PDA

View Full Version : Cortech Mod Denim Pants

Phenix_Rider
04-03-2008, 08:41 PM
They finally got here!
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2008_Cortech_Mod_Denim_Pant_Distressed_Blue_633232 975388928358.jpg

Very nice pants. Not as heavy denim as my Draggin' Jeans, but same coverage area. They look and feel like my favorite pair of faded Levis, except about twice as heavy denim. Wearing them I hardly notice the leather in the knees and seat. Amazingly, the Mods are cut long enough so they don't pull up over the top of my normal leather boots when riding. Something I can't say for my Icon Barrier and definitely not the Draggin'. I could wear these pants everywhere and not feel or look out of place. They're comfortable enough without the armor that I would wear them everywhere. With the armor in, no one can see it. No verdict on riding with knee armor yet, I only sat on the bike for a minute with them on. Raining outside again.

Best part of the Mod Denim pants? Pockets I can get my hands into!! Not just one hand squeezed as flat as possible! The Draggin' are simply too tight, the Barrier have ridiculously small holes at the top of cavernous pockets, the Mods have normal pockets almost like Levis

Turns out I was being a dunce when I first put the knee armor in. I didn't think about it, and put them on the inside of the pants. Now that I have the pants inside out, I can see the actual pockets they go in. I was disappointed at first because the armor wouldn't stay put, and kept catching on my kneecap whenever I moved. Putting it in the pocket should fix that. There's a nice long strip of velcro inside the pocket, leaving me with no doubt that the armor will stay in place in the jeans. Whether it stays in place on my leg is another story. It may turn out that the only good place for knee armor is strapped to my leg or in tight leather pants. I tried on the A* version, and didn't like them at all. Good fit, nice feel, but thin and no leather or kevlar and bad armor placement. So far, I'm loving my new Cortech riding jeans!

I also picked up a fieldsheer visor carrier and a dark smoke shield for my RF-1000.

vabarber2
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Congrats. Sound awsome, where'd ya get em from? Might have to grab a pair.

dscort
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
how much did those bad boys set ya back?
i like how plain and simple they look.

azoomm
04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I told you so :dthumb: They rock, don't they??!?!

Phenix_Rider
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I got them from Motorcycle Superstore. Cost me about $128 with the other stuff I got and a $5 coupon from my last order and free shipping. The jeans themselves were $89.99. Newenough has them for the same price. Either place will give you free shipping for orders over $75 I think.

I told you so :dthumb: They rock, don't they??!?!

Yup :dthumb:

:twfix:

Mr Lefty
04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Congrats. Sound awsome, where'd ya get em from? Might have to grab a pair.
he said Cortech not Icon.. :lol:

vabarber2
04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
he said Cortech not Icon.. :lol:
I got a set of Icon pants n will probly get another, but icons not the only thing I wear and I hear the cortech have a good rep.

Phenix_Rider
04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I got a set of Icon pants n will probly get another, but icons not the only thing I wear and I hear the cortech have a good rep.

I love my Cortechs! Doesn't stop me from looking at the Icon Anthem. The Barriers were great when I got them, but I'm always looking for something that will protect my ass better!

NeonspeedRT
04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
How true are the Cortech jeans to size? Did you get the size you normally wear in jeans or did you have to go up or down?

Phenix_Rider
04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
How true are the Cortech jeans to size? Did you get the size you normally wear in jeans or did you have to go up or down?

I normally wear a 34-34. Ordered the same size and they're perfect. They fit just like a pair of Levi's relaxed fit or carpenter pants. Usually riding jeans run short on me, but the Mods are good:dthumb:

LaFemmes
04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
I got them from Motorcycle Superstore. Cost me about $128 with the other stuff I got and a $5 coupon from my last order and free shipping. The jeans themselves were $89.99. Newenough has them for the same price. Either place will give you free shipping for orders over $75 I think.

Congrats on the pants.

BTW, if you have the time to shop around online to find the cheapest price, you can send the ad or quote to almost any larger online place and they will sell it to you, even cheaper. :)

z06boy
04-04-2008, 10:04 AM

Nice writeup...I like my Draggin Jeans Utility Jeans BUT had thought about getting a 2nd pair...I may give these a try. :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Nice writeup...I like my Draggin Jeans Utility Jeans BUT had thought about getting a 2nd pair...I may give these a try. :dthumb:

Those might be my next purchase. I need more everyday type riding jeans to wear to work.

fnfalman
04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I have three pairs of the DSX denim pants and for the life of me, I can't tell what the heck is the difference between those and the Mods except that the Mods are a wee bit more expensive. :idk: I'd wish that these manufacturers would be more descriptive with their product information.

Phenix_Rider
04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
I have three pairs of the DSX denim pants and for the life of me, I can't tell what the heck is the difference between those and the Mods except that the Mods are a wee bit more expensive. :idk: I'd wish that these manufacturers would be more descriptive with their product information.

Only thing I could see is that the Mods have adjustable knee armor. All that means is that the pocket is a little oversized and has velcro in it.