PDA

View Full Version : red tape ass raping

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
so im about to get my license back, and apparently i have to file this "sr22 bond" in ohio to get my license, back and hold it for 2 years... which is basically an insurance policy that states i have Financial responsibility.

I have to pay this in addition to my insurnace?

What the fuck?

I never got pulled cited for not having insurance, i've always provided proof of insurance, its never been an issue. why the fuck to i need to waste money on this bullshit just to get my license back?

I'm fuming, if anybody has any info on this please help me out, because im about to just say fuck it and start fire bombing government buildings.

Audiomechanic
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
so im about to get my license back, and apparently i have to file this "sr22 bond" in ohio to get my license, back and hold it for 2 years... which is basically an insurance policy that states i have Financial responsibility.

I have to pay this in addition to my insurnace?

What the fuck?

I never got pulled cited for not having insurance, i've always provided proof of insurance, its never been an issue. why the fuck to i need to waste money on this bullshit just to get my license back?

I'm fuming, if anybody has any info on this please help me out, because im about to just say fuck it and start fire bombing government buildings.

Much better idea. Do that. Seriously.

It's a money grab, man. The government doesn't give a crap whether or not you are/were responsible. They want your money. Easy as that.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 05:49 PM
yes, i know that. but i need to know whether this is a neccessary ass raping or if there are alternatives. we're talking fucking 1100 a year ON TOP of my insurance... after i've already paid my debt (6 mo's suspension, remedial drivers course, etc).

dReWpY
04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
what did you do again?

WARputer
04-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah...Sr-22 is required for a certain time period .....how long ? :idk:....after the suspension of a liscense. I've heard there's no way around it.....a friggin' rip off !

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
god damned 2 years.

from what i read it covers your need for liability insurance though, so if i have an sr22 on my car i may only need separate coverage on my bike.

still pisses me the fuck off.

drewp-

I got a 12 pt suspension for paying a ticket, but not paying enough... in a nutshell.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I thought the SR22 was only for DUI's... it was a way of requireing them to carry extra insurance :idk:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
yea well apparently its for ANYBODY with a suspended license...

how much you wanna bet some lobbying motherfuckers instigated this shit to make more money for legal firms and insurance companies.

WARputer
04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
yea well apparently its for ANYBODY with a suspended license...

how much you wanna bet some lobbying motherfuckers instigated this shit to make more money for legal firms and insurance companies.

Exactly ! Just another way for the bastards to make the payment on their Mercedes !

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:31 PM
did a little google search'n and here's some good info
http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/financial_responsibility/fr_requirements.htm

Verification of Proof of Financial Responsibility

Ohio's FR law requires every applicant for registration of a motor vehicle and every applicant for a driver's license, or the renewal of such license, to sign a statement indicating that the applicant maintains, or has maintained proof of financial responsibility at the time of application, and the applicant will not operate a motor vehicle in Ohio without maintaining proof of financial responsibility.

Proof of financial responsibility is required to be verified under the following circumstances:

When an individual or a motor vehicle owned by the individual is involved in a motor vehicle accident that results in bodily injury to or death of any individual or more than $400 of property damage and a complaint is filed with the BMV alleging that the driver or owner was uninsured at the time of the accident. The law permits the driver of any motor vehicle "which is in any manner involved" in such an accident to forward, within six months of the accident, a written report to the Registrar alleging that a driver or owner of any other vehicle involved in the accident was uninsured at the time of the accident. The BMV must send notice of the allegation to that driver and owner. Within 30 days after the mailing of the notice, the driver or owner must forward a report and acceptable proof of financial responsibility to the BMV.

When an individual receives a traffic ticket indicating that proof of the maintenance of financial responsibility was not produced upon the request of a peace officer or State Highway Patrol trooper during the enforcement of Ohio traffic laws or during a motor vehicle inspection. The individual must submit proof to the traffic violations bureau with payment of a fine and costs for the ticketed violation or, if the individual is to appear in court for the ticketed violation, the individual must submit proof to the court.

Whenever an individual is found guilty of a violation of a traffic offense that requires a court appearance. The court must require the individual to verify the existence, at the time of the offense, of proof of financial responsibility covering the individual's operation of the motor vehicle or covering the motor vehicle if registered in the individual's name.

Whenever an individual is randomly selected by the BMV and requested to provide financial responsibility verification.

looks like your kinda SOL... that sucks :sorry:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
well fucking shit. i'll buy it if i have to, to stay legal in the riding months. cause thats the ONLY time i should ever bother being on the rode in a manner in which i could get pulled over. but fucking year round, fuck that.

i dont understand how i can have my full license back, and have insurance, and still need this shit. seriously, its like what the fuck? for christs sake my financial situation has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING related to my suspension, why does it come into play now?

