PDA

View Full Version : ugh-ro Remember the Chevy Spark

pauldun170
06-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Daewoo accidentally the Spark.
The whole Spark

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/29/spy-shots-chevy-spark-spotted-as-daewoo-matiz/

Homeslice
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Daewoo = not even worth a click.
Only fucking idiots bought one of those.

101lifts2
06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Daewoo = not even worth a click.
Only fucking idiots bought one of those.

Why?

Car looks tight IMO (cept the interior which looks teh ghey).

Dave
06-29-2009, 11:36 PM
they build good firearms. dunno bout the cars but im guessing not that great. and daewoos badged as chevys are nothing new bud

Homeslice
06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Why?
Cuz they tried & failed 15 years ago?

BobTheBiker
06-30-2009, 05:11 PM
looks like a growed up smart car to me. ugly and stupid.

Sean
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Did Homey not get the memo that says Daewoo has been designing all of Chevy's small cars for here, Europe and China for the past 15 years?

Homeslice
07-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Uh, the last 15 years? Yes the upcoming replacement for the Cobalt will be Daewoo, but I can't find any proof that Daewoo was responsible for the current Cobalt. It might share a platform but that doesn't mean Daewoo actually did all the design work.

pauldun170
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Uh, the last 15 years? Yes the upcoming replacement for the Cobalt will be Daewoo, but I can't find any proof that Daewoo was responsible for the current Cobalt. It might share a platform but that doesn't mean Daewoo actually did all the design work.

Cobalt is based off the Delta platform and (I think) the Delta platform is a mishmash of Opel and GM US engineering.

Delta II is being handled by Daewoo.

Daewoo does all the small cars for GM globally. Stateside, we don't do small cars that's why GM only has two.
Aveo (Daewoo)
Cobalt (Euro\US GM ops)
Soon it will be:

Spark
Aveo
Cruz

All Daewoo.

Dave
07-02-2009, 03:25 PM
gm did the same shit with geo. Nice little mixup of rebadged toyotas suzukis and izuzus. Must have been a mechanics nightmare

pauldun170
07-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I checked out a Storm GSi back in the day.
Wasn't too bad for the segment.

Homeslice
07-02-2009, 04:47 PM

Man card revoked.

Dave
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM

the only acceptable version of that car was the lotus elan. though the turbo awd impulse rs got close

101lifts2
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Um....failed how? They are cheap cars. This one looks better than the Fit or Yaris.

101lifts2
07-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Cobalt is based off the Delta platform and (I think) the Delta platform is a mishmash of Opel and GM US engineering.

Delta II is being handled by Daewoo.

Daewoo does all the small cars for GM globally. Stateside, we don't do small cars that's why GM only has two.
Aveo (Daewoo)
Cobalt (Euro\US GM ops)
Soon it will be:

Spark
Aveo
Cruz

All Daewoo.

And VUE...

pauldun170
07-02-2009, 11:13 PM
And VUE...

Really? Vue is\going to be Daewoo engineered?

Dave
07-03-2009, 01:58 AM

cant see why it would be, saturn was sold to penske. unless chevy kept that model...

pauldun170
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Man card revoked.

Drove a 95 Probe GT for almost 10 years and loved the car.
Man Card revoked

Prefer an old Miatas
Man Card revoked

Don't watch sports
Man card revoked

Got Married
Stopped applying for man card..I might get in trouble with the wife.

Homeslice
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Drove a 95 Probe GT for almost 10 years and loved the car.
Man Card revoked

Prefer an old Miatas
Man Card revoked

Don't watch sports
Man card revoked

Got Married
Stopped applying for man card..I might get in trouble with the wife.

+1 on all those things

But a Nissan NX2000 probably would have been a better choice than the Storm

Dave
07-03-2009, 01:08 PM
+1 on all those things

Truth easy sr20det tur bo swaps too

pauldun170
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
+1 on all those things

Back in 92 the Storm GSi was an underated little bugger and could be had a little bit cheaper than comparable cars. The NX2000 may have something over the Sentra SE-r (That was THE car back in the early 90's) but the sheer hideousness of the thing could not be over come.

Keep in mind that at the time I was test driving everything in that segment.
From Dusters (3.0 Mitsu V6 + 5spd) to Hyundai Scoupe Turbos (entertaining car to someone who was driving a Ford Tempo with a stick that about 6 inches of travel in any direction).

Nowadays, they are old POS barely clinging to life but when they were fresh from the showroom they were entertaining cars for the people who couldn't swing the insurance on a 5.0 Notchback (surpise surpise) Dodge Daytona Turbo.

101lifts2
07-06-2009, 01:29 AM

It is already made in Korea.

Rangerscott
07-06-2009, 11:12 PM
gm did the same shit with geo. Nice little mixup of rebadged toyotas suzukis and izuzus. Must have been a mechanics nightmare

Suzuki has always been suzuki. GM bought out Geo in '98. So it went from a geo tracker to a chevy tracker. At least they didnt change the name of the vehicle.

I have a '98 chevy tracker 16 valve engine in my suzuki samurai. Its a crazy world out there. Plus it's not that hard to find parts for each.

Dave
07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Back in 92 the Storm GSi was an underated little bugger and could be had a little bit cheaper than comparable cars. The NX2000 may have something over the Sentra SE-r (That was THE car back in the early 90's) but the sheer hideousness of the thing could not be over come.

From Dusters (3.0 Mitsu V6 + 5spd) to Hyundai Scoupe Turbos (entertaining car to someone who was driving a Ford Tempo with a stick that about 6 inches of travel in any direction).

Nowadays, they are old POS barely clinging to life but when they were fresh from the showroom they were entertaining cars for the people who couldn't swing the insurance on a 5.0 Notchback (surpise surpise) Dodge Daytona Turbo.

whats this about daytona turbos? Im bout to get mine back on the road. Gotta peel the nitrous off first though

Homeslice
07-07-2009, 10:49 PM

My sister's boyfriend had a Tempo "GLS" sport model, with the "HSO" engine (High Specific Output with like 5 extra hp) :lol:

pauldun170
07-08-2009, 10:26 AM
My sister's boyfriend had a Tempo "GLS" sport model, with the "HSO" engine (High Specific Output with like 5 extra hp) :lol:

Watch out...I'm about to get my "crappy car" geek hat on.

The HSO motor in the GLS had an extra 14HP over the standard car. Toss in the revised gearing of the GLS model and you now have a...shit there is no where to go. It's still a Tempo.

Figure in the horrible quality control on the car, the actual rating for the HSO motor was 100HP....plus 1hp\-16hp so it was kind of wash. Either way, Ford was still designing 80K EOL (Car turns to lego blocks at 80,000miles) so at least it was short lived.

NOW if you were talking about 92 GLS with the 3.0 Vulcan and Taurus SHO transmission then it's a whole new ball game!!

Homeslice
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
No I was talking the 2.3 four-cylinder with the "high swirl combustion" nonsense. It had upgraded wheels & tires, a 5-speed, better interior trim, leather-wrapped wheel, and sport seats with those hollow donut imitation Volvo headrests. I actually thought it was a pretty decent car at the time, but that's probably because the best car my family owned at the time was an '80 Corolla.

pauldun170
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
No I was talking the 2.3 four-cylinder with the "high swirl combustion" nonsense. It had upgraded wheels & tires, a 5-speed, better interior trim, leather-wrapped wheel, and sport seats with those hollow donut imitation Volvo headrests. I actually thought it was a pretty decent car at the time, but that's probably because the best car my family owned at the time was an '80 Corolla.

I learned how to drive stick in a 85 Tempo.

burnouts with wheel cut to far would cause the axle to pop out :lol:

Homeslice
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Remember the "Type 10" Cavalier with like 2 extra hp because of its "dual outlet" exhaust?

pauldun170
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Remember the "Type 10" Cavalier with like 2 extra hp because of its "dual outlet" exhaust?

The Golden age of the Cavalier was 87-89. the Z24 kicked ass

Homeslice
07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
The Golden age of the Cavalier was 87-89. the Z24 kicked ass

Weaksauce. The Skyhawk T-Type Turbo was the best J-car.

HRCNICK11
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
The engine for the Cruz/Volt will be coming from a engine plant in Flint, MI I don't care who drew the print as long as they build it in the US. The company I work for is one of the preferred venders(we get paid in full and first) so for the sake of my job I hope them all the best. I fear thats not going to happen though.