PDA

View Full Version : Hey Derf and Other Race Suit Lovers

Amber Lamps
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Cycle gear has a pretty good deal on a full leather suit.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=108&L4=111&item=FTL_FTL279-BR-38_G

Mikey
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
That's an awesome deal. I've been wearing a Frank Thomas suit for about five years now, and I would highly recommend it.

marko138
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
You are honestly the first person I've heard who said anything good about them. Usually I hear things about them falling apart rather quickly.

Amber Lamps
06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
You are honestly the first person I've heard who said anything good about them. Usually I hear things about them falling apart rather quickly.

I've heard mixed reviews but Derf was looking for a cheap suit for his brother and at least this in a "brand name" and would be purchased from a reputable source. Cycle gear has excellent customer service in my experience!

derf
06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeh I forwarded it to his GF... who knows if shell buy it or not

Amber Lamps
06-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeh I forwarded it to his GF... who knows if shell buy it or not

An now that my good deed is done I can go back to being an asshole and a douche!!!!:rockwoot:

marko138
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
I've heard mixed reviews but Derf was looking for a cheap suit for his brother and at least this in a "brand name" and would be purchased from a reputable source. Cycle gear has excellent customer service in my experience!
Right on. I'm sure they are a great entry level suit. Which is basically what I've heard. Decent for the price, but not something that maybe will last long term. But if thats not the case, then I stand corrected.

Amber Lamps
06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Right on. I'm sure they are a great entry level suit. Which is basically what I've heard. Decent for the price, but not something that maybe will last long term. But if thats not the case, then I stand corrected.

Yea one thing I'm learning is that most if not all of the leather companies are at least farming out their less expensive suits to Chinese factories. In fact, one guy tried to convince me that his $300 of brand suit was made in the same factory and to the same specs as a Dainese Laguna suit.:idk:

zed
06-25-2009, 09:06 AM
you can also try to get in good with your parts person/manager. Tucker Rocky sends out a small catalog with their closeout items that can be very cheap to the dealer (the reason to get in good with the parts manager) but they don't have to pass that savings along immediatly.

I know you guys probably wouldn't wear it but as an example they had a hell of a closeout on LBZ. at 10% over the lether jacket would have cost me $20.

marko138
06-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm just now looking at the link. Thats a good looking suit.

Amber Lamps
06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm just now looking at the link. Thats a good looking suit.

See? I honestly gave it a thought but I'd never wear it.

marko138
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
See? I honestly gave it a thought but I'd never wear it.
I'd wear it. Don't have the money or the need...but I'd buy it if I was in the market for a cheap suit.