View Full Version : First yard sale by yours truly

anyexcuse2ride
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I know I dont come on this site that often, but since many people on this site helped me get started I thought it was only fair I share my first crash. I went from 9th place to 3rd by the 2nd lap and lost the rear at about 87 mph
here is a vid of a practice session (although not the crash itself) at portland international raceway, i crashed at the end of the front straight on my entry into turn one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUxpxU3JRc

ebay has been good to me so far
on the way
Forks $400
salvage vaulving and rebuil in forks $300
Wheels front and rear with rotors $500
fairing stay $90 on the way
radiator $190 on the way
oil cooler$100 on the way
cluch pearch$25 on the way

SS front brake lines $90
new upper and lower and front fender body work, ok a whole new set $499 if you know someone with a set of 05-06 gsxr 1000 send me a pm
exhaust, TRS full system SS #4header, yosh will not sell single piece even though it comes apart. $410 for new header.
exhaust mount $39.99
right vortex foot peg $22

and a ShamWOW cloth
dang that was expensive

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/destined4light/crashrace.jpg

Mr Lefty
06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
damn... well glad you're alright... didn't know you were race'n! when did ya start?

anyexcuse2ride
06-14-2009, 10:43 PM
damn... well glad you're alright... didn't know you were race'n! when did ya start?

this is my first year, now that was my last race and I was to be givin by expert license, however I am a bit behing now, but will finish novice on september and start on the expert grid next year running the senoir 600 class which is 600 5 years and older.

how are you doing? ya still up in AK?

Trip
06-14-2009, 11:46 PM
ouchies, glad you walked away from that one with the look of your bike.

Mr Lefty
06-15-2009, 07:06 AM
this is my first year, now that was my last race and I was to be givin by expert license, however I am a bit behing now, but will finish novice on september and start on the expert grid next year running the senoir 600 class which is 600 5 years and older.

how are you doing? ya still up in AK?

Damn... that's bad ass! I remember your thread in the old house about your first track day! :lol:

naw I'm in Mississippi now... went from AK to Korea... for a year... and been down here since Feb.

any updates on that Track out by The Dalles? is it take'n shape? or have they even broke ground?

anyexcuse2ride
06-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Damn... that's bad ass! I remember your thread in the old house about your first track day! :lol:

naw I'm in Mississippi now... went from AK to Korea... for a year... and been down here since Feb.

any updates on that Track out by The Dalles? is it take'n shape? or have they even broke ground?

it is done,they are finishing the curbing and some other stuff. I have not made it out there, but this is the first day it was open. it is a very blind track and will take alot of tracktime to get it figured out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68V7D42nF4

its nice to have 3 track now near me. one is 5 miles and the others are 1 1/2 hours away. :rockwoot:

shmike
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your get-off.

Your subframe is still intact? Most Gixxers I've seen tumble have the subframe snap off.

Recommendation: Get your frame checked. When I cart wheeld the bike a few years ago (broke my forks similar to yours), the force bent the bearing race and knocked my frame 3mm short.

the chi
06-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Good heavens!! Glad ya walked awy from that one man! Welcome back btw!

z06boy
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Man that sux.

Good to see you didn't get hurt.

Amber Lamps
06-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Well now you'll have plenty of time to :pwhore2: while you wait for parts!

anyexcuse2ride
06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your get-off.

Your subframe is still intact? Most Gixxers I've seen tumble have the subframe snap off.

Recommendation: Get your frame checked. When I cart wheeld the bike a few years ago (broke my forks similar to yours), the force bent the bearing race and knocked my frame 3mm short.

frame has been checked
Good heavens!! Glad ya walked awy from that one man! Welcome back btw!

thanks Rae

Man that sux.

Good to see you didn't get hurt.

Well now you'll have plenty of time to :pwhore2: while you wait for parts!

OH yaaaaaaaaaaa