Cutty72
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
In ND it is only for alcohol related offenses.

I've lost my license twice for too many points and never had to file an SR-22.
Got a DUI, and gotta have it. Sucks balls.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:35 PM
did a little google search'n and here's some good info
http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/financial_responsibility/fr_requirements.htm

looks like your kinda SOL... that sucks :sorry:

yea, i've read that. but the thing is all i need is this sr22 shit to get my license reinstated... other than that i dont see how it will be an issue? if i get pulled over i'll have proof of insurance via my insurance cards, and my license will be legit...

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:36 PM
well fucking shit. i'll buy it if i have to, to stay legal in the riding months. cause thats the ONLY time i should ever bother being on the rode in a manner in which i could get pulled over. but fucking year round, fuck that.

i dont understand how i can have my full license back, and have insurance, and still need this shit. seriously, its like what the fuck? for christs sake my financial situation has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING related to my suspension, why does it come into play now?
Carefull... don't wanna end up back at the begining

Ohio law requires verification of proof of financial responsibility whenever a person is "randomly selected" by the BMV and requested to provide such verification. This process includes the mailing of letters to a random selection of five percent (5%) of registered Ohio vehicle and noncommercial truck owners. Approximately 5,400 notices are generated per week or 280,000 notices annually.

The BMV is required to send written notice by regular mail to the owner of each vehicle randomly selected, informing the owner that proof showing financial responsibility coverage was in effect on the date specified must be submitted within 21 days of the mailing of the notice. This notification is sent to the person at the person's last known address as shown on the records of the BMV.

The owner may submit evidence to show that the vehicle is exempt because the vehicle:

Is used on a seasonal basis only and the date specified is out of season for that vehicle;

Is inoperable or has been out of service for a period of at least 30 days immediately prior to the selection date or;

Is exempt for any other reason the BMV may prescribe.

The procedures for requiring verification of proof of financial responsibility by random selection are as follows:

First notice of suspension. If the vehicle owner, within that 21-day period, fails to respond, fails to give acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, or fails to give acceptable proof of financial responsibility, the BMV must order the suspension of the person's license and the impoundment of the person's certificate of registration and license plates, effective no less than 56 days after the date of the mailing of notice of suspension. The notice must be in writing and sent to the person at the person's last known address as shown on the BMV's records.

Second notice of suspension. If, within 21 days after the date of the mailing of the notice of suspension, the Registrar does not receive proof or acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, the BMV must send a second notice of suspension to the person by certified mail return receipt requested. (If the first notice of suspension is returned as not deliverable, the BMV is required to make reasonable efforts to determine whether the owner's address has changed before sending the second notice.) The second notice is to contain the same suspension date as the original notice of suspension, unless the Registrar determines that a different suspension date is necessary to give the person adequate notice.

Suspension effective. If the BMV does not receive acceptable proof and the person does not give acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, the BMV is to permit the order of the suspension of the license and the impoundment of the certificate of registration and license plates to take effect.

Hearing. A person adversely affected by an order of the BMV may request an administrative hearing with the BMV. The scope of the hearing is limited to (1) whether the vehicle is exempt and (2) whether the person in fact demonstrated to the Registrar proof of financial responsibility. The person must pay the cost of the hearing if the Registrar's order of suspension or impoundment is upheld.

Reinstatement by a deputy registrar. A person whose license has been suspended for failure to respond to a random verification request may present at the office of any deputy registrar proof that the person had financial responsibility coverage on the date specified by the Registrar. If the proof is acceptable and the person is not under any other suspensions, the deputy registrar must reissue the person's driver's license and vehicle registration upon payment of the applicable statutory fees other than the reinstatement fee.

The Random Selection Program is administered by a subsidiary office of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles located in Richfield, Ohio. Therefore, for this program only, correspondence should be addressed to:

Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles

P.O. Box 390

Richfield, OH 44286-0390

The phone number for questions is 1-866-835-6305.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
argh i hate this shit.

I will do it, but i am going to swear a vendetta against the state of ohio. some day i will enact my sweet revenge on these blood sucking capitalists... and a that is a promise.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
I say move... fuck ohio... at least if your gonna still pay the SR22... you'll pay it to another state who wasn't the reason you had to have it in the first place.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
good fucking idea. yet im still bone broke. i think i'll start lookin for schools out east where i can finish my courses and still get adequate financial aide.

fuck ohio, im so done with it.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
well when I get to CO... you've got a place to crash there.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
well when I get to CO... you've got a place to crash there.

i'll hold you to that, my friend, be forewarned.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
please... I'm serious, ya'll are welcome at my place pretty much any time (obviously as long as I'm in town :lol:)

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 07:11 PM
please... I'm serious, ya'll are welcome at my place pretty much any time (obviously as long as I'm in town :lol:)

sawwweeeeeet.

just keep that dude in the orange shirt away from my butt hole.

6doublefive321
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
<Adult voice on> Ok. You obviously had enough offenses to lose your driving rights in the great state of Ohio. Now, you are able to get your license back, and the state of Ohio wants to make sure that when your crazy driving ass gets back on the road, you will be covered when you run over a bus load of blind kids. I hate to bring this up, but you DID get a ticket for passing a cop on a double yellow, did you not. Bottom line is, don't drive like a jack ass and you won't have these kinds of issues. <Adult voice off>

I've been in your shoes and I feel for you. Suck it up, pay the piper, and drive like a sane person. A couple more tickets and you will feel real pain.

Good luck.

Dave
04-01-2008, 07:19 PM
ahem: MOVE! for that 1100 you can move into the spare room in my house and have a space in the garage for the f3 :P

WARputer
04-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Ohio ....all they have is college football...move !!!

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
sawwweeeeeet.

:lol: keep flash'n that nipple an no promises

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
<Adult voice on> Ok. You obviously had enough offenses to lose your driving rights in the great state of Ohio. Now, you are able to get your license back, and the state of Ohio wants to make sure that when your crazy driving ass gets back on the road, you will be covered when you run over a bus load of blind kids. I hate to bring this up, but you DID get a ticket for passing a cop on a double yellow, did you not. Bottom line is, don't drive like a jack ass and you won't have these kinds of issues. <Adult voice off>

I've been in your shoes and I feel for you. Suck it up, pay the piper, and drive like a sane person. A couple more tickets and you will feel real pain.

Good luck.

lol yea i did get that ticket, but i swear to god it was an honest mistake. for the most part i DONT drive/ride unsafely.

the reason i got suspended was a combination of bad timing, misinformation, and apathy on my part. not because i was doing anything TERRIBLY against the law, no more than any of you for that matter.

the chi
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
sawwweeeeeet.

i hear sleeping on your back is your best bet...

lol yea i did get that ticket, but i swear to god it was an honest mistake. for the most part i DONT drive/ride unsafely.

the reason i got suspended was a combination of bad timing, misinformation, and apathy on my part. not because i was doing anything TERRIBLY against the law, no more than any of you for that matter.

Other than scaring the shit outta me i gotta agree, you do mostly have a level head on your shoulders...just pay the shit and keep it clean a few years and youll forget all about it!

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 08:43 PM
i hear sleeping on your back is your best bet...

Rae... I was just trying to get you on your back... :wink:

the chi
04-01-2008, 08:43 PM
perv....

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
that's why you want me :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 09:44 PM
hey ebbs you gonna send me a shirt for hookin you up w/ the design or what now?

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
yeah check out the T-Shirt thread... the next ones I'm gonna have made are your logo on front... OSP's knee dragger that Trip remade on the back... and TwoWheeFix.com above it... with Don't Ride Like An Asshole under it.

I'm just waiting to have someone type up Don't Ride Like An Asshole in the correct font. :tt:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
ya i'll get on that for a free t-shift :tt:

ya i used one.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I may order a couple extra...

now get me that font! :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1994/ebbsisabitcheq2.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5866/ebbsisabitchgn0.jpg

i wear a medium, by the way.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
psst... attach please and you'll get what I order

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:06 PM
you and your crappy job.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:09 PM
now you KNOW DLit is gonna throw a fit that there's no apostrophe in Don't

:lol:

thanks btw

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
oh fuck, do you want an apostrophe?

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
if it's not too much of a pain... if it is... fuck it

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
here ya go

NONE_too_SOFT
if it's not too much of a pain... if it is... fuck it

already did done it.

Mr Lefty
you the man. thanks

BAHAHAHAHA fuck you and your file name

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:16 PM
lmao i was wondering when you'd notice.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm gonna make your shirt say I love the cock under black light... go ahead... ask me how :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
oh god ew. thats so gross...

imma give rae rae a BIG hug in that one at the rally.

Mr Lefty
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
damn... hey can you attach you logo again... I thought I had it saved here at work... no luck. and I'm leaving here shortly to go order the new shirt

the chi
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
oh god ew. thats so gross...

imma give rae rae a BIG hug in that one at the rally.

note to self: carry large can of Lysol and drench Steve when visible in TWFix shirt...

NONE_too_SOFT
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
note to self: pack extra twfix decoy shirt