PDA

View Full Version : Icon Accelerant Waterproof Boots

z06boy
06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Anyone have them ?

They seem like a pretty decent boot for around town or a quick jaunt. Sometimes if I'm riding somewhere and will be getting off the bike and walking around quite a bit these may come in handy. They have some protection and would be more comfortable than a racing style boot I believe. I like my A* boots when I'm on the bike but don't care too much for them if I'm doing a lot of walking but happen to be out on the bike.

I found them for $100 shipped which seems like a decent deal.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2009_Icon_Accelerant_Waterproof_Boots_Black.jpg

Icon Accelerant Waterproof Boots

When it comes to riding in the wet, it has always been a toss-up. Deal with soaked feet or wear a set of hideous black waterproof touring boots straight out of the Star Trek prop room. Until now. Introducing the Accelerant Waterproof Boot. The Accelerant is 100% waterproof, making it the ultimate performance based street specific riding boot. It’s also the lightest boot we have ever produced. But that doesn’t mean for a second that Icon compromised on a single aspect of safety or durability. The Accelerant Waterproof Boot comes standard with a shin deflector strap and is reinforced with an aluminum positive lock buckle. Inside the ultra-comfortable midsole, you’ll find a full steel shank for support. Finally, it features a specially designed pro-grip compound rubber outsole. The new Accelerant Waterproof Boot is low-key with casual styling, but maxed out with functionality and comfort.

Durable leather/nylon upper

100% waterproof

Internal steel shank for support

Internal ankle armor

Shin deflection strap

Aluminum positive lock buckle

Lightweight construction

Anti slip rubber compound

Imported

Amber Lamps
06-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I have the Field Armor boots and can vouch for their comfort and protection. BTW my experience with waterproof boots is that they get soaked from the inside out!

z06boy
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I have the Field Armor boots and can vouch for their comfort and protection. BTW my experience with waterproof boots is that they get soaked from the inside out!

Huh ? From sweat from not breathing ? A friend bought a pair and likes them. I tried them on lastnight since we wear the same size and they are comfortable. A guy at the store had a pair on and he likes them because he can wear them to work and walk/stand around all day and them ride them home on his bike.

I may pick up a pair for $100 shipped from another place I saw them listed. I still have my A* SMX boots for the longer rides.

Amber Lamps
06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Huh ? From sweat from not breathing ? A friend bought a pair and likes them. I tried them on lastnight since we wear the same size and they are comfortable. A guy at the store had a pair on and he likes them because he can wear them to work and walk/stand around all day and them ride them home on his bike.

I may pick up a pair for $100 shipped from another place I saw them listed. I still have my A* SMX boots for the longer rides.

Sweating! Hey give them a try, for $100 you can't go wrong!