PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kaneman!!!

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey I have some nylon riding pants that I bought about 4 years ago. They're alright but I'm seriously considering getting some new ones. Btw I'm WAY tired of my riding jeans! I'm considering these and I'm honestly interested in your opinion since you wear this type of gear all the time. Thanks! Btw sorry but the leather pants days of this season are all but over for my ass!!! 92 today and 100+ tomorrow, I know some guys can hack it- well not this sucker!!!!

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/off+road/dual+sport/fieldsheer_booster+waterproof+overpants+-+silver

Btw if anyone is looking for some decent gear at a low price, you may want to check this link out!
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/brands/fieldsheer

Mr Lefty
06-19-2009, 08:06 PM
well I can't see something that's waterproof being much better in the heat... :idk:(you had perferated leathers right?)

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
well I can't see something that's waterproof being much better in the heat... :idk:(you had perferated leathers right?)

Yea but those dogs are hot and it says "breathable"... Heck, they were hot at the rally and it wasn't as hot as it is now!:lol: They also have the "mesh" pants so I might go that way.:idk: I've never found a pair of riding jeans that I've been completely happy with and the leather is just a little much. Yes I am a wimp!!!:lol: I keep looking at the Shift Havok pants (leather/nylon hybrid) but they only come in black and I'd rather get white/black. Nylon has come a long way in recent years so I'm ready to give it another chance.

CrazyKell
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I've never seen someone wearing overpants so I know nothing about them.

Can you wear them alone or do you honestly wear them OVER other pants? :scratch:

Mr Lefty
06-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I've got the Alpinestar Street Cargo's that I throw over my jeans... but honestly.... I just wear my jeans... though I just commute anymore... not much intresting riding down here...

the A* Street Cargo's is what I was wearing when I wrecked my ZZR... with the A* knee and shin armor... good combo. the knees are double thickness.. and I burnta couple small holes through the first layer... but they breathe fairly well... but not water proof at all

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I've never seen someone wearing overpants so I know nothing about them.

Can you wear them alone or do you honestly wear them OVER other pants? :scratch:

I don't know how they get that name really. They size them the same as pants but then say for you to buy a size larger if you plan to wear them OVER pants...:idk: The nylon pants I have now aren't armored and just have padding in the hip and a double knee and butt area. That's okay because I wear my knee armor all the time anyway but I'd like something more protective but cooler than even perforated leather. I basically want it all dammit!!!! I've considered the armored shorts, with my knee armor and a decent pair of jeans...I just don't think I'd feel comfortable riding hard. Plus, I already have under armor pants that are the monkey butt kings of the world!!!

Mr Lefty
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I usuallywear my A*'s as OVER pants... because I took the armor out and have my separate A* armor I wear... but I've worn them many times as just pants with armor under them.

Amber Lamps
06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I usuallywear my A*'s as OVER pants... because I took the armor out and have my separate A* armor I wear... but I've worn them many times as just pants with armor under them.

Yea I wear the ones I have now as pants... they just don't fill me with the confidence that leather does, you know what I mean?:idk:

Mr Lefty
06-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Yea I wear the ones I have now as pants... they just don't fill me with the confidence that leather does, you know what I mean?:idk:

yeah... don't know if you will with any of them... :idk: