PDA

View Full Version : Anyone roll their own smokes????

TATER
04-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I am thinkin about rollin my own smokes for two reasons...

1. I can bank more cash towards the bike fund.

2. I think I'll smoke less if I am forced to roll them myself

a pack is about $5 in MA and up to $6 thats for 20 cigarettes....

For $20 shipped to my door I can buy enough tobacco to roll 200 cigarettes... and that includes the tubes to stuff them...

I cant forget the one time purchace of the rolling machine seen here... $25

anyone else here roll their own..I got the idea from a friend who relocated to NY city and smokes are $8 a pack. F*&k that...

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
ever think about mannin up and just quitting?

i used to roll my own joints... its an artform.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Damn, just move to Missouri. 3 bucks and some change for a pack of camel turkish gold 100s.

Actually I am working on quitting. It sucks ass, but I have been dipping more the last couple days to make it better.

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM

yeah that saves a ton of money

t-homo
04-03-2008, 01:23 PM

the problem isn't that i can't quit. It's that I don't want to quit. I have fun smoking. I abuse my body enough ways I'm sure I will die before it kills me.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
sorry. i work in the medical field. i've never met somebody with COPD or lung cancer that hasnt regreted kicking the habit. no matter how fun it is.

the worst part is they regret smoking, they regret the diseases, and they continue to smoke.

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
the problem isn't that i can't quit. It's that I don't want to quit. I have fun smoking. I abuse my body enough ways I'm sure I will die before it kills me.

I am not a smoking nazi, I will occassionally smoke a cigar. So I understand.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I am not a smoking nazi, I will occassionally smoke a cigar. So I understand.

truth. I'd say i smoke at least half a dozen cigars a year, and i'm the last person to ask somebody to put out a cigarette... hell i even opposed the smoking ban in ohio.

but unfortunately its a habit that ends up owning you.

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
truth. I'd say i smoke at least half a dozen cigars a year, and i'm the last person to ask somebody to put out a cigarette... hell i even opposed the smoking ban in ohio.

but unfortunately its a habit that ends up owning you.

Yeah that's why I refuse to smoke cigarettes, too addicitive and how little I smoke cigars, it has no addictive effects on me.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I was amazed at how quickly i got addicted to cigarettes. Impressive in its own way.

Where'd TATER go? make a thread then run off?

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah that's why I refuse to smoke cigarettes, too addicitive and how little I smoke cigars, it has no addictive effects on me.

we should have a group cigar smoke in june... or would that be gay like white water rafting or knitting scarves?

I was amazed at how quickly i got addicted to cigarettes. Impressive in its own way.

Where'd TATER go? make a thread then run off?

the biggest thing that gets me about smokers, is that they'll huddle out in zero degree weather just to finish their cigarette... like thats enjoyable.

I do envy the social aspect of it, it seems smokers have no problems talking to other smokers... its actually much like motorcyclists, except instead of waving they offer a light.

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:43 PM
we should have a group cigar smoke in june... or would that be gay like white water rafting or knitting scarves?

Not gay enough!

Let's bring some to light up on the night run at the overlook.

I still think we should plan to do a group dance, maybe the "I will survive" dance from The Replacements movie!

Give me a few minutes and I will write out how to do the dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhScThq84

t-homo
04-03-2008, 01:44 PM
the biggest thing that gets me about smokers, is that they'll huddle out in zero degree weather just to finish their cigarette... like thats enjoyable.

I do envy the social aspect of it, it seems smokers have no problems talking to other smokers... its actually much like motorcyclists, except instead of waving they offer a light.

That is actually kinda true. You know you automatically have something in common no matter how small so its easy to start a conversation. Dipping is even more of a common ground, because normally people who dip are from small/country towns from what i've seen. And if you offer someone a dip they are automatically like a friend.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Not gay enough!

Let's bring some to light up on the night run at the overlook.

I still think we should plan to do a group dance, maybe the "I will survive" dance from The Replacements movie!

Give me a few minutes and I will write out how to do the dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhScThq84

lmao, i'm trying to guage the seriousness of this post...

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
lmao, i'm trying to guage the seriousness of this post...

Cigars at the overlook is the only serious part to help you out.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I was going to say the cigar part doesn't sound bad, but the rest is shitty so maybe you thought the cigars were gay too. lol

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Cigars at the overlook is the only serious part to help you out.

hah good, cause i thought that sounded cool, specially at night.

Trip
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
hah good, cause i thought that sounded cool, specially at night.

I like to hang out there on summer nights when it cools down. It's so quiet and dark. Just plain peaceful.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey NTS, being in the medical field and all, how bad is dipping compared to smoking?

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
worse, actually. if used in the same regularity as cigarettes.

think about having your lower jaw removed because of cancer... just saw a case like that last week. he was 41

t-homo
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
worse, actually. if used in the same regularity as cigarettes.

think about having your lower jaw removed because of cancer... just saw a case like that last week. he was 41

is one or two times a day going to hurt me much? as opposed to the almost pack a day i was smoking?

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
dude its all relative... all i can tell you is statistics, not your future.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
dude its all relative... all i can tell you is statistics, not your future.

damn it. i thought you were supposed to be good at that shit.

TATER
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
That is actually kinda true. You know you automatically have something in common no matter how small so its easy to start a conversation. Dipping is even more of a common ground, because normally people who dip are from small/country towns from what i've seen. And if you offer someone a dip they are automatically like a friend.

at about $9 a tin they better treat you like a friend for a dip. they should also juggle you tackle for one too.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
9 bucks a can?! grizzley is just under 3 after tax and skoal/cope are about 5. I would tell you to stop smoking and just dip and slowly stop that too but that would be even more expnsive.

TATER
04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
is one or two times a day going to hurt me much? as opposed to the almost pack a day i was smoking?

