PDA

View Full Version : This is what nascar should have been

derf
06-21-2009, 04:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ipFApsFec&eurl=http://sucksqueezebangblow-juice.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html&feature=player_embedded

Adeptus_Minor
06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Actually, that's basically what NASCAR was.

NASCAR started out as a bunch of backwards guys going fast, and what you have in that video are a bunch of guys going backwards fast.

Dave
06-21-2009, 08:40 AM
heh look at v8 supercars. Thats what nascar should have been.

zed
06-21-2009, 08:55 AM
looked more like demolition derby than a race.

that trailer racing and slolem was pretty funny.

Homeslice
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't be allowed in the pussy US. "Think of the children"

Riceaholic
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
sweet jumps...

zed
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
they still have demolition derby at the county fair back home.

unknownroad
06-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Up until a couple years ago there was a track nearby that did trailer racing, figure-8 racing, races with old schoolbuses, hearses, various oddball stuff... it's a subdivision now :bash:

zed
06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Up until a couple years ago there was a track nearby that did trailer racing, figure-8 racing, races with old schoolbuses, hearses, various oddball stuff... it's a subdivision now :bash:

here in KC a bunch of rich people decided to build houses close to the drag strip. then they found out it was kinda loud and are getting it closed down/making it move.

Trip
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM

we had the same thing happen, except the housing market collapsed and the subdivision was canceled and they turned it into a dirt track. I miss the asphalt one with the crazy shit like figure 8 racing.

derf
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
here in KC a bunch of rich people decided to build houses close to the drag strip. then they found out it was kinda loud and are getting it closed down/making it move.

There are 2 local tracks that have been around for decades that recently closed because of complains from folks who just bought new construction and arn't happy that you can hear the track on the weekend.

zed
06-23-2009, 12:08 AM
There are 2 local tracks that have been around for decades that recently closed because of complains from folks who just bought new construction and arn't happy that you can hear the track on the weekend.

I really don't understand that at all. the business had been there for years. why make it move?

derf
06-23-2009, 12:25 AM
one was sued into oblivion by new house owners that weren't expecting the noise, I remember that one clearly because I went to look at one of those houses and the salesman warned me about the track nearby and said that we would have to sign a waiver saying that we understood there was a track nearby, this was before the legal troubles. The owner decided that it wasn't worth the hastle, tried to sell it and couln't find a buyer.

It was actually a pretty sad thing because the track owner really did alot for the township, he was constantly buying the high school sports and music equiptment, the high school used his property as sporting fields, the new development had 2 out of the 3 entrances to their development on a private road that he owned and maintained (with the only other road being a dirt road). When he closed the track he also shut down the road and wound up selling the property to the township. The housing development had to pay for the dirt road to be paved by raising association fees. The people were livid that this guy could block off a street like that, the street being the one that lead only to his racetrack and the development, he was the devil brough to life in the papers for a few years.

The other one I was told that the property was vandalized constantly after the complaints started to come in, that track was on it's way out of bussiness, each time I went there the stands were empty so I don't know if it was just bad bussiness or not, but it was all over the papers too.

zed
06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
one was sued into oblivion by new house owners that weren't expecting the noise, I remember that one clearly because I went to look at one of those houses and the salesman warned me about the track nearby and said that we would have to sign a waiver saying that we understood there was a track nearby, this was before the legal troubles. The owner decided that it wasn't worth the hastle, tried to sell it and couln't find a buyer.

If I was a judge I'd make them pay for frivolous law suit. stupid fuckers. it'd be like moving into a house within a few miles of a train track and not expecting to hear the train.

Adeptus_Minor
06-23-2009, 12:57 AM
If I was a judge I'd make them pay for frivolous law suit. stupid fuckers. it'd be like moving into a house within a few miles of a train track and not expecting to hear the train.

We have people moving into downtown Austin... which is known for live music and its entertainment district... and they are complaining about the noise. :rolleyes:

Seriously... any local lawyer ought to be required to tell them :wtfru:

zed
06-23-2009, 08:37 AM
We have people moving into downtown Austin... which is known for live music and its entertainment district... and they are complaining about the noise. :rolleyes:

Seriously... any local lawyer ought to be required to tell them :wtfru:

and they probably moved down there to be near the "action". :idk:

MILK
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Bunch of folks in Concord tried that recently when the owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway wanted to build an drag strip across the street. They ALREADY lived near the speedway but wanted to block the drag strip. Well the owner of the Speedway said OK -and basically that he would close down EVERYTHING and move to a different state. :wtfru:

Now not only is the drag strip where he wanted it but they named the road after him too! :lmao:

pauldun170
06-23-2009, 11:32 AM
We used to have a racetrack on on Long Island but it went out of business. When the oppurtunity came about to build a new one on the old Grumman place, menopausal assholes and scumbags killed it so they could build a pointless "ski mountain" and retail bullshit.

So instead of actual industry and real money they are going to pump a lot of retail jobs and traffic into the area. Instead of noise from the racetrack they prefer the noise of traffic and construction and increase property taxes.

Rsv1000R
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
We used to have a racetrack on on Long Island but it went out of business. When the oppurtunity came about to build a new one on the old Grumman place, menopausal assholes and scumbags killed it so they could build a pointless "ski mountain" and retail bullshit.

So instead of actual industry and real money they are going to pump a lot of retail jobs and traffic into the area. Instead of noise from the racetrack they prefer the noise of traffic and construction and increase property taxes.

That so matches your avatar!

z06boy
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Bunch of folks in Concord tried that recently when the owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway wanted to build an drag strip across the street. They ALREADY lived near the speedway but wanted to block the drag strip. Well the owner of the Speedway said OK -and basically that he would close down EVERYTHING and move to a different state. :wtfru:

Now not only is the drag strip where he wanted it but they named the road after him too! :lmao:

Bruton Smith Blvd !! :lol: No kidding... tax breaks and all !!!