

I get paid to take pictures. That can be sort of exciting at times.

I left my Obama press pass at work but here is a shot of my Hillary press pass:

http://a921.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_c1b63ae68dd06520385917e21bd5efc0.jpg

Trip
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
you should of mooned her.

marko138
04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
you should of mooned her.
Please, I'm a professional.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
so you went directly for the GOAT?!

marko138
04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I dont know what that is...and I dont think I want to.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
dude you've never seen waiting? I'm sure there's a video of that part on Youtube

Trip
you tuck your man junk back under when you moon.

marko138
Gross.

dReWpY
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
did u expect anything less?

Trip
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOxg0sMPJg

the chi
04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
and back on topic....

While I feel pretty much the same politically as you do, that is some pretty nifty stuff...pretty cool part of the job I would guess, imagine if you actually gave a crap about either of them!!

marko138
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
and back on topic....

While I feel pretty much the same politically as you do, that is some pretty nifty stuff...pretty cool part of the job I would guess, imagine if you actually gave a crap about either of them!!
Well...the PA primary is about 3 weeks away. While I am not a fan of government, I do vote. I will be voting for one of the two of them.

the chi
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah i know, I keep up with it all marginally, its just this particular run is like a rock and a hard place, I dont want either one of them, but when I have to choose, I know where I am going...

marko138
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
If McCain ever comes to town it would be cool to have a press pass from all 3 candidates.

Cutty72
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Cool in a way, but like has been said, they both suck

Phenix_Rider
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Cool in a way, but like has been said, they both suck

They're all politicians- what do you expect?:no:

marko138
04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Ok so they suck. What do you guys do at your day job?

Trip
04-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Seriously, even if you hate em, he still might have been looking at a future president. That's pretty damn cool.

Cutty72
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Think "pimp my ride" but at a much more normal person level.

I sell accessories for vehicles. :wink:

Audiomechanic
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
I’ve got to do some cool things.

Oh yea? You think you're SO special. Well, I'll have you know that yesterday, I fixed a printer!!!.....................................woo ooooooooooooo!

:cry:

marko138
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
For some perspective here is the piece from our 5 o'clock live hit.

http://cfc.whtm.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=11757

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
If McCain ever comes to town it would be cool to have a press pass from all 3 candidates.
I would LOVE to meet that man... I have a lot of respect for him...

z06boy
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Seriously, even if you hate em, he still might have been looking at a future president. That's pretty damn cool.

True

I work on the staff of the CEO of one of the world's largest companies and get to meet all kinds of people...some I like...some I don't...but it's still very cool but yes I have to act professional around them all regardless of what I think of them.

Before I was assigned to the CEO's office I was in Executive Protection and had to protect people that I didn't really care for...BUT that's what I was getting paid to do so I did it well. :idk:

marko...cool job man !!:dthumb:

Quick281
04-01-2008, 05:11 PM

Couldn't agree with you more. Most of the time, when your lucky enough to be near/meet a person of importance, the opportunity is considered cool even if you don't favor them.

dReWpY
04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
i like catching for fish for a living and video taping deer on thermal imaging equipment

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
do you have night vision too? or just thermal? you could run wild on campus with those :lol:

dReWpY
04-01-2008, 06:35 PM
just thermal

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
oh... well damn... :lol:

you could have been like that guy in Montana... had night vision on and was driving his Lambo with no headlights on at night... (still not sure how they caught him though)

Phenix_Rider
04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
oh... well damn... :lol:

you could have been like that guy in Montana... had night vision on and was driving his Lambo with no headlights on at night... (still not sure how they caught him though)

Imagine that on a bike:willy:

Closest thing to flying a fighter you can get!

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
well I imagine flying a trainer is closer... but :lol:

marko138
04-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I would LOVE to meet that man... I have a lot of respect for him...

I'm not a fan of the man. I won't vote for him...but it would be pretty cool to have a press pass for all 3 presidential candidates. But the asshole has avoided PA so far.

Cutty72
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm not a fan of the man. I won't vote for him...but it would be pretty cool to have a press pass for all 3 presidential candidates. But the asshole has avoided PA so far.

I'm not sure who I will vote for as of yet... but it WON'T be Obama the Terrorist.

GearGrabinGuy
04-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm not sure who I will vote for as of yet... but it WON'T be Obama the Terrorist.

Tell me your kidding... if your not that makes you the most stupid ignorant asshole in the world. grow up and get out of second grade. Your last name has jack shit to do with anything. :panic:

Captain Morgan
04-04-2008, 08:12 AM
http://a921.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_c1b63ae68dd06520385917e21bd5efc0.jpg

So, Hillary bought the media, huh? Shock and surprise.

I work on the staff of the CEO...

Really? Is that anything like the girl that worked on Gov. Spitzer's staff? Or maybe how Monica worked on Bill's staff? :lol:

z06boy
04-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Really? Is that anything like the girl that worked on Gov. Spitzer's staff? Or maybe how Monica worked on Bill's staff? :lol:

No I answer phones and shoot people and I really don't like answering the phone.

Cutty72
04-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Tell me your kidding... if your not that makes you the most stupid ignorant asshole in the world. grow up and get out of second grade. Your last name has jack shit to do with anything. :panic:

kidding about the terrorist part...
serious about the vote part.

Trip
04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Ape tit

pickle.of.doom
04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Your last name has jack shit to do with anything. :panic:

Not True, If Bush's last name wasn't Bush, there is no way in fucking hell he ever would have made it to be our president. He got soooo many of the "Well, I loved his daddy" votes.

tallywacker
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM

Kill dumb Iraqi's, sleep beside a 155mm paladin firing line, and air assault terrorist training camps/weapon caches.

Cutty72
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Kill dumb Iraqi's, sleep beside a 155mm paladin firing line, and air assault terrorist training camps/weapon caches.

that sounds fun.

OneSickPsycho
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Not True, If Bush's last name wasn't Bush, there is no way in fucking hell he ever would have made it to be our president. He got soooo many of the "Well, I loved his daddy" votes.

That's why GHWB's 2nd run was so effective.

You're on drugs.

marko138
04-05-2008, 11:33 AM
That's why GHWB's 2nd run was so effective.

You're on drugs.
You're on drugs if you even remotely believe W is half qualified to be the fucking president.

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 04:06 PM
You're on drugs if you even remotely believe W is half qualified to be the fucking president.

He was qualified. I firmly beleive that the president should actually have some leadership/executive experience...

Plus, my point was if he really won because of the 'i love his daddy' votes, don't you think GHWB would have been voted in for a 2nd term?

marko138
04-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Obama is a long legged mack daddy.

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Obama is a long legged mack daddy.

With very, VERY little experience...

marko138
04-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Obama pimps white women and black women.

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Obama pimps white women and black women.

So does P Diddy, but I don't want his dumbass as our president...

Mudpuppy
04-05-2008, 11:43 PM
hey marko that is cool and its cool you get to say you can do some cool shit instead of being just another thoughtless cog in the corporate sesspool..

i, myself, find that most days are pretty good for me.. i deal with alot of bullshit and corporate fucking politics which some days makes me wonder why the fuck i bother but for the most part its pretty cool - i make the company a shitload of money by being an outlaw motherfucker always standing on the very edge of what is legal or ethical... i am the rogue agent in the company that most higher level executives will deny my existence but will gladly spend the money i make on that next $500 dinner..

marko138
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm sure you cocksuckers will take a shit on this too...but I'm following John Kerry around today.

z06boy
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm sure you cocksuckers will take a shit on this too...but I'm following John Kerry around today.

Well I'm not a cs but since it's Kerry...ok.

sbg

marko138
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
He was a very cool guy. I talked Red Sox with him for a few minutes too.

z06boy
04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
He was a very cool guy. I talked Red Sox with him for a few minutes too.

He probably is...just to talk to on that level...same with many that I meet on my job BUT I wouldn't want them running the country either. :panic:

marko138
04-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Although I JUST heard he is urging the FCC not to act quickly on the Sirius/XM merger. Had I known this yesterday I woulda called him out on it.

Captain Morgan
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Although I JUST heard he is urging the FCC not to act quickly on the Sirius/XM merger. Had I known this yesterday I woulda called him out on it.

You lose, marko. :lol:

marko138
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Fucker.

Captain Morgan
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Fucker.

:lol: right now, you and I are the only ones that know what that's about.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
about you missing Hayden?

marko138
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Make that 3 of us, Cap. Yes, Ebbs.

Mudpuppy
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
W in 08

FTW

marko138
04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
W in 08

FTW
Probly the dumbest statement I've ever read in my life. As if the last 8 years hasn't been bad enough.

Oh...and I'll be in Philly on Wednesday covering the debate for ABC news. Also a debate tomorrow in the HBG area that will probly be seen Nationally.

Captain Morgan
04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Probly the dumbest statement I've ever read in my life. As if the last 8 years hasn't been bad enough.

Oh...and I'll be in Philly on Wednesday covering the debate for ABC news. Also a debate tomorrow in the HBG area that will probly be seen Nationally.

Do you get paid a salary, or do you get extra pay if your video is shown outside your area?

marko138
04-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm paid hourly...with no extra pay for anything other than overtime. I had an entire piece ran in it's original form on CNN a few weeks ago. Seen all over the country. Nothing. We also don't get any extra cash for any awards we win either, such as Emmys.

Captain Morgan
04-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm paid hourly...with no extra pay for anything other than overtime. I had an entire piece ran in it's original form on CNN a few weeks ago. Seen all over the country. Nothing. We also don't get any extra cash for any awards we win either, such as Emmys.

I hope you get paid well. You should get some sort of bonus if your material gets extra coverage. I'm sure the station gets paid for your material.

Freelance FTW!

marko138
04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Paid well....:lol: Clearly you're not familiar with the TV business.

Freelance is the way to go. No benny's tho. Although...I could hop on my wife's insurance.

Mudpuppy
04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Really? Because you think Clinton did us any fucking good? Why do you think we are so fucked now.. Not even Superman could get us out of this shit.. the last thing we need is a fucking democrat in office to continue the damage that fuckstick Clinton did.. Everybody loves to motherfuck W.. I don't think he is the greatest or anything but I think he is way better than Clinton or the current choices..

I could break it down to you in finite detail but it seems as though you have your mind made up.. That's the problem with this country.. Narrow minded brainwashed motherfuckers.. I will never join the sheep so I guess I will just have to imagine what its like to just run with the herd..

marko138
04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Really? Because you think Clinton did us any fucking good? Why do you think we are so fucked now.. Not even Superman could get us out of this shit.. the last thing we need is a fucking democrat in office to continue the damage that fuckstick Clinton did.. Everybody loves to motherfuck W.. I don't think he is the greatest or anything but I think he is way better than Clinton or the current choices..

I could break it down to you in finite detail but it seems as though you have your mind made up.. That's the problem with this country.. Narrow minded brainwashed motherfuckers.. I will never join the sheep so I guess I will just have to imagine what its like to just run with the herd..
Laughable at best.

Mudpuppy
04-13-2008, 04:37 PM
we will see who's laughing when we are totally fucked when an idiot takes office in 09.. with the state of the economy it won't take long for the complete infrastructure to completely collapse..

Captain Morgan
04-13-2008, 05:02 PM
we will see who's laughing when we are totally fucked when an idiot takes office in 09.. with the state of the economy it won't take long for the complete infrastructure to completely collapse..

I have to agree with ya mud. I think the next 4 years are going to be horrible, no matter who gets in office.

OneSickPsycho
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I have to agree with ya mud. I think the next 4 years are going to be horrible, no matter who gets in office.

That's the truth... and with both of the Democrats looking to raise taxes on everyone, I'm scared...

Mudpuppy
04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry I am a radical right winger

I believe in having to work for what you get not lay on welfare and smoke crack

I don't believe in downsizing the military to the point of uselessness

I don't believe in raising taxes to support special interest programs at the expense of the good of the people of this great nation

I could go on but let me switch gears. Here are some interesting Clinton facts:

He shut military bases left and right. It got so bad that some parts of the military couldn't buy a $0.05 bolt to fix their jeeps. The usual 6 month tour of battleships for patroling the world's seas for security were cut down to 3 weeks and didn't overlap due to not having gas money for the ship.

So you are telling me that he has ZERO blame in 9/11? Hmm wonder why our national security was so weak at that time in 2001 just after he left office after 8 years of fucking up our government. If you seriously consider it how long does it take to build something vs. how long to destroy? So you are going to tell me W is a piece of ship because he couldn't completely fix what Clinton destroyed over 8 year in just 8 more years? It would take someone 50 more years to fix it if they even could.

So laugh if you must but none of us will get the last laugh.

OneSickPsycho
04-13-2008, 11:15 PM
For real...

Let's not even talk about the oil reserves he squandered, thereby forfeiting much of our leverage in the world oil economy...

Not to mention the fact that his prosperous economy was nothing more than the internet bubble... Granted, he had very little to do with it, but people need to remember exactly what happened during those days...

This was a time in which upstarts gained millions of dollars with their IPO's... many of these companies consisted of nothing more than a business plan and a promise of some new technology... I like to refer to it as the 'musical chairs days of the stock market'... when the music stopped, there were a lot of unfortunate motherfuckers left without a chair...

marko138
04-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Take your political bullshit to another thread, assholes.

Rider
04-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Cool shit even if you have to takes pics of assholes, it's probably still fun.

marko138
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I dont know if anyone watched this on CNN last night but I was at the "Compassion Forum"....

http://a61.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/73/l_1b7292b25cab02a146c2526edcbd818c.jpg

Smittie61984
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I saw the best shirt at Spencers the other day and wanted to get it despite I despise Obama or the Democratic(And Republican and Libertarian though I side with the Libs the most).

It said "Bros before Hoes" and had a picture of Obama next to "Bros" and Hilliary next to "Hoes". I should have got it.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I dont know if anyone watched this on CNN last night but I was at the "Compassion Forum"....

http://a61.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/73/l_1b7292b25cab02a146c2526edcbd818c.jpg
I saw that shit... it was intresting... stupid questions IMO... (the ones I heard anyways...it was on in the background... didn't really WATCH it)

Phenix_Rider
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I just read an article in the local paper about the Dalai Lama talking about Tibet and the Olympics. Interesting stuff. Said he was there (compassion forum) too. I think I'd rather meet him than anyone else there.

marko138
04-15-2008, 08:19 AM
I saw that shit... it was intresting... stupid questions IMO... (the ones I heard anyways...it was on in the background... didn't really WATCH it)
Yeah it was sorta stupid. I slammed together our package on it in less than 25 minutes. For comparison a good piece could take anywhere from 1 hour to a couple hours to put together.

Mr Lefty
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
damn...

yeah the fuck'n questions I heard were like... (to Hillary) discribe how you felt the holy spirit...

To me that sounds like a mocking question... I'm no Hillary fan in the least... but damn it sounds like she's gotta justfy her beliefs to everyone... fuck that.

marko138
04-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll be in Philly tomorrow for the debate.