Christopher Reeves wife died of lung cancer and she didn't even smoke...

lung cancer is far worse then mouth cancer when oit comes to the fatality rate.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Christopher Reeves wife died of lung cancer and she didn't even smoke...

lung cancer is far worse then mouth cancer when oit comes to the fatality rate.

true. but of all COPD cases more than 90 % are caused by smoking.

stating the exception, not the rule, is a crutch smokers have been leaning on since cancer statistics began.

TATER
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
9 bucks a can?! grizzley is just under 3 after tax and skoal/cope are about 5. I would tell you to stop smoking and just dip and slowly stop that too but that would be even more expnsive.

I quit smokin for 6 months once and started dippin. then I started smokin and dippin. man it was tough to quit dippin since I could do it while working whereas I had to go outside to smoke.

t-homo
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I quit smokin for 6 months once and started dippin. then I started smokin and dippin. man it was tough to quit dippin since I could do it while working whereas I had to go outside to smoke.

that is certainly a plus to it. What is actually really fun is what me and some guys call a nicotine patch. Put in a dip and as soon as you start feeling it, light up too. Not overly healthy, but fun none the less.

No Worries
04-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Smoking isn't fun at all nowadays. When I smoked, you could smoke on airplanes. I couldn't wait until the No Smoking sign went off so I could light up.

Most of the time, I would only use my lighter once a day to light a cigarette. But I would light the next cigarette off the last one. Three packs would be gone by the end of the day. That's chain smoking.

My friend had his leg blown off in Vietnam, so he was retired. I would drive him to the PX to buy cartons @ $2. Then I had my mom, a nurse at the VA hospital buying me cigarettes at $0.23/pack. It still wasn't enough, and I had to buy smokes at the store for 0.32/pack. When they went to 36 cents a pack, I quit cold turkey.

Been over 34 years now without a cigarette. The first seven years were the hardest. Most of my friends who continued smoking are dead. Since I quit, I've run hundreds of races including two marathons. Like most things in life, if it isn't hard to do, it ain't worth doing.

Cutty72
04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
My gf smoked a pack a day when we met.
she quit cold turkey once we started dating... would sneak one here or there for the first couple months when we were at the bar...
but she's been done for over 2 years now.

vabarber2
04-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I used to roll my own, but they didnt have enough fiberglass cause I'm a newport man! You may not smoke less though cause you'll just roll up a whole pack of em at a time. I do roll my own joints, but there's no need for a rolling machine for that. If you'd like to quit Welbutren does a great job assisting in it, after a while you'll just stop reaching for your smokes. Cause if they we're any more than $3 I'da quit long ago!

marko138
04-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Smoking is absolutely the most gross disgusting thing ever. Gross.

OneSickPsycho
04-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Smoking is absolutely the most gross disgusting thing ever. Gross.

I thought eating your own shit was, but I guess I am wrong...

I smoked regularly for almost 14 years... I tried to quit multiple times... Then I just decided one day that I didn't want to smoke any more and just stopped. After a couple months cigarettes became gross... Out of curiousity, I'd smoke one... disgusting. I lit a cigarette for a girl at the bar the other night and almost puked.

I love me some cigars though... Just not $2.50 Cubans I have to ride up to Canada for last minute... Fuckin Drewpy FTW.

Mr Lefty
04-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I never saw the draw of smoking... :idk:

good on ya that quit... if people saw daily what that shit does to your lungs... no one would smoke ANYTHING...

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I did it to be cool when I was like 12... then all of a sudden, I HAD to do it...

Side note... I had a buddy in HS that was a rolling machine... not had a rolling machine... WAS a rolling machine. Still, to this day, the only guy I've ever seen who could roll a doobie huge and fat... gum to edge... perfectly. He could also roll a joint that looked like a cigarette with one hand while driving...

dReWpY
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
...:drewpy: perfer the ease of use, less rolling, less skill, more pleasure

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 04:03 PM
...:drewpy: perfer the ease of use, less rolling, less skill, more pleasure

Glass FTW!

Though I liked the convenience of an already rolled j. Plus, I like the taste better...

t-homo
04-06-2008, 04:04 PM
me and a friend bought a hookah today. shit is pretty fun.

lagerdrinker
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I quit smoking for a week. All the money i saved ended up going to alcohol and i got busted with a dui. While i was in the holding cell a cop offered me a cigarette

:bs2:

just kiddin but i do smoke

Cutty72
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Just think of the money you are buring when you do smoke.

azoomm
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Quitting smoking was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I started riding bicycles on a regular basis, you can't smoke and pedal - it just doesn't work well.

Now, I'm with the rest in that it's just foul and GROSS.

Oh, and from the chick perspective... don't dip. *gack*

Cutty72
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Quitting smoking was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I started riding bicycles on a regular basis, you can't smoke and pedal - it just doesn't work well.

Now, I'm with the rest in that it's just foul and GROSS.

Oh, and from the chick perspective... don't dip. *gack*

Bullshit.

t-homo
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Which is worse, dipping or smoking?

Cutty72
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Which is worse, dipping or smoking?

Worse for what?

public grossness?
-Smoking, as long as the dipper swallows

mouth cancer
-dipping

lung cancer
-smoking

gut rot
-dipping

wasting a lot of money through life
-it's a toss up.

t-homo
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Worse for what?

public grossness?
-Smoking, as long as the dipper swallows

mouth cancer
-dipping

lung cancer
-smoking

gut rot
-dipping

wasting a lot of money through life
-it's a toss up.

Sorry, I guess i should have quoted azoomm. I was referring to being gross. And swallowing is disgusting.

comonboys
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Sorry, I guess i should have quoted azoomm. I was referring to being gross. And swallowing is disgusting.

In more than one activity too.......:whistle: