PDA

View Full Version : Roller Stand on Sale!

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Towards the back of the Motorcyclist mag I hold in my hands is an ad for Harbor Freight. In that ad are coupons which will score you a $10 torque wrench, a 10% off anything, several other things or this baby for $19...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98800

This things are great for washing your rims or cleaning/lubing your chain without having to break out the stands... FWIW I'm getting one!

Gas Man
06-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I have a HF ad in my truck... gg to have to see if its in there... if it is... I'm also getting AT LEAST ONE

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I have a HF ad in my truck... gg to have to see if its in there... if it is... I'm also getting AT LEAST ONE

Right? Those things are the shit for quick stuff!!!:rockwoot: Hey while you're there, take a look at their tire change stand, motorcycle adapter and motorcycle tire balance stand and tell me what you think. hey that coupon isn't anywhere to be found except on the rag. I wonder if they'll take a copy. Tomorrow I'll scan it and post a pic.

z06boy
06-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I've never been in Harbor Freight but there is one not too far away so I may have to check it out.

That stand looks pretty useful. I have front and rear stands but that little thing would be quicker for the little stuff.

shmike
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I must be the only one that doesn't see the allure. :idk:

How is this any quicker or easier than taking 2 seconds to throw the bike on a stand? :scratch:

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I must be the only one that doesn't see the allure. :idk:

How is this any quicker or easier than taking 2 seconds to throw the bike on a stand? :scratch:

Well, you just roll your bike on it and you then can move the wheel however you wish. Besides with some larger bikes, putting it on stands may not be entirely safe or easy by yourself. There are also those people who don't have stands...:idk: I used to have one that I kept in my wash bucket and just grabbed the bucket when it was wash time. I guess they're not for everyone....:lol:

shmike
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, you just roll your bike on it and you then can move the wheel however you wish. Besides with some larger bikes, putting it on stands may not be entirely safe or easy by yourself. There are also those people who don't have stands...:idk: I used to have one that I kept in my wash bucket and just grabbed the bucket when it was wash time. I guess they're not for everyone....:lol:

The large bikes I can understand.

If you have a touring bike, chopper or center stand I see the use.

I just found it funny that a bunch of sportbike guys that already have stands would buy these for convenience. :lol:

If you don't have stands already use the $30 and put it toward a set of T-Rex or Redline stands. IMO, of course. ;)

tommymac
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
screw the stands I want the MC lift so I can get the bike up off the ground to work on.

Tom

Trip
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree with shmike, I can put my bike on a rear stand much more easily than putting it on this. Plus, I like the stability of the stand better, I am not going to be worried about the bike falling over at all on the pit bull.

z06boy
06-18-2009, 12:01 PM
The large bikes I can understand.

If you have a touring bike, chopper or center stand I see the use.

I just found it funny that a bunch of sportbike guys that already have stands would buy these for convenience. :lol:

If you don't have stands already use the $30 and put it toward a set of T-Rex or Redline stands. IMO, of course. ;)

I'd never even seen one until I clicked this link and the idea that popped in my head is that for one I have a lot of chit in my garage and this little thing would be quicker for me to grab than digging my stands out when just cleaning the wheels and such.

I also have two bikes and only one set of stands and my Pitbull stands didn't cost $20.

My front stands are the pin type and I know I could roll the front tire into this cradle quicker than having to first put the bike on a rear stand and then having to line up the steering stem hole with the pin on the front stand...and then take all of it back down and do the same thing to the other bike...just to spin the wheel for a cleaning...plus I could have the wife cleaning her chain at the same time I'm cleaning mine without having to have two rear stands taking up space in the garage. :idk:

No real "allure"...just thought it was a cool idea for $20. :lol:

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Well just in case anyone wants it... Yea I know I scanned it upside down...:lol:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/hb1.jpg

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd never even seen one until I clicked this link and the idea that popped in my head is that for one I have a lot of chit in my garage and this little thing would be quicker for me to grab than digging my stands out when just cleaning the wheels and such.

I also have two bikes and only one set of stands and my Pitbull stands didn't cost $20.

My front stands are the pin type and I know I could roll the front tire into this cradle quicker than having to first put the bike on a rear stand and then having to line up the steering stem hole with the pin on the front stand...and then take all of it back down and do the same thing to the other bike...just to spin the wheel for a cleaning...plus I could have the wife cleaning her chain at the same time I'm cleaning mine without having to have two rear stands taking up space in the garage. :idk:

No real "allure"...just thought it was a cool idea for $20. :lol:

Yea, both of my front stands are a pain. My Suzuki stand fits in the holes at the bottom of my fork AFTER I remove the axle locking bolts. You've already mentioned the Pit Bull front stand. Which is exceptionally painful with my front lowered.:lol: Oh well, I'm not selling the damn things!:lol:

Gas Man
06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I read my ad and its NOT listed!! Lick my ballz sak!

Tigger... go buy one... try it and and let me know if it ROCKZ

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I read my ad and its NOT listed!! Lick my ballz sak!

Tigger... go buy one... try it and and let me know if it ROCKZ

I already got one buddy! I'm gonna go use it right now! Btw if it's good enough for Lorenzo's crew....:whistle:

Thanks Racer X

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
And here are some pics! Boy I'll be glad when my rims are repainted!!!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0718.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0719.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0720.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0721.jpg

Here's a pic of the $60 Original Rollerstand for comparison. I kinda like the ramp on the one I have.:rockwoot:

Yamerhaw
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
hmmm, i have stands, but i might get one of those, shit for the price,cant beat it

Amber Lamps
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
hmmm, i have stands, but i might get one of those, shit for the price,cant beat it

Yea it's not orgasmic or anything but when I lost my old one, I missed it.

Gas Man
06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Tigger, couple questions..

How stable is the bike on it?
Do you have 2 of them?
How is it with one on each end?
Can you provide me with a link to their website with that price? Not sure your scan will work at my store.

Why are you getting your rims repainted? Why not powdercoated?

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Tigger, couple questions..

How stable is the bike on it?
Do you have 2 of them?
How is it with one on each end?
Can you provide me with a link to their website with that price? Not sure your scan will work at my store.

Why are you getting your rims repainted? Why not powdercoated?

Hahaha! Didn't we already have the powdercoating argument ,Chris?

I only got one because I can only clean one wheel at a time.:wink:

The bike is fine on the stand but they do suggest that you use a spacer under the kick stand if necessary. Because it raises the wheel only about an 1/2 inch, I can't see where it would unduly stress the kick stand.:idk:

Sorry, I searched both Motorcyclist and Harbor Freight and I couldn't find anything. All they really need is the number off the coupon to input into the register. Heck, my coupon didn't want to scan either so she had to put the number in manually.:lol:

It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything but it beats running my stands up and down three floors of stairs just to wipe off my rims or lube my chain. :rockwoot:

the chi
06-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Thats my question too, how stable is it?

GM, hunny, you are so high its funny...:lol:

Geez Tig, WTF you do to those rims man?

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 04:40 PM

That's the "it's Sunday and I want to ride but my back tire is toast and I have a new one on the patio but I don't have the proper tools to replace a motorcycle tire I bet I can do it with a tire iron and some screw drivers if I try" situation.:lol:

the chi
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
That's the "it's Sunday and I want to ride but my back tire is toast and I have a new one on the patio but I don't have the proper tools to replace a motorcycle tire I bet I can do it with a tire iron and some screw drivers if I try" situation.:lol:

:lol: NEVER a good idea!

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 05:02 PM
:lol: NEVER a good idea!

Hey my ass was riding!!!:lol:

the chi
06-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey my ass was riding!!!:lol:

Two words:

Plan

Ahead

:rofl: Thankfully, I have buddies with tire changing machines, my rims are probably the least beat up part of my bike.

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Two words:

Plan

Ahead

:rofl: Thankfully, I have buddies with tire changing machines, my rims are probably the least beat up part of my bike.

Hey I had the tires didn't I? Yea I got back from the rally and then I was busy with the new gf and just let it get away from me. I'm already looking at another rear tire. I'm thinking I'll try the BT-21 in the rear and see how that goes...

Gas Man
06-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Hahaha! Didn't we already have the powdercoating argument ,Chris?

I only got one because I can only clean one wheel at a time.:wink:

The bike is fine on the stand but they do suggest that you use a spacer under the kick stand if necessary. Because it raises the wheel only about an 1/2 inch, I can't see where it would unduly stress the kick stand.:idk:

Sorry, I searched both Motorcyclist and Harbor Freight and I couldn't find anything. All they really need is the number off the coupon to input into the register. Heck, my coupon didn't want to scan either so she had to put the number in manually.:lol:

It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything but it beats running my stands up and down three floors of stairs just to wipe off my rims or lube my chain. :rockwoot:

I do sorta remember that PC thread... but it got so large I don't remember the particulars.

I didn't think about the height raising. And being I don't have to lube a chain, and cant really do both wheels at once... I guess I'll just stick to the craftsman mc jack for bike washing.

I not am high. :didntdo:

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I do sorta remember that PC thread... but it got so large I don't remember the particulars.

I didn't think about the height raising. And being I don't have to lube a chain, and cant really do both wheels at once... I guess I'll just stick to the craftsman mc jack for bike washing.

I not am high. :didntdo:

See those mc jacks scare me! I'd imagine that you strap or bolt the bike down somehow?:idk:

Gas Man
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Nope... no straps....

I use to use the 2 small scissor jacks from the lift when washing a bike in the driveway but more recently I have been just using the sears jack... both to get the wheels to rotate

Here's the chop on the sears jack...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/SearsLift009.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/SearsLift008.jpg

Honestly... strappin the bike to the jack would do NOTHING. Before I got the real lift I thought about putting in some concrete anchors so I could spin in some eye loops to strap to.

But if you want to see a stable as hell jack. Check out http://www.jsjacks.com/

For under $400 shipped the 18" of lift is great. I helped the neighbor wife buy one for my neighbor bud (her husband). Put it under even his non-flat railed frame. It was on the frame behind the motor and on the bottom of the oil pan in the front... still stable even on his driveway slant. AMAZING!

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow! There was a guy one year in Daytona that was selling a bike jack that you first installed a kit on you bike which made the bike "snap" onto the jack. That bitch wasn't going anywhere. He would spin the bike around (a Goldwing, I believe) like it was on a carousel! My biggest problem with jacks is and this may be really, really stupid but I'd imagine that you can't actually "work" on the bike on the jack right? I mean if you remove a tire, for example, wouldn't that fuck up the balance and cause the bike to fall? I told you it was a stupid question btw!:lol: Oh and I mean with the Craftman, not the "Uber-jack"

askmrjesus
06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Two words:

Plan

Ahead

Two more words:

Rim savers-

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aerostich.com/files/images/detailed/1498_1c.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Plastic-Rim-Saver-p-18989.html&usg=__G4eEeWtasptR0ZIviADXxV5G7Ds=&h=600&w=495&sz=61&hl=en&start=9&um=1&tbnid=OU9hDYRZE_TO7M:&tbnh=135&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drim%2Bsavers%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

JC

Gas Man
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow! There was a guy one year in Daytona that was selling a bike jack that you first installed a kit on you bike which made the bike "snap" onto the jack. That bitch wasn't going anywhere. He would spin the bike around (a Goldwing, I believe) like it was on a carousel! My biggest problem with jacks is and this may be really, really stupid but I'd imagine that you can't actually "work" on the bike on the jack right? I mean if you remove a tire, for example, wouldn't that fuck up the balance and cause the bike to fall? I told you it was a stupid question btw!:lol: Oh and I mean with the Craftman, not the "Uber-jack"
Yeah with the crapsman jack you're right. But not with the J&S or pitbulls.

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah with the crapsman jack you're right. But not with the J&S or pitbulls.

Well then FUCK BOB VILLA!!!:lol:

Gas Man
06-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Nah... not my type!

zed
06-20-2009, 09:18 AM

if you put something under the kickstand it helps keep the tire from making it's way off the roller. Tina's bike is lowered quite a bit and with the roller we have if it's not pretty close to being upright it wants to roll off the stand (rolls off to the side of the stand).